Chapter 10

Exodauntia
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Who’s here?” You ask lowly, Kris’s expression beginning to scare you. He hushes you quickly, pushing you into the room frantically.

“Don’t come out.” He hisses, eyes narrowed dangerously. “No matter what happens, don’t. Come. Out.”

 

With that, he slams the door closed.

 

You feel your heart pounding, feeling like something terrible is about to happen. You pace the room, gnawing your teeth as you try to fight your urge to go out. You want to know who it is, want to know what’s happening, though you know you can’t. If you want to live another day, you should take Kris’s advice.

 

You continue pacing, since it’s the only thing you can do at the moment.

 

And then you hear a loud crash from somewhere in the castle, the sound resonating through the ground and walls.

“NO!” You hear Kris holler like a clap of thunder, his voice making you jump from the sheer panic in his tone. “SHE KNOWS NOTHING!”

 

You’re shaking now, knowing who he’s talking about.

 

 

Whoever it is, he’s coming for you.

 

 

You hear footsteps getting louder and louder, and you back up against the wall, cowering in fear.

That’s when the door flies open, and the person standing there makes you choke.

“M-Minseok?” You whisper, not expecting it in the least.

He lets out a smile, a friendly smile like always. “Hi.”

“B-But why?” You ask, your throat constricting as he comes towards you slowly. “Why would you do this to your own brother?”

“Why?” He repeats, a low chuckle leaving his lips. “Why indeed.”

You feel like a trapped animal as he comes ever nearer, taking his sweet time. You have nowhere to run, nowhere to hide. If he wanted to, he could kill you right here.

“You see, the throne is rightfully mine.” Minseok starts, circling you like a wolf. “As the oldest, it is my right to be king. But no.” He growls, his eyes growing a dangerous ice blue, a color you’ve never seen before. “My parents said I wasn’t fit to rule. So they let Junmyeon inherit the throne.”

“So you killed him?” You gasp, not believing what you’re hearing. “Your own brother?”

“He deserved it!” Minseok seethes, eyes blazing. “I gave him a chance but he didn’t take it. He didn’t give me a choice.”

“He’s your brother!” You cry out. “Jongdae’s your brother! Is being king really worth it?”

“Yes!” He screams, the temperature of the room dropping drastically. “It was mine to begin with!”

“It was never yours!” You seethe, seeing the way he flinches, his eyes darkening and you curse mentally. You’ve pushed him too far.

“It seems like I’ll have to remove you.” Minseok says lowly, a grin beginning to grow on his face. “So that you don’t go around saying things you shouldn’t be saying, hm?”

“No.” You whisper, terrified. You look frantically for a way out, but Minseok merely lets out a laugh, knowing he’s trapped you.

 

“Get the away from her!” Kris barges into the room, and you realize Minseok froze the doorframe so he couldn’t open it.

“Kris, are you turning on me?” Minseok asks casually, not at all fazed. “You know you can’t win against me.”

“That doesn’t matter.” Kris growls, and faster than you can see, he has a hold around your waist and he throws the both of you out of the window.

You scream, but the wind carries it away and just when you think you’re going to crash into the ground and die, Kris suddenly swoops upwards and you find yourself sailing in the sky.

“You can fly?” You ask in panic, grabbing onto Kris for better support.

“Yes, I can fly!” He answers, almost irritated. “I have powers too, you know!”

“Well how would I know you could fly?” You counter, raising your voice over the scream of the wind.

Kris suddenly swoops sideways, making you yelp. You see an arrow fly past the two of you, and with a second glance you realize it’s ice. “He’s shooting at us!”

“I know!” Kris answers, leaning towards the side again as another ice arrow whistles past.

He couldn’t avoid the third arrow, which hits him in the shoulder. Losing concentration, the both of you begin falling, the trees breaking your fall slightly, though you’ve gained countless scrapes on your arms and legs.

Thank goodness Kris cushioned your fall, or else you might really have died. He grunts in pain, and you scramble off of him. You gasp, seeing blood cover his shoulder, his face twisted in pain. “, I haven’t felt this much pain since I died.”

“Oh my gosh,” you panic, flitting around him, not knowing what to do. “Uh…How do vampires heal? Um, do you need anything special or—”

“Calm down.” Kris says, his voice gruff. “I’m not going to die. Vampires heal quickly—though not so quickly this time since it’s ice.”

At a closer look, you realize there’s ice lacing his wound, as if it’s keeping it open. “Kris, we need to get you away.”

 

 

“Really now?”

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter