Ch.9

Little wolfie

They tried to get information on people who attacked yong and byul, but couldn’t find any. Detective who Moonbyul hired also didn’t find anything, even though he had Wheein’s drawing of their faces, as byul and yong described.

   After a week Moonbyul was almost fully recovered, so she wanted to take Wheein out on a date, that she owned her.

   “hey wheepup what are you doing right now?”

   “nothing much unnie. Why are you calling? Usually you just text”

   “Wheeinah can you dress up a bit? I’m going to take you on a date” Moonbyul said in her excited hamster voice. “oh and dress more on the casual-comfy date style”

   “okay unnie!”

   Wheein could barely contain her excitement. She wanted Moonbyul to know how much she wanted her, so she decided to say it before the next full moon, which is going to be in a few days.

   Moonbyul took Wheein to foodfest that was going on almost a week now so it wasn’t that crowded anymore. She didn’t want Wheein to feel uncomfortable. She loved watching Wheeinie get excited like a puppy when she saw all the different types of food. She could swear she was seeing her ears and tail wagging, so she unconsciously patted her head. Wheein got surprised by sudden touch, needless to say, that she definitely loved it.

   They ate a lot after which Whee wanted some ice-cream. ‘she is just like a child’ thought Moonbyul and smiled lovingly. After buying ice-cream as they were going back to their seats Moonbyul saw a little dog.

   “look, Wheeinah! I found your little sister or brother” said Moonbyul with a cute little chuckle.

   Wheein looked around with a surprised expression at first, but then when she noticed the little dog she got what byulie meant.

   “ haha unnie very funny” but still she said it while smiling. “but it’s very cute, leggo pet it” she said excitedly.

   “yeah very cute, but not cuter than my wheepup” byul said with a smirk.

   “by the way wheeinah I have been curious about one thing for a while – can you talk to… I mean communicate with dogs? You know because you’re a… umm… yeah…”

   “what’s this unnie?” Wheein laughed wholeheartedly “no unnie, no I can’t” she said it between her laugh.

   Moonbyul got embarrassed at her own kinda stupid question. She could feel how embarrassment crept it’s way to her cheeks.

   They played with the dog until the owner had to go. After that, they went to walk around. They saw some game stalls but their eyes caught shooting range game in which you win toys if you at the very least shoot nine targets out of ten. Moonbyul liked this and wanted to try and win the biggest teddy bear to impress wheeinie, but she lost miserably. She tried again, now she got closer to winning, but still lost.

   “unnie what prize were you aiming for?”

   “I wanted to win that big teddy bear” byul said with sad but cute pout.

   “okay lemme win it for ya!” wheeinie said with determination in her voice.

   “nononono, you don’t have to” byulie said hoping that Wheein wouldn’t notice her embarrassment, after all, she wanted it for wheeinie, but her wheepup was already paying for another round. Wheein got ten out of ten on her first try and won exactly that teddy bear. That was even more embarrassing for Moonbyul now. She wanted to dig a hole and hide in it right now.

   They played other games too. Moonbyul won every racing ones especially ones with motorcycles, she actually won every game that didn’t involve shooting. It was already getting darker so byul decided to get on the second part of her plan.

   They put toys they won on the backseat and byul took out some black cloth out of her car’s glove box.

   “wheeinah can I cover your eyes with this? Next destination is a surprise that I don’t want you to see from the car window”

   “okay unnie, but if it’s a restaurant or something like that you know that I’ll smell it right?”

   “you still have a place for food in your stomach?”

   “you’re making me sound like I eat a lot -_-“

   “ just kidding”

   Moonbyul covered her eyes and drove to her favourite secret place. The place where she goes when she needs some alone time to think and just enjoy the view.

   “okay now you can open your eyes”

   “wow unnie… this place is… the view is so beautiful from here”

   “ I know right, this is my favourite place. This is where I always come alone… this is kinda my secret place to escape from reality and now you know about it.”

   “now you can’t escape from me anymore Moon Byul Yi”

   “hahaha I would never even dare”

   They sat there for a while enjoying the night view of the ocean of city lights. They could see the whole Seoul from there.

   “unnie…”

   “hm?”

   “why aren’t you… umm… uhg how to say this?” Wheein was struggling to find word how to express what she wanted. “unnie do you find me y?”

   Moonbyul was dumbfounded for a good moment before answering.

   “o-of c-course I find you y! What made you think like I don’t? did I do something wrong or..?”

   “then what took you so long before answering unnie?” wheeinie pouted really hard and that was the cutest thing byul had ever seen. She could see whee’s dimple, her cute mochi cheeks, her puppiest eyes, even imagined her tail like a sad dog’s.

   “the question was too sudden for me, but what made you think like that anyway?”

   “it’s just that unnie only kisses me on lips and doesn’t try anything else even though we already had ”

   That was it for Moonbyul. All this time that she stopped and restrained herself got its limits and now it was over. She quietly stood up, then offered her hand to Wheein signaling her to also get up. She seated Wheein in the passenger’s seat without saying a word and drove.

   Wheeinie got anxious because Moonbyul didn’t say a word at all. She didn’t know what to think. Did she made byulie angry? She should’ve dropped and forget about it, cuz now she wouldn’t be guessing what’s on byul’s mind.

   Their trip back was absolutely quiet, not even radio played in the car and when Wheein finally decided to straighten her head she noticed that this road wasn’t leading to her apartment, it was leading to byul’s.

 

 

 

   should I end this soon like in 5 chapters or something or just go on as it is?