Moon

Byun, the Californian Prince

Humming to a tune and tapping his pen on his desk, the man later bit at the top of his pen as he moved his fingers on his keyboard. He stopped for a moment until he played the same tune again and exhaled deeply. He ran his hand through his not so short yet slightly wavy black hair and leaned back into the chair he has been sitting on for the past few days. A knock came from the door of his self-built personal studio and he slid over to unlock the door.

 

"Still not done?" Yixing asked, removing his cap and sitting on the empty chair besides him. "You look lile you drank more than ten small cups of coffee."

 

"That's because I did." Chanyeol said as he reached over his eleventh cup and downed it. "Why are you here?" He asked as he looked over his Rolex watch.

 

"One: you're my close friend. Two: you're all over the news."

 

Chanyeol chuckled lowly as he adjusted his chair to lean back and raised his legs to rest on his desk. "Why am I on the news? Haven't heard of myself publicly for a year."

 

Yixing sighed while closing his eyes. "Obviously." He breathed out.

 

The giant leaned over and grabbed the bag from Yixing's hand and searched inside for his earl grey tea packets. He smiled widely once he found them and opened the box. Yixing looked over at the younger's music sheet and his laptop before grabbing his attention.

 

"Aren't you scared?" Yixing asked.

 

Chanyeol shook his head without hesitation. "Shouldn't you be scared? You're hiding me so well and managing to come back and forth from China to here."

 

"I have no fears. If I get caught, then you have to come back without a doubt. Besides, if I get in trouble it wouldn't matter because you are the one who ran away for something greater than what you believe is better than royalty."

 

"I don't want to go back to be caged up as a prince of Seoul. Matter of fact, I don't even know what's happening." Chanyeol chuckled as he reached over to grab his guitar. "Not that I ever cared, but how much could've changed? Did we rekindle back with the Byuns?" Yixing pressed his lips together and shook his head.

 

Chanyeol strummed a few chords on the guitar as he stared at his laptop. "Then everything is the same for a dumb prince like me." He said lowly and stuck his guitar pick between his teeth.

 

The elder stood up from his seat and fished out his wallet in his jean pocket. He pulled out a few bills and handed it to Chanyeol. "I owe you for the bet we made."

 

"What bet?" Chanyeol slowly took the money out of his hands. "What did I make with you?"

 

"You made a bet that you would make a song. I doubted you, but here you are so focused to the point you forget your own bet." They both laughed. "So keep going at it. I can't wait to hear it." Yixing left it at where it was and made his way out of the studio.

 

Chanyeol stared at the money he received and snuck it inside of his shorts before playing a small song on the guitar. For the whole night, he paid no attention to the messages he was receiving from people who work for him under his family.

 

While this was happening, Baekhyun was rubbing the hair dye into his cousin's scalp while looking at Jongin try to find the man of his dreams based on what he saw from the photo Jongdae showed.

 

"Nope. Nope. Oh god no." Baekhyun said as Jongin scrolled through every photo he saw. "Why is Jongdae hiding him from me? Does he like him?"

 

"Maybe it's for your own good." Jongin said plainly. "It is your first time liking somebody."

 

Jongin received a smack on his head and he whined at the sudden impact. "For what?"

 

Baekhyun removed his gloves and pursed his lips at him. "Don't ask that." He got up from the bed and motioned the younger to follow him in the bathroom. "You know how much I want to find this guy again and you had to ask that!"

 

"Who knows, Baekhyun! Just let it go." Jongin said as he was being directed towards the tub. He sat on the edge and set his timer on for the dye to set in his hair. Baekhyun went to the cabinets to find extra towels so he could replace the used ones.

 

The man was still on his mind and he didn't want to give up. Even if the simplest way to know him was to beg Jongdae, although he knows the guy won't give in. Baekhyun had to admit that maybe it was for the best since Jongdae didn't want to show him. Jongdae acts protective if he doesn't like a person and he knows that. Yet he wanted to know why a handsome guy would cause so much for Jongdae to dislike him.

 

He took in some thought about it and decided to brush it off. Maybe Jongdae is right.

 

[Moon]

 

Two days after Jongin came, he and Baekhyun were invited to go to a small club by Jongdae by Jongdae's uncle. It was a club exclusively made private to avoid anyone in the public to come in and to find out. It was made especially for the celebrities and well-known people, so Baekhyun wouldn't need to cover up as well as Jongdae.

 

Jongdae's uncle came over to pick them up and drove them to the club at almost eleven in the evening. That was the time where a lot of people would come in.

 

"Do you think we'll see some celebrities?" Jongin asked Jongdae.

 

Jongdae shrugged. "It depends on who is in the area. Last time I came here I met some singers who just recently got into a dating rumor. The article says that they've been together for a month, but I saw them together three years ago."

 

"You came here three years ago? You were underaged." Baekhyun said. 

 

"My uncle owns the club."

 

Both of the idiots shared a moment of realization and the car stopped in front of a wall. They all got out of the car and Jongin and Baekhyun scooted to one side while holding each other by the arm. They looked around their surroundings and stared at Jongdae waving at his uncle goodbye. Jongdae went towards the wall and crouched down. He reached for the handle on the ground and pulled it open, revealing a set of steps descending down to the entrance. Each other went down one by one and Jongdae closed the top above his head.

 

Baekhyun made it down first and bumped into a bouncer without looking when he made it down.

 

"Identification please." The bouncer demanded.

 

"Do you not know who I am?" Baekhyun asked, putting his hands on his hips.

 

"Underaged?" The bouncer assumed, making Baekhyun roll up his loose sleeves. "Prove me otherwise with an identification card."

 

Jongdae stepped in once he came down and showed his card. The bouncer backed up and let the three in. "He's a legal royal." Jongdae said.

 

"I don't keep up with the royals, but I believe you." The bouncer said, receiving glares from Baekhyun before he went inside. Jongin showed his card just in case and ran in to catch up to Baekhyun.

 

They all came across the DJ set in the middle of the whole club and went to the open bar away from the huge dance floor. Jongdae waved at a few bartenders before sitting down on one stool. Jongin followed besides him and Baekhyun leaned over the counter.

 

"Three starters!" Jongdae ordered.

 

Jongin looked at him curiously. "What's the starter?"

 

"Surprise." Jongdae replied just when the drinks came. He passed one to both of the boys and they all took the shot. Jongdae remained straight faced while the other two had sour expressions. "It's a shot of Hennessy!"

 

"That is not a starter!" Baekhyun shouted over the loud music.

 

"Aren't you that new prince? You look more beautiful in person!" One of the bartenders complimented, making Baekhyun soften a bit.

 

"I am." Baekhyun said proudly. "Nice of you to say that."

 

Jongin placed the empty shot cup down and turned around to face a stage with a pole right in the center of it. Right when he saw the stage, a pole dancer walked passed him, locking her gaze at him while touching his chin lightly before completely walking by. Baekhyun saw that and crossed his arms.

 

"You know what I am! I only like Kyungsoo!" Jongin shouted, crossing his arms and turning his seat all the way around. "Give me something tangy please!"

 

The prince chuckled and sat on the stool to join the other two in a few rounds. They were wasted after their fifth round with Jongin trying to get on the pole, Jongdae collapsing on the dance floor, and Baekhyun begging to strip because it's suffocating in the club.

 

There weren't any known people that the boys knew in the club, although at one point Jongdae thought he saw somebody he didn't like passing through the entrance door. Baekhyun fell into a couch with Jongin while Jongdae climbed in the seat across from them.

 

"I want another drink!" Baekhyun shouted while clinging onto his cousin by wrapping his legs around his torso and hugging his neck. Jongin struggled to get out of hold by pushing him off but failing. "Jongdae, get another drink for me!"

 

Jongdae bashed his head. "No more! We can't have anymore drinks." He began to a few of his buttons of his shirt, letting his chest breathe. "Let's just talk! Tell me about your so-called boyfriend, Jongin!"

 

Jongin started blushing like a madman. "Soon-to-be boyfriend!" He earned a whack from Baekhyun. "He's our neighbor and is an amazing cook."

 

"Sounds cute." Jongdae smiled.

 

Baekhyun couldn't really function the way he wanted to. The way he was feeling was way worse than his dad's inauguration evening party with Somin. His head was pounding, heart was racing, vision blurry, and his eyes were now facing the stage as his eyes focused on the band making their way up on stage.

 

The youngest of them all turned his head and cocked his head to the side, rubbing his eyes to get a clearer look. Baekhyun gulped when he saw the familiar guitar made its way on stage by one of the staff. It was awfully too familiar that it started to scare him. Jongdae blinked a few times and saw the band members came up one by one, eyes immediately fixed on one person.

 

"Finally something live!" Jongin rejoiced, tugging at his cousin's shoulder in excitement.

 

Jongdae shook his head and called for a waiter to bring more drinks. He can't have Baekhyun notice him.

 

"Jongin," Baaekhyun called out in almost a whimper, "I think that's him."

 

"No it's not!" Jongdae said just in time when the drinks arrived at their table. "Let's try this! It's the club's special!" He took a glass and shoved it in Baekhyun's hand. "This is the best one!"

 

Jongin lifted the rim of the glass to his lips while staring at the man Baekhyun pointed out with the guitar. He studied his face before he was wiped out with the alcoholic beverage. Baekhyun took a sip and was immediately whipped. Jongdae mentally praised himself for getting one of the worst drinks to get if a person wanted to get wasted immediately.

 

Chanyeol had his usual disguised in his four member band: fake nose piercing, bucket hat, and baggy clothing. He had his makeup done differently too, making him look less of a prince and more like somebody who smokes two packs of cigarettes a day. He had to admit that he hated having to become a different person to avoid being called out as a royal who escaped his own personal hell.

 

His other members were people he plays with temporarily. They only perform covers and some of their own songs. Chanyeol does nothing but play the guitar, the drums, or the keyboard with or for the people. It wasn't a permanent group but a group that comes together occassionally if they needed to entertain.

 

Chnayeol eyed the whole club, glancing at some people while tuning his guitar. He only sees some of the guests who come on the daily and the same dancers who dance at the pole areas. He never gave a about the dancers even when they try to give him head, which never happened. A part of him was still sticking to his tradition and he was thankful for that. The only thing that made him surprised is to see a familiar face. A face that he only saw once and never seen again until this very day.

 

"LET'S GO HOME." Baekhyun shouted as he tried to drag both his cousin and friend up. "I NEED TO GET MY SLEEP."

 

Chanyeol knew it was him. He knew it was the same guy he met the other day and accidentally touched hands with. Something about the guy had an effect on Chanyeol, which was weird because he felt like he had to know him for some reason. Even after he saw him he's been becoming more productive and thinking about the softness of his hand and those cheeks of his squished between his hoodie. Of course he brushed it off, he had no reason to think of another person because it meant nothing.

 

He watched as the guy struggled to get the two up and quickly noticed Jongdae. He pulled his hat lower to cover half of his face and continued tuning his guitar, forgetting about Baekhyun.

 

"Can't we hang out for a little more? Someone is about to play!" Jongin whined, slapping Baekhyun's hand off of him but failed.

 

Chanyeol looked at once his microphone was set in front of him and he leaned in towards it. "Testing."

 

Right at that very moment, Jongdae shot up on his feet and Baekhyun gasped out loud. Chanyeol looked at s behind him and gave them all a nod to get ready.

 

"Jongdae! That's him! What is his name??" Baekhyun cried out.

 

Jongdae shook his head. "I cannot let you know! We are going home!" He dragged Jongin up on his feet and grabbed the drink from the table to force Baekhyun to drink it, causing him to become less stable. The prince whined at the alcoholic taste and began to lose his balance, falling onto Jongin.

 

The music from the band began and Chanyeol was center staged. As Jongdae was fleeing with the two elders on each of his side, he turned around and was met with Chanyeol looking at him dead in the eye. As they locked gazes, Chanyeol gave him a wink and looked out at the crowd. Jongdae felt his blood boil and marched his way out of the club with a whining Baekhyun and a sad Jongin.

 

[Moon]

 

Baekhyun and Jongdae were at a baby shower of another royal family from another country the day after what happened in the evening. They traveled to Seoul just for the event. Baekhyun was upset throughout the whole night and into the morning, trying to act cold towards his friend. Jongdae tried his best to explain why he did what he had to do, but all he could get was a simple 'hmph' or be interrupted.

 

They were currently at a bench outside of the hotel the baby shower was being held and Jongdae turned his body towards him.

 

"Baekhyun." He called out.

 

"Do you see how lovely this view is? Take a look." Baekhyun said as he passed him the binoculars. Jongdae grabbed it from his hands and placed it on his lap. "Come on. It's a full city view from up here."

 

"Let me explain myself." Jongdae said firmly.

 

The prince sighed and crossed his arms. "You don't like him. I understand that. He is a bad person. I understand that too."

 

"What you don't get is that he is a Park."

 

Baekhyun gave him a confused look, completely turning his body towards him. "What about it? Okay, he is a Park. How does that affect me?"

 

"You don't know?"

 

Baekhyun pondered on it for a moment until he remembered. "There is one family we are not friendly with, and you are telling me he is my enemy??" He raised his voice and was quickly shut off by Jongdae by covering his mouth.

 

"Keep your ing voice down! We can't mention them amongst ourselves either!" Jongdae hushed.

 

"Why?" Baekhyun asked against his hand. Jongdae removed his hand and got up on his feet, quickly motioning him to get up and follow him to the gift section.

 

"So as you may now know," Jongdae said lowly while cutting through the crowd with Baekhyun by his side, "we are not on good terms with the Parks. We have been enemies for over a century because the first Byun and the first Park were both kings and were one kingdom. They shared a kingdom and ruled under one name until the first Byun caught the first Park taking one of his wives and having an affair. Because of that one wife of his, the kingdom separated and we were always against him for what he has done. Do you see know?"

 

Once Jongdae finished, Baekhyun bursted out laughing, leaving the younger highly confused. "That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. What a waste of time to compromise too! If I were to make him fall for me, then everything will be fixed."

 

"No it won't. It'll only cause more trouble and will make your father look horrible more so than it will to his father."

 

"But what is his name?"

 

Jongdae blinked and his dry lips. "Prince Park Chanyeol of Seoul. We're in his territory."

 

"I'm ing blessed." Baekhyun fanned himself. "What a hot name for a hot prince. Park Chanyeol." He said his name as if trying to tattoo it on his tongue.

 

"You better not start some , Baekhyun. You'll be running on thin ice." Jongdae muttered. "I don't want to cause any trouble with the Parks."

 

Baekhyun linked his arm with Jongdae and waved at some people in front of him. "You won't but I could."

 

"Not on my watch."

 

Both of the boys flinched and turned around to meet Somin right behind them with a stern face. She closed his fan and grabbed the two into the building where no one was in anymore. She closed the glass doors and turned to face them.

 

"Jongdae is right. You will not mingle with Park Chanyeol! Besides, where did you see him? I thought he ran away." Somin asked, patting his fan on her palm.

 

Baekhyun looked at Jongdae while Jongdae looked at him. Both were looking at each other as if one is guilty for finding Chanyeol by accident.

 

"Baekhyun, I know it was you." Somin said softly, making Baekhyun's heart beat against his ribs. "I even saw it on Jongdae's phone when I walked in that other day. Now tell me where you saw him."

 

"I saw him at a cafe," Baekhyun fidgeted with his fingers, "but he didn't notice me. I don't think he knows me at all."

 

"Of course not. He cut off from the royals just so he could try to become a songwriter, rapper, musician, whatever he is trying to do that is not successing as a prince. No one knows but the royals only about this." Somin explained.

 

The prince lowered his heat as Jongdae stood a little closer towards him. "I don't know what you are going to do, and I don't know how strong your feelings are towards him, but whatever you do, do not get involved with him for he is somebody our family does not want to be with and for he is nothing but a person of failure. End of discussion."

 

Somin turned her heels and made her way back outside to join the gift opening, leaving Baekhyun and Jongdae by themselves inside. Baekhyun still had his head lowered and Jongdae placed his hand behind his back.

 

"Are you okay?" He asked quietly. Baekhyun raised his head and gave him a small nod. "Clearly you're not so well."

 

The prince chuckled and faced the younger. "I'm fine. I just need some fresh air." He excused himself with a small smile on his face and went outside to join his aunt. Jongdae sighed and his phone vibrated in his pocket. He took his phone out and looked at the message. Sighing deeply and face palming, Chanyeol sent a message: Who's the pink haired boy? One of your crazy little friends? I want to meet him.

 

[Moon]

 

Later that evening, Baekhyun threw on baggy clothing and a hoodie before walking out for an evening walk in Seoul. It was his first time leaving in a place that wasn't his home so he was excited. After the baby shower and a more detailed lecture from Somin about the Park family, he only wanted nothing but to walk around the area he was staying at without cameras flashing at him and constant criticism about his American mannerism and speech. He only wanted to breathe.

 

He took a route that looked like it could lead to a supermarket for him to get snacks. He passed by the gorgeous view of the river and the huge park nearby. Later he find a supermarket and bought his instant noodles. When he cooked it and found a empty bench, he sat down and began to eat. He stared at the river and noticed how the moon was reflecting off of it. Looking up he was presented a full moon.

 

"Beautiful, right?"

 

"So beautiful." Baekhyun responsed absentmindedly.

 

Baekhyun quickly snapped and turned to his right, facing the man he was forbidden not to encounter.

 

"The cafe, the club, and now here? You are everywhere." Chanyeol teased as the small breeze made his wavy bangs move a bit. Baekhyun swore he was about to throw up. "Since I keep seeing you, let me introduce myself. My name is Park Chanyeol. You don't look like you're around here either." He extended his hand out, causing shock to run over the smaller.

 

"B-Baekhyun." "Byun Baekhyun." He grabbed his hand, feeling the warm hand against his and shook it gently. Chanyeol gave him the world's most softest smile under the full moon, and Baekhyun swore to God that he is going to risk it all under the beautiful night sky. 

 

[Moon]