Five.

Mission: Impossible
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

"Do you really have to do this?"

Wendy and Seulgi were getting ready to leave for a late night photo shoot for a magazine. Irene was very concerned because they had never gotten a night shoot before. The 94' liners told her to not worry.

"I told you, we're going to be fine, unnie,"

"Yeah, it's just a photo shoot, we'll be back in less than two hours," they explained to the leader. Irene wasn't satisfied with their answers but she couldn't keep them in the dorm forever. "Alright then," she sighed, "Have fun."

"Thank you, unnie," Seulgi hugged the leader after putting her coat on. Wendy gave her a small hug too and the girls grabbed their bags, ready to leave. "Forgetting something?" Irene grabbed Wendy's hand before she could leave. "Oh, right," Wendy said and gave the leader a soft kiss on the lips. Irene smiled, "I meant your earpods but thank you," she giggled and handed Wendy the earpods. "Oh, thank you," Wendy grinned, "Goodbye,"

"Bye bye," Irene said softly.

"Hey, where's Yeri?" Joy came from her room once the girls left. "She's sleeping at Saeron's house tonight," Irene answered. "Again?" Joy asked and sat on the couch. Irene did the same, "Yeah, they seem like they're really good friends,"

"Interesting," Joy laughed. All of them knew there was something going on between the maknae and her best friend, Saeron.

The two girls sat in the living room in silence for a few minutes, watching a weird TV show. "I'm bored," Joy said gaining Irene's attention. "What do you want to do?" Irene turned the TV off and waited for the girl's response. She immediately regretted asking once she saw the look in Joy's eyes. Her eyes shone with playfulness and Irene wondered what was on her naughty mind.

"Let's drink," Joy smirked. Irene closed her eyes. She knew it. If Irene was the mother of Red Velvet then Joy was definetly the naughtiest child in the family.

"No." Irene simply answered.

"Unnie," Joy wouldn't give up so easily, "It'll be fun. After all we haven't drunk since August or something. It's been almost five months!" she explained. Irene rolled her eyes, "That doesn't mean we have to drink,"

"It does."

"We don't even have anything to drink, and I'm not willing to go out this late at night to buy alcohol."

Joy laughed - an evil laugh - and ran into the kicthen. Seconds later she returned with many cans of beer and two glasses in her hands, "Surprise."

"Are you crazy? When did you get these?" Irene's eyes widened. "It doesn't matter," Joy waved a lazy hand, "Now quit being a loser and come drink with me," she patted the spot next to her on the couch. Irene was tempted - too tempted to do this, but then again the leader of the group shouldn't act like that. But it had been so long since she last felt alcohol run through her system...

One beer wouldn't hurt, right?

"Give me that," Irene snatched the can out of Joy's hand, ignoring her annoying smirk. "Good unnie," Joy laughed, "You're learning," she added. Irene opened the can, careful not to ruin her perfectly manicured nails and poured the liquid in the glass, "I don't have anything to learn from you," she said glaring at the younger one. "Sure," Joy chugged the first can fast on an empty stomach to get the whole process going, then sipped at the second.

"Sooyoung! Take it easy," Irene warned her. She didn't want a drunk Joy in the dorm. Actually, she didn't want a drunk Joy anywhere. "Yeah, yeah. Now drink," Joy pushed the glass in Irene's hand toward her lips. Irene started having second thoughts about this.

She swirled the beer in her glass. Already the worries of her day were beginning to fade, even before the first taste. Just watching its gentle vortex was hypnotizing enough. When the liquid settled she brought it to her lips and let the fluid sit in a while before swallowing. She closed her eyes, dwelling only on the flavour. God it was good.

Alcohol was addicting, Irene realised a few minutes later. Joy had already drunk more than five cans, or was it six - Irene lost count. As for herself... She couldn't remember.

"Tiffany unnie texted you," Joy said as she opened her phone. Irene laughed for no reason at all, "What did she say?"

"She asked what you're doing at the moment," Joy showed her the text message. Irene laughed again, "Tell her we're robbing a bank," Joy laughed with her, "Alright," she opened the voice recorder and said, "Sorry unnie, she can't talk right now, we're robbing a bank,"

"This is hilarious!" Irene fell on her back, "Give me the phone," she said as she scooted closer to the girl. Tifanny had already replied with a concerned, "What?!" Irene opened the camera, "Don't worry, unnie. If we get caught we'll pretend we're drunk!" Irene recorded herself and sent the video to their sunbae. The two girls laughed in unison. They drunk in silence after that and so the night dragged on. Few words exchanged between them. And the words that were spoken were slurred and senseless.

Irene stood up and felt the earth rocking beneath her and her mind drifting in and out like the tide. Though her vision wavered, she could still see Joy in front of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter