Three

Until I See You Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Last week of January 2020

Sunny is busy making a frame of chair smooth using sandpaper. She's been working in the furniture workshop for a month ever since she resigned from her job a month ago. After returning from South Korea, she immediately asks her boss to let her out of her ex-boyfriend's project. Sunny pissed her boss with her decision, so he didn't allow it unless someone could handle it as she does. And as expected, her ex-boyfriend is using the project to win her back. He insists on meeting her privately because of the project, but she always brings a junior architect or sets it up in a public place. She clarifies that she will not have him back and that she's over him and happy. In December, Sunny had enough of his bulls and the pressure of his office, telling her to be nice to his ex. She sends his resignation letter and packs up his stuff from the firm. She also told her ex that if he bothers her again, she will file a Restraining Order against him. Luckily, he didn't bother her after the last time they saw each other.

Sunny hasn't applied yet for a new job. She's helping his father in their family business. After all, her father gave her a position as the head of the design department. And from time to time, like she's doing now, she's arranging the furniture herself.

She's busy finishing her job when one of their employees approached her.

"Ma'am Sunny, na'a kay bisita." (Ma'am Sunny, you have a visitor.) The employee said.

"Kinsa man?" (Who?) she asks.

The employee scratches his head in confusion. "Dili man jud pamiliar, Ma'am. Koreano gud." (He's not familiar, Ma'am. He's Korean.)

Sunny looks at his employee. "Dili atong akung dating uyab?" (It's not my ex-boyfriend?)

The employee shook his head and smiles. "Dili, Ma'am. Mas gwapo ni oi." (No, Ma'am. He's more handsome.)

Sunny tilts her head in confusion. Then, she asks their employee to finish what she started. She went to her dad's office to freshen up fast. She thought, maybe one of her college friends. She shrugs. She took some towel and went to the bathroom to freshen up. She did it quickly. Then, she changed to a black sport's bra and grey loose sleeveless blouse. She tied her hair in a messy bun and applied some deodorant and perfume. She applied some powder on her face and lipstick on her lips. She checks herself in the mirror for the last time before she went out.

Sunny saw the supervisor and asks where her visitor is. The supervisor told her that the visitor is waiting by the parking lot. She was surprised. The visitor can't even wait in the office building. Interesting. She went to the parking lot and look for a familiar face.

"Woo Sun Hee." someone calls her. She looks around and saw the man she hasn't seen for the past six months.

"Seung Hyun-ah!" She said and walked towards him. He is standing beside a huge van like those celebrity vans. He looks relax on his white polo shirt, denim pants, and sneakers. He's carrying a bouquet. Seung Hyun opens his arms, and Sunny unconsciously hugs him.

"You're here!" she said happily before she let him go and took a step back to look at him. Seung Hyun gave her the bouquet, and she gladly accepts it.

"Long time no see, Sunny," he said. She chuckles. "What are you doing here? When did you arrive?" She asks.

"Just yesterday. I'm on vacation now. The company gave us this before we start our rehearsal for Coachella." he said. She smiles brightly. "Yeah. You'll have your come back in Coachella. That's a big thing," she said.

He nodded. "Yes, it was offered to us last year, the company presents it to us. It is big, so we agreed. It's better than a comeback in Korea. We're also working on a new album now. Still a secret, though. We'll focus on Coachella. For now, we're in vacation mode."

Sunny was caught off-guard. "Wait. We? What 'we'? Who are 'we'?"

Seung Hyun smiles. He holds on to the handle of the passenger of the van and opens it. Sunny covers her lips with her hand when she saw G-Dragon and Dae Sung inside. Dae Sung is smiling at her while waving his hand while G-Dragon or Ji Yong smiles at her.

"Hi, Sunny." Ji Yong said.

Sunny is frozen that she can't even speak, then she remembers something. Hair in a messy bun, muscle shirt, ripped jeans, and Dr. Marten's boots. Her hands fall on her side, and the bouquet falls on the ground. She glares at Seung Hyun. He looks amused. Sunny suddenly smacks his arm hard.

"Yah!!! You could at least tell me that you're coming with Dae Sung and G-Dragon! I look like a mess!!! I was working on the woodshop a while ago. How can I meet them like this?!" she frustratedly said. Seung Hyun was shocked while holding the part of his arm that Sunny smacks.

"Yah! If I tell you I'm coming, it won't be a surprise! And I didn't plan to take these two idiots with me. They sneaked in the van when they knew I'm meeting you." he told her.

Sunny annoyingly picks up the bouquet. Then she looks back at Ji Yong, and Dae Sung, who are both have straight faces while looking at them. Then, she remembers that she hadn't greeted them. She bows to them. "Hi. I'm Woo Sun Hee. You can call me Sunny. Nice to meet you. I'm sorry I'm not dressed up well. I was working a while ago." she said.

"It's fine. You didn't expect us here." Ji Yong said at smiles at her.

"But it's nice to meet you finally. Seung Hyun hyung speaks highly of you." Dae Sung beams at her. Sunny blushes and smiles. Seung Hyun noticed it. Is it because she's in front of Ji Yong? He sighs.

"By the way, we're about to find a place to eat lunch. We would like it if you join us." Seung Hyun told Sunny. Sunny was surprised. A lunch with them? Really?

"Do you know where you want to eat?" she asks. Dae Sung shrugs, Ji Yong shook his head. Then, she looks at Seung Hyun.

"Any suggestion?" he asks.

"I know a place. But I need to change first before we go there. My home is on the way too. I just need to call someone first. Excuse me." she said.

Sunny takes a few steps away from them and calls her brother Joon Hee.

"Hello?"

"Joon Hee! Where are you?" she asks.

"I'll go to McDonald's to buy lunch," he said.

"No. Don't go to Balai Mercedes. Tell Mom not to open the restaurant yet. I have some guests. We will have lunch there."

Joon Hee huffs. "Why do we need to close the restaurant for lunch with your friends?"

"Joon Hee-yah, please. Do this for me, okay? I'm panicking right now. I didn't expect them to come in my whole lifetime. Please. I will do anything you want!" she said. She heard her brother laughs.

"So, you're willing to buy me Nike + PMO shoes for this?" he asks.

If Joon Hee is in front of Sunny now, she will smack his head hard. "Woo Joon Hee! That shoes cost a fortune in reseller shops! Are you kidding me?"

"Well, I'm going to Mc Donalds now."

"Fine! Just do this. We'll be there in one hour, okay?"

"Yes, Noona. Whoever these guests you have must be special to you. And I thank them for my new kicks. Bye, Noona." he said and hung up. She looks back at her guest. Dae Sung and Ji Yong step out of the van. Even wearing simple clothes, they still look fashionable. She walks back to them.

"I already reserved a place where we can have lunch peacefully. Don't worry about the security because the place is secured," she assures them. "I can tell the driver the destination. I just need to go home to freshen up. But I'll be there as soon as I can."

"Sunny-yah."

She glanced at Seung Hyun. He smiles at her. "Relax. Take your time. We will wait for you there." he assures her.

She smiles back at him. "Thank you." She said and went to the driver's side of the van. The driver opens the door. It was a local driver. She told him in Bisayan dialect the location of the restaurant. Ji Yong, Dae Sung, and Seung Hyun are watching her talk to the driver.

"She is pretty, Hyung. And very nice." Ji Yong said. Seung Hyun smiles. "I'm happy that you agreed to have a vacation here."

Dae Sung butts in. "It's not just you who wants to go here. Ji Yong Hyung wants to come here too." Seung Hyun looks at Ji Yong. "Why?"

"Just to relax, basically. I want to go to that restaurant we ate a few years ago, but unfortunately, the volcano near that place erupted. So, we'll just go to Jeju instead. I rented a place already for everyone can stay. Seungri will come too." Ji Yong stated.

"Do I have to come? Can I just stay here?" Seung Hyun said.

"Hyung, I need you to be there. Young Bae and Eun Ran will go there too. Our friends will be there too. We will have a small party before we go back to work." Ji Yong insists.

"But I want to go around here with Sunny. I still want to see those chocolate hills, she said and those little monkeys." Seung Hyun said.

Ji Yong sighs frustratedly and looks at him with pleading eyes. "I'll invite Sunny to that if you want. Since you and Seungri trust her." Ji Yong said. Seung Hyun nodded.

Sunny went back to them. "The driver knows where to go. I will meet you there."

"Sunny-ssi, how sure are you that we'll have a peaceful lunch there?" Dae Sung asks.

"Oh. It's my Mom's restaurant. It's her new business. It's an all Filipino cuisine restaurant. I called my brother to arrange everything. So, we'll have a nice lunch there." she said. The men were surprised to know that the restaurant they are going to belongs to Sunny's family.

"I'll see you guys later." she waved her hand at them before she hurries back to the furniture shop. The three men went back inside the van and closed the door. Seung Hyun talks to the driver.

"Mister, can we drop by in a flower shop on our way there?" he asks.

"Sure, sir." the driver said before he starts the engine.

"Why are we dropping by a flower shop again?" Dae Sung asks.

"We will meet Sunny's mother. We should at least bring something for her." Seung Hyun points out. Dae Sung and Ji Yong look at each other. They just smirk. Their hyung wants to impress Sunny's mom.

---

After an hour, the van, followed by two SUVs, arrived at Balai Mercedes. Sunny is waiting by the entrance of the restaurant. Joon Hee stood beside her.

"You were working at the shop this morning. How come you come here, dresses up like this?" Joon Hee asks. Sunny can't believe herself too. She managed to drive to their home in 20 minutes, then freshen up and dress up in 25 minutes, and arrived at the restaurant 5 minutes before her guests' arrival. She managed to do her makeup and hair, dress up in a white blouse and blue with a white stripes jumper dress and cream sandals.

"What are you talking about? I'm always like this," she said and flipped her hair back. Joon Hee laughs. "Oh. By the way, the Lechon will arrive in 30 minutes."

"Good," she said. The passenger side of the van opens, and one by one, the men come out from it. Joon Hee covers his mouth upon seeing who they are.

"Noona is that...?"

Sunny just smiles. Seung Hyun leads the way and stops in front of her. Joon Hee's hands fall on his side, and he glares at his sister. Suddenly, Joon Hee pushes Sunny. Sunny lost her balance, but Seung Hyun manages to catch her. Seung Hyun glares at Joon Hee. 'Who is this man?' Seung Hyun thought.

"Yah!!! Why you didn't tell me that they are your guests! Noona! Can you see what I am wearing now?" Joon Hee said to his sister. Joon Hee is just wearing a simple red Marvel shirt, denim pants, and basketball shoes.

Seung Hyun helps Sunny to stands up. Suddenly, Sunny smacks Joon Hee's head. "Yah! Are you out of your mind? How can you do that to me?!" she hissed at her brother.

"But Noona!"

"Stop. I am surprised too. I didn't expect them either." she said before she looks at her guests. "Sorry for my brother's attitude. He's just caught off guard. This is my brother, Woo Joon Hee. Joon Hee, these are my friends," she said. Joon Hee looks back at her sister then back to the men in front of them. "Friends? How?"

Seung Hyun stood beside Sunny. "Hi. I'm Choi Seung Hyun. Sunny's friend. I'm also going to work with her on my exclusive chair designs. We're here to visit her and spend time with her." Seung Hyun said while smiling at Joon Hee.

Joon He nodded. "Hi. I'm Woo Joon Hee. I know the three of you. I'm a fan." Joon Hee smiles. "Nice to meet you all. And welcome to Balai Mercedes. I hope you will have a great time here." he said, but he suddenly steps back as Ji Yong stood on Sunny's right side while Daesung stood on Seung Hyun's left side.

"Thank you for accommodating us on short notice." Ji Yong said while looking at Joon Hee. Joon Hee has the urge to fanboy over Ji Yong, but he calms himself. "Please come in," he said as pointing to the entrance of the restaurant.

Joon Hee leads the way, followed by Sunny and Seung Hyun, while Ji Yong and Dae Sung follow them. When they entered, two waiters are arranging the table they are going to use. A woman in her late 50's is supervising them.

"Mom," Sunny said. The woman looked around at them and smiles. Seung Hyun looks at Dae Sung. Dae Sung gives him the bouquet. The woman walked towards them.

"Are these your guests, Sunny?" She asks her daughter. Before she can even answer, Ji Yong speaks. "Hello, Ma'am. We're Sunny's friends. I'm Kwon Ji Yong." he said as he bows to Sunny's mom.

"I'm Kang Dae Sung." Dae Sung bows, too.

Seung Hyun walked closer to Sunny's mom and gave her the bouquet that she gladly accepts. "I'm Choi Seung Hyun, ma'am

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter