Six.

Mission: Impossible
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Irene woke up but she wished she hadn't. She squinted, dry mouth sticky with thick saliva and moaned before retreating under the duvet. Her brain felt like it would swell beyond the capacity of her skull and now her dehydration was too obvious to ignore. From the pounding head, vomit taste in and dehydrated feeling she figured she must have been drinking heavily last night. felt like sandpaper. It hurt to move. Her stomach lurched and gurgled.

Perhaps some painkillers would help. She raised her heavy eyelids half way only for them to fall shut. She raised them again and swung her bare feet to the carpet. Next to her, on the bedside table she noticed a glass of water and a few pills Irene identified as painkillers. She wondered who put them there. Without a second thought she swallowed them along with the cold water in the glass. The thirst stayed after each slow sip of water and her head felt fit to crack open.

Once on her feet the room swayed almost causing her to loose balance and she reached out for the wall. Her hand slipped along the high sheen paint and she sprawled onto the carpet with a crashing thump. The room swirled before becoming stationary again and she used the bedstead to pull herself to standing. All these meant she'd had some fun the night before but somehow it wasn't there in her memory.

The aching in her skull ebbed and flowed like a cold tide, yet the pain was always there. That moment, Wendy came running into the room, "What was that sound?"

"I fell," Irene could only whisper because of her burning throat.

"What?" Wendy ran in front of her, "Are you okay?" she cupped her cheeks. Irene responded with a nod. "Did you drink the pills?" Irene nodded again. "Good."

"What happened last night?" Irene croaked. Wendy looked surprised, "You don't remember?" Irene shook her head.

The younger one frowned, "Come with me," she said and took the girl to the living room were Seulgi and Joy sat, making the older one sit too. Joy looked exhausted, her hair a mess and her eyes red. Irene wondered why.

Seulgi stood next to Wendy, "Irene doesn't remember either," Wendy told her. Seulgi nodded, in a thin line.

"So," Wendy started gaining the attention of the two girls on the couch, "Last night you two got drunk," she explained quickly, as if she didn't want to talk about it. Irene could tell she was drunk last night because of the morning symptoms, but she felt like she was forgetting something.

"Is that it?" Joy asked, probably feeling the same way as Irene. Seulgi shook her head, "No, you two almost..." she paused.

"You almost did her last night," Wendy finished for her, looking at Irene. Wendy's eyes looked different.

"Did what?"

"Her," she pointed at Joy. Irene was quick to understand what she meant by that but couldn't help but ask, "What?"

"Wendy, you make it sound like it was all Irene's fault," Seulgi said, "We came last night after our schedule only to see you in Irene's room doing it," she added, pain in her eyes. Indeed, it had been a painful sight.

"No way," Joy couldn't believe it, "Is this a joke or something? Because it isn't funny."

"Do we look like we're joking?" Wendy said. The 94' liners looked way too scary at that moment. "No..." Joy suddenly found the carpet very interesting to look at.

Irene gasped. She remembered. She remembered drinking the first can of beer and then the second and the third... She remembered kissing Joy. "Oh my god," Irene touched her lips, "I remember," she whispered embarrassed, "Ew..."

"Ew? Excuse me?" Joy was offended.

"Joy, we kissed!"

Irene was at a loss of words. It all came back to her mind; Joy kissing her, lifting her and taking her to the bedroom. She felt like crying. Did she just cheat on Wendy?

"Seungwan," she started, taking the girl's hands in hers, "I would never, ever, do something like that if I wasn't drunk. I'm so sorry," Irene wanted to hug her but she looked very angry. After a few seconds Wendy nodded, "I know you wouldn't," she said in a small voice. Irene was so revealed to hear that, that she missed the pain in Wendy's voice. "But why did you do it? Why did you drink so much last night?"

"It was my fault," Joy confessed, "I made her do it. I really felt like drinking last night and I got a little carried away," she sighed.

"It was my fault too. I should have stopped her. I'm not a good leader," Irene let go of Wendy's hands buried her head in hers.

Wendy rubbed her temples, "Can we just pretend it never happened, for now at least? I know you two did nothing but kiss but I really don't know how to deal with this right now. It is too much for me."

Irene and Joy nodded. They had messed up. Joy didn't seem to remember exactly what had happened last night, but Irene wasn't going to forget any time soon. "We won't mention it until you're ready," Irene said to the two girls in front of her.

"Hey, what's going on?" Yeri interrupted them. The maknae returned to the dorm after spending the whole night with her friend, Saeron. The girls fell silent, looking at each other and waiting for someone to respond. Irene was the first one to pluck up courage. "We were about to watch a movie," the leader lied. Yeri didn't have to be part of this mess. The other girls didn't say anything, it was a silent agreement to keep this a sercet.

"Without me?" Yeri kicked her shoes off and hoped on the couch next to Irene, "What are we going to watch?"

"Um, we couldn't decide. Let's just open the TV and see if there's something good to watch." Everyone agreed and settled down on the two couches of the living room.

"It's Joy's kissing scene!" Yeri screeched, once she turned the TV on. After a failed attempt to snatch the remote out of Yeri's hands, Joy rolled her eyes, "Change it," she said- ordered.

"No." Yeri smirked and turned the volume up. The TV showed Joy (known as Tae-hee in the show) and Do-hwan, a famous actor, sharing a kiss which, as Yeri said, was very awkward and funny.

Wendy covered her eyes with a hand, Yeri pointed at the screen and laughed, Irene -the only normal person in the dorm - watched the scene peacefully. Irene could still remember Joy's nervous face before leaving the dorm the day of the kissing scene.

Seulgi on the other hand, stood up without a word and walked into her room. Irene sensed Joy's conce

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter