Two.

Mission: Impossible
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Practice - Live stages - Practice - Meetings - Practice

That was how their days went by. They barely had time for food or sleep but they didn't mind, because at the end of the day they were full of love from their fans and that was enough for them. Reveluvs made them the happiest, they were their everything. After a long tiring day the only thing that mattered was their fans' happiness.

Practice makes perfect, they said, and Red Velvet truly believed in this saying. That was why once again they found themselves in the practice room late at night.

"Five, six, seven, eight,"

The girls followed the choreographer's voice, step by step, dancing rhythmically to their upcoming song 'Really Bad Boy'. They had been preparing for this comeback for quite sometime and they even had to delay it for 'better quality' as their company explained. The girls loved the new mini album, their new outfits were amazing and the songs in the album were tuneful and mellifluous. Irene's personal favourite was 'Taste'.

"And we're done! Good job girls!" the choreographer gave a high five to each girl, thanking them for working hard. They waved the young woman goodbye and took their time to catch their breath and do some stretching.

"I think I'm going to pass out," Yeri lay on the dirty wooden floor of the practice room.

"Yeri! Don't lie there, it's dirty!" Irene scolded her like the mum she was. She quickly grabbed the girl's arm and forced her to stand up. Yeri groaned in response.

"We'll be back in the dorm in no time and you'll sleep in your bed," the mother of the group added giving a ray of hope to all the members, "Now, all of you, gather up your things. We're leaving."

The four younger girls whined in unison but followed their leader's order anyways. Whose idea was it to practice at two in the morning anyway and why did the choreographer agree?

"Come on! Don't be lazy! We have lots of things to do tomorrow, we need to sleep," Irene clapped her hands, the sound of her claps piercing the girls' ears.

"Unnie, stop! My head hurts!"

"Irene you're being annoying."

Once again the girls complained but Irene was used to it by now. After a few minutes of complaints and even a small fight, the girls left the practice room.


(...)


"My brain is on five percent battery, so if y'all don't mind, I'm gonna take some time to rest and soak in the bathtub," Joy announced once they entered the dorm.

"I need to take a shower. You better be quick." Yeri threatened her with her small eyes.

"What part from 'I'm gonna take some time' didn't you understand," Joy clapped back.

"Girls it's too late for this, please stop. Yeri you can shower in my room," Irene pinched the bridge of her nose. The fact that these girls were ready to pass out because of tiredness but still had enough energy to fight was unbelievable. Yeri stuck her tongue out and mocked Joy, earning a slap on the shoulder.

"I'm going to sleep," Seulgi announced and fell on the couch, snoring seconds later.

"Should we go to bed too?" Irene saw Wendy nod.

Only when all the girls had settled in their beds, Irene felt free to go to sleep next to her already sleeping girlfriend. She changed into her pyjamas and joined the younger girl in bed after turning the lights off. She reverently rubbed her fingers along the silken mattress. She pressed her cheek to the cool, velvet pillows. The comforter was thick and irresistibly soft, like a billowing cloud. She toppled into it, relieved to rest her weary feet. The young leader wanted nothing more than to lay down and be enveloped by the warmth of silence.

"Irene!"

Irene jolted at the sound of Wendy's voice, her heart skipped a beat, "Oh my god, Wendy, I thought you were sleeping," she placed a hand on her beating heart. The leader was very sensitive to loud sounds, and got surprised very easily, just like a bunny.

Wendy quickly turned around to face her, "When butterflies fall in love, do they feel humans in their stomach?"

Irenr rubbed her brow to ward off the upcoming headache, "Wendy it's three in the morning, please go back to sleep, you're tired."

"No, I'm not."

"Go to sleep, I'm tired."

Wendy pouted and usually Irene would kiss her pouts away, but this time she stopped herself from doing so.

"Sleep. Now."

"Jeez, okay mum," Wendy turned around, leaving the leader alone in silence once again. She could finally get some sleep-

"Irene..."

"Wendy, I swear-"

"It's serious this time!"

With a long sigh, Irene turned the light on the bedside table on and sat on the bed, "If it's not serious, you're sleeping on the couch."

"But Seulgi fell asleep there-"

"Seungwan."

When Irene called Wendy by her real name she was dead serious.

"Okay, okay! It's just..." Wendy sat next to her, "Who closes the door when the bus driver gets off?"

Irene closed her eyes. She didn't respond. Biting her bottom lip in order to contain herself from losing it, she turned around, turned the light off and lay down, back facing her girlfriend.

"But it was a serious question..." she heard Wendy mumble. Irene didn't reply and thankfully Wendy took the message and went back to sleep.

That was what Irene's every day life looked like; crazy maknaes fighting all day, a sleepy bear always wanting food and a silly girlfriend asking the stupidest things in the world. Irene loved it.


(...)


Irene awoke to soft sheets, and the morning light trickled in through the blinds. Shedding herself of the remaining glimpses of a dream, her eyes were still shut as she soaked in the warmth of the covers, but it wasn't warm enough and that's when she realised Wendy wasn't next to her anymore. It was pretty weird because Irene always woke up before her. Slowly and reluctantly, she uncovered her face. She blinked, closed her eyes, and blinked again. Streaks of sunlight penetrated the window and blinded her. She sat up, dragged her feet off the bed, and rubbed her knuckles onto her eyes. She stretched her arms above her head and yawned.

Giggles, snickers and even small screams came from the living room and Irene had to go check what was going on before anything too crazy happened.

She opened the door and heard a loud bark. Pure terror surged through her veins, icy daggers straight to the heart. Right in front of her was standing a dog. Irene somehow screamed with her whole body. The eyes wide with horror, the mouth rigid and open, the fists clenched with blanched knuckles and the nails digging deeply into the palms of her hand. Boy, what a scream that was. It was the loudest most piercing scream the girls had heard from their leader.

Irene slammed the door with a loud bang and held on it, as if the dog was going to kick it open. Eyes widened, breaths ragged and harsh, her hands trembled. If fear was an animal it would definitely be a dog for Irene.

Suddenly Joy came knocking on the door, "Drama queen!"

Irene clenched her fists, "Why is that thing in my living room."

"It's a dog!"

"I asked why!"

"Her name is Haetnim!"

"Joy-"

"I can't hear you unnie, you have to come out!"

"There's no way I'm coming out-"

Before Irene could finish Joy slammed the door open with the dog in her hands, "Look at her!"

"Joy! Take it away from me! Who brought this here!" Irene cried like a five year old.

"First of all, it's a she, second of all, I brought her here. I adopted her!" Joy smiled and the little dog let another happy bark.

Irene jumped at the sound, and ran into the living room (avoiding Joy with ninja moves) and fell

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter