Nine

Until I See You Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ji Yong and Seung Hyun are in the dance room, practicing their dance for the upcoming guesting in Yoo Hee Yeol's Sketchbook. Lee Jae Wook watches them as they dance for the 18th time that day. After the song ends, Jae Wook called for a fifteen-minute break before their last two practice sets.

"Hyung, we're in our 30's now. You treat us like we're trainees!" Ji Yong hissed as he grabs bottled water and drinks it.

"Yah. If I give you special treatment, your hoobaes will question me. Young Bae and Dae Sung are okay with their choreographies. They even do it thirty times a day." Jae Wook points out. Then, he looks at Seung Hyun. "Are you doing cardio exercises?" he asks.

Seung Hyun nodded. "Yeah. Why?"

"I just noticed that you're catching up with Ji Yong's stamina." Jae Wook said. Seung Hyun smirks while Ji Yong rolled his eyes.

"Hello, Hyung." someone said.

They looked at the entrance of the dance room and saw Mino enters.

"Mino-yah. What's up?" Ji Yong asks. Mino approaches them and bows to them. "I just drop by to check you guys. I just finished a recording a while ago." Mino said. Then, he looks at Seung Hyun. "Hyung, someone is looking for you. She said she's a friend of yours."

"Who?" Seung Hyun asks.

"I don't know. I went out to buy something at the store outside when I saw her. She was looking for you. She was about to call you, but her phone's battery died. I let her in and wait in the cafeteria. I told her to wait there as I look at you. She's pretty," Mino said shyly.

"Sunny?" Ji Yong asks.

"Sunny? Seung Hyun's girlfriend?" Jae Wook asks. Seung Hyun suddenly stood up and rushed outside the dance studio. Mino, Jae Wook, and Ji Yong follow him.

Seung Hyun was nervous. It's been 10 days since Sunny went back to Cebu. Is it possible that she's back? He was hopeful.

When they arrived at the cafeteria, they saw a woman sitting on one of the chairs. Her back is facing them. She's wearing a black trench coat.

Mino approaches the woman. "Miss, Seung Hyun Hyung is here," he said. The woman looks around and smiles. It was Baek Min Jung. Aside from Baek Min Jung, they all noticed the disappointment of Seung Hyun's expression. He was hoping that it was Sunny.

Min Jung stood up and bows to him. Seung Hyun approaches her, followed by Ji Yong and Jae Wook.

"Hi, Choi Seung Hyun-ssi. I'm sorry for intruding," she said.

"It's fine, Min Jung-ah. By the way, you know Mino and Ji Yong, right?" he asks. She nodded. "This is Lee Jae Wook, our choreographer and friend. Guys, this is Baek Min Jung. Sunny and I are friends with her and her husband, Brandon Kim," he said. Ji Yong looks at Seung Hyun. "Brandon Kim?" he asks again. Seung Hyun scowls at him.

"You know my husband?" Min Jung asks Ji Yong.

"Ahh... Yeah. Sunny mentioned him to us." Ji Yong reason out. Min Jung smiles happily.

"It's nice to meet all of you." Min Jung said.

"So, what can I help you, Min Jung-ah?" Seung Hyun asks her. Then, Min Jung opens her bag she takes out a couple of envelopes. Seung Hyun looked at it quizzically.

"Brandon and I are launching our furniture outlet soon. I would like to invite you to the launching of it if you guys aren't busy," she said as she gives the invitation to Seung Hyun and Ji Yong. She also gives an invitation to Jae Wook and Mino.

"Furniture outlet?" Seung Hyun asks.

"Yes. We are exporting furniture from different parts of the world. Ohh... We'll be exporting Sunny's SH Sunrise Collections too." she said. That piques Seung Hyun's interest.

"Is she coming on the launch?"

"She hasn't confirmed it yet. Brandon mentioned a convention in Italy that Sunny is attending soon. Either she will send Joon Hee or his father as her representative. We're still waiting for her confirmation." Min Jung said.

Sunny did mention the convention in Italy. Seung Hyun sighs. "I'll look on to this on my schedule, Min Jung-ah. But congratulations in advance," he said.

"Thank you. We're excited about it. Sunny is excited too because her works will be more popular here because of the outlet." she said happily. Seung Hyun just nodded.

"Ohh... It's a day before Seung Hyun's birthday." Jae Wook points out while looking at the invitation. Ji Yong looks at it. "You're right. We're free that week. We'll come." Ji Yong said. Seung Hyun looks at Ji Yong.

"What? Sunny's SH Sunrise line will be launch there. She needs our support with or without her there. And besides, either Joon Hee or her dad will be there. Is it better you are there to be with them, especially if it is Sunny's dad?" Ji Yong points out.

Of course, Ji Yong has a point, but for him, it's better if Sunny is there. He smiles at Min Jung. "We'll be there," he said.

"Ohh... Thank you, Seung Hyun-ssi," she said. She then looks at her watch. "Ohh... I better go. I'm meeting my husband for dinner. Really, thank you for your time. See you at the launch party." she bows to them before she headed her way out. Seung Hyun released a huge sigh.

Jae Wook pats his shoulder. "Yah, it's okay. Even Sunny isn't there. She still needs your support for his furniture line," he said.

"I know." Seung Hyun said.

"Hyung, your girlfriend is the owner of SH Sunrise?" Mino asks. Seung Hyun just nodded. "Wow. She's so cool. I saw one of her works in Eun Ji Won Hyung's home. It's cool. I was planning to buy a chair for my studio. I'm glad I have these," he shows his invitation. "Can I bring someone to this event?" he asks.

"I think that's fine. The more, the merrier." Seung Hyun said. Mino whispers 'yes'.

"Okay. Let's go back to our practice so we can have dinner too," Ji Yong said. "Do you have a schedule, Mino?"

"None, Hyung. I was about to head home," he said.

"Then come with us and have dinner." Ji Yong said.

"Yes, Hyung. I'll just tell my manager." Mino said as he took out his phone.

---

"Are you there already?" Sunny asks.

"I'm just a block away. Everyone is there already," Seung Hyun said. He sighs. "I wish you were here."

"I know," she said. "Joon Hee is there, though. He's giving a speech, so support him."

"Yes, Ma'am," Seung Hyun said with a smirk on his face. Seung Hyun saw from the entrance of the venue. The media is outside. He sighs. "I'm here already. I'll call you later."

"Okay, baby. Have a great time there. Bye," Sunny hangs up. Seung Hyun frowns. She didn't even say 'I love you' to him like she usually does ever since they told each other those words before she returns to Cebu.

The driver opens the door for him, and he gets out. The cameras start flashing for him. He keeps his usually serious expression. He wouldn't smile to press people ever since his comeback. He just stays for 5 seconds on the photo opt, and he enters the venue.

The staff leads her to the function hall where the launch will be held. He noticed that there are many SH Sunrise Furniture on display. It was also up for sale. He saw the group of Ji Yong. With him are Dara, Dae Sung, Jae Wook, Mino, and Yoon.

"Finally, you're here!" Ji Yong said.

"Yeah. Sorry, I'm a bit late." he looks at Mino and Yoon. "Hi," he said and bows to them. The two WINNER men bows back to him. "I'm glad you two came." Seung Hyun said.

Yoon smiles brightly. "We're excited about this, Hyung. We're fans of SH Sunrise." He stated. Mino nods in agreement. "We must purchase some items before they sold out," he said.

"Where is Young Bae?" Seung Hyun asks.

"He can't come. Eun Ran Noona is not feeling well. They just send some flowers to congratulate Sunny. Seungri sends flowers, too," Dae Sung said. Seung Hyun nodded.

"Hyung!" someone said. They looked around. It was Joon Hee, but he wasn't alone. Behind him are Auntie Jenny and a man in his early 60's. Seung Hyun gulped. Sunny's father.

Joon Hee greats them. Upon seeing Mino and Yoon, Joon Hee looks like a fanboy again. He introduces himself to them before he went back beside his parents.

"Everyone, again, this is our mom, Song Jin Hee, and this is our father, Woo Yoo An. Mom, Dad, this is Noona's friends--"

"You're our friend, too." Dae Sung points out. Joon Hee smiles before introducing them one by one until he reaches Seung Hyun.

"...and lastly, this is Choi Seung Hyun, Noona's boyfriend." Joon Hee said.

"Good day, Mr. and Mrs. Woo. I'm Choi Seung Hyun." Seung Hyun said and bows to them.

Jenny smiles at him. "We know. I met you when you went to Cebu, right? And please, just call me Auntie Jenny." she said. Seung Hyun bows to her. Then, he looks at Yoo An. He has a serious expression on his face while looking at him. Even their friends seem to feel the intensity of how Yoo An looks at Seung Hyun.

Yoo An stepped forward and held his hand out to Seung Hyun. He smiles at Seung Hyun. "It's nice to meet you, Seung Hyun-ah, finally." Yoo An said. Seung Hyun holds his hand in a respectful way and bows to him. "Nice to meet you, too, sir," he said before letting go of his hand.

"You don't have to be formal. Just call me Uncle Yuan," he pats his shoulder. "I want to meet you ever since my daughter told me that you visited our restaurant. Unfortunately, we're both busy men." Yoo An said. Seung Hyun just nodded.

Sunny's family interacts with them. Joon Hee talks with Mino and Yoon, Jenny is talking with Jae Wook, Ji Yong, and Dara while Yoo An is having a conversation with Seung Hyun and Dae Sung, mostly Dae Sung and Yoo An since Seung Hyun still feel nervous around Yoo An even he finds him a friendly and simple man. Dae Sung is doing a good job of talking to him.

The program is about to start to Joon Hee leads them to their seats. Seung Hyun was with the Woo's while the others are at the other table. Thankfully, Seung Hyun is sitting beside Joon Hee, and there a seat between him and Jenny. The MC starts the program.

To Seung Hyun surprised, it wasn't a furniture outlet. It was a Seoul branch of SH Sunrise Collection. He even introduces Brandon Kim as the Branch President. He gave a speech regarding his visions and goals for SH Sunrise Collection. After him, the MC introduced Baek Min Jung as the General Manager of the Seoul Branch. She also gave a speech on how she visualizes SH Sunrise in the homes of Korean families.

After her speech, the MC asks them to watch a video presentation of the history of the SH Sunrise Collection. From the CEO, Sunny, to her vision and mission, how she started from an architect to give her first design and produced furniture to a friend (she didn't mention that it was Seung Hyun) the other history. After the video presentation, the MC announces the last speaker of the day before starting the socialization and selling of the displayed items available.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, may I present to you, the CEO and Founder of SH Sunrise Collection, Woo Sun Hee." the MC said. Seung Hyun, along with his friends, was surprised Sunny comes out from the door near the stage. She goes up with the help of the MC, and the MC gave the mic to her. She greeted everyone and gave a speech. She hopes that she'll be able to introduce her craft in South Korea. When her speech was about to end, Joon Hee nudges Seung Hyun and signals him to follow him. Seung Hyun went with him, but he can't get his eyes off Sunny. He's afraid that she's just a dream or something. Joon Hee took a large bouquet of pink roses and gave it to Seung Hyun.

"What's this?" Seung Hyun asks.

"After Noona's speech, go up there and gave it to her."

"Why me?"

"You don't want to? I'll ask Dae Sung Hyung, then." Joon Hee said as he was about to walk. Seung Hyun stops him. "Fine, fine." he took a deep breath. "Do I look okay?" he asked Joon Hee.

"Hyung, even you wore a potato sack, Noona will still find you handsome." Joon Hee said. They heard a round of applause as Sunny finishes her speech. Joon Hee pointed Seung Hyun to the stage. He went up there and approached Sunny. She was smiling at him, and he can see the happiness in her eyes. He presents her the flower, and she accepts it. He leans towards her.

"You have a lot of explaining to do," he said.

"I'll tell you later," she said. She holds on to his arm and pulls him beside him. The event photographer took photos of them together. After that, Seung Hyun helped Sunny down. They approached her parents first. She places the flower on her seat. Her parents congratulate her, Joon Hee too.

Then, they went to Ji Yong's table.

"Yah. You surprised us." Ji Yong said as he gave Sunny a brief hug. Dara hugs her, too. "Congratulations, Sunny-yah," Dara said. Sunny thanked her.

"Woo Sun Hee. Aigooyah. How did you manage to open a branch here without us knowing it." Dae Sung asks. He embraces Sunny before letting her go.

"Brandon and Min Jung managed it. They are the mastermind since this is their investment." Sunny explains to them.

"By the way, this is Lee Jae Wook, the sixth member of BIGBANG." Dae Sun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter