My Leche Flan

Byun, the Californian Prince

Jongin placed the last plate on the dining table before turning around to help Baekhyun take out the brownies in the oven. Nothing beats brownies on Christmas Eve this evening in the Kim household. It's the year 2018 and the cousins were still in school to finish off their degrees to become pediatricians. It has been a tough term for them, but they managed to pull through with a long break. They felt as ease when seeing the festivities happening, Christmas trees being lit up, houses decorated for the holidays, and the radios blasting Christmas music. Yet the part that Baekhyun almost loathes about the holidays can be something every single person can relate to: no boyfriend = no cuddling, dates, or special gifts. Coming from a person who has never had a relationship or had an interest on a guy, Baekhyun always felt the need to find a person for himself. Although, he rather have an interest on somebody realistically and authentically.

 

"Jongin, do you think it's ready?" The elder asked as he poked a toothpick into the brownie. Jongin glanced over and took out the toothpick to stab into another area of the brownie. He nodded and tossed the toothpick in the trashcan besides the counter. "I really want to eat one," he sighed.

 

The taller shook his head and took the tray away from Baekhyun. "Not until we have dinner! We have your mom's leche flan too," he said as he brought the tray to living room.

 

Baekhyun pouted as he ran his hand through his brunette hair. He wished he could skip right to the desserts. Leche flan is one of his favorite foods to eat, especially if it was made by his mom. If he were to have anything in the world right now, it would be to eat leche flan. If not a leche flan, he would rather get a handsome man Park Chanyeol in his life. Baekhyun took a glance out towards the living room and saw his relatives chatting with each other. Some of them were good with him, yet some of them were not because they didn't like how he is interested in men. Not so surprising since it is a Korean family, but he wished that there was something to convince them otherwise.

 

"Wait! Jongin is gay too?" One aunt asked her sibling. The woman nodded her head and she gasped. "We have two nephews who are gay? That is crazy!"

 

Not surprising at all Baekhyun thought. "Baek," Jongin softed called out while leaning into his ear, "auntie is at it again." His voice showed a hint of concern, maybe even with fear too. Everyone in the family has accepted them for coming out except for this one family. The aunt's family was really cruel towards Baekhyun behind his back, which they were aware of, but now that she found out about Jongin, who knows what could happen?

 

"Don't worry about her, Jongin. I got you," Baekhyun said before heading towards the door when he heard the door bell. He made sure to pass the aunt with a glare and opened the door. "Mom!" He leaned in and kissed her cheek before taking the tray of leche flan from her hands.

 

Chuckling with her hands still extended, she went inside and took her shoes off. "Hello to you too, baby."

 

Baekhyun rushed into the kitchen with the leche flan, making Jongin's eyes go wide when he saw him. He gasped when Baekhyun plopped it down on the counter and removed the foil off of the tray. There it was— leche flan.

 

"Jongin, hold me back—" He quickly threw his back against Jongin, who caught him with an 'oof.'

 

"You better not eat this! Your mom is going to kill you!" Jongin hissed while trying to drag the smaller away from the counter. Baekhyun cupped his cheeks while pouting when he saw his mom enter the kitchen.

 

His mom stared at the tray and back at her son and nephew. Baekhyun clasped his hands together to silently beg her to eat one— or all— of the dessert. Sadly, his pout deepened when she shook his head.

 

"It'd be rude, Baekhyun. Behave and help Mr. Kim with the barbeque outside," she said as she started to turn her back against the boys to face her siblings, "please."

 

In defeat, Baekhyun got off of his cousin and placed the foil back on the tray. Just as she left and went into the living room, Baekhyun lifted the foil up and grabbed two of the desserts for himself and for Jongin. Jongin immediately grabbed it out of his hand and giggled lowly while Baekhyun went and grabbed two spoons. "Let's help your dad outside," Baekhyun said hurriedly and they both ran out of the kitchen to the backyard.

 

At the same time, something was being shown on television that grabbed the attention of the relatives in the living room. It's not every day that the Royal Family of Korea is shown on television, but today marked it gravely important.

 

Park Chanyeol, prince of the Park Family and of Seoul, has been missing since this summer. It is not said where he has fled to or what his motives were, but on this day, the King and Queen remember their son. These past few months have been dreaing for the country, and for the family, especially to those who know the prince very well. Until this day, there were no further investigations as to where he is, but we all hope that he is alive. It is very unfortunate to lose such an amazing role model, and we hope that one day he will return to his duties.

 

"That is very unfortunate—"

 

"How can a handsome man like him ever flea from a position like this? He is ungrateful—"

 

"He could be selfish in a way—"

 

"I've heard rumors that he has been abused—"

 

"CHRISTMAS EVE DINNER IS READY!" Baekhyun shouted as he came back inside. He quickly grabbed another leche flan before scurrying back outside to Jongin, who was still gulping down his first cup. The television was immediately turned off, and everyone made their way to the dining table. Merry Christmas to everyone, maybe even for the runaway, or the dead, Prince Park Chanyeol.

 

[My Leche Flan]

 

Let's call this a shortie :P

Check out my other fic or receive bad luck!

 

[My Leche Flan]