FOURTEEN

Make Me A Wife
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She held the fork to her lips about to swallow when the dining wall compelled her to look but she refused.

She was at the dining with her husband and two children. She had always kept this part of her, a secret ever since she learnt that most men she dated feared her because of her gift. They always ended up leaving her.

And now that she finally had a man to marry her and gifted her two beautiful children she was not ready to ruin it.

So she forced her gaze on her food but there was that insistent feeling nagging her to look. When her husband stood up to answer the door, she quickly stared at the wall.

Inside it, she saw two humans; a man and a woman without face but she could recognized the midnight gown.

The man’s hand came up and circled the woman’s neck. Squeeze.

The vision disappeared immediately. It was Somi, she is in trouble. She had to help her but how? Busan is faraway. As she cleared the table, her mind was asking questions as to what went wrong.

Everything had worked out well till they got to the airport and she had not noticed any difference on her. She added detergent to the dish washer, and set the washing cycle.

She turned to leave and saw a scissors cutting a pant and two hands rubbing two fruits together. The White bracelet she gave to somi at the airport was a gift from her mother. It dispel evil.

She had to call her.

 

 

Sehun was at the garden watching his wife fidgeted with her fingers. When would she summoned the courage and entered the hall rather than watching the event through the glass door.

“What in God’s name are you doing?” asked a voice behind him Sehun turned to find his friend scowling at him.

“You are the celebrant, your guests are arriving in the hall, and you are here skulking around in the garden” Hyungwon said.

“Look” Sehun said, pointing to the lone figure at the entrance.

Somi was clad in a dark gown clinging to her every curve. Her hair was down and she looked very beautiful.

Hyungwon had told him that his wife would be coming to Busan and they had planned a grand welcome for her.

They had sent her to the room he was staying without her knowing and if everything worked out well they would be flying to New York for a well deserved honeymoon the following morning. Sehun had thought over everything, and the message Grace forwarded to him had cleared most of his doubts. Someone was trying to separate them like he had suspected earlier. But was it possible he had misunderstood what he had heard that night at the restaurant?

His brain rejected the thought as the words replayed themselves in his mind. Yet, he could not ignored the evidences. He picked up his phone and called his friend on IMO.

“Hi” Hyungwon greeted shoving the newspaper clippings on his phone screen. It was two weeks after the end interview. Not very married

Sehun sighed, he already explained to him that it meant nothing and had shifted the blamed on Somi, claiming that she ignored him and hardly talked to him which was partly true.

“Hyungwon, I want to tell you some things.” He paused waiting his friend’s reaction. He explained the note he received and also, the conversation he had over heard.

“And Chanyeol called me the other, he said that Jisoo girl used to visit Glorious night which means Somi used to be there too.”

“One after the other Sehun" Hyungwon said after a thought and added, ”If she was pregnant like you claimed, after that failed wedding then my father would have mentioned it in his angry state. I only know one Gynae doctor and it was when Somi was 17 and he visited the house. I think its related to menstrual issue but you know what? Let me call my stepmother and ask her.”

After a few hours Hyungwon called him again and explained “I was right, it was after secondary school she didn’t menstruate unlike her mates at the boarding house. That was when they went to a doctor. Since then, my stepmother said my father had always wanted her to get married on time so she could start a family. He was scared she might enter early menopause. Maybe that’s why he’s asking her about pregnancy. But it's best for you to discuss this with my sister, including the Glorious Night thing. I don’t know what to make of that.” he said.

 

 

Since then he had been looking forward to had a one on one talk with his wife. But his work load consumed him. There were other times he was tempted to tell her on phone but Somi was fixated on Grace. Her questions were centred around her “Should I get her into the hall?” Hyungwon asked bringing him back to the present.

“No, she will come in when she’s ready” Sehun said and they walked back to the hall. The hall was teeming with crowd.

Somi stood by saying polite 'Hellos' to the guests going into the hall. She had spent last twenty minutes out there going through many thoughts in her mind that her legs were protesting from standing too long on the heels. What if Sehun did not want to see me? She chided herself for going back and forth on that single question. She had to be in the hall to know the answer.

Gathering all her courage, she began to walk towards the entry door. The security man requested for her invitation. She provided him with the one her brother gave her. The function room of Eden Hotel was an assemblage of luster and silver and heaving with beautiful bodies dressed in perfect evening suits and glamorous evening dress with Rnb music playing in the background.

She chose a seat near the entrance wanting to gather her wit before slipping into the the empty chair. Waiters and waitresses armed with trays of wine and fruit juice approached her table, serving her. She picked up the program book and read. Her husband was one of the Engineers honored tonight. She scoured the room for Grace but none of the women looked like her. She was not even at her husband’s table. She frowned, where was she? Maybe she was late like her. Picking up the program book, she raised it up to obscured her face from Sehun in case he was watching for her.

She focused her attention on the French doors, if Grace was coming she would be the one to see her first and intercept her from reaching to her husband by pouring half of her drink on her, accidentally of course. Her phone vibrated. It was Mrs Lim's.

Her mind took a turn, she felt anger welling up in her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter