Ten.

Mission: Impossible
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Irene had a date today with none other than Wendy. She was very excited. They hadn't been on a proper date in a very long time.

She was in her room getting ready. Nothing too special, just a pair of jeans, a black shirt, and some make-up. They weren't going anywhere too fancy after all. Wendy wanted to take her to the movies.

While she was getting ready, the door opened, "Um, unnie, can I talk to you?" Joy silently entered the room. Irene looked at the small clock on her bedside table, to make sure she had enough time before the date.

"Sure, what is it?"

Joy looked hesitant, "Can we talk in my room?"

Irene looked around out of reflex. No one else was in the room, it was just the two of them. She gave Joy a confused look.

Joy seemed to notice Irene's confusion, "Just in case," she explained. Irene didn't question it any further and followed Joy in her room. They both sat on Joy's king sized bed - funny how Joy had always had a big bed, while Wendy and Irene just recently bought one - after Joy closed the door.

"Okay, so," Joy started. She looked pretty nervous and uncomfortable and Irene wondered why. A muscle twitched involuntarily at the corner of Joy's right eye, formed a rigid grimace. With hands clasped tightly in front of her stomach she constantly fiddled with her knuckles, weaving her fingers in and out of each other. She tapped her foot furiously and all the while stared out of the double-glazed window. Irene placed a hand on Joy's pair, stopping her from fidgeting. The younger one silently thanked her, unable to keep eye contact for more than two seconds.

"Is something wrong?" the leader encouraged Joy to talk.

"No, it's just," she sighed, "I'm sorry, this is going to be very awkward. Ugh, nevermind, I'm gonna get straight to the point,"

Irene frowned, "What-"

"Have you had with Wendy unnie?"

Irene never knew choking on plain air was a thing, but apparently it was. She bent over as sharply as if she'd been punched in the stomach, and fell into a coughing fit.

"Excuse me?" Irene stood up and fanned herself with a hand, "Joy what the hell!"

"I mean, it's more of a rhetorical question because we all know you have,"

"What-"

"We have eyes, you know. And ears."

Irene gasped, "Sooyoung!" she could feel the heat growing in her cheeks. By now they were beyond an attractive rosiness.

Joy was lying. Irene and Wendy would never, ever, not in a million years, do such inappropriate things while the other members were in the dorm. It was something they kept for themselves and themselves only.

"Is this what you wanted to ask me? Because if that's it, I'm-"

"No! Wait!" Joy pulled the older one back on the bed, "That's not why I brought you here," she said in a much smaller voice.

"What is it then?" Irene asked slightly annoyed and embarrassed.

Joy took a deep breath, "Listen," she started surprisingly serious this time. Irene listened carefully, forgetting about the previous conversation.

"You know that Seulgi and I are together, right?" Joy asked even though everyone in the dorm knew.

"I was the first one to find out about you two," Irene smirked at the memory of getting the two girls caught kissing. She would never forget their shocked faces.

"That's true," Joy smiled, "I wanted to ask you for some advice since you've been with Wendy unnie for so long."

"Why me?"

"Because you're the oldest one here and there's no way I'm asking Wendy unnie for relationship advice. She's the greasiest person on earth," they shared a giggle at that.

"You can ask me anything you want," Irene gave her a small smile.

"Anything?"

"Anything."

"Well," the younger one cleared , "This is going to be very awkward but," she finally locked eyes with Irene, "I love Seulgi so much and I really want to take our relationship to the next level, if you know what I mean."

Irene nodded, trying her best to keep a straight face for Joy's sake. She was full aware of the meaning behind Joy's words.

After seeing the older one nod, Joy continued, "But I don't know how to do it. I don't know when's the right time to do it," Joy finished shyly and patiently waited for the leader's response.

Irene had known Joy for so many years but that was the first time she saw the young girl so insecure and vulnerable. She gave her a sweet smile and scooted closer to her.

She really felt like a mum sometimes and she was proud their fans called her that. The mother's love she had for her members was the ordinary kind. It was no more than any mother she knew and respect. It was the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter