TWELVE

Make Me A Wife
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Grace sighed as she sat down in the noisy restaurant which was crammed with young men and their dates stuffing the place. In the corner was Mr. Cha standing all by himself talking to someone on the phone. The man was born to wear black tie. His evening clothes fitted him perfectly; made to measure, obviously. He was tall and very handsome. This was the third night in a row that they were meeting. Sehun had called her the previous week and told her about an important client who wanted to buy some properties and she had to be extra nice to him.

On their first meeting, she had shown him different pictures of the available properties but he seemed not to be interested. He was busy asking personal questions. On the second night, he had thrown the catalog she gave him aside and continued talking about himself and drawing her into personal conversation. But this evening she was prepared to give him a piece of her mind. If he was not interested in buying properties he should just say that rather than wasting her precious time.

She waved at him and he sauntered towards her. He looked young for a man in his forties. Unlike most men in his age group, his stomach was hard and flat probably from exercising not the usual pot belies that was common in an average rich Korean man.

“It’s too stuffy in here. Let’s move to somewhere private” he said, leading her to another section of the restaurant.

“It’s very quiet in here” she commented admiring the cool, high-celligned room and the flowery floor.

“Read the inscription up there” he said, pointing to the shiny alphabets lined in rows on the wall “It says 'Welcome to Busan ” he read it out.

“Where are we coming from is called what?” She asked, relaxing on the seat.

“Seoul” he answered while she laughed heartily.

“Grace, what will you like to eat?” he asked studying the menu.

She raised her eyebrow at the use of her first name. This was not a business dinner that was clear to her now except the role Sehun was playing. “I need to go to the loo, excuse me” she said.  “Of course” he murmured.

Mr. Cha stared at her disappearing figure. She was clad in a a gray suit and black trousers with heels. She was more pretty than her pictures he saw on Sehun’s phone .

Was he overdoing things? Should he have waited for weeks before he became too familiar with her? No, there was no point waiting. They are adults. Not, a fourteen year old kid that play around. He was too old for the chasing game. He would tell her his mind. He needed a wife who would look after him and his nine year old daughter.

 

 

Grace waited patiently for Sehun to pick his phone. She was in the ladies room and she could hear voices outside. There were people waiting outside to use the loo.

“Grace” Sehun’s sleepy voice came through She didn’t bother with pleasantries. She launched straight into how she found the man’s eyes on her offending. And how he was not interested in his properties.

“Grace, Mr Cha is someone you should know. He’s young and not attached. I have known him ten years ago and he is an honourable man. Someone you should marry” Sehun said, waiting for her to scream or probably curse him. He was tired of fending off Grace unwanted attention. She was always over him and he needed to do something about it if they were to have a lasting work relationship.

“Sehun, you are trying to marry me off to a stranger, who the hell do you think you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter