Six

Until I See You Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Dad said that it's better if I just find a one-bedroom condo near the warehouse. But I want to stay in Taguig." Joon Hee sighs while lying down on a couch. They are talking via video call.

"There are lots of nice condo units in Manila. Why do you want to stay in Taguig?" Sunny asks. He shrugs. "I just like BGC. It's like Cebu IT Park." he scowls. "Where are you, anyway?" Joon Hee asks.

"I'm in Busan," Sunny said.

"Why?"

She shrugs. "I just missed this place." Sunny finishes her bibimbap. It's already 10 in the evening. She's been in Busan since yesterday. She's staying in a small home rent and currently eating late dinner.

"You meet Choi Seung Hyun there, right?" Joon Hee said. Sunny just laughs. She wipes her lips with a tissue. "Yes."

Her brother grins cheekily. "Are you meeting him again there?" he teases her.

"Don't be dumb, Junjun. He has a lot of things to do than be here," she said as she stands up to pay for her meal. She picks up her backpack and walks towards the cashier while holding her phone. Joon Hee, on the other hand, is at their home, chilling.

"All right. By the way, Brandon sunbae said he and his fiancé wants to meet you in Seoul before you go back here. His fiancé wants to meet you."

Sunny gave her card to the cashier. "Sure."

"Sunbae will message you soon." Joon Hee said. The cashier gave her card back and the receipt. She put it back in her wallet then she went out of the restaurant.

"Joon Hee-yah, I have to go. I'm going to walk around before I head back to my place."

"Okay. Take care. Don't meet a celebrity there."

"Stupid. I miss you, Junjun." Sunny said.

"Yah. Don't call me in that cheesy name."

"I love you, Junjun!" she said cutely.

"Bye, Mrs. Choi!" Joon Hee hangs up. Sunny laughs. Mrs. Choi? How dumb. Sunny walks the street of Busan. Unlike before, Busan is familiar to her. She can feel the sea breeze as the wind blows on her. Unlike before, she tries to be discreet. She's wearing a black baseball cap now while the hood of her gray hoodie jacket is up. She still has her backpack. Then, she saw the convenience store where she first meets Seung Hyun. It was like yesterday. She went there to buy beer so she can drink it on the beach.

She entered the convenience store and went to the beer section. She grabbed a beer can and went to the cashier. She's about to get her wallet, but someone places a pack of cigarettes and a can of beer on the counter. He even gave his black card to the cashier.

"I'll pay for hers, too," he said. Sunny looks up at the man. Even he's wearing a mask and beanie. She knows who he is. She smiles. The cashier returns his card and packs their items separately. Then, they went out. Sunny grabs his arm.

"What are you doing here?" she asks. He looks at her. "I can't let you stay here and relive our memories together here alone." Choi Seung Hyun said. She comfortably holds on to his arm. Seung Hyun looks at her hands on his arm, and then he looks at her face.

"I'm happy that you are here," she said while smiling at him.

Seung Hyun smiles back at her. "I'm happy to be here," he said. "Beach?" he asks. She nodded. And they walk towards the beach.

"When did you arrive?" she asks.

"This afternoon. I wanted to take a flight last night, but it's fully booked."

"What did you do since you arrived?"

"I stayed in the hotel where I stayed last time. I just sleep. I wasn't able to sleep well last night." he said sadly. Sunny giggles. They arrived at the beach, and Sunny took out her scarf from her bag and lay it down so they can sit there. They sat side by side this time as they open their beer cans. They both put down their jacket hoods, and Seung Hyun pulls down his mask.

"Why did you come here, Sunny?" he asks and sips his beer. Sunny took a deep breath. "I just missed this place," she said.

"And me?" he adds.

Sunny giggles. He's so cute. "Yes, and you." Seung Hyun smiles and drinks his beer. "I miss this place, too. It has a lot of memories of you," he said. What he said warms Sunny's heart.

"You've been doing so well. Your comeback is a success. The drama you are in is a hit, and you have an upcoming movie." she said. "You've been in fashion ads, too."

He sighs. "I just want to be busy because I keep thinking of you."

Sunny frowns. So, that was it. He was busy avoiding the thoughts of her. "Did it help you?" she asks.

"What?"

"Being busy so you won't think of me."

Seung Hyun looks at her. She looks serious. Even they parted in January; Sunny didn't change towards him. She always sends him messages, tries to call him, and greeting him with achievements he had. She even sends flowers to him on his drama launch and his ad event (with the help of either Soo Hyuk or Eun Ran).

"It helps. But when I'm not busy, I always check your message and your Instagram account. I'm like a masochist who likes pain by looking at you and remembering the words you said to me."

"Seung Hyun-ah."

"I understand. You were just beginning your career as a furniture designer then. You still have issues with your ex, and you're scared of what the media will say if you become closer to me. I understand everything, but it doesn't mean it didn't hurt me. I told you how I feel, but you told me you couldn't be with me because of those things."

Sunny just remain quiet. She did hurt him, after all.

"But, as I said, it won't change the fact that I still like you. I never liked anyone like this before. And even that Brandon guy is liking and posting comments every post you do; I still like you." he chuckles. "Hell, I like you even more now that I'm back here with you."

Sunny beams at him. "Am I that pretty for you to like me?" she jokes cutely.

"No. I'm really after your architectural skills and your chair designs. If I date you, I can get those for free," he said in a deadpan tone. Sunny giggles at what he said. She clears . "Well, you, liking me, wouldn't be a bad idea too. I can watch BIGBANG concerts for free and go places with you." she winks. That made Seung Hyun laughs.

"If I know, you're still after G-Dragon," he smirks. "Sorry, but he's married now to Dara. They are on their way to their honeymoon." Seung Hyun told her.

Sunny sighs. "It's fine. I'll just aim for Dae Sung or Seungri." she drinks her beer. Seung Hyun glares at her. "Yah!" he warns her. She nudges his shoulder and laughs at him. "You're still my bias even I date one of them." she winks at him.

He scowls. "Are you crazy? You think I will let you date them?" he asks.

"I'm not even asking for your permission." she raised her eyebrow at him. Seung Hyun laughs loudly before he emptied his beer can. Then, he glares at her. "Wanna die?"

Sunny laughs at him and grabs his wrist. "I'm just joking. They are like my brothers," she said. Seung Hyun looks at her hand that's holding his wrist. He twists his hand so she will let go of his wrist. Sunny was surprised by what he did. She thought he was angry at her. But, when she let go of his wrist, Seung Hyun grabs her hand and holds it. He entwined his fingers with her. She stares at their hands before she looks up at him. Seung Hyun smiles at her.

"I like you too much to give you up. So, you will be dealing with me until you decided to be with me or if you choose to be with someone else," he said. "But I prefer the first one."

Sunny shook her head. "You're something, Choi Seung Hyun."

Seung Hyun looks at their hands. "You have a warm hand. It's nice."

"Have you eaten dinner?" she asks out of nowhere.

"Yeah. You?"

"Yes. Where should we go after this?" Sunny asks as she empties her beer. Seung Hyun looks around. "We can roam around and find something," he said as he drinks his beer and finishes it. Seung Hyun helps her stand up. He even picks up her scarf and cleans it before giving it back to her. She put it back on her backpack. Seung Hyun wears his mask back. He holds her hand again, and they walk towards the street.

"How's your day with Seungri yesterday?" he asks.

"It was fun. We roam around Seoul, and then we ate in a Japanese restaurant. The food is great, but it was too much. He's so extra." Sunny grins. Seung Hyun chuckles. "He's like that because you're nice to him. You meet him in the times that some people he trusted turn their backs on him. But you accept him, and you've been nothing but a good friend to him." he paused. "I'm happy he overcomes those dark times."

"He's fine now. His name is cleared," she assures him.

"I hope he still has that will to perform on stage. Seeing him sing during Ji Yong's wedding makes me think of the possibilities of his comeback. I hope he still wants to sing on stage despite what happened."

"You worry too much, Oppa." she touches his arm and pats it. Sunny decided to change the topic so the mood won't be gloomy. "So, what's next for you? Is there another album or project that you will do?"

"There are two movie offers for me. I'm still checking if I can do it."

"What kind of movie?"

"One is a war movie, and the other is a rom-com." he shrugs. Sunny looks at him. "Rom-com? Really? That will be a first for you."

"I know. The story is promising. I will act as a chaebol who has to marry an island teacher to inherit my Grandfather's wealth." he chuckles. Sunny laughs too. "That's cute. But, do you know who your leading lady is?" she asks.

He shrugs. "Still undecided. But I heard Yoon Eun Hye is interested. I worked with her in a photoshoot before. She seems nice. You know her, right?"

"Yeah, of course. Her dramas are amazing. I think if you two work together, it will be a hit!" she said. He looks at her. She looks happy. "You think so?" he asks. She nodded.

"Will you watch it if I do it?"

"Of course!" she beams at him. Seung Hyun nodded. Then, Seung Hyun saw a noraebang place. He looks at Sunny. She laughs. Seung Hyun pulls her inside the noraebang place.

Sunny is having fun because Seung Hyun is singing this time. He said that he has to sing because he was jealous when she sings with Seungri. When Sunny is singing, he was dancing for her. Sunny is happy that she's with him.

After their noraebang session, they went out for a walk again. She was holding on to his arm again while his hands are tucked in the pocket of his jacket.

"Sunny-yah."

"Hmm?"

"Have you thought of staying here?" he asks.

"Here in Busan?" she tilts her head. He shook his head. "In Seoul. Here in South Korea. Have you thought about it?"

Sunny was in deep thought. "Well, it comes to my mind, but I don't see any reason to stay here. And I kind of used to the weather in the Philippines," she said. Seung Hyun stops walking and looks at her. She looks up at him. He looks like he was offended. Then, Sunny realized what she said.

"I mean, my work is in Cebu, right?" she smiles awkwardly. Seung Hyun slightly smiles and looks ahead of him. They start walking again. Sunny doesn't know, but she feels like she said something hurtful to him. On the other hand, Seung Hyun kind of expect her to say that she will stay, but he's a bit disappointed with her having no reason to stay in Seoul. He can't blame her. Her work and family are in Cebu.

"So, what now?" He looks at his watch. "It's 1:13 am. What shall we do next?" Seung Hyun asks. Sunny shrugs. She just likes the fact that she's with him.

"I can walk you home now if you want," he suggested, but in his mind, he doesn't want her to do that.

"Or we can wait for that sunrise as we did before?" she blurts out. She blushed when she realized what she did. She let go of his arm and covers her face with her hands. She was so embarrassed. Seung Hyun chuckles. She's cute like this. He then removes her hands from her face. She looks up to him while pouting and scowling.

"Let's go," he said.

---

Seung Hyun let Sunny enter his room first. He did get the same room he had last year. Sunny puts down her backpack on the sofa and takes off her hoodie jacket and cap. Seung Hyun also removes his beanie, hoodie, and mask. He's wearing soft-looking denim long sleeve polo. He went to the mini-bar and took out two wine glasses. He opens a bottle of wine and pours each glass some wine.

Sunny sat down on the sofa and took out her phone. She opens her music playlist and plays some songs. Seung Hyun carried the glasses and brought them to her. He sat beside her and gave her one glass. She takes it.

"When will you be back at work?" she asks.

"This July. I have two TV appearances, photoshoots, and recordings to do. It wasn't hectic, though, because Ji Yong isn't here." he chuckles. She just nodded and sipped her wine.

"How about you? What are you going to do before you go back to Cebu?"

She shrugs. "I'm not sure. Soo Hyuk asks me to hang out again before I go back. I'm also meeting Brandon and his fiancé. I might visit Sokcho too." she said. Seung Hyun sighs and rests his back on the sofa. "I hope I can go with you there," he said.

"But you're busy."

"I know." he sips his wine.

"I can visit you during work if you want." she offers. He glances at her and smiles. "You will?"

She nodded. "I want to see you at work. I've seen you at home and with friends but not at work," she points out, and he agrees. "Okay. Come along on my recording and shoots," he said amusingly. Sunny raised her glass at him before sipping again.

"So, meeting with Brandon and his fiancé," he said. Sunny smirks. 'Here we go again,' she thought.

"Joon Hee said that Brandon and his fiancé want to meet me over a meal. His fiancé is a fan, so that I will be meeting them. Brandon hasn't messaged me yet, though." Sunny said.

"I see. I would want to join you, but it's a meeting, so..." he shrugs. Sunny chuckles and shook her head. "You just want to meet and see Brandon in person." she points out.

"True. I'm just curious about him. I've been jealous of him these past few months. How can I not be curious?" he paused. "What does he do?"

"He's the head engineer in a construction company here in Seoul. It's their family business. He will inherit the company when he turns 40." she said.

"Is he tall?" he asks.

Sunny looks at him. "Not taller than you," she said. He smiles. "How old is he?"

"He's only 28 years old." Sunny smiles sweetly. Seung Hyun scowls at her, and that made her laugh. "Oppa, stop. He's just a friend."

"I know. It's just your face." he pouts.

"What?"

"You're beautiful." he blurts loudly. Sunny giggles and finishes her wine. Then she takes her bag and opens it. As usual, she's carrying her sketchpad. She also takes out her pencil and eraser. She opens a few pages and continues her sketch of a coffee table. Seung Hyun looks at it.

"Coffee table?" he asks. She nodded.

"Is there a new chair design in there?" he curiously asks. She just nodded as she starts sketching. Seung Hyun remains quiet and watches

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter