Fizzy

Byun, the Californian Prince

"I've learned more artists whom are well known in the States. We can say that I am becoming more familiarized!" Somin chirpped as Baekhyun dried his now baby pink hair that he dyed this morning. "I'm fascinated of how complex yet eye opening the meanings were. You have great taste, my nephew."

 

"I'm glad to hear that you like my particular taste." Baekhyun said while looking in the mirror. "Is this too pink?"

 

His aunt shook her head. "Perfectly fine. It's adorable, Baekhyun." She cooed.

 

"Hopefully it won't fade as quickly. The color should be fine with my outfits." Baekhyun thought out loud. "What color am I wearing?"

 

"According to Jongdae, your father requested beige."

 

"Really? My mom is obsessed with beige!"

 

A knock came from the door and Somin headed towards it. She opened it and Jongdae popped his head in and bowed his head towards her.

 

"It's too early, Dae." Baekhyun whined as he threw his towel on his bed. "It's only six in the morning!"

 

"Yes, and we have two hours to prepare since the inauguration is at nine. Please come down to my office." Jongdae said sternly, emphasizing please and left with a grin.

 

Baekhyun looked at his aunt with puppy eyes and she shrugged her shoulders. He sighed and got up from the edge of his messy bed. "If he wants me, he will get me under this silk robe."

 

"I do not think that is polite." Somin laughed nervously. Baekhyun only shrugged and walked out of his room.

 

[Fizzy]

 

Right after getting dressed and having a light breakfast of avocado toast and a cup of milk, Baekhyun made his way towards the garden. It was requested that the upcoming king should have a family photo of his own, preferably with his son. Baekhyun was directed towards the front of the fountain and saw his dad make his way next to him. There was a noticeable gap between them.

 

"Move to your right, Baekhyun." One photographer called.

 

Baekhyun took three tiny steps to the direction and held his arms by his sides. Soeun looked towards him and cleared his throat, noticing that this was the closest they stood next to each other.

 

"Can you link your arm with Soeun?" The man asked as he looked towards the lens of his camera.

 

Baekhyun looked up at his dad and he received a small nod. He shyly linked his arm with his dad and blushed like his hair color. The photographer smiled and gave them a thumbs up. Both smiled and the photos were taken. Somin on the side took a photo on film without them noticing.

 

Soeun took a moment to look at his son and gasped. "Your hair is pink?"

 

Baekhyun nodded. "Is it bad? Too pink? I could embarrass you, huh?" He asked worriedly, taking his bottom lip between his teeth.

 

"Oh God no! It's very unique." Soeun assured the smaller. "It fits your personality."

 

"You barely know me, Soeun--"

 

"But I am learning every day."

 

The photographers went up to Soeun, taking him away from Baekhyun. Baekhyun backed away and adjusted the diamond ring on his finger. He didn't know if the camera caught it in the photos since it was worn on his right hand. Either way, he thought it didn't matter much. 

 

Lately Baekhyun has been finding a strong significance to the diamond ring. It signified acceptance and love to him. Whether the ring was passed down or bought recently just for Jongdae to accessorize, Baekhyun didn't care. The ring was now a part of him that is a factor of who he is in the kingdom.

 

"Let's head inside, Baekhyun." Somin tapped his shoulder and Baekhyun nodded while following his aunt inside. They stopped midway when Baekhyun turned his heels and went back to where he was at the fountain. Somin followed and gave him a curious look.

 

"Do you mind taking a photo of me?" Baekhyun asked, taking his phone out of his pocket.

 

Somin laughed and agreed by taking his phone. Baekhyun held his hand up on his left cheek and puckered his lips, causing his aunt to laugh more while taking his photos. She gave the phone back and he smiled in a satisfying manner.

 

"Who are they for?" Somin asked.

 

"My mom. I'm trying to show off the ring and show her how well I am." Baekhyun replied.

 

Somin hummed and looked at the younger putting his phone away. "You miss her very much, don't you?"

 

Baekhyun sighed and nodded his head. "I miss her like how I miss my stupid cousin, Jongin. More than him though. I know my mom might not want to be involved anymore because of what Soeun did, but if not her, then I would want to have my cousin magically appear here with me."

 

Somin nodded. "I miss your mother the same way as I miss Barcelona."

 

"That was very random." Baekhyun giggled softly.

 

"Well I agreed with you at least!" She said and walked him back inside to go to the inauguration.

 

[Fizzy]

 

Cameras and reporters were invading Baekhyun as they made their way inside the cathedral in which Soeun will be crowned in. Baekhyun managed to throw some looks and awkward poses until he couldn't handle how uncomfortable he was when people questioned him. The attention was surreal. He even felt like he was going to experience a heart attack for the first time. Luckily he made it inside away from the outside world and in with people from around the world from celebrities to the Korean Royal Families settling themselves inside the church.

The Byuns made their way into the chapel to get everything ready before heading into the church for the inauguration. Soeun got out of the suit he wore and was changed into red attire. Baekhyun stayed put on one of the seats as he listened to the people outside of the room. Somin came to him and knelt besides him, soothing his folded hands on his lap.

 

"You look so nervous, Baekhyun. Don't be scared." Somin assured while studying his face for any uneasiness. 

 

"Lots of people want to know who I am though." Baekhyun murmured, forming a pout. 

 

"We will announce it after the crowning. It'll be less of a problem. Besides, have you seen yourself? They adore you!" 

 

"She's right." 

 

Baekhyun looked up to his dad towering over him with soft eyes. "How can they reject you when you are one of the highlights today?" Soeun asked, smiling slightly at his son. 

 

Baekhyun didn't know if he has been staring for so long or that it's tears stinging his eyes. Whatever it was, he was happy. He was happy that his father is accepting him right now. He wants his dad to know him more, and he is glad he could be accepted. Baekhyun smiled genuinely at his dad and looked at him with loving eyes.

 

"You're right. I will try my best to be confident for you, Soeun. Even when I am afraid of what the world may think you when you announce me as your son, I will be proud." Baekhyun stood up and his bottom lip.

 

He extended his hand nervously and his dad looked at his confused. His dad chuckled and took his hand in his, shaking it and not caring if it's not a normal custom for him. Baekhyun held the urge to hug his dad because it was too early to do so, so he left his hand go and turned his head towards the door as a guard entered in.

 

"Everyone is in the church." Soeun nodded and looked at his son before leaving with the security guards outside. Baekhyun showed him two fists and smiled brightly to wish him luck.

 

"You got this, Soeun. You deserve this." Baekhyun said. 

 

Soeun smiled at the smaller and turned to exit. Just as he was being escorted, Baekhyun mentally cursed himself and ran to his dad, wrapping his little arms around his waist and embraced him. Soeun gasped and looked over his shoulder, seeing his son's blonde mop of hair. For once, he genuinely smiled and patted the hands across his abdomen.

 

"Thank you so much, Baekhyun." He whispered and Baekhyun removed his arms off of him, backing away to his aunt and Jongdae.

 

Soeun made his way to the doors of the church and the bells rung upon his arrival. Everyone in the church stood up and looked towards the center of the aisle. Somin came out with Jongdae and Baekhyun on each of her sides as they entered the church through the side doors and took their spot at the front of the church. They remained at their pew for the rest of the ceremony.

 

[Fizzy]

 

When the mass was over and everyone was back to their place in their designated pews, Soeun made his way up to the altar and faced everyone. Everyone threw their attention to the current king and the former queen before the current walking down the aisle. Baekhyun turned his body around to see them and for the first time saw his grandfather and his great grandmother together. He wasn't even told of having a great grandmother, which was something very special and unique on his dad's side of the family. He watched as they made their way to the altar and his grandfather getting on one knee. The man asked his grandfather to repeat after him and after saying the conclusion, the man removed the crown off of his head.

 

Baekhyun's great grandmother bowed and helped her son, his grandfather, up from kneeling. Surprisingly, both were very healthy to still kneel down and walk. It made Baekhyun wonder about how old they were and how they were able to still have strong legs. The man with the crown moved towards Soeun and had him kneel down before him. Soeun knelt before the man and he repeated the pledge with the man. Once he was done, the man blessed the crown and placed it on his head. Everyone in the church stood up and bowed down as the newly appoint king was crowned before the entire kingdom.

 

Baekhyun wanted to cry at history in the making. He was now apart of this history and his dad became a king. Although he barely had his father around in his life, he still felt emotional. He felt so proud of his dad for working hard to become who he is at this very moment. Baekhyun was the last person to stand and held onto his chest, feeling how his heart was beating. While staring at his dad facing before the church, a tear escaped his eyes and he scoffed when he felt it. Somin quickly noticed it as he sniffed and pulled out a handkierchief from her purse, giving it to him. He cracked a smile and dabbed under his eyes, careful to not ruin his eye makeup.

 

"Thank you, aunt Somin." He whispered and she soothed his back as Jongdae gave him an assuring pat on the back. 

 

Soeun's eyes looked right into Baekhyun's and he gestured him to come up to the altar. The former queen and king looked in Baekhyun's direction. The queen had a sweet smile on her face while the king had a stern look. Baekhyun widened his eyes and Soeun nodded his head, confirming that he wants him to come up. Somin caught on and patted his back to encourage him. 

 

"I would like for everyone to remain standing." Soeun asked and motioned the man to come over with a crown in his hands. Baekhyun stopped midway when he saw the crown. "Earlier this week, I had a visitor who came to my property. He is a special visitor who came unexpectedly," the king said, "yet came at a perfect time in my life. I have to admit, I realized that I had more to do in my position as a king. I have to set good examples for this visitor. A visitor whom I've fathered for twenty-one years."

 

Everyone gasped as Baekhyun made his way up the altar, revealing himself. Baekhyun swallowed nervously and looked at his dad. 

 

"This is my life in human form. This is my only child and son, Prince Byun Baekhyun." Soeun introduced, causing the people to immediately give Baekhyun a round of applause. Some even knelt down before him. The man asked Baekhyun to kneel down and Baekhyun gasped, forgetting to kneel and did on both of his knees. He placed the crown on his head, causing goosebumps to appear on Baekhyun's skin and Baekhyun turned his head to face the people. On every face he has looked at, none of them showed a sense of rejection. It was all love and acception by the looks of their eyes. The man instructed him to stand up and passed him a microphone. Baekhyun took it out of his hold and cleared his throat, afraid to speak as his mouth went dry.

 

He turned the microphone on and hoped for the best as he said a small pray to God. "Hello to the families present with us today. I am Prince Byun Baekhyun, the son of Byun Soeun, and the prince of Santa Monica, California."

 

He said, nervously smiling after what he said. He had to admit, it was embarrassing, but he had to say it because it was true. "I am trying my absolute best to adjust to this lifestyle and be able to serve you all as part of my duty here before the day I return back to the States. I hope you will accept me as a prince."

 

Baekhyun did his best to sound as formal and polite as he could, and the reaction he received was wholesome as they all applauded for him with huge smiles on their faces. That's all that mattered to him. He looked back at his dad and for the first time saw a smile on his face. Baekhyun smiled back and went to hug him without hesitation. Some people gasped in the church, but Soeun didn't care. He hugged his son back with a loving smile. This was what Baekhyun hoped for, and he will continue to make sure his dad will continue smiling at him with arms opened wide.

 

[Fizzy]

 

"TO KING SOEUN AND PRINCE BAEKHYUN OF BUCHEON!" Glasses of champagne were clashing together and wine bottles were continuously opening with classical music playing in the background. The evening party took place at a venue near the edge of Bucheon, giving everyone a clear look of Seoul. Many people were chatting at tables, taking photos, drinking and eating, and dancing under the skyview of the night sky and the chandelier above their heads to classics.

 

Baekhyun walked through people dancing and found his aunt at the bar. He tapped her shoulder and she glanced behind her.

 

"Hi!" She greeted and Baekhyun smiled.

 

"I feel very good, aunt Somin!" Baekhyun smiled. His aunt placed her drink down and gave her nephew a small hug, hugging him close to her as she patted his head.

 

"I'm so glad! You deserve all the love!" She laughed and squeezed him more. Baekhyun awkwardly hugged her back and furrowed his eyebrows as he studied her behavior.

 

He backed away from the embrace and looked at her glass. Obviously it was alcoholic, but it wasn't something he saw throughout the ballroom. He grew worried and grabbed the glass before she did.

 

"What's in this?" He asked as he sniffed the liquid.

 

Somin hushed him and placed her finger on his pink lips. Baekhyun smelled the alcohol from her breath and whinced. "Are you drunk?"

 

"Unfortunately, yes! But thank God there are no cameras around for the public eye to witness!" She laughed while taking her glass from her nephew and downing the drink.

 

"How old are you, aunt Somin?" Baekhyun asked.

 

She whipped her head towards him and placed her empty glass down. "Twenty-nine. Older than some princes, younger than a few, and the same age as one prince." Her speech was beginning to become slurred.

 

"You look NOWHERE near twenty-nine." Baekhyun said with wide eyes. "For a moment I thought we were about a three year difference."

 

Somin bursted out into laughter. "Nonsense! But let me tell you about the drink I had." She ordered the bartender to make her specialty before continuing. "I was once a mixologist," she whispered, "I was rebellious when I was a teenager. I made this one drink and it was the best thing I've ever made!"

 

The bartender slid the glass towards her and she winked her eye at him as a thank you. "My friend over here used to work with me and I taught him how to make it. Still good as always!" She gave Baekhyun the clear turquoise liquid filled glass and he stared at it.

 

"I don't drink alcohol," Baekhyun swirled the liquid, "but I guess I'm starting!" Both laughed with each other and Baekhyun took one sip. His face scrunched up and he smacked his lips together. "That tastes like passion fruit!"

 

Somin bashed her head forward and nodded. "It has passion fruit, mint, Hennesy, lime juice, and other things that I cannot let out with my voice becoming louder!" She laughed out loud.

 

Baekhyun laughed along and took a few more sips. Only those few sips lead to three more glasses.

 

"Where is your son, Soeun?" One man asked Soeun as they were on the opposite side of the ballroom. Soeun glanced around the room and smiled.

 

"I do not see him and his dyed hair." He chuckled as he was given a glass of wine. "He must be mingling."

 

"Does your son have a preference?" Another man asked.

 

"I prefer to not have that revealed for it is his choice to announce his, may I say," Soeun took one big sip of wine, "uality."

 

The men around him glared as one another as they drank their drinks.

 

"I've heard Prince Byun is a homoual!" The women whispered amongst themselves as they saw Baekhyun try to dance in the center of the ballroom. "How can you assume that?" One asked.

 

"He said so himself yesterday at the tea party! This would look horrible on King Byun's name." One said. The women gossiped in small groups, careful to not let their business be heard. Somin happened to listen to what they were saying and immediately texted security to take them out. They weren't royal, but were all plus ones.

 

It was funny how Somin was able to make out what they were saying since she is heavily drunk and so was Baekhyun. When Somin was done escorting the women out, she went back to the center of the ballroom and faced Baekhyun dancing differently than everyone else.

 

"What are you doing?" She asked, swaying her body to the music. "We do not dance like this!"

 

Baekhyun shrugged and threw his arms in the air. "I will start a trend then, auntie!" He giggled and started wiggling his body.

 

Somin had to admit. Her nephew is a terrible dancer when drunk, but he was cuter being drunk. She saw him walk like a penguin, talk like a baby, and act nothing like his age. It was like seeing a whole different side of him.

 

Baekhyun stopped dancing and turned to look at the people playing their instruments: guitars, piano, violins, harp, you name it. They had everything. He pouted and cut through pairs of people dancing towards them. He pulled out his phone and gestured the woman on the piano to use the speaker. She slightly shook her head, but Baekhyun didn't give two s. He unplugged the piano hooked to the speaker and hooked his phone. He scrolled down his music library and pressed a song. Immediately Finesse by Bruno Mars ft. Cardi B blasted through the speaker. Everyone stopped and looked at Baekhyun as he waddled his way to the center.

 

"Everyone follow me!" He shouted and began to dance.

 

"Oh my God." Somin laughed out loud and ran in to mimick his moves.

 

"Is that him?" One man asked.

 

Soeun sighed and drank all of his glass of wine. "That is my son. Right there."

 

It wasn't a minute into the song and Baekhyun has already gathered half of the ballroom to dance with him. Many people were surprised at the sudden change and were enjoying themselves as they danced. Even some of the royals jumped in on the fun, especially a prince.

 

The prince made his way towards Baekhyun and tapped his shoulder. Baekhyun turned around with a silly smile on his face and threw his arms around the prince's neck.

 

"Hello handsome!" Baekhyun winked and chuckled a bit. "What's your name? You look a lil' lonely tonight."

 

The prince laughed and gently removed Baekhyun's arms off of his neck. "I am Prince Kim Jungmyeon of the Kim Family. I am not looking into an American prince unfortunately."

 

Baekhyun scoffed and threw his arms back around his neck. "It doesn't have to be me! I can hook you up with somebody! You're a lil' shortie for me. I want someone tall! Oh! My name is Baekhyun. Wait-- I should be more formal, huh?"

 

"My, you talk too much." Jungmyeon chuckled and dragged himself along with Baekhyun out of the center and out to the garden.

 

"Why are you taking me outside for, Jungmyeon? I'm having so much fun inside." Baekhyun frowned as he stopped in front of a rose garden.

 

Jungmyeon turned his heels towards him and took a deep breath. "Since you are a Byun and live here," he said, "I may need your help."

 

Baekhyun gasped and crossed his arms. "You just met me!"

 

"You could help me with something! You are my only hope! But you have to promise that you will keep this a secret." Jungmyeon said.

 

Baekhyun took a moment to let his words sink in and smirked. "Only if you tell me one thing."

 

Jungmyeon groaned out loud and took out a pen from his blazer. Baekhyun looked at him puzzled and waved his hands in his face. Jungmyeon widened his eyes and stepped closer towards the pink haired boy.

 

"Do you want me to give you a signature?" Jungmyeon asked. 

 

Baekhyun laughed out loud and rested his hands on his knees. "I don't even know you! You're so full of yourself!" He laughed even more, becoming a bit high pitched.

 

Jungmyeon blushed of embarrassment and put his pen away. "I-I was only joking around." He cleared his throat and looked away.

 

"Sure. Now tell me what you want, Jungmyeon!"

 

Jungmyeon crossed his arms and kicked the concrete ground to stall time. Baekhyun leaned against the vineyard wall and sighed, eyes becoming droopy. Before Baekhyun could lash out on him, Jungmyeon opened his mouth.

 

"Since you are from Santa Monica, you must happen to know Oh Sehun. Am I correct?"

 

"Sehun? Like the Sehun that loves to take long walks on the beach and to throw a person into the water for no reason?"

 

"Yes--"

 

"The Sehun who loves collecting robots?"

 

"He does?"

 

"The Sehun who moved from Seoul to Santa Monica for university? That Sehun? That tall meanie? One of my closest friends?"

 

"You talk so damn much!" Jungmyeon was stunned.

 

"Hey! You've been speaking to me in an informal tone and this has crossed the line! Do you not remember to speak with formality and respect?" Baekhyun barked, stomping his foot on the ground like a child.

 

Jungmyeon scoffed. "I am twenty-four years old. Only three years older than you. Before you ask, many people know of your age because of your father. Don't start with me, and royals can be informal too!"

 

Baekhyun rolled his eyes and squatted down on the concrete. He looked up at the raven head and huffed. "So you're telling me that you like Sehun and you want my help by communicating with Sehun and connecting you two back together?"

 

The elder snapped and pointed at him. "Perfect!"

 

"Not happening." Baekhyun yawned.

 

"How come??" Jungmyeon gasped.

 

"I don't know you, motherer!" Baekhyun barked. 

 

"Watch your mouth!" Jungmyeon spat.

 

"The two of you are so loud."

 

Both turned their heads to the glass door and Baekhyun's eyes widened. The man looked like another prince, yet looked nowhere like a Korean. He walked over to Jungmyeon and slapped his back.

 

"You're still going on about Sehun? Move on." He said and Jungmyeon exhaled deeply.

 

"Introduce me, Jungmyeon." Baekhyun stared at the man towering him.

 

Jungmyeon rolled his eyes and gestured the man towards Baekhyun. "Yixing, this is Prince Baekhyun of Santa Monica, California."

 

"Don't mock me!" Baekhyun hissed.

 

"He is the son of Byun Soeun." Jungmyeon continued and Yixing bowed.

 

"Prince Zhang Yixing of the Zhang Family. I am from China. It is a pleasure to meet an unique and unexpected prince." Yixing introduced.

 

Baekhyun stood up and bowed his head. "It is more than a pleasure to meet you, Yixing."

 

"I hope you don't take upon what my friend is asking of you. He is asking for too much over a companion." Yixing said, eyeing Jungmyeon over his shoulder.

 

"He is more than a companion!" Jungmyeon argued and Baekhyun bit back a laugh.

 

Yixing shrugged and looked at his Rolex. "Highly doubt that. I believe it is my time to fly back. The inauguration and the party were amazing, Baekhyun. Congratulations!" He smiled, which made Baekhyun skip a heartbeat as Yixing made his way back inside.

 

"Don't even start." Jungmyeon said.

 

"I will risk it all, Jungmyeon." Baekhyun giggled, cupping his cheeks as he was smiling uncontrollably. Baekhyun didn't know if it was the alcohol talking or himself, but he will befriend Yixing. Definitely.

 

[Fizzy]

 

The day after the inauguration came and Baekhyun woke up to a hangover. He immediately got ready and left the house to go on a walk to see if he would feel better. The walk was long and lasted only until he came across a coffee shop. He thought about it for a bit and made a decision to have a small breakfast. Thankfully being under a hoodie did not have him noticed so he wouldn't be crowded over.

 

When he got his food and sat down, someone came in by slamming the door opened and causing everyone to jump. The man apologized and went to the cashier to order an iced black coffee. Baekhyun opened his sandwich and looked at his coffee, forgetting to get his cream and sugar. He sighed and stood up to get them at the counter. He reached for the sugar packets and accidentally touched hands with a person.

 

"Sorry--" Baekhyun stopped only to come across seeing the face of the man of his dreams. 

 

The man smiled charmingly at him and retreated his hand. "You first." He spoke in English. Baekhyun's heart skipped a beat or two. He grabbed the sugar packets and bowed his head. "Sorry."

 

"Don't be sorry!" The man said, in Korean this time. "It happens."

 

"Not really." Baekhyun said in almost a whisper, watching as the giant took one sugar packet and walked towards the seats in front of the windows and away from where Baekhyun is.

 

Baekhyun didn't know what got to him, but ever since being announced as a prince, he had never seen so many handsome men in a matter of two days, excluding Jungmyeon. Between Yixing and the giant, he had to admit that falling for a stranger whom he touched hands with is something else.

 

[Fizzy]