Tan Hues

Byun, the Californian Prince

Baekhyun found an empty deck chair on the beach and quickly ran towards it with his basket while holding onto his straw hat. It was the first one he found that was unoccupied and he was happy to be the one to spot it. Once he threw his hat on the chair and slowed himself down, he knelt on the seat and placed his basket on the table besides the chair. He took a deep breath and plopped his stomach down on the soft chair. Now he won't have to worry about getting tanner under the sun and having to witness—

 

The blonde flinched when he heard a huge drop besides him and thrashed his head to his right. He rolled his eyes and turned his head to his left, plopping an arm to rest his head on. Another ing royal couple eating each other's faces to ruin Baekhyun's first official day in Santorini. It even occurred last night for him. Everything so far for him was terrible because everywhere he went, there is always a couple who is willing to in any corner of any place. It was really shocking since this vacation is predominantly exclusive for male princes only, and Baekhyun didn't expect to find a bunch of them to have preferences like him. The only problem was that they, too, find him to be too "American" to be considered a real Korean prince. Of course, it was nothing new to Baekhyun, but he wished there was something that could make him blend him. 

 

Hearing the smacking of lips behind him, Baekhyun closed his eyes praying to God that something could happen to make it all stop. If something wasn't done, he could develop a little problem, which almost happened last night.

 

After eating at a restaurant and saying goodbye to his cousin, Baekhyun went back into his room and stared at the pool entrance in his room. Even though he felt so sleepy and irritated over people kissing each other, he didn't hesitate to stop himself from going into the pool that lead him to the outdoors. Besides he was in his pink swimming trunks. Once he dipped his legs into the crystal clear water and swam him way out of the tunnel, he was met with the beautiful view of Santorini. He swam to the edge and rested his arms on the ledge, sighing as he rested his chin on his arms. "What a day," he mumbled.

 

While staring at the other rooms on the sides and staring at the water ahead of him, he heard faint smacking sounds. Thinking it was him being crazy, he dunked his head underwater and came back to the surface only to hear the sounds a little louder than usual. It was really unusual because the only smacking he would know is someone slapping another person, or a massage. Possibly even kissing? But who kisses that constantly and loudly?

 

"You look a little lonely."

 

Baekhyun followed the voice and saw his cousin leaning on the edge of his pool. He gave him a shy smile and swam to the edge of his pool to face Jongin closely. "I am in a way."

 

"Why? Missing your man?" Jongin teased while wiggling his eyebrows.

 

"Keep your voice low." Baekhyun hushed.

 

Jongin chuckled and scrunched his face together when he heard the same smacking sound coming from somewhere the both of them didn't know. He gave the elder a questioning look and Baekyun shrugged underwater. "What is that noise?"

 

Clueless, Baekhyun sighed. "I have been hearing it for the last five minutes. Are we just tired and hearing strange things?" He asked, throwing his head back slowly to wet his blonde hair more. 

 

"Sounds more like—" Jongin paused when he heard a shriek, causing both of them to look at each other with wide eyes. 

 

For Jongin, it was nothing new because he knew exactly what that was. For Baekhyun, unfortunately, it was his first time hearing somebody doing that. He has never seen anything ual or has ever performed ual acts with anybody. Not even with himself! Jongin bursted out laughing shakily and Baekhyun's face turned a faint pink color. The younger began laughing more at his cousin and pointed at his face.

 

"What? Is it exciting?" He teased while watching Baekhyun squirm and hold onto the ledge. "Baekhyun, you must be so curious right now."

 

"Can you shut the up?" Baekhyun whined and quickly swam back inside to his room, leaving his cousin to laugh by himself and hearing him wish him a very good night.

 

Right after that incident with the couple a few doors down, Baekhyun washed up and laid on his bed with a laptop on his stomach. The sounds of what he heard from one of the princes lingered in his head. Even the grunts he heard. But what made him feel weird was the sound of the man, who is the dominant one, grunting loudly. It was a wild feeling for Baekhyun, and what the wildest thing was something almost happened down below. Gasping, he set the laptop aside and looked under his blankets only to see a little something coming to life, but not fully alive. 

 

"Oh — NO." Baekhyun turned his body over to turn off the lamp on the nightstand and closed his laptop shut. He carefully placed it on the nightstand and buried himself under the blankets to try to calm his little problem down. "No, no, no. I am not a ert. I am not . I am not that type. Never."

 

"Baekhyun?"

 

Cracking an eye open, Baekhyun was faced by Yixing, who was completely topless. He found himself completely lying down and quickly rubbed his eyes. "Yixing, hi. How long was I asleep?"

 

"No longer than ten minutes. I'm surprised you found a spot all to yourself." Yixing said. "Do you mind if I take the one next to you? Although I've been occupying it, I just hope it's fine with you." Baekhyun adjusted his sunglasses that were resting on top of his head and accidentally stared at Yixing for too long. He didn't mean to stare, but like who wouldn't when someone with a nice looking body is right in front of him?

 

"Yeah. You can. No homo." Baekhyun blurted out, making Yixing cough out a laugh.

 

"No worries. I don't want to look for a relationship anyways since Jungmyeon always ruins the concept of it." Yixing said as he stretched his body out on the chair. "Speaking of Jungmyeon, where is he? I haven't seen him since dinner."

 

Baekhyun only shrugged because he could care less about the guy. Even after being harassed over Sehun for an hour and a half last night. The smaller adjusted his chair up a bit higher into sitting position and leaned against the chair to see the ocean view. Some guys were playing in the water, playing volleyball, or even walking across the shore. Couples were either taking photos or making out in some hidden area around the beach. It's only been a day and Baekhyun finds it too overwhelming. How can one breathe, especially a person who has been single his whole life with no first kiss? Yixing looked at his phone and saw some messages from Chanyeol.

 

[Chanyeol: Send me photos. I'm bored.]

[Chanyeol: Do you want to listen to my song? I just finished it!]

[Chanyeol: I'll send it anyways. Listen when you're free. I miss you idiot.]

[Chanyeol: Buy me a souvenir!]

 

The elder chuckled at him and glanced at Baekhyun struggling to reach for his basket on the table besides him. He wasn't moving his body to reach for it and was only stretching his arm. The blonde caught Yixing staring at him and started giggling. "I'm a bit lazy," he said softly and finally reached for his basket. "Do you want water?" He asked as he took out completely frozen bottles of water out of his basket. Yixing nodded his head and took a water bottle. He thanked him and opened the bottle and quickly brought it up to his lips to drink the cold liquid. Baekhyun stared at him wide-eyed as some of the water ran down his chest. He quickly opened his own bottle and slurped the water before it spilled.

 

"Speak of the devil!" A familiar voice shouted. Baekhyun faced at the ocean and saw his cousin running towards him with a crazy tan. Sunblock was swiped all over his cheeks, nose, and shoulders, and he had a wild expression on his face. Baekhyun hoped it wasn't from the alcohol. Behind his cousin was Jungmyeon in an ed beach shirt and shades over his eyes.

 

Jongin sat down immediately at Baekhyun's feet and took out his phone out of his swimming trunks. Baekhyun clucked his tongue in irritation and grabbed Jongin's cheeks to rub the sunblock. "Can you put your sunblock on properly? You already have a tan!" He scolded while squishing the younger's cheeks. Then he swiped the sunblock on his nose and began slapping his shoulders, which made Jongin scream out in pain.

 

"Baekhyun! Chill!" Jongin cried as he tried to move further away from his cousin.

 

Jungmyeon sat down with Yixing and grabbed the water bottle from his hand. Yixing was taken aback from the sudden action and looked at Jungmyeon with questioning eyes. The elder only winked at him and gulped down the remaining melted liquid and gave back the bottle with frozen water inside. "Thanks, babes."

 

Yixing only smiled and patted his back, "It'd be nicer if you asked."

 

"Look at this," Jongin told Baekhyun as he showed him a photo on his phone, "what do you think this is?"

 

The blonde blinked at a photo of an ultrasound, feeling completely clueless about what it meant. He knew it was a baby, but what did it have to do with Jongin? After squinting at the ultrasound, everything click and Baekhyun gasped out loud. His hand flew to Jongin's shoulders and slapped the burning skin, causing Jongin to whince. "Is your mom pregnant?!"

 

Jongin gawked at him. "I told you this! She's five months pregnant!" In disbelief, Baekhyun shook his head. "Did you forget? Actually, it doesn't matter. Guess the gender!" He said while smiling widely. Baekhyun smiled in awe as he stared at the ultrasound. He didn't exactly remember the time Jongin told him, but it's best to sink it in now because this was great news. Baekhyun only shrugged as he pondered on the gender and wrapped his arms around his cousin's shoulders with a pout on his face. "Baek, take a guess. Boy or girl. It's so easy."

 

"No it's not!" Baekhyun whined and squeezed his cousin. "Tell me, please!" The younger shook his head and Baekhyun only sighed. "My heart is telling me it's a girl."

 

"I think it's a boy. I will bet two hundred on it." Jungmyeon butted in. Yixing blinked at him and nudged him. "What? My own heart is screaming boy. He'll be much better than this brat!" Jongin rolled his eyes at the elder and Jungmyeon only stuck his tongue out at him. "What about you, Yixing? Guess the gender."

 

Yixing only looked at Baekhyun and smiled at Jongin. "Girl."

 

Jungmyeon scoffed and crossed his arms, "I'm all alone then! Reveal your sibling, brat."

 

"Okay," Jongin said as he reached in Baekhyun's basket and took a water bottle, "but everyone here, including myself, needs two hundred."

 

"What—"

 

"In. Cash."

 

Baekhyun shouted out loud and climbed behind his cousin while his arms were secured around his neck to give him a tight hug. The younger yelped out at the burning sensation he felt behind his back and shoulders and patted Baekhyun's arms to get him off. Yixing cheered and congratulated Jongin on his new baby sister while Jungmyeon snatched the water bottle out of Yixing hand and chugged down the liquid that thawed from the ice. After continuously hearing Jongin complaining about his skin burning up and hurting, Baekhyun released him and grabbed his cousin's face to plan a kiss on his cheek. 

 

"I'm so happy for you, Jongin! We have to call your mom in the evening," Baekhyun said while Jongin wiped the kiss off of his cheek.

 

"You need to watch yourself because people back home thinks we are a thing." Jongin said with a frown. 

 

The elder pursed his lips toward him. "Are there cameras here?" He and then scrunched his face in disgust. Jongin did the same and they both nodded in agreement to leave it as that. Jungmyeon stared at them dumbfoundedly and shook his head.

 

"You both are truly disgusting. I need a mangonada!" He stood up and walked out into the burning sun, yelping as he stepped into the hot sand. Yixing and the two were left alone with each other under the umbrella and watched the eldest struggle making his way to the bar without hopping off of the sand from time to time. They found it hard not to laugh when he was struggling.

 

[Tan Hues]

 

"I miss Baekhyun." Somin sighed as she painted her nails on her brother's desk. She couldn't stand not hearing or seeing Baekhyun at home. Usually she would be hearing him sing in his room, talking loudly with Jongin, or just existing inside the mansion. It has been way too quiet for her, which used to be her reality until he came. She couldn't do her work either without hearing her nephew or feeling his presence in the house. The lack of Baekhyun made her become sad. Surprisingly, she was not the only one who felt that way. Soeun was typing on his computer and glanced at his younger sister pouting while letting her nails dry. He stopped midway and sighed.

 

Looking up, she exhaled deeply. "Don't you miss your son? I miss everything about him," she said sadly, "but I hope he is having the best time right now."

 

Soeun nodded. "I hope he is too. He seems like the type to party." He said.

 

While Baekhyun was away, Soeun took the time to look at what Baekhyun gave him before he left. They were postcards and letters of what he has sent to his mom for years. He looked through each letter and examined every little detail that he wrote. Reading each one made him remember where he was exactly at that time and day, and it made him realize how much he still loves that woman. Even despite what his own father may think up until this day. Now thinking about it, he still never fully understood why his father forbid him and Somin from seeing Hana. He still didn't understand why Martha was any better than her.

 

"Have you heard him in his room? I even caught him dancing once." Somin laughed as if trying to make herself feel better. "I hope he is comfortable around other princes since it's strictly designated for princes only."

 

"I'm sure he's fine—"

 

"Do you think he has found a person there yet?"

 

"Somin!" He hissed.

 

The younger blew on her nails and frowned. "What? I would've if there was a vacation exclusively for women only. Besides, he is so beautiful to resist." Soeun only sighed and began typing again on his keyboard. His own son? Hooking up? He couldn't let that sink in. Yet. He was still trying to learn more about him for God's sake!

 

Somin closed the top of her nail polish and began flapping her hands to dry her nails. She looked around her brother's desk and spotted a film barely hiding behind the computer on the wall and leaned closer to take a look. It didn't take her long to realize who it was in the photo. Smiling widely, she lightly slapped her brother's hand and started to giggle out loud, making him stop typing and side-eye her. "What is it?" He asked in an annoyed tone.

 

His sister pointed at the wall and he took a quick glance at the wall. "What is wrong with my wall?"

 

"Baekhyun and Hana. The day she gave birth to him." She said softly as her eyes sparkled while mentioning their names. "Where did you get that?"

 

Soeun remained silent and faced the computer screen. "None of your business."

 

"You still love love her, yes?" Her voice raised in a teasing manner with a mischievious glint in her eyes. "Soeun, you know you can say the word and we can drop Martha right now." The elder immediately shook his head and turned his chair towards her direction. He had a nervous expression on his face as he continued to shake his head.

 

"You know father. He would never allow this to happen." He pointed out with a hint of disappointment. "He forbid us. He wants me to marry Martha too."

 

With pure shock written all over her face, she got up from her seat and started pointing her pink nail at his face. "IF you believe in love, you would walk away from this. That was what you told me when one of the princes in the kingdom tried to ask for my hand in marriage. If I can follow that advice, you can too—"

 

"You have it easy, Somin—"

 

"EASY? I am a lesbian, Soeun! Can you imagine how hard it is to be stuck in the closet? Can you imagine Baekhyun being stuck too since he prefers men?"

 

A knock came at the door and the siblings faced the door. Soon the door opened and Martha peeked her head inside the office. "Hello, Byuns! Hi, Soeun." She said with a soft smile, making Somin grab her nail polish and stepping out of his office without greeting her. Her shoulder brushed against Martha's when she left the office and Martha looked over her shoulder with a concerned look on her face. "Is Somin feeling under the weather? The energy in this room feels unpleasant." The woman closeed the door behind her and made her way around the desk to embrace the man.

 

Her arms circled around his waist and Soeun stood still for a moment before embracing her. He made a mental note to find his sister after seeing Martha out.

 

[Tan Hues]

 

Popping his head back to the surface of the pool, Baekhyun brushed his hair back and paddled his way to the ledge. He grabbed onto the edge and rested both of his arms on the concrete ground. He rested his chin on top of his arms and looked at Jongin sleeping on the sunbed. This was his third nap of the day and it's only three in the afternoon. For once, back at the resort, there was nobody at the infinity pool. It shocked the both of them, but they didn't want to complain since it was technically all for them now.

 

Baekhyun was able to breathe again too without seeing two princes making out with each other. He was happy for that, but he didn't feel completely at peace. There was something missing. A phone began to ring and the familiar ringtone started to play, making Baekhyun know that it was his own phone. It was pretty loud that it echoed the whole area around him, and it didn't wake Jongin up. Whining, he climbed his way up from the pool and quickly ran towards Jongin to hide under the umbrella and see the caller. Scrambling around for his phone, he managed to find it and squinted his eyes to see the caller: Park Chanyeol.

 

"WHAT?" Baekhyun screamed and answered the phone call. "H-Hello? Chanyeol?"

 

"WHAT—" Jongin's eyes widened after being wakened up by Baekhyun and his mouth was covered with Baekhyun's hand. He moved his hand and mouthed Chanyeol's name to ask him if it was really the runaway prince. The smaller nodded in distress and Jongin covered his mouth in shock.

 

"Baekhyun? I'm sorry for calling you out of the ordinary. I wanted to check up on you." Chanyeol said.

 

Chanyeol was inside of his room with a guitar on his lap. It was ten o'clock in Seoul and he just got out of the shower. Since Yixing wasn't answering him consistently and Baekhyun hasn't replied to any of his messages, he decided that maybe he should call him instead. Besides, he lowkey wanted to hear his voice for some reason he does not really know.

 

Baekhyun tried to stop himself from blushing and Jongin started to make faces at him to . "Oh, how nice of y-you! —" He accidentally cursed too closely to the phone and slapped his mouth, "I want to apologize for not answering your messages. I have been pretty occupied on the island!" He laughed nervously.

 

"It's no problem. I hope you are having fun, Baekhyun," Chanyeol said as he plucked on a few strings with his free hand, "are you busy right now?"

 

"Put him on speaker," Jongin whispered, but then shook his head when he remembered how risky it was. 

 

The blonde pinched his cheek and he let out a low whine. "Little bit. Is it okay if I t-talk to you later?" He really wanted to stop stuttering so much.

 

Chanyeol hummed. "That's not problem! Just message me, okay? Enjoy your time." Right after saying that, Chanyeol hurriedly hung up the call, leaving Baekhyun dumbfounded. He exhaled deeply before tossing his phone aside and stared at his television. He felt a little out of place, but at least he heard his voice.

 

Baekhyun looked down at his phone and plopped it down next to his cousin, who was smiling like a stupid kid. "Can't you tell?" Jongin asked while Barkhyun glared at him. "This is so obvious."

 

"Jongin, don't assume things." Baekhyun said sternly.

 

"Does he even like men?" The younger asked while tugging on Baekhyun's wrist. "What if he doesn't? What if he's still closeted if he is gay?" The elder reached towards his face and squeezed his nose, making him yelp out while hitting his wrist. It's about time Baekhyun should try to drown him in the pool.

 

[Tan Hues]

 

There was a cookout on the beach hosted by some of the princes and everyone was scattered all over the area. The sun was soon to set and it was giving off the perfect golden hour setting. Baekhyun didn't miss the chance and immediately snapped some photos of the sun and the ocean. Right after taking those photos, he took one of himself without giving a damn about the other princes eyeballing him as they passed by. Although Baekhyun was very new to the vacation, many of the princes around the world were locking their eyes on him. Whether straight or gay, they all had their eyes on him wherever he was. Some even wanted to have a piece of him, and Baekyun even noticed that because he overheard some of them talking about his little bottom. It made him feel uncomfortable because did he really have that type of ? He had to check himself later when he goes back into his room.

 

Everyone around him were sun-kissed in different shades. Baekhyun has never seen so many men look perfectly kissed by the sun. Not even in California! How was that even possible? Even his own cousin was sporting a new tan! Meanwhile his upper half was always covered, something he might regret soon because his hands, face, and legs were tanned.

 

Yixing found Baekhyun standing in the middle of the beach and ran towards him with a plate of barbeque. "Baek! I have ribs if you want some!" He called out and slowed down once he approached him. Baekhyun smiled and took one of the ribs off of his plate. "You look a little burnt on your cheeks," the elder said as he tapped his finger on his plump cheeks, "they're hot too!"

 

Baekhyun let out a nervous laugh and shrugged. "It'll prove how much fun I had in a way." If Baekhyun had to be honest, everyone around him would have the iest tan besides him. Why? His cheeks hurted like hell the next day.

 

[Tan Hues]

Christmas update? Coming soon! Be sure to read my latest fic, Too Far for Me :)