Swear

Byun, the Californian Prince

Baekhyun spent his remaining days locked inside his room due to his sunburns. He can safely say that this was beyond one of the worst days of his life besides food poisioning, but that will always be the most worst moments that happened to him. It was a bummer for Jongin since he was mainly stuck with Jungmyeon, but luckily Yixing was there to save him from his plans to find Sehun back into his life. After that unexpected phone call with Chanyeol, they have been talking more verbally through the phone. Even after numerous calls, Baekhyun still flusters up about what to say and what to avoid since he is a prince on vacation right now. But what was more important was him being a prince talking to his family's enemy. Regardless of his conversations, life was still doing him well besides his sunburns. Speaking of his sunburns, where is the aloe vera he asked for?

 

"JONGIN HELP ME PLEASE!" Baekhyun cried out and immediately the younger ran into his room from the bathroom. He had shaving cream on his cheeks. "Where is the aloe vera?" He asked in a hushed manner. A pout was forming on his lips and the hands on his sides turned into fists. Jongin quickly got out and went to get the cut up aloe vera pieces in the fridge. The younger came back to the front of the bed and climbed on with the plate of aloe vera in his hands.

 

"Are you still burning up?" Jongin asked while placing his palm across the elder's forehead. "You feel better right now."

 

Due to the sunburns, Baekhyun's body remained feeling hot for the past days. It was crazy how he remained hot because he was not exposed to the sun that much, yet he still had a very bad tan and looked uneven when he wears short sleeved shirts. Jongin suggested him to even out his tan, but the blonde hesitated because he could barely move without feeling a sting. The younger started circling the aloe vera on Baekhyun's cheeks, causing him to moan at the cool feeling.

 

"Good?" Jongin asked and received a nod from the elder. "You need to lather yourself in sunscreen if you're going out! Tonight is our last night here too," he said as he put another piece of aloe vera around his face. "I need you to get out before you regret not having the time of your life! This isn't permanent!"

 

Baekhyun whined at the scolding as he pouted. He looked at Jongin and grabbed onto his wrist. "I look terrible though! Besides, I rather stay in and talk to my friend—"

 

"Friend." Jongin teased and Baekhyun pouted harder. "How does he not suspect you of going on a vacation that he probably knows of?"

 

A knock came at the door and it was abruptly opened. Jungmyeon appeared with his body nicely tanned with a towel wrapped around his neck. A swipe of sunscreen was on his nose and cheeks. It looked as if he just came from the beach since his feet were covered in sand. "What's up, baby?" The elder slipped out of his sandals and tossed his sun hat over the couch before running towards Baekhyun. "You better? You look less pink now," he said as he carefully at on the bed and smiled down at him. Baekhyun knew he had to be dreaming if this was Jungmyeon. Being stuck inside made Jungmyeon become more caring, which concerned him because the first day he stayed inside he until he fell asleep. Now he was just— nice.

 

"I can move more now," Baekhyun said as he squinted at the elder, "what is up with you lately? You even stopped mentioning Sehun—"

 

"Sehun? Don't know him," Jungmyeon scoffed and crossed his arms. "That is the last thing I want to hear out of your mouth—"

 

"Baek, it's Sehun," Jongin said as he showed Baekhyun's phone with Sehun's name displayed on it. Almost immediately, Jungmyeon jumped off of the bed and ran into the bathroom to avoid embarrassing himself like the last time he saw Sehun. He did not want to repeat that again. "He probably wants to check up on you," Jongin laughed as he swiped the call to answer. Sehun's face showed on the screen and the younger literally gasped as he saw Baekhyun's face glistening.

 

"What the hell are you doing? Don't tell me I disturbed you!" Sehun cried as Kyungsoo popped his head in the screen.

 

"Baekhyun, how dare you betray our ity code?" Kyungsoo teased, making Sehun laugh. "Hi Jongin, I can see you in the corner."

 

Jongin bit his lip and hit his leg with his fist before showing his face. "Hi Kyungsoo. I miss you," he managed to say as his cheeks began to become rosy. Kyungsoo saw his cheeks and began to blush as well, quickly shoving the phone to Sehun and standing behind the taller to hide half of his face behind his shoulder. "Baekhyun, you feeling okay?"

 

Baekhyun reached for his phone and motioned the younger to continue his job. "I'm better today. Hopefully I can step out tonight because it's my last night here. Sehun, this is aloe vera. Nothing else." He said sternly as he pointed his finger at the camera. "You are making me question your search history!" Jungmyeon tried to suppress his laughter when he heard Sehun laughing on the other side of the line, afraid to expose himself for being in the room. Baekhyun caught his eye and smirked at the thought that just popped in his head. "Sehun, you remember when you visited one time when we were little for vacation? The time when we became friends?" The elder walked out of the bathroom while smearing the sunscreen on his face.

 

"Yeah, I do. Why? Are you missing me?" Sehun stuck his tongue out and Baekhyun rolled his eyes.

 

"Does Jungmyeon ring a bell to you?" The blonde bit his lip while smiling cheekily, eyeing Jungmyeon whose face was turn maroon even through his sunkissed skin and smeared sunscreen.

 

The boy in his screen scrunched his eyebrows together and Kyungsoo gawked. The name was so familiar to Sehun for some reason he could not remember. Was it a family member? A person he knows? A friend? "Why is his name so familiar? It's like I know him," Sehun sighed and pursed his lips.

 

Baekhyun giggled and glanced at Jungmyeon before opening his mouth. "He's a prince, an annoying one, and he told me that he knew you," he said.

 

"What? A prince knows me?" Sehun glanced at Kyungsoo and back at the screen. "Is he with you?"

 

"Oh —" Jungmyeon hissed and was about to walk away until Baekhyun screamed out for his name. Jongin quickly grabbed the phone as Baekhyun got out of bed and chased after the elder to stop him from leaving his room. He threw his body on him and Jungmyeon cried out when he felt his weight on his back, quickly grabbing a hold of the younger and throwing him onto the couch. Jongin switched the camera to let Sehun and Kyungsoo see what was happening and Sehun gasped. Kyungsoo gasped right after and snatched the phone from the taller's hand.

 

The two continued to fight each other on the couch while Sehun and Kyungsoo watched. "Baekhyun is such a ," Kyungsoo spat nonchalantly. No one heard it except Jongin and he nodded his head in response. 

 

"Oh my God, I do know him— I went to school with him!" Once Sehun said that, Jungmyeon immediately pulled himself off of the blonde and rushed to the phone. "Jungmyeon, it's Sehun! Do you remember me?" Sehun asked excitedly.

 

Jungmyeon could feel the tears forming in his eyes as he looked at the phone. He was hesitant to grab it away from the younger, but Jongin gave it to him so he could go check on his cousin who didn't show any movement for the past minute. Jungmyeon took a deep breath and smiled at the phone. "Hi Sehun!" 

 

"Wow, you're really a prince! I have seen you on the news a few times, but I didn't remember you. I miss you!" Sehun exclaimed.

 

Taken aback, Jungmyeon scoffed. "Really? I miss you too," he said softly.

 

Baekhyun rolled his eyes as Jongin came over and threw his body on top of him to comfort him. The two kept listening to the conversation until Jongin's phone started on the coffee table. The younger grabbed his phone and saw Kyungsoo's name on it. Baekhyun glared at him and the younger peeled himself off of him and scurried away outside of the room to the small balcony. The blonde sat up on the couch and watched the two giggling into their phones. How embarrassing it is to not be able to talk to his crush like they were.

 

[Swear]

 

"I think I should eat pizza. I want that right now," Chanyeol croaked as he plucked some strings of his guitar. He was alone as usual in Yixing's apartment, his temporary home since he came back from Barcelona after a year in hiding. Talking with Baekhyun has been something he looks forward to now. He loved talking to the younger about anything, except for the fact that he was a prince. There wasn't really much to say about it anyways because for all he could remember, he only remembered wanting to have a normal life where he can focus on music and not on trying to be the best son to his parents, whom he does not claim as his parents anymore. They were never supportive and that was all he remembered. He was made to rule, not to be independent.

 

Chanyeol looked at his phone as he strummed to a song that was playing in his head. Lately Baekhyun hasn't been talking, which kinda worried him because there was never a time where Baekhyun would miss a text message from him. He's very talkative and would never shut up unless he was asleep or busy. Now he was silent. His message was still probably unopened. The man exhaled and placed the guitar on his lap before reaching over for his phone. The moment he touched his phone, it started to buzz and he quickly flipped the device over only to be disappointed to see Yixing's name on it. He rolled his eyes and answered the phone call. 

 

"You finally miss me?" Yixing's laughter was heard from the other line and he started shaking his head. "You're having way too much fun by what you're posting on line. I can't believe you forgot about me, your responsibility."

 

The elder scoffed in the midst of laughing. "Of course I miss you, idiot. I just finally had the time to dial you up." Chanyeol hummed in a teasing manner and the elder rolled his eyes this time. "What have you been up to? Still going to perform?"

 

"Yeah. I'm going back to Jongdae's club tonight. I was tired of the one I have been at lately. Also," Chanyeol shifted on the couch to rest his back against it, "I left the temporary band I was in. They were annoying and did not respect me." It was about time that he should leave them anyways since all they did was use him to get more exposure.

 

"Really? That's good to hear," Yixing sighed of relief. "You're better off by yourself anyways!"

 

Chanyeol scoffed. "I rather make music with you instead," he said and earned a laugh from the elder. "Are you coming back tomorrow?"

 

"I am. I got you some gifts, but trust me you can't even use these in the house," Yixing chuckled.

 

"Whatever," Chanyeol spat and got off from the couch to go to the kitchen with the guitar hanging over his shoulder. "I have been learning how to cook more food lately. I wish someone could come and taste it," he said as he opened the fridge to get his leftovers, "but you wouldn't because you are eating luxury."

 

The elder rolled his eyes. "Why don't you brag about it to your friend?"

 

"He's not answering me lately. Probably busy on his own vacation," Chanyeol answered.

 

What Chanyeol said threw him off a bit. He knew that Chanyeol has been talking to a person lately, and it was somebody he has been wanting to find out. Even by the way he describes him were familiar to him. A boy who is from abroad who is a pediatrician in Bucheon. From what he heard from Baekhyun himself during the previous night, he said he is a new pediatrician back in Santa Monica. Not that he wanted to make assumptions, but this was saying a lot. This was proving a lot, and it can't be anyone else but Baekhyun. A knock came at his door and Yixing got up from the couch to open it. Once he opened it, he gasped and Baekhyun immediately pouted when the door was shut against his face.

 

"C-Chanyeol? Hey, I gotta go. I heard there is lobster tonight," Yixing stuttered.

 

"LOBSTER?" Then the line cut, leaving Chanyeol wide-eyed.

 

Yixing opened the door and pulled Baekhyun inside before shutting the door. The younger looked curious as to why the elder was acting so suspicious. "Is it my face? I know it looks dry—"

 

"I need to ask you a question and you have to be honest with me." Yixing said forwardly. His eyes were serious, making Baekhyun comply to what was about to happen. "It's going to be random, but you'll understand okay? I need you to keep this between us."

 

"You're kinda scaring me. Is this about what I said last night? I'm not a bad person—"

 

Yixing cut him off. "You're a pediatrician, right?"

 

Baekhyun nodded.

 

"A pediatrician in Santa Monica?"

 

He nodded again.

 

"Abroad?" Another nod.

 

"You were here because you wanted to find your father?"

 

Once again, another nod. "Now answer this," Yixing sat him down on the couch and went through his phone. Baekhyun was never interrogated in this manner before, especially since he is now a prince. It scared him in a way because Yixing acted as if he has committed a crime already, and if he did it how could he?! The elder flashed his phone in front of his eyes and Baekhyun stared at the photo with wide eyes. It was a photo of Chanyeol and him that one night. "Is this you?" Yixing asked nervously but made sure to keep it hidden.

 

The blonde looked at him with glossy eyes and bit his lower lip. "I-I don't think so?"

 

"Baek, what Chanyeol has been telling me about you is easily making me connect this person he is talking about to you. Please tell me if you are that person," Yixing begged. Baekhyun was developing tears in his eyes as he looked down on his lap with his hands folded. It made Yixing feel bad for a second, but he needed to know if it was really him. Soon he nodded and bashed his head up.

 

"Look, please don't tell anyone about this! I know I am doing something really bad right now, but I can tell you it is not going to go anywhere! But hold on," he wiped his tears and stood up facing Yixing dead in the eyes. "How do you know him? How are you talking to him when he ran away?" At this point, both of them were screwed.

 

[Swear]

 

Somin sighed as he stared out of the window of his limousine to head to a meeting in Seoul. He hasn't talked to his sister for a few days after what happened between them. Whenever he had the chance to talk to her, she would simply brush him off and continue her duties with Jongdae besides her, giving him reassuring glances whenever he could. He hasn't heard from his son for the past few days either, which was starting to worry him. Not even his nephew was updating him anymore. But the thing was it didn't matter because Jungmyeon was actively posting photos online with the two in the frame.

 

"Sir?" The driver called out to him, causing him to face the back of the driver's head, "I believe something is happening outside of the venue."

 

"What is it?" Somin asked, moving up to see in front of him.

 

They pulled up to the front of the building with cameras and reporters surrounding someone they could not see who it was. The crowd quickly moved their attention to Somin once it was safe enough for him to come out. The elder stepped out with his guards in front and behind him and followed them into the building as he ignored the endless questions from the crowd. They were all regarding his arranged marriage, which still remains a secret from the public. Not that he ever wanted it out anyways because he was not on board for it. In the corner of his eye, a familiar face caught his attention. He tried his best to not stopping himself from seeing who it was, but she was awfully familiar. Without hesitation, he quickly looked over his shoulder and met with her eyes. She, the daughter of his enermy, Park Yoora, was standing admist all of the people around them. Park Yoora, the eldest sibling to Park Chanyeol, is suddenly out from hiding from her "business trips." Park Chanyeol's sister, the one who defended him, returned to Seoul.

 

[Swear]

 

After an hour of talking about the situation and trying to calm Baekhyun down after crying so much for having a crush on the runaway prince, Yixing held up his pinky. "It's a bad situation, I'll tell you that, but whatever happens, I will back you up. Back the both of you up. I don't know if he is dense about you liking him, but he should know." Baekhyun started laughing and nodded his head as he sniffled. "We are all in this together, so let's try to be careful, okay? Promise?"

 

Baekhyun raised his pinky finger and they promised. This not only secures a secret, but a stronger friendship between them, and Baekhyun was glad he could make a real friend as a prince, besides being bullied by Jungmyeon. "What about his sister? Will she be against me?"

 

The elder shook his head and placed his hand on top of Baekhyun's. "Never. I'll make sure she'll understand. She has been protecting him for all of these years, but I don't think she would be against you. Besides, she'll trust you since you won't pressure him into royalty." Baekhyun hummed in reply. "Yoora only wants him to be free with what he wants to do. Whether with his royal status or not, she wants him to be happy."

 

The situation was a lot for Baekhyun to handle since the reason why Chanyeol ran off was only because he wanted to be free, but there was something odd about it. Was it only because he wanted freedom? The thought left his mind the moment Jongin and Jungmyeon busted into Yixing's room with plates of food in their hands. "Baekhyun! WE got you guys food! First serve, too!" Jungmyeon bragged.

 

"It was obviously MY idea!" Jongin whined. Both of them bickering were easily ignored as Baekhyun and Yixing snatched the plates out of their hands and began eating it clean.

 

[Swear]