SEVEN

Make Me A Wife
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Somi waited impatiently for her best friend to answer the phone. It had been eight weeks since they talked and she knew it was cruel of her. Jisoo loved her like a sister. She was happy when she was and frustrated whenever she was sad. She could remembered how they had met at school. Somi was staying with one of her classmates back in secondary school waiting for the third supplementary admission lists to be released.

 

 

She had been writing SAT for the past three years to study her dream course Mass Communication. But her dream was threatened by SAT, she was always two marks behind the cut off. Her mates were already in their finals and she felt out of place and isolated. It was when she broke down in tears as she checked her admission status at the cafe she met Jisoo. The latter had shushed her and took her outside.

“Why did you embarrassed yourself like that?” Jisoo asked

“I was not given admission” she cried. “I can’t go back home my mates are serving already” she added

“Just calm down. What course did you choose?” She questioned.

“Mass comm” she answered.

“I can pull some strings for you. I am not sure you will get your desired course but you will be accepted into this university. Let’s go” she promised. That was how their relationship started.

 

 

 

Her voice came to the line "Somi?”

“Girl friend” she screamed back while Jisoo sighed.

“It’s been eight weeks” Jisoo was horrified. 

“I am sorry” she apologized. 

“You just went into ghost mode” she said again. Somi chuckled. 

“Yea. How are you?”

“I am sick of worry. I received your text message and afterwards I couldn’t reach you. Where are you? ” Jisoo asked.

“Girlfriend, you will have to calm down. I have some great news to share that might tip you off a cliff” Somi grinned waiting for the squeal. It came, but louder this time.

“I am strong enough to hear it” was her reply

“I got married two days after J…” “After jaewoon left you” she screamed

“Wow! To who?” She asked

“Oh Sehun you remember him?” Somi asked but the answering machine informed her, her airtime was exhausted. She waited for few seconds before her call came through. 

“Who?” Jisoo asked

“Oh Sehun” she replied

“Your boyfriend from cradle” she said laughing.

“Yea” Somi said

“How’s it?” Jisoo asked

“Fine. We are over the storm. Do you still have Lizzy’s contact?”

“Yes, why?” Jisoo asked, she was in her parents house preparing for the coming wedding anniversary.

“I need to buy some lingeries. One I can wear for a wedding night. It’s about to happen” Somi grinned.

“Ha- I have her contact, I will forward it to you”

“Thank you. What’s up with you? Any new guy?” Somi asked. 

“No, just that doctor. You remember him? Stevie, we are together now” Jisoo laughed hearing her friend screamed in shock. 

“What’s change? I mean you hated seeing him” Somi said.

“No, just that doctor. You remember him? Stevie, we are together now” Jisoo laughed hearing her friend screamed in shock

“What’s change? I mean you hated seeing him” Somi said.

Men are funny creatures. How Stevie could still chase after Jisoo was a puzzle. She could recalled how her friend treated him with hatred.

“That was then and all in the past. He’s been the only one who loved me all these years. All the men I dated did not want me for their wife. But Stevie wants to make me a wife” Jisoo said

“Are you happy?” She asked

“Trust me, I am”

“Well am happy for you. Stevie is a good guy” Somi said

“Yeah and rich and looking presentable. Do you know he removed that disfigurement; his front tooth? She asked. 

"Yea, I heard that” Somi replied “I will be opening my restaurant in the in next three days, will you come?” She invited her. 

“That’s my parents wedding anniversary day, have you forgotten so soon?” Jisoo asked.

They talked about everything before they ended the call. Jisoo laughed, Somi knew how to help her. She made her job easier.

 

 

 

Three days later, “I presume you came in here for the most important reason, Daniel" Sehun said, his tone although cool was tinted in anger.

He had warned his temporary Secretary never to allow Grace into his office. After yesterday, he knew he could not live through another drama. There was a moment’s pause.

"Sir, there’s a reason ” . Daniel replied unsure, his boss tick over everything these days.

“And that is…..” He prompted, praying her reason was dammed good or else he would show her the door.

“A lady…..” She began but he jumped him.

“I hope its not Grace” he asked through gritted teeth.

“No sir. A lady who refused to give me her name gave me this envelope for you” she said waving the envelope.

“Take two steps backward, take another four, take another six. Take anothe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter