Hair Dye

Byun, the Californian Prince

Baekhyun didn't forget the man. Not once did he not ever thought of the man. His mind was clouded of his face, his smile, and that y voice he has. Baekhyun was whipped. For somebody who never fell in love or had a crush, he could confirm that what he was feeling was pure love.

 

"Bull." Jongdae said as he tossed one of Baekhyun's shirt in a laundry bin. The younger was cleaning out Baekhyun's clothing in order to fix him a brand new closet, maybe even a year's worth of new clothing that weren't old or given from school-related activities.

 

"What do you mean? He is everything I want!"

 

"What is 'everything you want' to you? I don't even know what you look for in a man."

 

Baekhyun got up from his bed and squatted down in front of the younger. He sighed as he saw almost every single one of his clothes tossed into the laundry bin and Jongdae dropped his boxers on his lap.

 

"Well? Are you going to describe him?" Jongdae asked. Baekhyun his lips and sat down.

 

"He's very tall. Probably over six feet. He has this cute mole on his nose that makes him cuter. I can't tell how his hair was because he was wearing a cap. His eyes were huge though!" Baekhyun's eyes were sparkling as he described the man from the morning.

 

Jongdae blinked and picked up the boxers to toss it in the bin. Baekhyun flicked the back of his head and Jongdae yelped.

 

"Doesn't he sound like somebody you would want?" Baekhyun asked while holding the younger's arm.

 

"I want somebody who will respect me and love me." Jongdae said.

 

The elder rolled his eyes. "Well that applies to me too! He also had a guitar with him and everytime he talks he spoke with formality in both English and Korean! It was hot."

 

Jongdae tossed the last pieces of clothing into the bin and froze. He turned his head towards Baekhyun and squinted his eyes with his mouth open.

 

"Formality in English and Korean?" He asked. Baekhyun nodded. "Keep going."

 

"He wasn't alone. He had a man with him. The guy was in a suit--" Jongdae gasped and grabbed Baekhyun's hand. Baekhyun widened his eyes and looked at him in shock.

 

"No ing way." Jongdae muttered and immediately sprang up.

 

The younger ran to the bed to grab his phone and ran back to Baekhyun. His fingers were tapping on the screen urgently while Baekhyun stared at the screen. Jongdae pulled up a photo and showed the photo up close in his face.

 

"Is this him?" Jongdae asked.

 

Baekhyun grabbed Jongdae's wrist and pushed his arm away to get a better look. He blushed almost immediately and nodded his head.

 

"You're ting me."

 

Coming at the perfect time, Somin busted into the room with bags of clothing and paused midway to look at the two. Jongdae was quick enough to turn his phone off.

 

"Fittings please, boys. Downstairs. Thank you!" She announced while turning her heels and leaving the room. Baekhyun pouted and tugged at Jongdae's arm. The younger got out of his hold and gave him a 'hmph' before getting up and walking out the door. Baekhyun sighed in irritation and mentally cursed himself for not seeing his name.

 

[Hair Dye]

 

Baekhyun sat down at his table after the incident. He watched as the man made his way towards the window and sat down. He moved his guitar closer towards him and opened the plastic lid of his iced black coffee. Baekhyun didn't know if he was still in his hangover because all he could focus on was the man at the window. He didn't bother paying attention to the small pounding in his head anymore.

 

The man was checking his phone while sipping his coffee, whincing at the bitter yet delicious taste before his lips and going back to his phone. Baekhyun heard him humming to a song while tapping in the table with his free hand. He noticed that the song was Lowkey by Niki. The man stopped tapping and placed his phone down to turn around to go in his bag around the chair he was sitting.

 

"You're looking at him too?" Baekhyun shot his head up and a little girl was next to his shoulder. He nodded his head and the girl giggled. "That man is very handsome."

 

"I agree." Baekhyun said while tugging on the strings of his hoodie.

 

The girl tilted her head to look at him and held up her pinky. Baekhyun looked at her with a confused expression.

 

"I will keep this a secret, Prince Byun." She whispered. "I don't want you to get in trouble for liking a man."

 

Baekhyun chuckled and wrapped his pinky around her's. "Even if I do, that won't change a thing." He smiled at her and she nodded her head. Her mom approached her and walked her out of the place. She turned around one last time and waved at him, earning a wave from him back.

 

He turned around to continue admiring the man and saw another man sitting besides him. A small part of him was wondering who the other man was but he wasn't too conerned because the man appeared to look older.

 

"Do you not think it's time for you to go back?" The older man asked. The giant shrugged and sipped his coffee. "You've been gone for a year exactly."

 

"A year for them is like four days. Besides, they don't care about me since they've never contacted me." The man said. "Why go back to something that isn't made for me?"

 

"Your parents are desperate for you to return. Even the people are starting to wonder about your whereabouts." The older man retaliated. The giant sighed while closing his eyes.

 

While the conversation was unheard to Baekhyun, Baekhyun sighed after swallowing his food. "y looking motherer." He mumbled before taking another bite of his sandwich. "Better be single."

 

The rest of the time was a blur to Baekhyun because all he could remember was every facial expression that the man made while talking to the older man.

 

"You stupid ." Jongin said bluntly through the screen. "Now you're telling me to find this guy online? It's impossible."

 

Baekhyun slammed his fist on his pillow. "Try. I have to find him, Jongin." He whined. Baekhyun squinted his eyes to scan the background where Jongin was at and he hummed. "What are you doing with all those bags behind you?"

 

Jongin turned around and raised his upper lip. "What do you mean? What bags?"

 

"Don't act stupid!" Baekhyun hissed. "Come on, Jongin. I just need you to help me this one time. You know I can help you in return as always." He begged, clasping his hands together to plea.

 

The younger scoffed and pushed his hair back while sighing heavily. Baekhyun whined a bit while shaking his hands in front of his camera. "Jongin, I love you so much. If you want to be my source of happiness--"

 

"Not really." Jongin butted.

 

"Somewhat of it!" Baekhyun began. "Then you must help me find my mans cuz. I have nothing to do too! I can help you in this objective."

 

Silent began for a minute until Jongin got up from his bed and brought Baekhyun into the bathroom. He set the camera centered on the sink and took out his toothbrush and toothpaste.

 

"What are you doing?" Baekhyun asked.

 

Jongin set aside the toothpaste and the faucet. "Getting ready. I'll help you another day." Then he began to brush his teeth.

 

"You think you are so funny, Jongin." He heard the younger laugh and he shook his head. "I'll call you tomorrow. I'm going to get out of here for a bit."

 

They greeted each other before hanging up and Baekhyun got out of his bed. He left his room and went downstairs to eat lunch. Before he stepped foot into the entrance hall, he bumped into Soeun with a slight encounter. His dad took a step back and patted his back.

 

"Good afternoon to you too, Baekhyun." He teased.

 

Baekhyun laughed softly and smiled at his dad. "Good afternoon, Soeun. How are you feeling?"

 

Soeun nodded. "Very well despite drinking a little too much last night. At least I was nothing like your aunt."

 

The son nodded his head while laughing out loud. "She was gone, Soeun. This morning she was back to normal."

 

"She may be normal, but something must've happened last night. Who knows." The man chuckled and brushed Baekhyun's bangs out of his eyes. The small gesture made Baekhyun felt warm inside. One maid walked out of the dining area and welcomed Soeun inside, leading him in. Baekhyun followed right behind.

 

Somin was seated already eating her lunch and Soeun took his usual seat. Baekhyun sat across from Somin and smiled at her.

 

"How is your afternoon?" Somin asked.

 

"Busy." Baekhyun said as his lunch was set in front of him and he thanked the maid. "I've been sorting new clothes into the closet and the drawers. Later I have to buy some shampoo and lotion, so I will need a ride there."

 

"Will you be going alone?" Soeun asked before taking a sip of his drink. "I hope not."

 

Baekhyun shook his head. "I'll ask Jongdae to come with me."

 

"Actually," Soeun cleared his throat, "the Kims made an appointment with you."

 

"What?"

 

Footsteps echoed into the dining area and Baekhyun closed his eyes in annoyance. He placed his chopsticks down and turned his head only to face the one and only.

 

"What a lovely time to go sight-seeing with a Byun!" Jungmyeon chirpped, smirking widely at Baekhyun. "Good afternoon, Byun residence."

 

"Please say sike." Baekhyun murmured like a prayer. Jungmyeon walked over to him and grabbed both of his hands. Baekhyun smiled nervously and looked up at the elder.

 

Jungmyeon smiled with a hint of mischief in his eyes. "I will take Byun out into the city to explore. Please let me have your permission, king." 

 

Baekhyun looked at his dad with pleading eyes to object while Jungmyeon was flashing his charming smile. Soeun chuckled and excused Jungmyeon to leave for Baekhyun to finish, yet accepting him to take him to do his tasks. Jungmyeon bowed down and gave Baekhyun's hands a tight squeeze causing Baekhyun to struggle while smiling hard. Baekhyun was fried for what's about to come.

 

[Hair Dye]

 

"Took you long enough." Jungmyeon said as Baekhyun climbed in the passenger seat and tossed his credit card. "You bought more than just shampoo and lotion!"

 

Baekhyun buckled his seat belt and rolled his eyes at Jungmyeon. "Who told you to leave your credit card wide open for me to snatch up then? YOURSELF." He threw the grocery bags in the bag of the car and sat back. "What are you trying to do?"

 

Jungmyeon started the engine. "Nothing! I only want to know you better." He said.

 

"Highly doubt that." Baekhyun scoffed. "This better not be about Sehun!"

 

Jungmyeon started driving while ignoring what Baekhyun said, making him feel irritated. He put his sunglasses on and began going to the next destination. Baekhyun took out his phone and opened his text messages from Kyungsoo. Rarely, Kyungsoo sent messages that were more than two sentences and it made Baekhyun gasped.

 

The elder shot his head at Baekhyun. "What??"

 

"CAN YOU PAY ATTENTION TO THE ROAD?" Baekhyun scolded as Jungmyeon looked back on the road to stop at a red light. "People look up to you? I rather look up to Yixing."

 

"Why are you shocked? Is it Sehun?" Jungmyeon asked.

 

Baekhyun turned his phone off and glared at the elder. "Why is everything about him? Why do you want him so much? We barely know each other and all you want is Sehun!"

 

"If you shut up then maybe I will tell you!"

 

"Who are you to tell me that??"

 

"My father is older than yours."

 

"What does our fathers have to do with this?"

 

Cars behind them honked at them and Jungmyeon drove off once he saw the green light. He groaned and lifted his sunglasses on his head. Baekhyun shook his head and picked his phone up from his lap.

 

"All that over one dude." Baekhyun mumbled and started texting Kyungsoo back. Before he could press send, Kyungsoo was calling him. Jungmyeon glanced over and Baekhyun yelled at him to look on the road. He clicked his tongue and answered the call. "Kyungsoo? What is going on? It's late in California."

 

Back in California, Kyungsoo was sitting at the dining room eating cereal while his phone was on speaker. Sehun was upstairs in his room while Kyungsoo was downstairs.

 

"Your used to be long distance childhood friend of yours didn't want to compromise with me over grocery shopping earlier so we aren't talking. I don't know how you put up with him without even meeting him until he came here!" Kyungsoo said. "I have a problem and you know it."

 

"I have a problem over here too." Baekhyun said teasingly. Jungmyeon slapped his tummy and earned a yelp from the younger.

 

Kyungsoo rose his eyebrows in surprise. "What was that?"

 

Baekhyun slapped Jungmyeon's arm on the steering wheel and growled. "So annoying! I'm with another prince and he is Kim Jungmyeon, the most annoying human being I have to put up with."

 

"I thought Jongin was the most annoying person?" Kyungsoo questioned.

 

"It's about Jongin now, huh?" Baekhyun teased, giggling right afterwards. "Tell me your so-called 'problem' to take me away from this guy."

 

"Watch your mouth." Jungmyeon snapped.

 

Kyungsoo turned his head and saw Sehun making his way down the steps and into the kitchen. He looked at Kyungsoo and immediately looked away to open the fridge. The elder only rolled his eyes and patted him on his bum. The younger turned around and pressed his lips together with sleepy eyes.

 

"I believe you owe me an apology for being lazy, Sehun." Kyungsoo said.

 

Baekhyun wasn't hearing anything from the younger so he put it on speaker to listen.

 

"I'm sorry, Kyungsoo," Sehun slowly said, "I'll buy groceries for the next two weeks and from there we will take turns." Kyungsoo was satisfied and smiled towards him.

 

"SEHUN?" Jungmyeon shouted and Baekhyun got him off speaker. Sehun heard his name and looked down at Kyungsoo's phone confusedly.

 

Kyungsoo yawned and gave him the phone so he could clean his empty bowl. Sehun looked at the caller and his face brightened up.

 

"Baekhyun! It's been too long!" Sehun greeted.

 

Jungmyeon swore he was going to step on the brakes and jump out of his car in excitement when he lost control of the steering wheel and Baekhyun yelped.

 

"H-Hi Sehun!" Baekhyun gasped out. "It has been a long time! Why are you up?"

 

"I needed my late night orange juice." Sehun answered. "How is Bucheon? Are you well?"

 

Before Baekhyun could give him an answer, Jungmyeon snatched the phone from his hand and placed it between his shoulder and cheek. 

 

"Baekhyun?"

 

"Can you recognize my voice, Sehun?" Jungmyeon asked whilw gripping the wheel tightly.

 

Sehun looked down at the phone and at Kyungsoo who was behind him leaning on his shoulder. "No? Who is this?"

 

Jungmyeon gulped and let out a shaky laugh. He shoved the phone back to Baekhyun and Baekhyun mimicked his laugh to cover it up.

 

"I'm kidding, it's still me!" Baekhyun earned a laugh from Sehun and he shot a glare at the elder. "Everything has been great. My dad is learning more about me each day. No scandals in sight."

 

"That's great to hear!" Sehun said before Kyungsoo snatched his phone. Baekhyun heard the two bickering over going to sleep and Sehun went upstairs with his orange juice.

 

Kyungsoo came back on the line and sighed. "I'll tell you later. It's pretty late over here and I'm tired. Sorry, Baekhyun."

 

"It's no problem. Whatever it is on your mind, just relax. We'll get through it." Baekhyun said before greeting him good night.

 

The boy placed his phone in his shoulder bag and sighed deeply, glancing over at Jungmyeon sweating while pulling over at an expensive restaurant's parking lot. "Good job on embarrassing yourself. Now let's eat something expensive. I crave steak." He chirpped, clapping his hands as he unbuckled his seatbelt and got out of the car leaving the elder by himself.

 

[Hair Dye]

 

Jongdae ran out of his office and marched his way into the kitchen where Baekhyun was. He saw him take out brownies out of the oven with an apron on and looked at him when he turned around with the tray in hand.

 

"You busy?" Jongdae asked.

 

Baekhyun slumped his shoulders and pointed at the tray in his hand. "Obviously. Why?"

 

"Go outside." He said while pointing at the entrance doors. "Soeun needs you."

 

Baekhyun placed the tray down suspiciously and walked out of the kitchen. He removed the apron off and threw it over his shoulder before opening the door to go outside. Peeking his head out, he saw his dad standing in front of a car.

 

"Soeun, you needed me?" Baekhyun called out, slowly coming out.

 

Soeun nodded. "I need you to help this man settle in."

 

Baekhyun scrunched his face in confusion until the driver opened the car door and he gasped. Quickly he ran down the steps and leaped into the arms of his cousin. Jongin laughed as he wrapped his arms around his cousin, swaying the both of them. Baekhyun started to wail out loud before he started crying. Jongin patted his head and smiled at his uncle.

 

"Nice to meet you, uncle." Jongin softly greeted and earned a small nod from Soeun.

 

"More than a pleasure to meet you, Jongin." Soeun said before ordering the maid who arrived besides him to take his baggages.

 

Jongin pulled away enough to see his small cousin's tear stained face and laughed out loud. "Baekhyun, you're crying a bit too much."

 

Baekhyun sniffed and wiped his fat tears. "How could I not? I miss you so much!" He wailed. "You and mom!"

 

"Hey I'm here now! We will leave when we have to leave. I'm here to stay! That way your mom can worry less." Jongin said while wiping his tears.

 

Baekhyun blinked a few more fresh tears. "Mom was super worried? Even when I text her?"

 

"Well," Jongin yawned, "she isn't worried to death but scared you will become too royal."

 

The elder removed himself from the embrace and examined his cousin's face. Clearly the boy was jetlagged and probably hungry from his trip. He turned around to see Jongdae leaning against the doors with his arms crossed and gestured him to come over.

 

"Is that Jongdae?" Jongin asked as Jongdae approached them. "Hello, Jongdae!"

 

Jongdae cracked a smile and extended his hand. "Hi! You must be Jongin." Jongin shook his hand and looked at Baekhyun impressed. "It's nice to finally meet you! When I heard Soeun personally called you to fly you over, I knew you would make Baekhyun's stay more entertaining."

 

"Soeun called you?" Baekhyun asked in shock. Jongin and Jongdae both nodded in unison as they let go. "I didn't tell him about Jongin. How does he know him?"

 

Both smirked while shrugging their shoulders as a response. Baekhyun bit his lip and crossed his arms. "Whatever. Let's go inside. I made brownies."

 

Jongin gasped while linking his arm with the elder. "You at cooking though, Baekhyun."

 

"I can confirm that." Jongdae stuck his tongue out. Three of the boys walked back inside to settle Jongin into a guest room, which is a floor away from Baekhyun.

 

[Hair Dye]

 

"These brownies aren't cook all the way through, Baek!" Jongin complained while sorting his clothes into the drawers after throwing the whole brownie piece in his mouth. "It needs another hour or more. I'm sad!"

 

Baekhyun groaned loudly as he scrolled through his phone. "Leave me alone! Eat it or leave it!" He placed his phone down and grabbed the remote control of the TV to turn it on. "It's weird how you have a TV and I don't."

 

"Well it is a guest room, Baekhyun." Jongdae said as he looked through Jongin's clothes. "Why are your clothes similar to his? I might need to clean this out too and order new ones."

 

Jongin shot his head up. "New clothes?" Jongdae nodded. "Throw my stuff out and put it on Baekhyun's check."

 

"He doesn't owe us anything since he is family." Jongdae said. "You won't need to either since you are his cousin." 

 

Jongdae whispered 'yes!' under his breath and hopped onto his bed. Baekhyun hissed at him and rose his arm up threatening to hit him until Jongdae hummed.

 

"Don't you think we should speak formally to your cousin?"

 

Baekhyun grinned teasingly and patted his cousin's back. "I do believe we should use formal speech towards him."

 

"Okay let's not." Jongin said, wriggling his way out of Baekhyun's touch. Both laughed at him and paid attention to what they were doing before.

 

Jongdae went back to sorting out Jongin's clothes and paid no attention to the two elders playing with the pillows on Jongin's bed. The one thing that made him shoot his head up almost immediately was what was being said on TV. He glanced over to see if they paid attention and went over to turn the TV off. Baekhyun noticed the TV was turned off and saw Jongdae placed the remote control down besides him.

 

"Too loud?"

 

"Too boring." Jongdae sighed, resuming his work.

 

[Hair Dye]

 

Baekhyun was already settled in his bed after taking a nice bath and checking in at the hospital he was in about when he will be able to come in to work. Being one of the youngest doctors in the hospital and in the state were great achievements, yet he knew he will have to get right to it once it's time for him to come in.

 

He searched throughout the whole web about the man he still thought of from the morning. He could not find the same face he saw online. The dude even started to wonder if the guy is a musician, a celebrity, or even a star (because anything is possible at this point)!

 

"Meanie." Baekhyun pouted and threw his phone besides him. "Jongdae will definitely get it tomorrow." He growled lowly.

 

Before he buried himself under the blankets, he quickly remembered something that he wanted to do. Scrambling out of his bed and getting on his knees, he searched for his photo album under the bed. He squinted his eyes when he didn't find it and reached deeper to grab his luggage. 

 

"Where could it be?" He asked himself as he opened his luggage and found nothing. "I'll just show him his old postcards." He grabbed the stack of postcards and made his way downstairs to his dad's room. But before he could make it downstairs, he went to Jongin's room to talk for a little while.

 

"There was a possible sighting of him. Some people are speculating that it's him." One man said around the table of the conference in Soeun's office. "Why would he go out dressed in casual clothing?"

 

"No clue." Soeun took a sip of his water. "It's a shock to know that he has been out for a year and decided to return."

 

"He moved to Barcelona, did he not?" One woman asked. Soeun shrugged plainly. "I am sure it was Barcelona from what his guards were talking when he disappeared."

 

Soeun sighed and rubbed his temple. "Whatever the reason may be," he began, "it is a shame that he has to come back because running away from a royal feud to chase after his so-called 'dreams' were not a part of his destiny."

 

Everyone at the table agreed with silent nods and small hums. Someone in the room the TV and the news broadcasted what they were talking about. Soeun nodded and began tapping his pen on the table.

 

Jongin with his ear pressed on the door began shaking his head with his lips pressed in a thin line. "I think he's asleep. Show him tomorrow, Baek."

 

Baekhyun scratched his head and nodded cutely at his cousin. "What do you want to do? It's only eleven at night."

 

"You're thinking what I'm thinking?" Jongin asked, earning a grin from the smaller. "Dye my hair!" He rejoiced. Baekhyun gasped and grabbed his arm to go back to Jongin's room, almost bumping into the maids sweeping the entrance halls.

 

Meanwhile in the conference room, Soeun threw his pen aside and drank all of his water. "He thinks hiding is the way to go." He shook his head in disappointment. "Park Chanyeol, you one of a kind son of a ." He muttered as he stared at the photo of what was capture the day before he disappeared from the public eye.

 

"I'm going to redye my hair to blonde only because my boyfriend had it in the photo I saw him."

 

"Baekhyun I swear--"

 

"Couple goals!"

 

"Please stop."

 

[Hair Dye]