Sixteen.

Mission: Impossible
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

"Seulgi, I'm going to propose to Irene."

"What?!"

"Be quiet!" Wendy had dragged the dancer in her room, right when Irene went into the shower. It had been already three weeks since the 'Dispatch' incident, and the couple had yet to appear in public together. They had only left the dorm for solo schedules but that didn't stop the fansites and the reporters from following them around and asking them countless of questions. Of course, they had answered none of them.

So, after all those days, Wendy decided she'd had enough. She would give the journalists and the fans what they wanted; she would reveal their relationship officially. But what was the best way to do that? After a lot of thought, Wendy decided that the best way to show their relationship to the world was a marriage proposal.

Don't get her wrong, she wasn't doing this because she felt pressured by the world. She was doing this because she loved Irene and wanted to be with her forever. She had thought about marriage before but never knew when would be the right time to propose. And right now felt like the perfect time to do it. They had been together for seven freaking years, it was about time after all! Their late night conversation a few days ago made Wendy even more willing to propose than she was before. Also, hearing that Irene wanted to go that far with her made her heart flutter. That night she knew, it was time to get married to this woman.

Wendy chose Seulgi to help her not only because she had no other option but also because she was her best friend. Yeri couldn't keep shut. If Wendy chose Yeri, soon Saeron would know and then Naeyeon and then Lisa and the list went on. So, Yeri was out of option. Joy was just like Yeri but sneakier. She would tell everyone and then pretend she didn't. The only member left was Seulgi and Wendy didn't mind at all because the girl was very trustworthy and too innocent to reveal such a secret. She was like a kid. It was almost as though she was both her adult self and childish self simultaneously. She still seemed to retain the innocence and on occasion the emotions of her childish self, a young girl with outstanding deductive and analytical powers yet still, at heart, a child.

"Are you serious? This is big, Wendy!" Seulgi stared wide-eyed.

Wendy smiled, "I know!" she squealed in excitement.

"This is so sudden, though, what made you do this?" the dancer asked. Wendy thought about it for a second. Why was she doing this? The answer was none other than, "Because I love Joohyun more than anything in the world and I want to spend the rest of my life with her."

Seulgi raised her eyebrows at her answer, "Are you sure about this? This is going to be a big step in your relationship. Probably the biggest step you'll ever take!" Seulgi's words lingered not more than a second in Wendy's brain. She was ready.

"I've never been so sure about anything in my whole life," Wendy replied with no hesitation and Seulgi smiled, "Am I the only one who knows about this?"

"Yeah," Wendy rolled her eyes at her best friend.

"Yes!" Seulgi threw a fist in the air. The main vocalist laughed, "Listen, this is very important to me and I need your help," she explained. Seulgi nodded, "Alright, what's the plan?"

"The plan?"

"Yeah, the plan."

"There's no plan."

"What?" Seulgi raised her eyebrows, "Then how are you going to do this?" Wendy gasped, realisation hitting her, "I don't know!" she ran a hand through her hair, while Seulgi sat comfortably on the bed. "Woah, calm down-"

"I can't! I have no idea how to do this!" she panicked. Seulgi laughed at her, making the main vocalist stop and glare at her, "It's not funny, Seul."

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry," Seulgi giggled a little more and patted the spot next to her on the bed. Wendy accepted the offer and settled down next to her. "Let's see what Google knows about proposals," the dancer suggested and unlocked her iPhone. Wendy watched as she typed 'How to propose?'

"I'm going to skip the first part," Seulgi said when she saw the first step; 'Step one. Ensure that she's the one.' Wendy smiled. Indeed, they didn't have to worry about this step.

"Step two," Seulgi read, "Consider asking her parents permission," Wendy raised her eyebrows. They didn't have to worry about this step either. She had met her parents years ago and they supported their relationship more than anything. Wendy was thankful. "We can skip this step too,"

"Alright," Seulgi scrolled down, "Step three. Decide when to propose," Wendy frowned at this. Now that was a hard step. When should she propose? She knew she wanted to do it one of these days, but when exactly? Seulgi noticed her hesitation and moved on to the next step, "Step four. Decide where you will propose."

Where? That was even more difficult. Was the dorm romantic enough? A restaurant? Maybe on stage? Thinking about it, it would be a nice idea to propose in a public place. She wanted everyone to know that Irene was hers and hers only. She wanted people to see, she wanted to show everyone how much she loved that woman. Of course, Wendy would never take advantage of a public setting to pressure her response. After all, she was confident about Irene's answer. But that didn't make her any less nervous.

"I'll think about this later. Next step?" Wendy knew she should think about the previous steps more seriously first but wanted to see what else this site had to offer.

"Step five. Consider how you will propose."

How? Should she

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter