Four

Until I See You Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sunny goes out of the arrival area of Jeju Airport. She's in Jeju again. She was annoyed that Joon Hee booked her an early flight, but it is much better than night flights. After all, she was able to see the sunrise up in the air.

Seung Hyun's manager told her that he would pick her up. He told her to wait in the arrival area. Since it's a bit cold, Sunny wears a comfortable white turtle-neck sweater, denim pants, high heel boots, and a thick black coat. Sunny is relieved that she filed the restraining order for Jason, and he accepted it. He wrote an email to her to apologize for what he did. She didn't reply.

A car stops in front of her. She looks at it, but the windows are tinted that she can't see inside. Then, the passenger door open and Seung Hyun was there. He was wearing a mask and shades. He looks good in his faded denim polo, black pants, white shoes, and white winter jacket. He just waved at her and signaled her to get in. The driver took her luggage and put it at the back. Sunny enters the car, and the driver closes it. Seung Hyun's manager was sitting in front. She greeted him before looking at Seung Hyun. Seung Hyun then removed his mask and shades. He beams at her. "Hi," he greets her.

Sunny smiles shyly, "Hi."

"How's the flight?" he asks.

"It's fine. I'm glad I was seated beside the window. I witnessed the sunrise." she said.

"That's good. We're heading immediately to the vacation house. Some of our friends are already there. We will have lunch out later." Seung Hyun said. She nodded. Suddenly, she opened her shoulder bag and took out her pressed powder. She checked herself in the mirror. She applied some powder and re-applied some lipstick. Seung Hyun is watching her. He can see that she's nervous about meeting his friends there. Even she's wearing simple clothes. She still looks beautiful.

"Yah. Everything all right?" he asked. Sunny put back her stuff in her bag. Then, she looks at Seung Hyun. "I'm nervous. I don't think I will fit in with your friends."

"It's fine. They are all nice. And since I invited you here, I won't leave you, okay? I will be at your service. Besides, I rather spend time with you." Seung Hyun sincerely said. Sunny blushes after he said that. She suddenly feels special, but she doesn't want to assume. So, she looks away from him and stares outside the window.

"By the way, Dara Noona is excited to meet you. We told her about you. I think you two will become great friends."

Sunny looks back at him and scowls. "What did you tell her about me?" she asks.

"That you're pretty, kind, and awesome. Ji Yong even told her that you kick your ex's ." Seung Hyun laughs. "By the way, have you filed the restraining order against him?"

She sighs. "Yes. And he received it already. He emailed me to apologize. I didn't reply."

Seung Hyun nodded. "I hope he won't bother you this time." Sunny nodded. "I hope so, too." she paused. She really wants coffee at that moment. The coffee in her flight was bland and not enough. "Can we drop by in a coffee shop? I would like some coffee," she said.

"Sure." Seung Hyun told his manager to stop at the nearest coffee shop. The manager asks the driver to drive them to the nearest coffee shop.

A few minutes later, they stopped by in a coffee shop. Seung Hyun was about to ask his manager to buy the coffee for them, but Sunny insists that she want to buy it. Seung Hyun decided to accompany her, which made his manager go along with her. Seung Hyun wears his mask and shades before he went down the van. He was walking an arm away behind Sunny. She asks him and his manager what they want. The manager wants hazelnut coffee while Seung Hyun likes Americano. She then orders and paid for their coffees. She even included the driver.

They went back to the car after they got their coffee. Sunny told Seung Hyun about her parents' reaction when they found out that her guests were BIGBANG. She said that she and Joon Hee got a smack in their arms from her mother. If she knew that they were celebrities, she convinced their father to come to welcome them.

They arrived at the vacation house. Seung Hyun's manager took her luggage inside. Sunny is nervous about meeting his friends. But she was star-struck when a heavenly-looking couple came out from the main door. The man is holding his wife's dear hand and smiling at them. Sunny smiles brightly at them.

"Hyung." Young Bae greets his friend first. Seung Hyun gave him a brotherly tap on his shoulder, and Seung Hyun waved his hand at Young Bae's wife. Min Hyo Rin or Jung Eun Ran is more beautiful in person. Sunny suddenly feels out of place.

"You must be Sunny. I'm Dong Young Bae. And this is my wife, Jung Eun Ran. You can call us Tae Yang and Min Hyo Rin if you want." Young Bae jokingly said. Eun Ran smacks her husband's chest lightly, warning him to behave. The couple smiles at her.

"Hi. I'm Woo Sun Hee. Just call me Sunny." she said shyly.

Eun Ran approaches her and hugs her. "We're thrilled to meet you finally. Seung Hyun talks about you all the time." Eun Ran said as she let her go.

"Yah. Noona." Seung Hyun said.

Eun Ran giggles and goes back to her husband's side. She holds on to his arm.

"Let's go inside so you can meet our friends." Seung Hyun said. The four of them went inside. The living room was empty, but the couple leads them to the indoor pool area. Upon arriving there, a group of people laughs while they are enjoying the music and their conversation. Sunny knows some of them and feels uneasy because they all look stylish despite the cold weather. Ji Yong and Dara sit side by side on a pool couch while Dae Sung is sitting on the armrest. CL is sitting in a pool recliner beside a man, who Sunny recognized as actor/model Lee Soo Hyuk, while she is leaning her head on his shoulder. Three men were sitting on the side of the pool. Seungri is standing at the door.

"Guys, we're here." Seung Hyun said. The group of people looks at them. Ji Yong and Dae Sung smile upon seeing Sunny. She smiles back at them. Seungri approaches Sunny and hugs her.

"Noona, I miss you," Seungri said. Seung Hyun was glaring at him. Sunny pats Seungri's back. "I miss you, too. Did you gain weight?" she asks. Seungri let go of her. Seungri pouts at him and whines cutely. "Noona~"

Sunny giggles.

"I'm glad you came, Sunny." Ji Yong said. "Good flight?"

"Yes, Ji Yong Oppa," Sunny said.

"Guys, this is Sunny, my friend. Sunny, these are our friends. Lee Soo Hyuk, Lee Chae Rin, Choi Soon Ho, Yang Seung Ho, Song Kyung Il, and of course, Sandara Park." Seung Hyun said.

"Hi, Sunny." Chae Rin or CL said.

"Nice to meet you all," Sunny says as she bows to them.

Dara stood up and walked towards her. "It's great to meet you, Sunny, finally," she said as she takes her hand. "I heard you stayed in the Philippines for 20 years. Do you speak Tagalog?" Dara asks.

"Marunong po ng konti pero mas magaling ako mag-Bisaya." (I can speak a little bit but I'm good at Bisaya) Sunny said. Dara smiles brightly at her. "Wow. Ang galing. Dalawang dialect ang alam mo." (Wow. That's awesome. You know two dialects) she paused. "You must be tired. Do you want to rest for a while?"

"I'm fine. Don't worry." Sunny assures her.

"Sit with us. We want to know Seung Hyun's girlfriend more." Soo Hyuk cheekily said. Sunny blushes while Seung Hyun glares at him. "Yah." Seung Hyun warns him.

"What? Am I wrong? She is your girlfriend. A friend who is a girl." Soo Hyuk explains. Kyung Il stood up from where he's sitting and went behind Soo Hyuk. He then smacks Soo Hyuk's head lightly. "Yah. You're making her feel uncomfortable. Just shut up." Kyung Il looks at Sunny. "Don't mind him. He's an idiot," he said. Sunny just smiles awkwardly at them.

Soo Hyuk rubs his head and looks at Sunny. She looks uncomfortable. "Sorry, Sunny."

"Okay!" Chae Rin stands up from her seat. "I think we girls need to bond. Let's go to Dara Unnie's room to talk." she looks at Eun Ran. "Coming with us, Unnie?"

"Yeah, of course." Eun Ran kisses Young Bae's cheek before letting go of his arm. Dara holds Sunny's wrist lightly and looks at Seung Hyun. "We'll take care of her. See you at lunch," she said. The four women left the group of men. When the girls are out of their sight, Seung Hyun approaches Soo Hyuk and smacks his head. He sits beside him.

"That hurts, Hyung!" Soo Hyuk said while rubbing his head again.

"You're embarrassing our guest, idiot." Seung Hyun points out.

Soo Hyuk huffs. "But she is a friend who happens to be a girl. Girlfriend! What's wrong with that?"

"Because Hyung hasn't confessed her feelings yet." Seungri declared. Seung Hyun glares at Seungri. The BIGBANG maknae just smiles cutely at him.

"This is the perfect opportunity to confess." Seung Ho said.

"Confess what?" Seung Hyun nonchalantly said. Ji Yong huffs in frustration. "Your feelings, Hyung!"

Seung Hyun rests his back on the sofa he is sitting. "I don't know what you're talking about."

Young Bae sits beside Ji Yong. Ji Yong rests his head on his shoulder. "Hyung, for the past 6 months, you keep talking about her. Even when we are in the military, you will discuss something about her whenever we call you. Even Seungri said that when you're on your phone, it's either you're looking at her IG, reading your chats, or just looking at her photo. If that's not a man who likes a woman, then you're a stalker or some kind of creep." Young Bae points out. Seungri is nodding in agreement.

Soo Hyuk faces Seung Hyun. "Hyung, if you don't like her, can I get to know her?" Seung Hyun sits up straight and glares at Soo Hyuk. Soo Hyuk scoots away from him and shows a peace sign.

"Seungri is next in line, you idiot." Ji Yong said. Seung Hyun looks at Seungri, who's raising his hands like surrendering, then back at Ji Yong. "You know that Sunny and Seungri chats from time to time, too, right?" Seung Hyun scowls at him. Ji Yong smiles and hugs Young Bae's arm. "Our Seungri might be going to military soon, but he's a charming man. And remember, Noonas like our maknae." Ji Yong teasingly said.

"Yah! I'm just right here!" Seungri said.

"We've heard that her ex-boyfriend still wants her back. What if he convinced her?" Soon Ho mutters.

"She just filed a restraining order to her ex-boyfriend. She doesn't want him back."

"But do you like Woo Sun Hee?" Young Bae asks.

Seung Hyun remains quiet. It's been six months ever since he meets her, but it feels like a lifetime that he knows her. He always looks forward to their conversation, even it's a chat or video call. She's important to him, and he feels protective of her. He was a bit jealous when he saw her with her ex, and the idea that Seungri and Sunny will date if he didn't admit his feelings towards her appalls him.

"Hyung?" Dae Sung calls him. Seung Hyun looks at Dae Sung. Dae Sung smiles at him. "You don't have to answer. We know. We all know." he assures him. Seung Hyun stood up and walked towards the edge of the pool. He looks at the blue sky. He sighs. Yes, he does like Sunny.

---

The girls are enjoying their conversation in Dara's room. Chae Rin and Dara are on the bed. Eun Ran is sitting by the vanity table while Sunny is on the love seat. They ask Sunny a lot of questions about her, and she gladly answers them. They also ask how she and Seung Hyun meet.

"It sounds like a movie scene. Strangers meeting in a place where they spend time together. The only thing missing is the two of you falling in love and having happily ever after." Chae Rin said. Sunny just laugh nervously.

"I'm happy Seung Hyun met you. He's more open now. And he doesn't care much about negative comments about him. He's living his life well." Dara said.

Sunny blushes. "No. Seung Hyun is just really nice. Maybe he changes after his enlistment." Sunny defensively said.

"He's back on his smiling self again. Young Bae is pleased about it." Eun Ran adds.

"Sunny-yah, I have a question for you," Dara said. Sunny looks at her. She gulped.

"Do you like Seung Hyun?"

Sunny was surprised by her question. Does she like Seung Hyun? Sunny remains quiet. She remembers everything. How they meet. How they spend time together. How he fell asleep while watching the sunrise. When he surprised her in his home. Their dinner with Seungri. The finger-fold game. The Seoul night sky and their goodbye in Seoul. Everything is clear to her.

Dara scooted out of bed and sat beside her. She took her hands and held them. Sunny looks at her.

"Since when?" Dara asks.

"I don't know what you are talking about, Unnie." Sunny whispers.

Dara smiles at her. "You're scared. I can see it in your eyes."

Sunny frowns. Is she that obvious?

"I understand you." Eun Ran said. Sunny, Chae Rin, and Dara look at her. "When I meet Young Bae, I keep reminding myself that he's Tae Yang of BIGBANG, South Korea's best boy group. He's a celebrity with millions of fans. That's why I tried my best not to like him. But he was just Dong Young Bae with me. A simple guy who likes cooking and watching food shows. Dating him was stressful, but he assures me that everything is fine, and proving it made me stay. And he loves me. He may be Tae Yang of BIGBANG, but he is my husband, my other half. My Dong Young Bae. It is scary to date someone like them. But it's worth it." Eun Ran said with a smile.

"Sunny-yah," Dara calls her. Sunny looks back at her.

"I am dating Ji Yong for years. We kept it secret because of the media backlash. We're both at the peak of our careers. He even goes out with women just to divert the attention away towards us. But none of them are serious. Just dates. You may find it weird, but for me, it was Ji Yong's way of protecting me. He wants to confess about our relationship, but the timing wasn't right. It was hard that whenever we want to spend time together, we either have a date in their home or with a group of friends. But we're done with that. We're planning to tell the world about our relationship soon."

Sunny smiles. "Thank you for telling me, Unnie."

Dara shook her head. "Don't thank me. I'm telling this to you so you will realize that being with Seung Hyun may be tough, but as long as you hold on to each other, everything will be okay. You just need to trust, respect, and love each other." Dara said.

"But Unnie, Seung Hyun is just nice to me because I don't treat him as a celebrity. He just likes me as a friend..." Sunny said.

Eun Ran, Chae Rin, and Dara giggle. Sunny tilts her head in confusion.

"Yah, he likes you, okay? Ji Yong Oppa was so annoyed at him when he insists that they should put the song he wrote on their upcoming album even Oppa said it doesn't suit the theme they had, which is

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter