TEN

Make Me A Wife
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Still, life went on. If there was another person who was in the same boat as Somi it was Sehun and Mina. Sehun was drowned in his business. Every waking moment was spent working on something new. He hardly had time to think of his home. It was just as if he was transported back to his early adult life. Chengdu as he had envisaged was the right place for his regional office. But he could not spent all his time there. His businesses had grown and he couldn’t split himself into halves to be at different places. He appointed few of his trusted employees and placed them in his branches. There was only one person he thought was best to head his regional office. It was Grace. Grace was smart and intelligent. It was that attribute that endeared her to him. Their relationship had lasted a little over two months until he found out she was clingy. That was her only defect. He wished she had applied her intelligence into their relationship and saw it for what it was. For all that, he needed her. He called her on his phone.

“Hi” she said.

“I want to see you” He said and described where he was.

 

 

Grace was excited to received his call. The fact that Sehun was married mattered not at all—-most men of thirty were. And she was thirty two herself, her petite stature and pretty young face had hidden all that. She easily lied to men that came her way she was twenty eight. Only now they hardly come and the few that did were married. Her aunt had advised her to marry any man that came her way. Married or divorced. She wanted Sehun for herself, he was the best among her past lovers. Oh, he did all the correct things—–gave her expensive jewelry, sent her flowers. But there were no sentimental notes attached to any of his gifts. Only his name Oh Sehun. But she had discovered he could not be pinned down easily. If she had known he was serious about getting married to that harpy, she would have trapped him with pregnancy. Now, was never too late. It was obvious he and his wife had fallen apart. Why would he be calling her if not that. She wore her sandal quickly and applied make up to her face. Blowing a big kiss to the mirror, she picked up her purse ready to leave.

 

 

Sehun leaned back in his chair, long legs stretched before him with a hard expression on his face. Grace was taking too long. He hated to be idle for a second because his wife always found a way to crept into his mind. He had kept a tab on her and each day, he received notes on her goings and comings.

What in the hell was she up to at the moment?

He had been patient all along—-to give her a chance to make up her mind and come clean with her devious act. But she was stubborn always hissing like a snake whenever he was around. Her recent pictures that was sent to him showed no pregnancy bump. She must have terminated the pregnancy. That was she meant when she said the gynaecologist said she could always get pregnant. It was horrible to think her father supported her act.

Why was it that she was the one woman who was capable of making him care? Was it because she was a sister to his best friend? Why was he missing her?

He hated the knowledge. He shouldn’t miss a woman who had deceived him, but he had. He woke in the night, reaching for her but she was not there. He had dreamt about their kiss, her sweet mouth His phone rang disturbing his thoughts. He answered it. It was his friend Chanyeol.

“I told you, she visited Glorious night those years” his excited voice rang out. Women excite him.

“Who?” Sehun asked.

“Jisoo, your wife’s best friend” he replied.

There was a knowing silence. If Jisoo had been at those parties, his wife had been there too. He needed to confirm his fears.

“So she said Somi was with her” Sehun said.

“No, not exactly but they went everywhere together” his friend replied.

“I hope you didn’t tell her who owned the hotel” he growled.

“No I do….” Sehun ended the call.

The last “No” had sufficed. His wife visited Glorious night, where the women slept with at least two men in a night. How had they not recognized her? Or did she saw her brother one of those nights and decided never to attend again.

“Hello” Grace greeted kissing him on his cheek.

He needed to set her right. Grace was dramatic and he would not want to encourage her affections for him the second time. So he brought out his handkerchief and wiped out her lips from his face. He saw her lips pouted in anger.

“Grace, I called you here to discuss business” he informed her.

“Wait, let me guess. You want us to be back together because you realized your wife is harpy like I warned you she was. So you want me to marry you and have your baby while I won’t interfere in your marriage with her” Grace said clapping gleefully while Sehun rolled his eyes heavenward.

Why was she acting like a dunce? Did she really believed that unintelligible story she just told?

“You should act romantic movies, instead of just watching them. Or better still write a romantic novel” Grace gurgled with laughter.

“Anything is possible I think, especially with you being the romantic man in my….” Grace was stopped from launching into another tirade of meaningless words by Sehun.

“Now listen” he said and explained every details of what he wanted them to achieve together.

“Also, I think its about time my businesses take a social media approach. I have been shying away from it all these years. But the truth is, its catching up on me. I was reading a newspaper last week, and I saw my name pictures in the young entrepreneur list. I want us to take the media on together” he completed.

 

 

Two weeks later, Hyungwon was in his office going through the newspapers before him. A frown marred his handsome features. His friend was in the arm of another woman he recognized as Grace.

Had he rekindled their relationship? How could he disrespect his wife that way. He had stayed out of his marriage like Wande suggested believing he was capable of holding his home together. Should he call him? No, maybe it meant nothing.

He thought to himself. He decided to check the net if there was video of the interview he could watch. He found it and clicked on play.

Reporters mingled with distinguished guests at the ceremony of the opening of his Regional office. Grace eyes sparked as she was introduced as the manager of the office. She was dressed in a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter