Prologue

Exodauntia
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Please go to my videos and listen to the Audiobook first!

 

, , , , …

They’ve found me.

 

“Hyung!” A distant echo of his younger brother’s cry makes him momentarily pause in his steps, looking back cautiously.

He doesn’t sense anyone following him, a faint smell of blood mingles with the humid air.

He pants harshly from fighting and running.

“Hyung!” Another call, this time it seems farther away.

Jongdae is scared to call back to him, but does anyways because he doesn’t want his brother to worry any longer. “I’m fine! Get out of here and run as far as you can!”

The wind helps him carry his voice all the way to the other side of the forest, to his brothers’ ears.

 

There is no more calls from him after that.

 

 

It’s just Jongdae.

 

 

For a moment he wonders where his other brothers are, but they’re older and probably more capable of getting away.

For now, he focuses solely on himself, focusing on survival.

He doesn’t remember how long he’s been running. Even with his strength, he can’t maintain a run for that long.

He finally stumbles upon a human trail. He follows, hoping it’ll lead away from doom.

He pants and tries to catch his breath as he relaxes slightly, but his sense are still heightened from panic and fear. He finds himself entering a large town that was built just outside the forest.

The bustling of crowds and people calling for attention at shops eases his mind. Surely those people won’t find him here, mixed with a bunch of other people.

He allows himself to be swept away by the flow of bodies, allowing himself to blend in and disappear.

Soon enough, fatigue starts to catch up on him. The people

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter