Eight

Until I See You Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seung Hyun goes out of the recording booth. He sat down on the sofa as he waits for the editor to arrange the song. Ji Yong is sitting beside the editor. "We just need to record the adlibs. Then we're done." Ji Yong said as he looks at the clock. It's 8 in the morning already. He yawns. He looks at Seung Hyun. He's sulking.

"What's wrong, Hyung?" Ji Yong asks. Seung Hyun looks at Ji Yong. "What date is today?"

"September 29," Ji Yong said. Seung Hyun huffs frustratedly. "Still not October."

Ji Yong chuckles. Seung Hyun is sulky because Sunny is arriving in Seoul in October. Due to the flight changes, Sunny rescheduled her flight to the first week of October. Seung Hyun misses his girlfriend badly, that he has an urge to flee to Cebu to be with her.

"Yah. It's just a week away. Stop sulking," Ji Yong said.

"You're saying that because your wife lives with you," Seung Hyun accuses him. Ji Yong smirks. "Of course, she lives with me. That's what a married couple does."

Seung Hyun smirks. "Idiot."

"Have you heard? Eun Ran Noona asks Sunny to bring her mangoes from the Philippines. Young Bae bought her mango from the grocery, and she got mad at him. She insists on mangoes from the Philippines. Dara said Sunny ordered two crates of mangoes for her and have it delivered in Seoul fast," Ji Yong shook his head. "Eun Ran Noona cries when she saw the mangoes. Young Bae said he has to comfort her while eating mangoes."

"They should treat them a good meal for those mangoes."

"I think he will." Ji Yong said.

Seung Hyun looks at his phone. He opens his Line app and checks Sunny's last chat with him. She sends him a selfie while she's on her way to work.

"Are you going home after this?" Ji Yong asks.

"Yes," he answers immediately. "I want to sleep."

"I see. I was about to ask you to join me for lunch, but I see that you're tired." Ji Yong said as he signals the editor to play the arranged song. They listen to it while Seung Hyun sends a message to Sunny that he's about to finish the recording and he's sleepy. Sunny replies back, telling him to go home and sleep after his work.

Two hours later, Seung Hyun bid goodbye to Ji Yong and went to his van. While on his way home. He was sleeping. He was exhausted. When he arrived home, he immediately went to his room and changed his clothes to his comfortable blue pajamas. He sends a message to Sunny that he's going to sleep before he slumbers to his bed.

---

Seung Hyun felt someone is caressing his hair. He squints and tries to see who's sitting on the edge of his bed and touching him. When he saw the person's face, he scowls. Is he dreaming? He rubs his eyes and looks at the person again.

"Good sleep?" Sunny asks. 'Sunny,' he thought. Seung Hyun rises and scoots closer to her.

"Am I dreaming?" he asks her. Sunny chuckles. She then cups his jaw and kisses his cheek. Seung Hyun closes his eyes. Seung Hyun wraps his arms around her waist and pulls her closer to him. Then, Sunny leans back to look at him. He opens his eyes and stares back at her.

"Still dreaming?" she asks. He shook his head and pouted at her. Sunny smiles lovingly at him before she embraces him.

"I miss you, baby," she whispers.

"I miss you, too," Seung Hyun said and kissed her temple. Seung Hyun let go of her and look at her face. He tucked some of her hair behind her ear.

"I thought you're arriving next week? When did you arrive?" he asks.

"This morning," she said coyly. Seung Hyun scowls at her. "This morning? But you sent me a picture saying you're on your way to work." Seung Hyun points out.

"I was on my way to work in that picture, but I took that days ago. When I send that message to you, I'm already in Incheon." she giggles.

"Yah... Why did you do that?" Seung Hyun asks her.

"I want to surprise you," she said as she holds his hand. "You don't look surprised, though."

"Because I thought I was dreaming." he points out. Sunny smiles and just nodded. "I prepare some food for you. Ji Yong Oppa said you didn't join him for lunch." she let go of him and stood up. She picks up a breakfast tray table with orange juice, waffles, and a bowl of fruits. She placed it on his lap.

"Ji Yong knew?" he asks. She nodded and sat back down at the edge of his bed. "Everyone knows, except you. I told them not to tell you," she said. Seung Hyun pouts, which makes Sunny giggles.

"Stop sulking. Eat and freshen up. I'll be in the living room and wait for you." Sunny said as she tries to stand up, but Seung Hyun holds her wrist. She stares at him.

"Please stay. Just until I finish this," he said. Sunny smiles at him and caresses his jaw. "Okay." she beams at her. Seung Hyun picks up a waffle and has a bite.

"Do you have any plans today?" Seung Hyun asked.

"Aside from being with you?" she said, and it makes him smile. "I'm meeting Baek Min Jung, Brandon's fiancé," she said.

"Why?" Seung Hyun sips some orange juice. Sunny shrugs. "Just some girly stuff."

Seung Hyun stares at his girlfriend. "Is Brandon coming too?"

"I think he is, but he will just drop Min Jung and leave immediately. He picked me up at the airport." She points out. Seung Hyun raised his eyebrow at Sunny.

"What?"

"I don't like the idea of a man picking you up at the airport," he mutters as he picks up some grapes. Sunny chuckles. "Yah. He's my investor and my brother's friend. Technically, he's like a younger brother to me. If you meet him, you will like him."

"Impossible." Seung Hyun said immediately and smirks.

Sunny shakes her head and stood up, and walks towards the window. She stares at the river outside. Seung Hyun picks up his phone and opens the camera. He directs his camera to Sunny, but it only shows her silhouette since it's against the light. He captured a few shots before setting aside his phone.

Sunny looks back at him. "Are you busy later?" she asks. Seung Hyun thinks of his schedule. "I'm going to meet Ji Yong, Young Bae, and Dae Sung. We'll have a meeting regarding some matters. Why?"

"Will you drop me off at the place where I'll meet Baek Min Jung?" she asks. Seung Hyun shrugs. "Sure, baby." He grabs a waffle and eats. Sunny went back to his bed and went to the other side. She sat down and tried the softness of the bed.

"Nice bed. Cal King?" she asks. Seung Hyun just nodded. Sunny removes her slippers and lies down. "Hmm... You have a nice bed," she mutters and closes her eyes. "No wonder you sleep soundly."

Seung Hyun stares at her while she lies on his bed. He wanted her like that, lying beside him when they would sleep and wake up beside her. He finishes his waffle and drinks orange juice until its last drop. He set the table down and lies down on his side while facing her. Sunny opens her eyes and lies on her side, and faces him.

"When are you staying here with me?" he asks.

"Do you want me to stay?" she asks. He nodded.

"I'll stay with you after the wedding," she mutters. Seung Hyun smiles. "Okay. Come here," he said as he opens his arms for her. She scoots closer to him, and he embraces her.

"Work has been stressful, but you being here gives me solace." Seung Hyun said. Sunny smiles. "I'm glad I make you feel that way."

Seung Hyun sighs. "I suddenly don't want to leave this bed."

Sunny laughs. She pushes Seung Hyun, and she rises. She gets off the bed and looks at him. "I'll wait in the living room. Go freshen up," she said as she leaves his room. Seung Hyun runs his hand on the space where Sunny lays down. He smiles. She'll stay with her after the wedding. He can't wait.

While Seung Hyun is cleaning up, Sunny is in the living room. She's sitting on the sofa while she has her iPad. She's doing her sketches there while she plays some music. She's designing a chair that she wants to give to Seung Hyun on his birthday. It's more special because she will make it herself. As she continues to sketch, the song Seung Hyun wrote that Young Bae sang starts to play. She loves the song. Young Bae promoted it very well, but he always says that the song is composed and arranged by Seung Hyun.

She's listening to the song when Seung Hyun came out. She closes the sketching app she's using and opens her email. Seung Hyun sat beside her. Sunny stops the song and sets her iPad aside. She looks at her boyfriend.

"Have I told you that I love that song?" she said. Seung Hyun shook his head. "I want to sing it for you, but Ji Yong was against it since our concept doesn't fit the song," he said.

Sunny chuckles. "I can't imagine you singing that song the way Young Bae Oppa sings it."

"Yah! We arranged it to fit Young Bae's voice. I wrote the lyrics, and Ji Yong helped me with the melody." Seung Hyun explains.

"Can you sing it for me? I mean your version of that song," she asks. Seung Hyun looks skeptical. Sunny stares at him lovingly as she waits. He's not in the condition to sing, but he did. He sings the chorus of the song as Sunny listens to him. When he finished singing, Sunny clapped her hands and smiling brightly at him. "It's so good," she said. "Do you have a studio version of that?"

"I made a guide song for Young Bae, but it wasn't that good." Seung Hyun said.

"Can I have a copy?" Sunny looks were hopeful.

"No." he firmly said. Sunny sulks and glares at him. "I'll ask Ji Yong Oppa."

"He won't give you. I would kick him if he did. I'll make a better version for you." he promised. Sunny just nodded then she remembers something. "I noticed you have new art pieces."

"Yeah. I just bought them." he shrugs. "Do you want to see the other stuff I bought? It's in the basement, though," he said. She nodded. Seung Hyun stood up and offered his hand to her. She holds on to it, and she stands up. Seung Hyun entwined his fingers to her and led her to the storage of his art collection.

He explained each piece to her as she listens to him. He likes it when she pays attention to what he says, and she likes it when he explains stuff to her. She can see that he's a passionate art collector. Sunny even suggested some storage ideas for his arts, which he likes, and asks her to plan it with him. She agrees.

Around 4 in the afternoon, they are on their way to the restaurant where Sunny will meet Min Jung. Luckily, it's on a street where not too crowded. Seung Hyun accompanies Sunny inside the coffee shop. They went to the second floor where Min Jung is. Min Jung stands up and smiles upon seeing Sunny, but she gaped when she saw Seung Hyun behind her. Brandon also stood up upon seeing Seung Hyun.

"Hi, kids." Sunny casually said. Both Min Jung and Brandon stare at Seung Hyun. Seung Hyun, on the other hand, gives them a slight bow. Sunny noticed it.

"Ohh. Oppa." Sunny holds on to Seung Hyun's arm and pulls him beside her. "This is Baek Min Jung, a client of mine, and Brandon Kim, my investor. Kids, this is Choi Seung Hyun, my boyfriend." Sunny said happily. Seung Hyun looks at Sunny lovingly before he looks back at Min Jung and bows to her. "Hello. I'm Choi Seung Hyun."

"I know." Min Jung said while staring back at him. Brandon was out on his daze and picks a business card in his pocket. He offers it to Seung Hyun. "It's our pleasure to meet you finally. I'm Brandon Kim. Kim Bong Man. But just call me Brandon. I'm friends with Sunny Noona's brother, Joon Hee." Brandon babbles. Seung Hyun took his card and nodded. "I know. Sunny and Joon Hee mentioned you to me." he casually said. Sunny smirks. Brandon looks like he's about to fanboy mode, but he keeps it to himself.

"I'm just dropping Sunny here. I need to go," he told Min Jung and Brandon.

"Wait!" Min Jung said. Seung Hyun looks at her. "The wedding is twelve days away, and I know you're a very busy person, but we will love it if you come to our wedding." Min Jung nervously said. Both Sunny and Seung Hyun look surprised. Brandon chimes in, "Yes. It will be an honor for us if you attend our wedding."

"Yah," Sunny said. "Seung Hyun is busy lately. And your wedding is on Saturday. He's resting during the weekend." Sunny explains.

"I'll go." Seung Hyun said. Min Jung and Brandon look happy while Sunny looks at him strangely. "Seung Hyun-ah."

"They invited me. How can I turn it down? It will be fine. Don't worry." he assures her. Then, he looks at Brandon. "I hope that I won't cause a problem in attending your wedding," he said.

"It's perfectly fine. It's a private event, and I assure you that everything will be okay."

"I'm glad." Seung Hyun said. He looks at Sunny. "I'll go. Call me when your home," he said. Sunny just nodded. He kisses her temple before he bids goodbye to them. When Seung Hyun is out of their views, Sunny looks at Brandon and Min Jung.

"Yah. Why did you invite him?" she asks. "I'm going to sing at your wedding, and now, you invited him?" she scowls at them.

Min Jung and Brandon both sit down, so Sunny sits too. Brandon moves the iced coffee he ordered for her.

"Unnie, I feel like I witnessed a miracle. He's so handsome in person!" Min Jung said.

"If I have half of his aura, I bet Min Jung will lock me up after our marriage. I'm a man, but he's handsome." Brandon said.

"It's just the physical stuff. He's more than that." she huffs. "Ahh... This will be hard. Why you guys even ask me to do this?"

"You sang in front of celebrities at G-Dragon and Dara's wedding. Our guest is just a bunch of business people, friends, and family. Technically, you and T.O.P are the only celebrities there." Brandon points out.

"Aren't you leaving?" Sunny asks him. Brandon beams at her before he stands up. He approaches his fiancé and kisses her cheek. "I'll go ahead before Noona murders me," he said. Min Jung laughs and nods. Brandon left them.

"Unnie." Min Jung calls her. Sunny looks at her. "What?"

"You and Choi Seung Hyun look good together. I can see in your eyes that you adore each other so much." Min Jung told her. Sunny smiles. "I do adore him. If you only see him when I surprised him today. He really can't believe that I'm here. Ji Yong Oppa said that he's working too hard and sleep for 3-4 hours a day. He even has time to check on his arts and do some charity works secretly." she sighs. "If I could only take him away from all of these, even just this weekend."

Min Jung had an idea. "Why not? You said he's free on weekends. Why not go away with him for the weekend. We have a vacation home in Jeju. I can let you stay there." she said.

"In Jeju?" Sunny asks.

Min Jung nodded. "Yes. The place is private. There's a caretaker, but she only visits the house to clean. It's near the sea. Although you'll

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter