ELEVEN

Make Me A Wife
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Somi returned from her impulsive, wildly, impractical journey to Jeju. Well, she was not usually like this–impulsive but with Jisoo around the unusual things happens. Her best friend suggested they visit Lotte world. She was skeptical at first. Her restaurant was only few months old and she had never been absent for hours. Jisoo had asked her what could possibly go wrong in three days, she thought about it. Nothing, absolutely nothing could go wrong was her answer. It was not their first visit to the ranch. They had spent significant time there during their service. It was one of her best memories. Life was almost perfect. She was engaged and happy. She looked pale and tired, and she had not troubled to take off her heels when she came into her office, but by this time Mina was too angry to notice.

“You are back at last? I have been calling your name for the past two days but not reachable”

She collapsed on the couch removing her heels. She loved to wear them even though she ended up with sore feet.

“The network was bad over there” was her reply.

“When last did you hear from your husband?”

t was his hard tone that forced her drooping eyelids open. His stance was angry, he was barely holding himself back from unleashing his emotions.

“Why are you annoyed?” She asked.

“When last did you see your husband?” her voice was waspish.

His phone calls said nothing at all except that Busan was beginning to bore him and he was thinking of returning to Seoul soon. She was annoyed, he was not returning to Jendu, their home. He said nothing about missing her—–about wanting to discussed their marriage. He had actually added the polite hope she was enjoying herself and she should send him her account details if she was in need of money. She had replied every of his questions in uncommunicative tone. She even mentioned her planned trip to Jeju hoping he would be jealous or authorative like some husband and instruct her not to go. Instead, Sehun had advised her to visits some interesting places like Jeju Museum, Millenium Park and the likes. She had seethed in anger and ended the call. Was it possible he did not miss her at all and was he happy with the state of their marriage?

The past few months she pushed him from her mind. But seeing happy couples at the ranch brought back her own pain. She was only married in name. She had missed him, actually cried foolish tears. The thought of him had spoiled her short holiday, all the while she had tried, pretend to enjoy herself.

“Somi”, her brother called. She looked up, blinking her eyes to focus them, for they had become blurred.

“He calls me once in a while” she said. Mina silently hand her a newspaper. She went through it wondering what she should look for. “Check the middle page” her brother said And then, the headlines caught her eye. She wrinkled her nose in distaste wondering why Grace looked smug like she caught a big fish. She turned the next page and saw her husband smiling at Grace while she clung to his arms like her life depended on it.

She read the last words out,“Not very married is he?”

“What do you intend to do? Divorce him?” Mina asked. “Divorce him?” Somi’s voice went high. “Oh no—– why should I make things easy and convenient for her? I will be dammed before I let her have him”

“Really? So you do want your marriage and you could not make up with him?” he said this with his brows shooting upward.

She was shocked by his words. She hadn’t revealed to anyone that she and Sehun had a quarrel, well except Jisoo.

“Yes, he told me how you ignore him. How you never care to call him” he said and raised his hands to stop her from replying him “A wise woman builds her home while a stupid one steps aside and cheerfully clap at her falling home”

“Why should anyone blame me? I didn’t do anything to Sehun. He just stopped talking to me, snaps at every word I say. He does not eat my food nor does he care about me. I tried talking to him, pleaded with him to discuss our marriage but he refused. What do you expect me to do? Immerse myself in sadness? Kill myself with worry? All I did was make myself happy. Sehun should stop acting like an overgrown baby and come out with what I did. If he does not want our marriage he should say it not cover up with a silly excuse that I kept him waiting while talking to my father”

Somi despised herself bitterly for going into hysterics but she could not stop herself. First,it was Jaewoon whom she loved and he left her and she tried to move past it. And she had been for eight weeks with Sehun and one night it disappeared and she felt she was trapped—not only that but an unwanted wife as well. After a while, her bitter sobs died away while Mina patted her on the shoulder. Her breaths began to cease.

“No, Somi no” he said fanning her face. “Try to breath with your mouth” She tried, she really did but lost the battle as fog of sleep embraced her.

She was furious with Jisoo. It had been a week since they came back from jeju and Jisoo zoomed off to God knows where. She hadn’t returned a single one of her calls despite the many text messages she had sent to her phone. Jisoo’s behavior was unseemly. She had advised her to call Mrs Georgina if she could help her with a job, afterall she was Jisoo's mentor and her friend had done a lot for the woman. She refused without giving Somi a reasonable reason. There was those calls from Mrs Georgina her friend never picked.

Something was not right, Jisoo was hiding a lot from her.

Come to think of it, Jisoo never disclosed details of her relationship to her while Somi told her everything about her relationship. She knew nothing about Jisoo’s family except minute details unlike her that divulged every details of her family to her. Was it wise, doing that?

 

 

 

In the end, Somi called Mrs Kemmy to come for a drink in the evening. It would be easier to talk without crowd teeming into the restaurant. Mrs Kemmy was attractive with expressive eyes set wide apart and a low cut that made her look younger than her thirty five year old. She was small with big s and a curvaceous figure.

“My goodness, you look smashing” commented Mrs Lim as she arrived sitting on the table for two. Somi knew she looked beautiful with her blond braids packed atop her head exposing her pierced ears studded with earrings. “Thank you ma” Somi said smiling. “Cut the ma, we are friends aren’t we?” Mrs Lim said smiling. The woman was a regular at her restaurant and she always praised her meals. She had even signed her on a year contract to supply foods for her staffs. Somi was excited.

She exchanged calls with the woman almost every day and they had became friends sort off. She was not sure if it was wise to be closer to a customer but the woman was kindness herself. She paid her compliment and made her feel important even though she was richer and elegance herself.

“Something is eating you up, speak up” the older woman said.

“Don’t mind my manners what will you like to drink and eat?” She asked.

“Let’s skip meals this evening, let us talk. You are young and appear happy but something is not right. I know we only just met few weeks ago but you can talk to me” the woman said.

“My life” Somi cleared .

“It's one difficulty after another. I have never been happy forever. Something always happen to taint it”

“Tell me about it” Mrs Lim said. She launched into her childhood story, how her mother died. Her teen years, how she faced some challenges and her adult life, her relationship with men and how her happiness came in short supply.

“Do you drink?” was Mrs Lim's question. Somi stared at her, did her story sound like someone who was drunk? She called on the waiter and ordered for two glasses of wine.

“We will need these if we are going to talk this through. Just suppose you do manage to get Jaewoon back what would be the point? He is married now and so are you. He belongs to the past. And now your husband, I don’t understand why he would be angry over a little thing like that. It seems something is not right. Like a foul play. This is what you will do; its either you report to his uncles and your father or find him where….”

“Find who?” Jisoo’s voice rang out as she picked another chair and sat beside Somi. “Jisoo where have you been?” Somi said annoyed.

“I called you several times, you didn’t pick my call. How could you just leave without telling me?”

“Please ma, help me to beg my friend. I am sorry. I just wanted to clear my head” Jisoo said to Mrs Lim.

“I thought Jeju did that for you” Somi glowered at her.

“I am sorry” she pleaded. Jisoo was always sorry. She was just tired of hearing that words.

"Why should one be sorry when there won’t be any real change? Jisoo, I don’t like your habit of going off with unknown men." Her reply would be sorry.

"Jisoo, you really shouldn’t drink so much"

" I am sorry Darling Jisoo, why don’t you wait for months before you go to bed with him. How do you expect h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter