Chapter 12

Exodauntia
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It’s pitch black when you wake up.

 

 

When you try to move, you realize you’re in a box of some sort. You couldn’t hold your arms out towards the side, and the top is very close to your face. You seem to be in a tight fitting box, which makes it hard to breathe and is beginning to give you claustrophobia.

 

How on Earth did I get in here?

 

You try to remember what had happened. Your mind is a blur, but you do remember you were in great pain. You thought you had died, but somehow you’re awake.

You begin pounding on the top of the box, yelling on the top of your lungs, “Hello? Anyone out there?”

You wait for a moment, but don’t hear anything. You prepare to pound again when the top is suddenly lifted, revealing a very familiar face.

“You’re awake.” Jongdae says, almost as if he couldn’t believe it.

You sit up, in a large gulp of air. At a second glance, you realize what you were inside of. “A coffin?”

“It was to keep the light out.” Jongin says to your right, sitting on the couch with his chin propped up in his palm. “Couldn’t risk it.”

“Risk it?” You frown, pushing yourself out of the coffin, though you find your legs wildly unsteady and you almost fall, only to be caught by Jongdae.

 

His touch, you realize, no longer feels cold.

 

Jongin looks hesitant, sinking his teeth into his bottom lip. When you look up, you find the same expression on Jongdae’s face. “There was always a chance—you know, where you wouldn’t…wouldn’t come back.”

Your frown deepens, mind still not fully working. “I don’t understand.”

Jongdae ignores your obvious confusion, instead asking, “How do you feel?”

You take a moment to think about your answer. You still feel a bit lightheaded, feeling tired and oddly cold. You’re not sure how to form the feeling into words. You just feel…weird. Different.

Seeing your hesitation, Jongdae lowers his voice which sends a chill down your spine. “Do you feel thirsty?”

 

 

Thirsty.

 

 

You’re suddenly painfully aware of the dryness in your throat, aching for something to quench it. You nod, seeing the way Jongdae’s face darkens.

“Come.” Jongdae says softly, tugging you along towards the staircase. You see the way Jongdae nods at Jongin, an odd gesture.

He leads you to his room, and you find that the darkness of the house doesn’t bother you as much as it did before. Your eyes are adjusting incredibly well, to the point you can make out every detail in the room.

 

“Come here.” Jongdae sits on his bed, petting the spot next to him.

 

You do so obediently, sitting next to him. You have so many questions, though you don’t know which to ask first. Jongdae doesn’t give you a chance to speak, though, when he yanks your head towards him suddenly, cradling your head against his neck. “Drink.”

You want to laugh, to push him away and ask if he was joking. But to your surprise, your body reacts on its own and you bite down on him, surprised to find yourself breaking the skin easily, blood flowing into your mouth.

You almost recoil, but your body is drinking the metallic liquid greedily. You have no control over your actions, you can’t stop. There’s something so incredibly intimate about this that you don’t understand.

After a while you finally pull away, feeling a satisfaction you’ve never felt before. Jongdae smiles, almost sadly, hands coming to wipe away some excess blood from the corner of your lips.

 

 

You don’t know how to react, what to say. The realization of what you’ve become hits you like a train. 

 

 

“I’m—”

 

 

“I’m sorry.” Jongdae interrupts you, his voice filled with absolute guilt. He’s looking down, afraid to meet your eyes. “I’m so sorry.”

 

“For what?” You ask quietly, almost scared to hear the answer.

 

“For doing this to you.” He sighs, shaking his head. “For Turning you into a…a vampire. I’m sorry.”

Your mind is growing steadily clearer after your drink, things clicking into place. A vampire. You are now a vampire. You should’ve panicked, should’ve felt petrified of yourself but instead you’re calm, “I would have died.”

“Yes.” He nods. “You would have died otherwise. Actually…you were already dead.” You’re absolutely sure you see tears welling up in his eyes, though he quickly looks down to avoid you seeing it.

 

“Jongdae.” You call, though he still refuses to look at you. “Jongdae, look at me.”

 

You cup his cheeks, lifting his head and forcing him to look at you. There’s a pout on his lips that almost makes you laugh. Your eyes softens as you whisper, “Thank you. You saved me.”

His lower lip wobbles, and suddenly you’re pu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter