Epilogue

Exodauntia
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Are you sure you want to do this?”

 

“Yes.” Jongdae answers, voice soft.

 

He squeezes your hand, stepping through the barrier. You hear him swallow thickly, his eyes trained on the walls of the castle.

 

His castle.

 

After everything had settled down, Kris had given back the crown to Jongdae as promised. All Kris’s servants—who turned out to actually be Minseok’s spies—were cleared away so the castle is empty now.

“Jongdae?” You ask softly, staring at him. You see the glazed look in his eyes, filled with unshed tears. “Are you okay?”

“Yes,” he breathes out, hastily wiping away a few drops of tears. “It’s just…everything that I’ve been fighting for…and now I’m finally here…” He lets out a sniff.

You give him a comforting squeeze, nodding. You understand how emotional this is for him, how much he’s gone through to get here. “Let’s go in.”

Jongdae is slightly hesitant, but nods. The two of you make your way through the large doorway of the castle, stepping into the silent hallway.

Jongdae looks around in awe, his eyes wide like a child seeing something amazing for the first time. You follow him, and he knows exactly where to go. He makes his way to the throne room, the place where his parents were killed.

You hear him in a breath sharply, his eyes trained on the two thrones in the room. He goes over carefully, hands coming to trace the wooden cutting of the chair. You see a tear drop, staining the ancient wood. “Mom, dad…I’m here. Everything’s over now.”

You make your way towards him, wrapping your arms around his slim form and pressing your cheek against his back.

“I’m sorry,” he mumbles, turning to pull you into his arms. “I didn’t mean to get emotional. It’s just so hard to believe.”

“It’s fine.” You say softly, offering him a smile. “This is big for you.”

He nods, arms tightening around you. It’s then when the doors open, revealing the remaining vampires—Chanyeol, Baekhyun, Sehun, Kyungsoo, Jongin, even Kris is present. Jongin flashes you and Jongdae a tear-filled smile, the retrieved crown in his hands.

“Are you ready?” Chanyeol asks, a smile blooming on his face. It’s the first time you saw him smile like that.

 

Jongdae nods. “Yeah.”

 

Jongin walks over, and Jongdae kneels. Jongin looks proud at his brother, you can see it in the sparkle in his eye, though his face remains serious. No words are exchanged when Jongin sets the crown over Jongdae’s head, crowning him as king. Straightening, Jongdae turns to the empty thrones. “Our kingdom is in peace at last, mom, dad.”

 

You watch from beside the others as Jongdae takes the crown off, setting it gently down on the king’s throne. Jongdae presses two fingers to his lips, then presses them on the crown.

 

When he turns towards you, his smile is bright and breathtaking. Filled with happiness and relief you’ve never seen in him before.

He makes his way to you, reaching out and holding your hand tenderly. You close your eyes when his lips brush yours, pressing a sweet kiss there.

 

“Now what?” You whisper, filled with uncertainty as you look up at him.

 

He merely smiles, giving you another soft kiss.

 

 

 

You try to stop yourself from smiling. You can feel Jongdae shuffle on the bed next to you, restless.

“Please.” He finally lets out a whine, huffing in defeat as he throws an arm around your middle. “Just one kiss.”

“No.” Comes your swift reply, obviously dangling him by a thread. “I’m tired. Sleep, Jongdae.”

“But I can’t sleep without kissing you goodnight.” He pauses. “Well technically it’s morning, but still.”

“I’m still tired after being Turned.” You snuggle deeper into the sheets, feeling as if you can never be truly warm again as a vampire. The thought makes you slightly sad. “I want to sleep.”

“Bull.” He huffs again, squeezing you against him tighter. “You were Turned like two weeks ago. I’m pretty sure you’ve completely gotten over it.”

“Not completely.” You try to shove him off you, but in a flash he’s hovering over you, hands holding your wrists down so you can’t push him.

He flashes you a victorious smile. “Give me a kiss.”

“No.” You purse your lips tightly to stop the smile from showing, turning your head to the side, avoiding him when he leans down and he ends up kissing your cheek.

He groans, annoyed. “Why are you like this?”

“Let me sleep, Jongdae.” You try to wiggle out of his grasp but he’s strong—still stronger than you.

“Just kiss me and I’ll let you sleep.” He mumbles, pressing a kiss to your jaw. His releases your hands and you automatically run them through his soft hair. His fingers brush against your side and you stiffen.

 

“No—”

 

But it’s too late as he moves his fingers, tickling you mercilessly. He knows all your weak spots. “Jongdae!”

“Kiss me!” He laughs, body locking yours in place so you can’t escape.

You finally give in, tears in your eyes from laughing and your lungs strained. “Okay, okay, fine!”

He grins when he releases you, and you reluctantly (but not really) pull his face towards yours and you plant a soft kiss against h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter