One

Until I See You Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's quarter before 10 in the evening. Sunny is still wandering in the streets of Busan. It's not like when she's in Cebu. The ambiance is different, but who cares. It's been 20 years since she steps her foot in South Korea. Her family went to the Philippines to start a new life. Having business-minded parents, they made it big in the Philippines. They own a Korean restaurant managed by her mother and the furniture business that her father runs. She graduated from a good university with a degree in Architecture while her younger brother is currently taking up an engineering course. She doesn't plan to go to South Korea, but when she found out that her boyfriend is having an affair with her best friend, she decided that she needed time alone. Hence, she went to South Korea. She stays with her Aunt in Incheon then she starts her exploration in South Korea. She's now on Busan to visit where her father grew up.

She went inside a convenience store to buy some beer and snacks. She wanted to drink by the beach at that moment. As she wanders inside the store, a man in a dark blue hoodie and black mask enters the store. He's tall with a nice built. He went to the fridge and grabs two cans of beer. He's about to grab some snacks when his phone rings. He looks at the screen and sighs. He answers it.

"Hello." He paused for a while. "I'm fine. I'm safe. I just need time to be alone." he paused. Sunny thought she heard that voice before. "I'll be back soon. Just give me this. I'm so stressed ever since I finished my military duty. I just want time for myself. Don't look for me. I'll be fine." he said and hung up the phone. The man feels that someone is watching him and noticed Sunny. Sunny looks away from him and grabs some bag of chips. She looks around again while the man went to the cashier.

The cashier starts punching the items he bought. He asks the cashier for a pack of cigarettes too. He took out his wallet but remembered he doesn't have cash on hand anymore. If he pays up using his credit card, they will locate him. He sighs. He thought he should withdraw enough money while he's in Seoul before he took off to Busan. Sunny placed her items on the counter, took out her card, and gave it to the cashier. "I'll pay his stuff as well," she said blankly. The man looks at her quizzically. The cashier punches her items before swiping her card. The cashier put their items in separate bags. Sunny took hers and went out of the store. The man was surprised by her gesture, but he doesn't understand why. So, he took his bag and went out to follow the woman who paid for his beer, snack, and cigarette.

Sunny was walking towards the beach when she heard someone calling her.

"Miss, wait!" the man from the convenience store calls. She stops and looks back at him. He's jogging towards her, still on his hoodie and mask. He stops an arm away from her.

"What?" Sunny asks.

The man is clearly panting. "Why did you pay for my items?" he asked.

Sunny looks down at the plastic bag he's carrying. Then she looks up again at him. He pulls the top of his hoodie down. Clearly, he's trying to hide his face.

"I'm in a hurry. And I didn't mean to eavesdrop, but I heard you talking to someone on the phone. You seem running away or something. Using your credit card will make them trace you, aren't they?" she points out.

He nodded. "Thank you. Let me pay you back." he offers. She shook her head. "No need. It wasn't much. I'm glad to help." she paused and smiled. "Let's just say that it's a treat from someone who's running away too."

The man looks at her. Even she's smiling; he can see in her eyes that she's sad. And based on her accent, she's not from Busan. And she sounded a bit foreign.

"Where are you heading?" the man asks suddenly.

She looks at her back. "To the beach. It's a good spot to drink."

"Do you mind if I join you?"

Sunny stares at him. She can clearly see his eyes now. And it's really familiar. And there is something about him that intrigues her. She nodded. "Sure," she said. She starts walking again as the man walks behind her.

When they reach the beach, Sunny choose a spot that far from other people on the beach. She held the plastic bag to the man. "Can you hold this for me for a second?" she asks. The man nodded and took the plastic bag. From her backpack, she took out a huge scarf and used it as a mat. She sat first and asked the man to sit with her. The man gave her the plastic bag first before he sat. They are an arm away from each other. Since they face the sea and the light from the streetlights is behind them, she can't see his face.

They both took out their beer cans and snacks. The man placed the pack of cigarettes on his side. They both open their beer. The man took off his mask, and both have a sip.

"Ahh! So good." Sunny said. The man stares at her. She's really unique.

"You said you're running away too. What are you running away from?" the man asks as he looks at her.

Sunny smiles as she stares at the sea and night sky. "If I tell you, will you tell me yours too?" she asks. The man hesitates. "Okay."

"Well, I have a best friend. I meet her in high school. We're like sisters. She's kind and very supportive of me. Then, I had a boyfriend. He's chaebol visiting Cebu; it's a place I'm living in now. It's in the Philippines. He's investing in a hotel there. I met him when he hired the company I'm working with to plan for his hotel. We start meeting each other, and eventually, we started dating. We've been dating for two years. Then, one day, I saw him kissing my best friend in a club. My best friend admits that they've secretly met each other behind my back for a year." she smirks. "My boyfriend had an affair with her because I was too timid for him. I'm boring for him, unlike her, who's very liberated," she said and laughed weakly. "I broke up with him when we meet to talk. I don't want to give him a chance to justify what he did. He cheated on me for a year, and he did it with the person who I treated as my sister."

"You did the right thing. And, it's not your fault." said the man.

"I agree. It's not my fault that he can't keep his on his pants, and her itches badly for a chaebol like him," she said nonchalantly. The man laughs at what she said. She also chuckles.

"Yah. I can't believe you just said that," he said while still laughing.

She flips her hair. "I know. The effect of Cebu people on me." she smiles. "I'm disappointed at both of them but more on her. We've been friends for 18 years, and she did this. I guess some people value money more than friendship." she sighs and sips her beer.

"It's their loss. Not yours. There is karma on that kind of people." he said.

She nodded. "You're right." she looks at him. "So, how about you? What are you running away from?"

The man sighs. Then he pulls back down the hood from his head. He's wearing a beanie. Then, he looks at her. She stares back at him. Then she realized who he is.

"T.O.P? BIGBANG T.O.P, right?" she whispers.

He smiles and nodded. "Yeah. But just call me Seung Hyun. I'm still adjusting to getting back to being T.O.P again."

Sunny retook a drink and emptied her beer can. "I can't believe this. I'm drinking beer and having a conversation with T.O.P," she said and then looked back again at him. Seung Hyun laughed and took a drink of his beer.

Sunny open another beer. "I'm Woo Sun Hee. But you can call me Sunny." she bows at him. He bows back. "Nice to meet you, Sunny. I'm Choi Seung Hyun," he said.

Sunny took a deep breath to calm herself. Who would have thought that she will meet a celebrity out of nowhere?

"I guess you aren't a fan." Seung Hyun said as he stares at the sea in front of them. She looks at him. "I am," she said.

He stares at her. "You do?" he asks. She nodded. "Well, I guess your not a fanatic one like the others," he shrugs.

"You mean I didn't scream in excitement, or launch myself to you, or faint? Like that?" she said teasingly. Seung Hyun laughs and agrees with her. "Yeah. Fans tend to be like that to us from time to time."

"Well, too bad. Because I know and understand the phrase 'personal space' and 'private life'. Meeting you and having the privilege to buy you a beer, snacks, and a pack of cigarettes is enough for me." she said amusingly. "So, aren't you going to tell me why are you running away?" she asks.

Seung Hyun sighs. "The call I have in the convenience store is from my CEO.," he said. "I just got released from my military duty two weeks ago. The company wants me to get ready for my solo comeback. I didn't want it yet. I want to spend at least a month for myself. I already spend 10 years of my life in Bigbang before my enlistment. I just need a month for myself."

Sunny understands him. He's been a celebrity for too long. And even he was on military duty, some fans still follow and bother him, and he can't do anything about it.

"What did they say?" she asks.

"They want me to return to Seoul as soon as possible so we can talk about what I want and what they want so we can compromise. I told them that I'd be back by next week," he said. Looking at him, she can see that he wasn't happy about it.

"That's a start. They gave you this week to think. It means there are possibilities that they will also give you what you want. But I suggest that you listen to their side too. Honestly, for me, the KPOP industry is not like before ever since BIGBANG went on hiatus." he looks at Seung Hyun. "I hope everything will go with what you want. I look forward to your comeback," she said.

"Thank you." Seung Hyun smiles timidly. "I'm still in the process of going back to celebrity life. I don't know if I will do a solo mini-album or a drama, or both. I just want to relax for a while." he sighs. She placed a hand on his shoulder. He looks at her hand on his shoulder then at her. She smiles at him. "You'll figure it out soon." she patted his shoulder before he removes her hand. "Aigoo... It's summer, but the breeze is cold." she pouted. "I would love some army stew or kimchi stew right now." she sighs and drinks some beer.

"Let's have one." Seung Hyun said out of nowhere. Sunny glances at him with a smile. "At this time? People might notice you."

"It's fine. There are lots of restaurant here that has a privacy booth. We can eat in one of those. My treat." he said. Sunny laughs. He's adorable while saying it. "You know that they will trace you once you swipe your card, right?"

"I'll message my manager in advance. He'll understand," he assures her.

Sunny tucked some strands of her hair behind her ear. "Well, I will not miss this opportunity to have a meal with you." she smiles. "Mask on." she points at his mask. Seung Hyun took it and put it back on. He also put back his hood up. They both stood up. Seung Hyun took his cigarette and their plastic bags with snacks on. Sunny picks up her scarf and removes the sands before folding it neatly and putting it back in her bag.

They walk back on the main road to look for a restaurant where they can eat. As they wander, Sunny told Seung Hyun about her life in Cebu. He listens as she tells him about her high school years. They found a restaurant that has a private room. They ordered army stew, some sashimi, bulgogi, rice, and some side dishes. Sunny requests some makgeolli for drinks.

Seung Hyun talks to her about his hope for BIGBANG's comeback by next year. Sunny hopes that it will happen too.

The ajumma serves the makgeolli, side dishes, and rice first. Then, she noticed that the man is completely covered.

"Mister, aren't you too warm on your outfit?" The old lady asks.

"I'm fine," Seung Hyun answers timidly. Sunny noticed that he looks awkward, so she helps him. "Ajumma, he needs to be covered all the time. He just got out of the hospital. He needs to prevent himself from getting sick again. He has a low immune system." she said.

The old lady nodded. "I see. So, that's all the cover for." then the old lady smiles. "Aigoo... You should take some red ginseng drink for immunity. Luckily for you, your girlfriend is taking good care of you."

Before they can protest, the old lady left the room. They look at each other and laughs. The army stew, sashimi, and bulgogi come next. When the old lady closes the door, Seung Hyun removed his mask, beanie, and jacket. Sunny is amazed that he dress up well underneath that shabby jacket.

"Thank you for the meal," Sunny said as she tries the sashimi first. Seung Hyun had the army stew first.

"Hmm... This is good." Seung Hyun said. Sunny agrees.

"So, when did you arrive here in Korea?" Seung Hyun asks.

"I've been here for ten days now. I stayed with my Aunt in Incheon. I've been wandering the place for a week now. And it's been amazing so far." she said.

"When are you going bac

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter