Five

Until I See You Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

5 months later...

Sunny arrived at her Aunt's home in Songdo, Incheon. Ji Yong and Dara's wedding will be on the 28th of June, but Dara asks her to come early to attend the bridal shower that Bom, Minzy, and CL prepared for Dara. She was okay with that because she will be meeting some people in Seoul regarding her furniture business line.

She's unpacking her luggage when her phone rings. She looks at it. It was Soo Hyuk. She answers it and puts it on the speaker.

"Hi."

"Sunny! Did you arrive in Incheon, or you're still in Cebu?" he jokingly asks.

Sunny laughs. "I'm in my Aunt's home now. Aren't you in a photoshoot now?"

"I am, but I'm on my break," he said. "What are you doing?"

"Unpacking my stuff," she said.

"Okay. Hey, Seung Ho and I will be in Starbucks in Triple Street Mall there in Songdo later. Meet us, okay? Let's hang out."

"What time?"

"Around two hours from now." Soo Hyuk said.

"Okay. I'll be there," she confirmed.

"Good," he said. Then, she heard someone calling Soo Hyuk. "Sunny-yah, I have to go. I'll message you when we're on our way."

"Okay. Bye." she hangs up. She sighs. She had a newfound friendship with the people she meets in Jeju. They are all nice to her and always checking on her. But, in the case of Seung Hyun, he changed. He's busy with their come back. He messages her and calling her, but it was quick and simple. She follows him through news and his IG. He went hiatus on his public Instagram account. She doesn't follow him in his private account. But when he re his public account, he became busy. He even has a new web drama and an upcoming movie. There's also news about him hanging out with a foreign woman. The woman is an art collector, too. But his company clears that they are just friends. Seung Hyun didn't discuss it with her, and it bothers her. She didn't ask him because she's scared of what he will answer.

Two hours later, she found Soo Hyuk and Seung Ho. They were happy to see each other. Sunny sat beside Soo Hyuk while Seung Ho is sitting across them.

"It's good to see you again, Sunny-yah. Good flight? No jetlag?" Soo Hyuk asks.

Sunny shakes her head. "I'm fine. I was sleeping during the flight, so it was good."

"Ohh, coffee. What do you want?" Seung Ho asks.

"Just iced Americano," she said. Seung Ho stood up and went to the counter to order her coffee. Soo Hyuk faces her.

"Does Seung Hyun Hyung know that it's your arrival today?" Soo Hyuk curiously asks. Sunny smiles. "He does." she paused. "Ohh. I'm meeting Eun Ran Unnie tomorrow."

"It's your birthday tomorrow. Happy birthday in advance." Soo Hyuk smiles and ruffles her hair. Sunny playfully swats his hand and smiles back at him. She sighs. It's her birthday tomorrow, and yet she will be celebrating it alone.

Soo Hyuk noticed that Sunny is a bit gloomy. She's just like Seung Hyun. Whenever he opens up the topic about Sunny, Seung Hyun becomes quiet and in deep thought. Soo Hyuk clears his throat. "While waiting for your coffee, let's take a selfie first." Soo Hyuk said. She agrees. Soo Hyuk took out his phone and took selfies with Sunny. Seung Ho returns and joins them in the selfie session. Soo Hyuk posts one of their pictures on his IG Story. It was okay because Sunny is known as Nuthang Crew's new member, the architect, and rising furniture designer Sunny Woo. Ji Yong, Young Bae, Seung Ho, and some celebrities bought some of her works after the launch of her Sunrise Collection series last April. It's not because she has a new celebrity status, but her craft is classy and stylish.

Soo Hyuk and Seung Ho spend their time with Sunny until it's almost sunset. Then, they invite her to dinner and to hang out in Seoul. She agrees since they promise to drive her home after that. The dinner they had was exquisite. Then, they went to a music bar where they had few drinks. Good thing Soo Hyuk has a driver. Sunny got home before midnight. She wasn't drunk, and she had fun. She opens her phone and looks at Soo Hyuk's post. After she freshens up and changes into sleeping clothes, she went to sleep in her bed.

The next day, Sunny had a schedule for an interview in a local magazine. She has interviewed for her achievement as a furniture designer. She dressed up professionally for the interview. The interview was smooth sailing and only focused on her craft and her life before furniture designing. Then, the interviewer asks her about her connection with Min Hyo Rin, BIGBANG, CL, and Sandara Park. She just simply answered that they just discovered her craft through a friend, which is true. Then, the interviewer asks her if she's in a relationship now. She answered by just saying no.

After the interview, Sunny meets Min Hyo Rin during her photoshoot. Eun Ran was so happy to see her.

"I'm so glad to see you again, Sunny." Eun Ran said as she hugs her.

"Me too, Unnie," Sunny said and let go of her friend.

"I heard it's your birthday today. Happy birthday!" Eun Ran pats Sunny's shoulder.

Sunny smiles. Yes. It's her birthday. She received a message from her family and some friends. Even Jason sends her a birthday greeting. "Thanks, Unnie," she said.

"Since your family is in the Philippines, let me and Young Bae celebrate your birthday in our home. Okay?"

"You don't have to, Unnie," Sunny said. Eun Ran shook her head. "No, I already ask my husband. We will have dinner at our home later. I will take no for an answer." Eun Ran giggles. "Anyway, how was the interview?" Eun Ran asks as she directs her to sit on the sofa of her dressing room. Sunny sat down while Eun Ran asks her assistant to order some meals for her and Sunny.

"It was good, Unnie. But the interviewer asks me about my relationship with celebrities and if I'm in a relationship."

Eun Ran sat beside her. "What did you say?"

"The truth. That I meet you, BIGBANG, CL, and Dara through a friend."

"Well, that's true. Seung Hyun is your friend." Eun Ran points out. "What about the other question?"

"I just said no. No further answer." Sunny shrugs. Eun Ran pats her back. "You did great. You didn't lie. It's the truth."

"I know." Sunny sighs.

"Have you talked to Seung Hyun?"

"No. He's busy."

Eun Ran scowls. "Busy? As far as I know, they don't have schedules this month because of Dara Unnie and Ji Yong's wedding. How come he's busy?"

"His art collections, maybe?" Sunny shrugs.

Eun Ran laughs. "Ahh... I get it. Art collection. Is this about that European friend he had?"

"You know her?" Sunny curiously asks.

Eun Ran shook her head. "No. But Young Bae said that he's helping her find arts here in South Korea and all over Asia." she shrugs.

Sunny just nodded. Eun Ran leans at her. "Are you jealous?"

"What? No! Of course not. Why would I?" Sunny laughs awkwardly.

Eun Ran raised her eyebrows and smirks. "Fine." Eun Ran said. "Anyway, you're coming with me to our home, okay?"

Sunny sighs and nods. "Yes, Unnie."

"Good. Young Bae is at home now. I bet he is preparing something now. He likes cooking." Eun Ran giggles. Sunny looks at her clothes. "I hope I dress just fine for a visit."

"That's not a problem. I have tons of clothes. You can pick what you want to wear as long as your comfortable and confident about it."

"Thank you, Unnie."

A few moments later, their lunch arrived. Eun Ran and Sunny enjoy their lunch together while talking about the upcoming wedding of Ji Yong and Dara. After their meal, Eun Ran sat in front of the mirror for her makeup. Sunny is talking to her dad over the phone regarding their business. When Eun Ran starts with her pictorial, her assistant attends Sunny and shows her some clothes that Eun Ran wants her to wear. She chose a baby blue dress. It's simple and looks comfortable. She's thankful that her high heels match the dress.

Eun Ran's photoshoot finishes at 5 pm. She's so happy to see Sunny in that dress. So, they ride Eun Ran's van to Young Bae's home. They stop by a bakeshop so Eun Ran can buy some cake for Sunny.

When they arrived, Sunny likes how modern his home looks. Eun Ran unlocks the door, and it opens.

"Yeobo, we're here." Eun Ran said.

Young Bae went to the entryway to welcome them. Eun Ran hugs her husband and kisses him. Young Bae holds her still and stares at her. "Tired?"

Eun Ran shook her head. "No. I think knowing that Sunny was there didn't make me feel tired." she smiles. Young Bae looks at Sunny. Sunny bows to him.

"Good evening, Young Bae Oppa. Thank you for inviting me," she said.
.
"Happy birthday, Sunny-yah. You don't have to thank me. We're family here. Come, let's go inside." Young Bae said. The couple walks ahead while Sunny follows them. When Sunny enters the living room, a loud pop startled her, and flower papers are in the air.

"SURPRISE!!!!!"

Sunny placed her hands on her chest. She was stunned because, in the living room, there's Young Bae, Eun Ran, Ji Yong, Dara, Dae Sung, and Chae Rin. She was frozen on the spot and can't understand how she feels.

"What's happening?" she said.

Dara approaches her and hugs her. "Happy birthday, Sunny."

"Thank you," she said. Dara let go of her. "You guys don't have to do this." Sunny is overwhelmed. Dae Sung approached her and gave her the bouquet of pink roses. Sunny accepts the flower. "Thank you, Dae Sung Oppa."

"You thought it's just wife and me, right?" Young Bae asks.

Sunny nodded. "Eun Ran Unnie said that she just wants me to celebrate my birthday with you because my family is back in the Philippines."

"Okay. The food is done in a few minutes. Just sit first while I'm finishing up." Young Bae told them, and he went back to the kitchen. Eun Ran follows him to help. Sunny and Chae Rin sat on the right side of the sofa while Ji Yong and Dara were on the left end. Ji Yong is hugging Dara's waist while his chin is resting on her shoulder. Dae Sung sat on the floor comfortably.

"I've heard that you had an interview today. What is it for?" Dae Sung asks.

"It's for a lifestyle magazine. They are writing an article about me and my success in furniture designs." Sunny said.

"How was the interview?" Ji Yong asks. Sunny sighs. "It was okay. She asks me about my career before furniture design, what inspires me to design, and my goals. Then she asks me a personal question like how did I become friends with you and if I'm in a relationship."

"What did you say?" Chae Rin asks.

From the kitchen, Eun Ran speaks. "Sunny answered it truthfully without mentioning Seung Hyun's name. That she meet us because of a friend and she's not in a relationship. She didn't follow up on her answer after that. If you ask me, I think she did a great job."

Dae Sung smiles. "You did well, Sunny."

"It's funny because why they even bother to asks that if they are just lifestyle magazines. What does my relationship with you guys have to do with my designs?"

"It's because of what we are." Ji Yong said. "You first earned a celebrity title when you become our friend. As much as you're great in your craft, some people think that you become successful because of us. But, you proved them wrong because, before us, you are already popular in the Philippines. And if I remember right, other celebrities like Lee Jung Jae were the first to promote your craft. Not us. We posted our items at the end of April and the first week of May."

"People will be curious about you, Unnie. But that's it. Just keep what you are doing. Everything will be fine." Chae Rin assures her. Sunny smiles and nods.

"So, have you and Seung Hyun talked upon your arrival?" Dara asks.

"No. He seems busy."

Ji Yong huffs exasperatedly. "Yeah. Busy with his bulls."

"What? Why?" Dara asks.

"Well, it started around February. I don't know, but suddenly, he becomes all serious and all. He just focused on the album promotion and concert. Then he starts hanging out with that Miranda. They meet because Mark and Hyung are helping her find Asian arts. But there's is one thing I am curious about." Ji Yong said and looked at Sunny.

"Hmm?" Sunny reacts.

"Who is Brandon Kim?" he asks.

Sunny blinks. "He is Joon Hee's sunbae."

Chae Rin scowls. "Who's Joon Hee?"

"My brother," Sunny said. "He's also investing in my furniture line because his fiancé likes my work. I am naming one of my designs after her as his wedding gift. Why?" Sunny asks.

"He's engaged? Really?" Ji Yong asks.

"Yes," Sunny says.

Ji Yong laughs. Everyone can't understand why he is laughing.

"What is it, Hyung?" Dae Sung asks.

He shook his head. "Nothing. I'm just curious because I see Brandon Kim liking and commenting on Sunny's post." he clears his throat. "Anyway, do you have a date at the wedding, Sunny?"

"Do I have to have one?"

"Not at all. But Seung Hyun Hyung is bringing Miranda to the wedding," he said. Sunny felt like Ji Yong just stabs her in her heart. He's bringing a date. So much for the wait.

"Dae Sung-ah, can you set the table?" Young Bae asks.

"Yes, Hyung." Dae Sung stood up. Sunny wants to help. "Let me help," she said and stood up to help Dae Sung. Then, Chae Rin and Dara look at Ji Yong.

"What are you doing, Oppa?" Chae Rin asks.

"Making Hyung realized how big of an idiot he is." Ji Yong grins. Dara scowls at him, so he just kissed her cheek. Chae Rin rolls her eyes at him, and she stood up to help Dae Sung and Sunny.

They have a lovely dinner. Young Bae's food is delicious. They sang a birthday song for Sunny, give her gifts, and took pictures of the event. Dara was the only one who posted a picture on her Instagram. Ji Yong took that photo on Dara's phone where Sunny is carrying the cake while Dara, Eun Ran, and Chae Rin hug her. He put the caption "A Sunny Birthday."

At that moment, Seung Hyun was having dinner with Miranda. He saw Dara's post. He knows that it's Sunny's birthday, but he doesn't know how to face her. Then he saw the other posts about Sunny. Sunny even post the group picture herself, thanking everyone for surprising her. Then, he saw Brandon Kim liking her post again. He even commented, 'Happy birthday, Ms. Sunshine. Let's have dinner soon. Seung Hyun is pissed. He can't even see Brandon Kim's account content because it's private.

Ji Yong and Dara drive Sunny home. She arrived in her building thirty minutes before midnight. When she's about to go up, the receptionist called her. She has a package. It was a bottle of wine in a gift bag with a card on it. She brought it to her Aunt's unit. She took out the wine from the gift bag. It was a wine made in 1989. She then opens the card and read it.

Sunny-yah,
Happy Birthday. I hope you enjoy this day. See you soon.
Your friend,
Choi Seung Hyun

She was sad that he didn't come, but she smiles that he remembers her birthday. She put back the wine in the gift bag. It's the best birthday gift for her.

---

Ji Yong and Dara are spending a day in Jeju. They are currently in the car. Dara is the one driving while Ji Yong is on her side.

"I ask Seungri to sing at our wedding." Ji Yong said.

"That's great. 'Strong Baby' again?" Dara giggles. Ji Yong laughs. "Of course. We need to have cute little Dara look-a-like soon."

"You and dream of having a daughter." she paused. "Seung Hyun is still not talking to Sunny?" Dara asks.

Ji Yong sighs. "Yes. He's stubborn. He rather spends his free time at home or with Miranda than talk to Sunny." Ji Yong huffs frustratedly. "He's been jealous of a man named Brandon Kim for nothing."

"Seung Hyun is jealous of Brandon Kim? Why?" she asks.

"He thought Brandon and Sunny are dating."

"What?!" Dara said loudly. "What an idiot. Sunny didn't date anyone. I always ask her if she's going out with someone, but she always says that she's busy with the furniture company."

"As much as I love hyung, I want him to find the courage and talk to Sunny. He misses her so much that he's suffering because of what he assumed about Sunny. He's scared to ask her who's

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter