THIRTEEN

Make Me A Wife
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jaewoon walked into the house he shared with his wife. It was cold and lonely. He saw traces of dirt on the windows and a tell-tale sign of an abandoned house. Everywhere, was dusty and he began to sneeze.

Where was Mina?

He searched everywhere, and got to their bedroom. All her clothes were gone. She had left him. His heart started skipping, he called her number; she was busy on another call. He was only gone for eight weeks and his wife was no where to be found. She finally picked her call

“Where are you? I am at home now and couldn’t find your things?”

“I moved out” was her calm reply

“Moved out? To where?” Mina was pissed with all the shouting and all. It was not as if he cared about her and these past few weeks she was already living a happy life without worrying about a man who saw her as a means of revenge.

A man who could not forgive her. She remembered nights she went on her knees begging him. But he disposed her off like a piece of furniture

“I have moved to my place. You wanted a divorce and I am preparing for it the best way I can. Just leave me alone” she said ending the call.

Jaewoon stared at his phone. His wife was angry. This was not the homecoming he imagined. He thought she would be home waiting and all over him with the joy of seeing him. But his little wife had developed wings. And claws. Her place? She must have rented an apartment with his money. He brought out his handkerchief and cleaned a portion of the leather chair and dat down stretching his legs.

He turn on the TV, the Dstv subscription had expired. He switched off the Tv. Everywhere was annoyingly silent. Even when he was a bachelor his house was homely not this cold building his wife left behind. He was not married to the complaisant woman he thought she was and to be defied by Mina who had once openly idolized him was unthinkable.

He had to find her. But there was no one he could call. Her sister was clearly against the marriage and her parents were elderly people whom he did not want to worry. He shouldn’t have left her alone in Busan where she had no friend. He remembered a man. He was a close friend to her family. He searched for his number, praying his wife hadn’t said anything to the man. He called Francis.

“Hey, are you back?” the man said as a way of greetings. He was always busy and had no time for preambles.

“Yea, and my wife is not here” he said

“Well, she didn’t ask me to keep it a secret” he said describing the place to him.

Jaewoon was relieved. He couldn’t imagined talking to mina’s sister. She would have screamed his ear off. He went to the bathroom and had a quick shower.

Dressed in his casuals, he stepped out of his house with the intention of bringing her home.

 

 

Mina was fuming in anger over his call and her reaction to his homecoming. She was excited but the thought that he had gone off gallivanting without a care for her or his unborn child diminished her mood. He was welcome to his empty house. She thought to herself as she moved around her small office.

She read reports that Jisoo’s engagement was cancelled and thought that was the beginning of her ruin. She only just started with her. Her next move would be to separate her and Som

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter