Two

Until I See You Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Choi Seung Hyun-ssi,

Thank you for spending time with me. I'm happy to meet you. I hope that you'll figure out what you want to do soon. Remember that I will support you no matter what you decide to do. I hope our paths will meet again someday.

Your friend, Sunny

It's been two days since the night Seung Hyun meet Sunny. Seung Hyun was disappointed when he wakes up, and she already left. He saw the note she left for him on the coffee table. She didn't even leave her number or any contact details. He feels like she was just a dream. It was then he decided to go back to Seoul. His manager picks him up, and they took a flight at night back to Seoul.

He knows that Sunny will be back in Incheon by today. And thanks to her social media, he found her. She even posted the sunrise in his hotel room with the caption 'The most unforgettable sunrise. I will always remember you'. Seung Hyun won't let her go back to the Philippines without meeting her again. At times like this, it was difficult for him to trust anyone he just met. But Sunny was different. He wasn't T.O.P of a BIGBANG with her; he's just Choi Seung Hyun, a stranger who wants to escape for a while. So, he decided to set a meeting with her. Looking at her Instagram profile, he found her relative's account that lives in Incheon. His manager is the one to talk to her Aunt. He told his manager to tell his aunt that an interested client wants to work with her. Her aunt already informed her and gave her the address.

Seung Hyun was nervous. They will meet at his home. It's the safest place to meet her without reporters lurking and stalking him. He looks around his living room, checking if everything is in place. Then, he received a message. It was from his manager informing him that Sunny has arrived. Seung Hyun hurriedly went to his room to check his appearance.

Sunny was awed upon seeing her potential client's home. It's very modern. She wasn't sure if it is a home or an art museum. The man who contacted her welcomed her. He said that his client is waiting inside, so she follows him.

The interior of the home is beyond her expectations. It's like an art gallery. She thinks that her client must be an art collector. She smiles. It reminds him of Seung Hyun. She felt guilty by leaving without saying goodbye, but she thought it was better that way. He's Choi Seung Hyun, a celebrity and world-class superstar. He will forget her eventually.

They arrived in the living room. The man asks her to wait for the client, and he left. Sunny looks around and observes the art displayed. Sunny scowls when she noticed that some of these art pieces look familiar, but she can't point out where she saw this. The client hasn't arrived yet, so she took out her phone and checked her Instagram. There was a notification, and it was Seung Hyun. He liked her post about the sunrise just three minutes ago. She smiles. He still remembers her.

"Hi, Sunny."

Sunny looks around and saw Seung Hyun standing there. She blinks a few times, but the reality sinks in. It is Choi Seung Hyun. He smiles at her, and she smiles back.

"Seung Hyun-ssi," she said.

He walks toward her and stops an arm away from her. He dressed up well. He's wearing an emerald green comfy-looking polo shirt, black pants, and leather black shoes. She can also smell his perfume, which is nice. He looked more relaxed now. Maybe because he's at home and no need to hide under his hoodie and mask, but she still can't believe it. She met him again.

"What are you doing here?" she asks while looking at him. Seung Hyun is happy to see her. And she looks different from the woman she met in Busan. From her maroon sweaters, denim pants, and running shoes carrying a gray backpack to a white blouse, cream coat and slacks, and high heels while carrying an old rose handbag. She looks professional. But either way, as far as he remembers, she looks graceful and elegant.

"I'm your client," he said casually. She looks at him quizzically. He is her client? She was in deep thought, and then she looks around again. The art pieces, the man who welcomed him. Then it hits her.

"This is your home? That was your manager?" she asks him. Seung Hyun just nodded.

Sunny shook her head. "Wow."

He chuckles because of her facial expression. She looks dumbstruck because of what she realized. Then she looks back at him. "So, are you my client, or you're just playing with me for leaving you that morning?"

Seung Hyun smirks. "I am your client. Remember the chair I want you to sell to me exclusively?"

"Oh. That," she said, and she sounds disappointed. She is, but just a little bit. "Well, I will do its finished design first and send it to you for confirmation. Do you have any preferred color or any additional request for it?" she said as she takes out her phone to take down some notes.

"As long as you sold me that chair, I'm all for it. I trust your capability in designing it." he paused. "And besides, this is my only excuse to meet you again."

Sunny feels like her heart skipped a beat, but she did her best to stay cool about it. "Why?" she asks.

"Well, I was hoping to have at least a breakfast with you, but you already left. Why did you do that?" he asks.

'.' Sunny thought. She puts back her phone in her bag. "Well, I told you that I would leave after sunrise. You fell asleep, so I didn't bother you. You were awake the whole night." she explained and tried her best that she wouldn't sound nervous. Seung Hyun just nodded.

"And besides, it's not like you'll remember me after that," she said with a sad smile. Seung Hyun understands why she said that. They are two different people base on their status.

"I thought we were friends." Seung Hyun mutters sadly. Sunny suddenly regret what she said. She looks at him, and her heart sank when he looks sad all of a sudden. "We are! Yes. We're friends." she laughs awkwardly and smacks his arm lightly. She doesn't understand, but she's nervous.

He smiles again. "I'm just kidding. Relax." He chuckles. Sunny shook her head and giggles. Then, they stare at each other for a while. It feels like the time stop at that moment. The sun is still shining brightly outside, and they can both see each other. Sunny was the one who looks away and looks around the room. "You have a nice home. It's very modern and energy-efficient. The lighting is good. But it's, clearly, a bachelor's home." she said.

"Why?" he asks.

"Aside from the fact that it is somehow an art gallery, there are many sharp corners in this home, and the height isn't child-friendly. Like the owner has no intention of getting married." she jokingly said while giving him a knowing look. Seung Hyun laughs. "Or I could just make a new home for my future family. You know, I have a new friend who is a promising architect. She can design a family-friendly home for me." he said and winked at her.

Sunny giggles. "But I'm based in the Philippines; it will be hard for me to work here. Plus, working with a celebrity who is an art collector will be hard." she pouts. They both laugh.

"But really, I'm happy you came." Seung Hyun sincerely said. She just nodded.

"Let me tour you around my home. Shall we?" he asks while pointing his hand at an entry in a hallway. She grins at him. Seung Hyun leads the way, and she follows him.

Seung Hyun shows him the arts he had. From painting to sculptures, he explains everything to her like a curator he is. Sunny can see that he have eyes for good arts. All are kept in a good place that emphasizes the art's beauty. Then, they went to a room where his chair collection is placed. She was amazed by the designs of the chairs in that room.

"Wow! These are gorgeous," she said as she looks around. There are a variety of chairs in there. All are stylish and elegant-looking. "All of these are bought overseas?" she asks Seung Hyun.

"Yes. But there is some piece that Korean made that I had since I was a teenager," he said. He can see that she's fascinated by what she is seeing. She was about to touch one, but she pulls her hand back and looks at him. "I'm sorry." she looks apologetic.

"It's fine. You can touch it. I'll allow you as long you touch it carefully."

She smiles. "I just want to check the upholstery of it. I'll be careful." She said while raising her right hand like promising him. He just nodded. She crouches down and gently touched the chair in front of her. She checks the texture of the upholstery fabric and the softness of the chair. "Is this made in Italy?" she asks.

Seung Hyun was surprised. "How did you know?"

"The woodwork is familiar with what I saw in Italy. My father and I went there 2 years ago for research," she said and stood back up. She continues to look around, and Seung Hyun was behind him.

Then, Sunny saw a white chair. It has white upholstery with dark wood elements. She finds the chair elegantly beautiful. Seung Hyun noticed that she was staring at it.

"It's beautiful. It looks like it's the queen among them all," she murmurs.

"Queen? Why?" Seung Hyun asks amusingly. She smiles while staring at it. "Because it's beautiful even it has a simple design. The stitches are precise and well-hidden, and the quality is top class. It's like a seat made for a modern-day queen." she said. Then she looks at him. "You're not just a celebrity but a person with eyes for arts."

"Thanks." he timidly said. Sunny continues to look around while he's behind her. He can tell that Sunny has eyes for good art too. And her family is indeed in the furniture business because she can tell immediately what's on the thing by just looking.

After a while, Seung Hyun asks her to go back to the living area and wait until their dinner is ready. Sunny agreed. As they talked in the living area about Sunny's upcoming project in the Philippines, Seung Hyun heard someone unlocked the main door. He scowls. He reminded his manager not to bother him and Sunny.

On the entryway from the main door comes Seungri, carrying a bottle of wine. He looks surprised upon seeing Seung Hyun with a woman, which made him stand still on where he's standing.

Sunny noticed that Seung Hyun wasn't listening to him and was staring at the entryway. When she looks at where he is looking, she saw Seungri standing there. She was surprised to see him. To be completely honest, Sunny watched his last concert in Manila with her former best friend, a big fan of BIGBANG and a Seungri stan. The concert was amazing, and she enjoyed it very much.

Seung Hyun stood up and approached Seungri. "What are you doing here?" he asks Seungri.

"Hyung, you forgot? I told you I would bring you the 1987 wine I have today so we can enjoy it while we hang out." Seungri said. Seung Hyun wants to smack his head. Yes, he forgot. Seungri told him that he would bring him that wine over the dinner they had two days after military discharge.

"I'm sorry. I did forget." Seung Hyun apologized.

"It's fine, Hyung. I can just leave it here and drink it with you next time. You have a guest." Seungri looks back at Sunny, looking at the art behind her, looking away from them.

"She's a new friend. I'll introduce you." Seung Hyun said and placed his arm on Seungri's shoulder. Seungri stops him. "Hyung, is she...?"

"Don't worry. You can trust her. She's a good friend." Seung Hyun assures him before they walk towards Sunny. They stop a few steps away from her.

"Sunny-yah," Seung Hyun calls her. Sunny looked at them and stood up. She smiles.

"Sunny-yah, you know Seungri, right? Seungri-yah, this is Sunny. My new friend." Seung Hyun said.

Sunny bows. "Hi. I'm Woo Sun Hee. You can call me Sunny."

Seung Hyun took the wine from Seungri and Seungri bows back to her. "Hi, I'm Lee Seung Hyun."

Seung Hyun butts in. "Just call him Seungri so it won't be confusing." Sunny nodded. Then she looks back at Seungri, who looks uncomfortable with the situation, so she tries to lighten up the mood. "I watched your concert in Manila last January. The concert is fun, and I love the fact that you sang a Filipino song. Your pronunciation was on point."

Seungri nodded and smiled timidly. "Yes. Thank you." he paused. "I'm sorry, but can you not tell anyone that I'm here with Hyung? Like anyone. Not your family, friends, or whatsoever. I don't want to give hyung problems."

"Yah." Seung Hyun warns Seungri. Seungri keeps a straight face.

Sunny nodded. "I understand. But so that you know, I am here as Choi Seung Hyun's friend. Seung Hyun, who I meet in Busan when he's escaping his reality. And as far as I know, I never met Seungri of BIGBANG here. Just Lee Seung Hyun, Choi Seung Hyun's dear friend." she said.

"See? You can trust her." Seung Hyun happily said to Seungri and smacked his back lightly. "By the way, we're having dinner. Join us." Seung Hyun asks Seungri.

"No, hyung. You have a guest. I will leave now."

"You don't need to leave. I'll go instead. I need to arrange some stuff before my flight tomorrow back in the Philippines." Sunny said as she picks up her bag. Seung Hyun suddenly panics inside.

"No, you two stay. I prepared plenty for three people." he insists. Then, he looks at Sunny. "Please stay. You're leaving tomorrow. Let's have dinner. It's my treat for buying me that stuff on the convenience store." Then he looks at Seungri. "Have dinner with us. You're always at home and haven't had dinner with other people than your family and some close, trusted friends. Trust me with this, okay?"

Seungri sighs and just nods. Sunny understands why Seungri is hesitant and doesn't trust her presence. She decided to remain neutral and don't speak unless she was asked a question.

Seungri looks at Sunny. She seems nice, but he worries, not just for him but for his hyung. He's scared that his hyung trusts someone again like this and something bad will happen like before.

"Do you like vintage wine?" Seungri asks her. She nodded. "Yes."

Seung Hyun grins. "Great, we'll have dinner together. Sunny, please sit. Seungri and I are just going to the kitchen to check the meal. We'll be back immediately." Seung Hyun said before he looks at Seungri, giving him a 'follow me' look. Sunny sits back down as Seung Hyun and Seungri left.

Seung Hyun and Seungri didn't go to his kitchen but just outside.

"Hyung, who was that? What's with Busan and a convenience store?" Seungri asks.

Seung Hyun sighs. "I meet her in Busan when I ran away a few days ago."

Seungri was confused. "Runaway? Why?"

"I'm stressed, okay? The new CEO is asking me for a solo comeback or a drama or movie project. I'm not ready for it yet. I still need time to figure things out." Seung Hyun explains.

"But Hyung, you meet a stranger in Busan, now you're letting her roam in your home. What if she's a media person?" Seungri worriedly told him.

"She's an architect and furniture designer based in the Philippines. She's a BIGBANG fan, yes, but she never made me feel like a celebrity. For her, I'm just a new friend she meets in Busan. She's going back to the Philippines tomorrow. I just want to treat her nice meal before she leaves."

Seungri sighs frustratedly. "Hyung, the situation now is like walking on thin ice. You have to be very careful. And I prefer to leave than stay. Just to be safe."

"My home is safe. I already installed security measures around it, and I assure you that no media and come near my place, so you're safe here." Seung Hyun assures his group maknae.

"How about her? Are you sure she won't tell anyone that she had dinner with T.O.P and Seungri?"

"No. You heard her. For her, she just meets a friend's friends. Stop worrying." Seung Hyun pats his shoulder. "You've b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter