Seven

Until I See You Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Yah! Stop fidgeting! You look like you're in shock or something." Joon Hee told her sister. They are in his car and on their way to dinner in a hotel. Sunny wipes her hand on the skirt of her dress. Joon Hee chuckles.

"Are you this nervous when you meet the members of BIGBANG?" he asks.

"No. When I meet Seungri, it was okay. He's nice and funny. Then, I met Ji Yong and Dae Sung, I was shocked initially, but I got over it immediately. Then, when I meet Tae Yang, I'm more in awe at his and Eun Ran Unnie's presence." she said.

"Then why are you so nervous right now?" he asks.

"Joon Hee, it's his sister and nephew who he loves dearly. I don't know if they will like me or not," she said honestly. Joon Hee shook his head. His sister is nervous because they are having dinner with Seung Hyun's sister and nephew. She even demands Joon Hee something formal, so Joon Hee wears a nice dress shirt and a casual dark blue suit. Sunny wears an off-white dress and heels.

They arrived at the hotel. Sunny took a deep breath as Joon Hee got out of the car and gave the car valet man his key. The man gives him a tab to claim his key back. Joon Hee opens the door for her, and she gets out of the car. Sunny holds on to his arm. Joon Hee was about to walk when Sunny stops him. He looks at his sister.

"Do I look okay?" she asks worriedly. Joon Hee laughs. "Yes. You look beautiful. Relax, will you? It's just a dinner." he said casually.

"Joon Hee-yah." Sunny whines. Joon Hee pats her hand. "If you feel uncomfortable, we will leave. I will not say any words. I'll just drag you out of there, okay?" he said. Sunny sighs. She has never been this nervous. Even in her final exam in college, board exam, the launch of her furniture line, she wasn't nervous. Meeting Seung Hyun's sister is a big deal for her. Dara assures her that Choi Hye Youn is nice, but she still feels nervous.

"Okay! It's now or never. Let's go." she said. She and Joon Hee went inside the hotel. Joon Hee asks the receptionist where is the hotel restaurant. An employee accompanies them to the restaurant on the third floor. Upon arriving there, Joon Hee told the receptionist that they are guests of Hye Youn Choi since Hye Youn makes the reservation. The receptionist leads them to the private dining room of that restaurant. The receptionist knocks first before opening the door for them. Joon Hee enters first, followed by Sunny. Inside the room, there is a little boy that Sunny recognized. Seung Hyun's nephew, Yeon Jun, and beside him is a sophisticated-looking woman, Choi Hye Youn. Seung Hyun stood up and walked towards them. He greeted Joon Hee first by shaking his hand.

"It's great to see you again, Joon Hee-ssi." Seung Hyun said.

"Great to see you too, Seung Hyun-ssi. Thank you for inviting us." Joon Hee said confidently. Seung Hyun smiles. "It's nothing. And please talk to me casually. Just call me Seung Hyun or Hyung."

Joon Hee grins and nods. "Okay. Hyung." Joon Hee looks at his sister. She was staring at her feet. He nudges her, so she looks up to him. "What?" she asks nervously.

Seung Hyun approaches his girlfriend. Sunny stares at him.

"Hi," he said before hugging her. Sunny awkwardly hugs him back. She knows that his sister is watching them, so she doesn't want to make any wrong move. "Hi," she mutters. Seung Hyun misses her badly. It's been 25 days since the last time she saw her. The video calls are not enough for him. How he wished she's always near him. He leans back, but his hand stays on her waist. "Is it the fact that you're so pretty tonight, or I just missed you badly?" he asks her.

Sunny smacks his arm lightly at his arm. "Yah," he warns him. Seung Hyun chuckles. Then, he faces his sister and pushes Sunny a bit forward. Sunny is directly facing Choi Hye Youn, who was standing in front of her now.

"Noona, this is Woo Joon Hee, Sunny's brother." Seung Hyun directs his hand to Joon Hee. Joon Hee bows to Hye Youn, and she bows back. Then Seung Hyun looks at Sunny. "And this is Woo Sun Hee, my girlfriend. Baby, this is Choi Hye Youn, my Noona, and this cute boy is my nephew, Yeon Jun."

Sunny bows to Hye Youn. "Hello. I'm Woo Sun Hee. It's nice to meet you."

Hye Youn bows back to her. "Nice to meet you. I'm Choi Hye Youn. Seung Hyun's sister. And this is Yeon Jun," Hye Youn said while looking down at her son, who's hugging her waist. "My son."

Sunny smiles at Yeon Jun. "Hi, Yeon Jun-ie."

"Hi." Yeon Jun greets her. Then, Hye Youn asks everyone to sit down. It was a round table, so it's Joon Hee, Sunny, Seung Hyun, Yeon Jun, and Hye Youn. They called the waiter, and they start serving their appetizer.

"So, Sunny, I just know that you design furniture, but Seung Hyun said that when he first meets you, you were an architect. Is that true?" Hye Youn asks.

"Yes. I'm a licensed architect, but I resigned from my job last December due to personal reasons. I was planning to apply in some construction firms, but designing furniture became my passion." Sunny explains.

"I see. Don't you miss it? Being an architect?"

"I do, sometimes. I sometimes do some drawings of possible homes that I envision," she said.

"Actually, Noona did something recently." Joon Hee said. Sunny looks at her brother and gives him a 'WTF look'.

"What is it?" Seung Hyun asks. Sunny looks back at her boyfriend. "Remember when we talked last week? We have this running joke of you asking me to design a family home for you. You told me some details about it, and I made a draft of it." she said shyly.

Seung Hyun looks excited. "Really? Why you didn't show me?" he inquired.

"It was just a draft. I just drew what you told me, but I made it a family home, not an art gallery." she points out. Hye Youn laughs. "That's so true. His home is an art gallery alone. I always look out for Yeon Jun because I don't want him ruining his Uncle's art collections." Hye Youn smiles.

Seung Hyun places his hand on Sunny's back. "Can I see the draft?" he asks.

Sunny shook her head. "No. It's just a draft. And I'm not satisfied with it." she said. Yeon Jun went off of his chair and went to Joon Hee's side. He shows him his toy car, and Joon Hee entertains him.

"It must be a lovely draft, anyway." Hye Youn said. "I saw the chair you gave to Seung Hyun on his birthday last year. It's stunning."

"Thank you." Sunny bows to her. Suddenly, Hye Youn's phone rings. It's her husband calling. She excused herself and went out. Joon Hee is busy talking to Yeon Jun, so Sunny and Seung Hyun face each other.

"Are you okay?" Seung Hyun asks. Sunny nodded. "Yes. I was nervous before we came here. I was scared that your sister wouldn't like me." she pouts.

"That's impossible. With Dara Noona and Eun Ran Noona's convincing power, my Noona likes you even before meeting you." Seung Hyun said. Sunny chuckles. Then, she stares at Seung Hyun. He looks livelier, and he seems to gain more muscles. Sunny reaches for his jaw and cup it with her hand. Seung Hyun leans to her touch.

"I miss you, baby," she said. Seung Hyun smiles at her. "I miss you more."

"Why you look more handsome? It makes me wonder if women are trying to get your attention while I'm away." she jokes. Seung Hyun smirks. "They can try, but I only want your attention. For your eyes only." he jokingly says. Both of them laugh.

"By the way, I'll be in Seoul for a week soon," she said. Seung Hyun's face lights up. "Really? Why?"

"Brandon and his fiancé are getting married. Joon Hee is the best man, and I will be attending too," she said. Seung Hyun nodded. "I see. When are you coming?"

"I'm not sure yet, but it's either the last week of September or the first week of October," she said.

"Will you visit me when you're in Seoul?" he asks. She nodded. "Yeah. I want to see the chair that I made and check where did you put it." she points out. Seung Hyun smiles and rests his forehead on Sunny's shoulder. Sunny pats his head. "You missed the chair more than me?"

"Yes. And your home." she teases him. Seung Hyun looks up to her while pouting. Sunny laughs and adore his cuteness. That was the scene Hye Youn witnesses. Her brother is staring lovingly at his girlfriend and acting cutely while Sunny stares back at him adoringly. Her brother is a sensitive man. He looks intimidating, but he's a kid inside. He's the oldest member of BIGBANG, but sometimes, he acts like he's the maknae, to the point that Seungri, their real maknae, babies him.

Hye Youn is glad that Seung Hyun meets someone like Sunny. From what she heard about her, aside from the fact that she's beautiful, a successful businesswoman, and an architect, she's also kind, thoughtful, loyal, and understanding. According to Dara and Eun Ran, Sunny never treats them as a celebrity. When she became known because she's associated with them and the launch of her furniture line, Sunny remains the same Sunny they meet before fame.

Sunny feels like someone is watching them, so she looks around and saw Hye Youn watching them. Sunny scoots away from Seung Hyun, which made Seung Hyun almost fall from his seat. He looks at his sister, who's smiling at them. He sighs and sits properly. Joon Hee and Yeon Jun are laughing together because of the little magic Joon Hee did.

"Yeon Jun-ah, go back to your seat. Let Joon Hee Hyung eat, okay? You can play with him later." Hye Youn told her son. Yeon Jun pouts. Joon Hee whispers something to him, and Yeon Jun smiles and nodded. He returns to his seat immediately. Hye Youn returns to her seat.

"You like kids, Joon Hee?" Seung Hyun asks.

"Yes, Hyung." Joon Hee answers.

"He loves kids. He even volunteers at some orphanage in Cebu during the summer. He does it for free, and sometimes, he will bring his friends to volunteer. I think he's longing for a younger sibling." Sunny said.

"Noona, why do I need a younger sibling if I have you? I tend to be a big brother every time." Joon Hee huffs.

Hye Youn looks at Joon Hee. "Why is that?"

"Noona maybe 8 years older than me, but she's a baby. She's a bit immature sometimes."

"Yah," Sunny warns her brother. Joon Hee, Seung Hyun, and Hye Youn chuckle. Sunny looks at Hye Youn and smiles awkwardly.

"I get that. I feel very protective of my Noona too." Seung Hyun said.

"The difference is I am mature, and he's a baby." Hye Youn points out. Sunny giggles, which made Seung Hyun looks at her. Sunny stops giggling and keep a straight face.

The waiters arrived with their main course meals. Sunny is very attentive to her brother and Seung Hyun. Hye Youn noticed that Seung Hyun is slicing his steak in bite-size pieces. He doesn't do that before. Until he took Sunny's plate of steak and replaced it with his. Sunny thanked him. Hye Youn feels happy for her brother.

When it's dessert time, Sunny excuses herself to go to the ladies' room, she went out of their private dining room and looks for a ladies' room. After she did what she has to, she went to the sink to wash her hands and look at herself in the mirror. She did well so far. She's glad that she had Joon Hee with her.

Suddenly, Hye Youn enters the ladies' room. Sunny suddenly feels nervous. She takes some tissues to dry her hands.

"Sunny-yah." Hye Youn calls her.

Sunny faces Hye Youn. "Yes?"

"Thank you."

Sunny blinks. Hye Youn is thanking her. Why?

"For what, Hye Youn-ssi?" she asks.

"For making my brother happy," she said. "I never saw him this happy since their comeback in 2015. He dated some girls before, but he wasn't like this happy with them. You make my brother happy, and I'm grateful for that."

Sunny doesn't know how to answers her. "Seung Hyun makes me happy too." she babbled. Hye Youn nodded. "I noticed. I worry too much for him. He's in his 30's, but I feel like he's still my little brother that I need to protect. I know you understand me because you have Joon Hee." Hye Youn points out. Sunny agrees.

Hye Youn took Sunny's hands and held them. "Sunny-yah, I hope you keep on supporting and liking Seung Hyun. My brother deserves so much happiness, and I know you're the only person capable of giving him that." Hye Youn told her.

"I will do my best, Hye Youn-ssi," Sunny said. Hye Youn patted her hand. "Just call me Unnie," she said. Sunny nodded.

"Let's go back inside?" Hye Youn asks. Sunny just follow her lead.

When they return to the dining room, Seung Hyun noticed that Sunny is more relax now. He smiles inside. His Noona talk to her in the ladies' room to ease her.

They have their dessert, which Joon Hee and Yeon Jun both enjoyed together. Hye Youn and Sunny talk about Hye Youn's plan to buy a property in Tagaytay. Sunny suggested lots of stuff at her to Hye Youn's pleasure. Seung Hyun is amazed that being an architect is still in Sunny's blood.

After their dessert, they decided to walk around a bit at the nearby park. Hye Youn excuses herself so he can pay for their meal and go to the ladies' room quickly. Sunny offers to pay to but Hye Youn insists since she's the one who invited them. Joon Hee and Yeon Jun are focused on the indoor fountain as Sunny and Seung Hyun watches them.

"You think they will separate later when we all need to go home?" Seung Hyun asks.

Sunny shrugs. "I think Yeon Jun can manage. I don't know about Joon Hee," she said seriously. Seung Hyun laughs and places his hand on her waist, and pulls her close to him.

"Excited for the concert tomorrow?" he asks. She nodded. "Yeah. My light stick and banner are prepared. Joon Hee is excited too." she looks at Seung Hyun. "Thanks for the backstage pass, though. Joon Hee is in fanboy mode when he saw the tickets. He likes Tae Yang."

"I'm glad," he said. She scowls at him. "You're not jealous that he's a Tae Yang stan?"

"Not at all. As long as it wasn't you who stan other BIGBANG members aside from me," he said. Sunny shook her head and smiles.

"Sunny-yah?"

Sunny looks around and saw a person she hasn't seen for more than a year.

"Nam Mi Soon," she said.

Seung Hyun at the woman who calls Sunny's name. She's the same height as Sunny. She has short hair, and she's stylish. The woman is smiling at her.

"Long time no see, Sunny-yah," she said while smiling at her. Then, she looks at the man beside Sunny. She covers her lips upon recognizing him. Sunny looks back at Seung Hyun. He's expressionless.

"T-T-T.O.P." Mi Soon stutters. "You're T.O.P!"

"Seung Hyun-ah, this is Nam Mi Soon, my college classmate," Sunny said blankly. "Mi Soon, this is Choi Seung Hyun."

"Her boyfriend." Seung Hyun added. Mi Soon looks more shocked upon hearing it from him. "So, it's true. You are dating T.O.P!" Mi Soon said.

Sunny didn't answer her. Mi Soon is talking to her like nothing happens. Seung Hyun noticed that Sunny is uncomfortable having Mi Soon around.

"I'm watching Tae Yang's concert tomorrow. I'm staying at this hotel," Mi Soon says out of nowhere while still looking at Seung Hyun. "You're a guest there, right?" she asks sweetly.

"Yeah." Seung Hyun's short answer.

Mi Soon looks back at Sunny. "I only managed to get a Patron seat. I bet you have a front-row seat and a backstage pass." Mi Soon smiles at her. "I remember those days that you're so fed up with me when I fangirl hard over BIGBANG. Now, you are dating one of them!" Mi Soon said happily.

Sunny snaps and glares at Mi Soon, "Yah!" she warns Mi Soon.

"What? It's true. You were a bookworm during college. When we graduated and start working, you become a workaholic. I even need to beg you to come with me to their first and second concerts." Mi Soon sighs. "Aren't you glad that you and Jason broke up? If that didn't happen, yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter