Getaway with Chet Baker

Byun, the Californian Prince

Baekhyun has been texting nonstop to Chanyeol ever since he choked on a mango in the tub and dropped his phone in the water. At every event he had to attend, he was sneaking his phone underneath tables and in corners of every room he goes in to. Even in the bathroom he would text him. He would risk countless nights to text Chanyeol about almost everything excluding his life as a royal. Every day he would be caught on his phone by Jongdae, who now knows who he has been texting.

 

"No wonder why you would blush! You think this poodle looking is cute?" Jongdae whined while flashing a selfie Chanyeol sent the night before. "Oh my God, he looks older."

 

The now blonde rolled his eyes. "Of course."

 

Jongdae hummed while rubbing his chin. "Honestly, he doesn't look that bad without looking dirty."

 

Baekhyun shook his head. "Back the hell up, Dae." The younger laughed out loud and started scrolling down the conversation. "You really meant it when you said you'll help?"

 

Jongdae shrugged his shoulders. "I don't know. Two problematics together? Sounds fun." He gave the phone back to Baekhyun.

 

"Not when one is a royal runaway. He doesn't even know who I am. He only knows me as a pediatrician." Said Baekhyun with a pout.

 

"You're a pediatrician? I would hate to be a kid if you were my doctor." Both of the boys turned their heads to the door of Baekhyun's room and the blonde groaned.

 

"Why are you here? I thought I would never see you again after the last time I saw you." Baekhyun said with a hint of attitude. "How were you allowed to come up to my room?"

 

Jungmyeon scoffed and leaned against the door frame. "Close your mouth. I am at every event, so don't whine over me. I miss you too, idiot." He walked towards Baekhyun and hugged the living daylights out of him against his bed, making him squeak.

 

"Get this man off me!" Baekhyun cried while hitting the elder's back. Jungmyeon peeled himself away and threw himself onto Jongdae, who was weirded out by the action. "I asked why are you here."

 

The elder sighed and slightly pushed Jongdae away from him. "I can't see my favorite prince?" His face scrunched up. "Okay, okay. I came because I have a favor to ask you, but first," Jungmyeon took out his phone and showed him an online invitation, "I want to take you here."

 

Baekhyun blinked his eyes at the hotel website. "What is this?"

 

"If you checked your messages or your schedule, you are invited to go on this vacation! All princes are invited to this yearly event where you go away and be free. No cameras, no reporters, no one will be eating you alive for footage!" Jungmyeon explained with a grin on his face. "Now the favor I want to ask you is, drumroll please." He patted on his legs as well as Jongdae and surprisingly Baekhyun himself. "Bring Sehun as a plus one."

 

Jongdae slapped his arm and crossed his arms across his chest. "Shouldn't I be the plus one? What am I to you?"

 

"I should be the plus one! I'm his cousin!" Jongin busted into the room and attacked the prince by throwing his arms around his neck. "Who are you?" He asked innocently while resting his chin on Jungmyeon's left shoulder.

 

"Jongin, this is the annoying prince I told you about." Baekhyun answered. "You will be one of my plus ones because I will take everyone." He directed at the elder prince.

 

Jungmyeon shook his head as he shrugged Jongin off of his back. "No. Only one person may tag along, and I choose Sehun." 

 

The blonde shook his head. "You are not my voice to determine that. As a matter of fact, I should be allowed to bring more people as I am the new prince." 

 

"Not possible."

 

"Can be so."

 

"No, Baekhyun."

 

"Yes, Jungmyeon."

 

"I will strangle you."

 

"I'm a black belt!"

 

Jongdae and Jongin only sighed at the two bickering at each other's neck and Baekhyun rolled his eyes. "Where is the vacation? For how long will I be gone?"

 

"We leave tomorrow at six in the morning and we will stay for four days and three nights at Santorini." Jungmyeon answered. Baekhyun backtracked on what he had scheduled for those days and he realized that this vacation would run into the first week of July. Filled with excitement, he smiled widely and embraced the elder, pulling him into the bed. Baekhyun was squealing and squeezing the life out of the elder as he became overjoyed. But then one thing came across his mind. 

 

The blonde stopped squealing and pushed the elder away to breathe. "So can I bring everyone?" Jungmyeon shook his head. ". He won't even have time to come either way."

 

"Only if you say the word and I'll make sure he is thrown into a private jet and here by the morning."

 

It was impossible and so was choosing a plus one. Baekhyun knew Sehun wouldn't be able to go with him, especially when he is surrounded by an atmosphere he won't be comfortable with. If it wasn't Sehun, it's either his cousin or his designer. Both were equally important to him. Jongdae may have had experience, but what Baekhyun knew was that he isn't really familiar with many princes in the kingdom and were only friendly with some. This would be his chance to socialize and probably find a man for himself. Jongin, being the only inexperienced one with Baekhyun as well, would love to take the opportunity to see more faces and interact with more princes. He needed to learn more so than Baekhyun, but both can learn and have fun equally with how life is without being violated. Plus, Jongin wants to make Kyungsoo jealous.

 

The decision was hard, but by the looks of their faces it looked as if they knew who was going to be picked. Jongdae looked at Jongin and back at Baekhyun. "Jongin should go."

 

"Say less." Jongin spat.

 

"Jongin!" Baekhyun blurted. "You were supposed to be nice!"

 

Jongdae started to laugh. "I actually can't go either way. I have to design some suits. Besides, I don't want to go because of the 'rumors' I've heard."

 

Jungmyeon hushed him and placed his finger on his lips. "Do not say it."

 

Like Jongdae would give two s, he grinned. "Some of these princes like to . So Baekhyun," he the finger away from his lips and turned his head in his direction, "you better bring protection."

 

"WHAT? I'm a !" Baekhyun blurted out. "Plus, why would they do that? Are there princesses coming too?"

 

The younger only shrug with a grin on his face as he ran his fingers on Baekhyun's leg. "I don't know. I'm not supposed to spoil a good vacation." Jongdae said and left it at that. "What are you waiting for? Go pack. Both of you! You too, Jungmyeon. I know you are a last minute person." He began slapping everyone's butts and they all got off of Baekhyun's bed to pack up. Now the only thing on Baekhyun's mind was: how is he going to find the perfect outfits?

 

[Getaway with Chet Baker]

 

Yixing shoved a mouthful of army stew into his mouth and closed his eyes as he finally had the best meal of the week. It was finally Friday and Fridays usually mark as a day to eat out for dinner between him and Chanyeol. Since it was Chanyeol's week to choose, he chose to go for a Korean restaurant. Sitting across from him, Chanyeol took in a spoonful of black bean noodles with dumplings. Both were very lost in their meals.

 

The elder wiped his mouth with a towelette and swallowed. "Yeol, this will be my last day with you. I'll be gone for four days and I'm leaving tomorrow morning. You think you will be fine?" Chanyeol looked up while slurping up the noodles and nodded his head. "What will you do when I'm gone?"

 

Chanyeol looked around the room before shrugging and picking up a dumpling. "I don't have any gigs. I might compose something or finish a song. Maybe go shopping? I need new clothes." Yixing nodded his head in agreement. "That kinda hurts, Yixing." He chuckled before taking in the dumpling.

 

"It's true! You do need a new closet of clothes. You need a new change." He said. "You'll look more clean too." He laughed when Chanyeol pouted and continued eating his stew.

 

"Is this the annual prince vacation?" Chanyeol asked quietly, being cautious of those around them. "What is so good about them?"

 

Yixing nodded his head. "The good thing about it is the location, the view, and the food. I'm not there to around and you know that." He explained while taking his cup of beer. "I realized you've never been to one. It started when you ran away, remember?"

 

"Yeah, I've never been to one. I don't want to either after what you said. I don't want to be involved in a one night stand." Chanyeol said in between chews. "I would never do that. Barely anyone would want me." Yixing clapped his hands together, making Chanyeol flinch.

 

"You just gave me an idea." He said.

 

Chanyeol rose an eyebrow. "What?" He pushed his glasses up. "What idea?"

 

"You should be my plus one." Yixing said excitedly. "No one would know! Look! You have glasses on. We can change your hair so you won't look like yourself. No one has to know who you really are. You don't have to be a 'prince' either, you know what I'm saying?"

 

The idea sounded intriging to Chanyeol, but he didn't want to risk anything with the princes from around the globe. Everyone knew who he was, yet had no idea where exactly he is at the moment ever since the incident of him in the park. The last time people saw him was at an evening recession dinner for a royal wedding in Romania. He still had the same hair color, but his hair was much more clean and short. He was much skinnier too, almost close to bone. No one knew exactly why, but thank God he looks much healthier now. Yet no one knows.

 

Chanyeol shook his head and held his cup of beer. "I don't think that is a good idea."

 

The elder nodded his head, agreeing with his choice. "That's the safest choice. I tried though?" Chanyeol nodded. "I wish you can come though. It would be fun being disguised and looking like somebody different."

 

"I'm already doing that. Look at me." Both of them started laughing. "But the glasses are real, of course."

 

They continued to eat their meals and have conversations throughout the evening until they left to go to a dessert cafe for ice cream. Then they ended the night with Yixing passing out in the midst of packing and Chanyeol texting Baekhyun. He was lying on his bed with shorts and was shirtless. It was hot these nights that his fan doesn't even help him. He waited for a response from Baekhyun and heard the vibration pattern.

 

[Baekhyun: I have a trip for a few days. I'm visiting some friends in a different country]

 

[Where are you going?]

 

[Baekhyun: I'm going to an island! It'll be my first time]

 

[That's nice. Take a lot of photos.]

 

[Baekhyun: You know what I notice? You always end all of your sentences in periods. This is texting you know]

 

It pisses Chanyeol off. How can he punctuate every sentence except the last sentence? Grammar and punctuation were one of Chanyeol's pet peeves. So does paper cuts and needles. He cannot stand them, but can stand a messy room, which bothers the out of Baekhyun.

 

[I understand, but it really bothers me.]

 

[Baekhyun: Get used to it :P]

 

"Oh my god." Chanyeol shook his head. "How is he a pediatrician and text like this? Unbelievable."

 

[Baekhyun: It's getting late. I should finish packing up. I'll text you in the morning :))) good night period]

 

Rolling his eyes, he sent a good night sticker and called it a night. Texting Baekhyun has been a daily routine. Every day he would get a photo of the sky from Baekhyun, a song suggestion from God knows where it is from, and daily check ups of how he has been doing. Something Chanyeol rarely gets besides from Yixing. It was weird. Too weird. But it was comforting. He plugged the charger into his phone and placed it under his pillow. Turning his body flat on the bed, he said a small prayer in his head and went to sleep with a smile on his face. For once, he finally had a good night's rest in a long time.

 

[Getaway with Chet Baker]

 

It was the fifth time the same alarm began playing Sticky by Ravyn Lenae. Baekhyun was still dead asleep until his doors were busted open and Jungmyeon and Jongin marched in. Baekhyun woke up gasping and Jongin carried him off the bed. Jungmyeon turned the alarm off and gestured Jongin to bring him in the bathroom. Jongin ran with Baekhyun in his arms bridal style.

 

"W-What time is it?!" Baekhyun asked in shock as he was placed down in his feet in front of the toilet. "Do you guys know how to knock??"

 

Jongin looked at his watch and rolled his eyes. "We've been trying to wake up politely for ten minutes. Get ready! We have to leave shortly!" The younger left the bathroom while closing the door and Baekhyun quickly took care of his business. He rushed himself with his skincare routine and brushed his teeth while changing his clothes. Once he was done, he ran out and dragged his small luggage out of his room.

 

Jungmyeon was already at the door and Jongin was saying goodbye to Soeun in the kitchen with a small hug. Baekhyun's luggage was taken by the driver and he hurriedly ran to his dad.

 

"Soeun! I have to go!" He said in between gasps. "I'm going to miss you! Please text me because I know I will! OH!" He opened his bookbag and took out an envelope. "I want you to look into this. It has some things you would probably remember. Take care of yourself, okay?" Soeun took the envelope out of his hand and smiled at him.

 

"Have a nice trip, Baekhyun. You will enjoy it. Safe travels." Soeun said while putting the envelope in his jacket pocket.

 

The blonde came in closer and gave him a small hug, this time without hesitation. Soeun smiled widely and patted his back before letting him go. He watched his son turn his heels and grab his nephew out of the house. There was a part of him that was worried about what might happen because there will be no security guards or anyone in authority with him. Regardless of his worries, he still hoped that this vacation would bring him back to the days where he felt normal as a pediatrician on vacation.

 

After the boys left and hopped on their private jet to Santorini, Baekhyun found it impossibly unexpected to get to the island so quickly. It was a nonstop trip and it didn't take as long as he would've expected. He thought it felt like that because he had a drink or two on the plane and passed out on the bed he was supposed to share with Jongin since Jungmyeon wanted his space. He woke up to see blue oceans and was told that there were landing in half an hour. It was crazy to think that he was free from being a prince. He would be considered somewhat normal at this vacation. He didn't have to worry about what event he had to go for the next few days and didn't have to face the same criticism he still receives for still being American. Now being far from where he was, he felt the need to do whatever the he wants to do.

 

The boys stepped down from the place with their luggages and were welcomed by staff members of the Canaves Oia Hotel with flowers. Later they were all taken to the hotel in a limousine with a few other princes from around the world. Jungmyeon poured a glass of champagne and passed it to Baekhyun, who was across from him. Baekhyun took the glass while looking at him suspiciously and sniffed the champagne. Jongin took a photo of himself with his own glass and handed it to Baekhyun.

 

"Can you hold it for me?" He asked. Baekhyun took it from his hand and looked over at his phone to see Kyungsoo's name. The elder started giggling when he saw Kyungsoo's response and Jongin smiled. "He likes my photo."

 

"Does this mean you two are official now?" Baekhyun asked teasingly while taking a sip from his champagne. Jongin shook his head. "WHAT? Why?" 

 

The younger took his glass back and sighed. "I want him to trust me more. He has never been in a relationship." He took a small sip and watched Baekhyun glare at him. "Okay, me neither, but I know what we have is concrete! I still want him to be sure about me because I want to make this work."

 

"Who is Kyungsoo? Definitely not a prince!" Jungmyeon butted in.

 

"He is a prince to me! Maybe even a king!" Jongin exclaimed.

 

The three all shared a laugh and Baekhyun chugged down the last bit of his champagne. His elbow bumped into the man on his left and he immediately turned his head towards him. "I'm sor— Yixing?"

 

Yixing's face lit up when he met eyes with Baekhyun. "We meet again, Byun." Baekhyun felt his heart skipped a beat like the first time he met Yixing, but this time it wasn't that serious. This man will still have a special place in his heart though. "It's a surprise to see you here! I thought you would've rejected to attend coming to such an event."

 

Baekhyun scoffed. "How could I reject a vacation? I needed this!" Yixing smiled wider. Baekhyun had to admit that he was glad to see Yixing, especially since it has been awhile since he last met him. One thing he could safely say was that he no longer had feelings for him (like it ever escalated) and he was strictly focusing on Park Chanyeol and him only. Speaking of Chanyeol, Yixing felt his phone vibrate and he quickly fished it out of his pocket. While he was taking his phone out, Baekhyun felt a tap from Jongin and was met with his wide-eyed cousin.

 

"What happened? Did you drink too much?" Baekhyun asked sternly.

 

"Kyungsoo saw us on TV, and the people over there thought we were together!" Jongin gulped down the last bit of champagne and threw his body on Baekhyun. "This is so wrong on all levels."

 

The elder tried to push the younger off of him but failed. "Well, did they get clarification? I didn't even know people thought of us like that. It is disgusting!" Jongin nodded as his answer and immediately got off of his cousin. "I can never imagine being with a guy like you if we weren't related. I would cry every day."

 

They both laughed it out and waited until they got to the resort. The land was way too beautiful for Baekhyun to step his foot on. He felt as though he did not deserve to be at this place because he was still new and discovering new things about royalty. But who would turn down a free trip? Not him. It took a little while for Baekhyun to settle into his own private room, and when he finally did, the first thing he did was to lie down on the bed.

 

Slowly, Baekhyun pressed his hand on the bed and gasped at how soft and comfortable it felt. Before he could jump onto the bed, he saw the record player on the coffee table and went over to see what kind of records were available for him to use. He didn't recognize a single name until he found a name that was familiar.

 

"Chet Baker classics." Baekhyun mumbled and placed the record on the record player. Once he got it to play, the song played and Baekhyun felt pleased. Immediately, he took off his bag and shoes and tossed them somewhere near the side of the bed and plopped his belly onto the bed. He took a deep breath and smiled with content. "Maybe I do deserve this." He whispered as he listened to Baker's voice until he fell asleep.

 

 

 

Hi guys! I would like to do a small shoutout to my new fanfiction that now exists. No chapter has been published yet, but it will soon. Thank you guys for being so patient for this chapter to come out. Although it's not the most perfect chapter, it is at least an update. I will update you all more frequently! Please go check out my new fic if you haven't! I love you guys! (This format will change. My laptop is dead :P)