Chapter 5

Forbidden fruit

The next morning, Minhyuk opened his eyes. He looked at the ceiling and rubbed his eyes, feeling a warm breath on his skin. He eyed his chest and saw Hye-Mi, snuggled against him. The girl had her arm wrapped around him and was peacefully asleep.

Minhyuk sighed and rubbed his forehead.

What am I doing?” he wondered, before sighing again.

He slowly caressed the girl's black hair and Hye-Mi moved against him. Minhyuk smiled before thinking about what Tae-Yong said to him. He wasn't this kind of man, the kind of man to be attracted by the daughter of his close friend and partner.

Hye-Mi finally opened her eyes and looked at Minhyuk.

Morning,” she greeted.

Good morning.”

Hye-Mi smiled, hearing the y hoarse voice of Minhyuk in the morning.She then glanced at her arm around him.

Oh I'm so sorry,” she apologized, quickly removing her arm, “I didn't realize. I didn't feel I was...” she uttered, embarrassed.

No that's fine. It's nothing, don't worry about it,” Minhyuk smiled, a little embarrassed too.

You could have moved it you know.”

No, I was afraid to wake you up,” he replied, with the hint of a smile.

They stayed silent for a few moments. Minhyuk cleared his throat while Hye-Mi sighed next to him.

So did you sleep well?” Minhyuk finally asked.

Great, it was a great night,” she replied, looking at him, “What about you?”

Good, it was a good night,” he smiled softly at her.

Then the silence again.

Minhyuk, can I ask you something? But don't laugh at me.”

Of course, what?” he asked, turning to face Hye-Mi, supporting himself on his elbow.

Well...I...I...” Hye-Mi stammered, flustered by Minhyuk's attitude, “I would like to know...Do I snore or do I have some bad sleeping habits?”

Minhyuk looked at her seriously before bursting out laughing.

Do you snore?” Minhyuk repeated, laughing.

Hey you were supposed not to laugh at me. Well, I've never been in bed with someone before and...”

What? Never?” Minhyuk inquired, surprised, “You're going out so much at night and your father seems to think...”

No never...So, I just wanted to know...” she shrugged with an embarrassed expression on her face.

Minhyuk smiled at her. For an unknown reason, he found her really cute at that moment.

No you don't snore. You're fine to share a bed with, you can be reassured.”

He slowly moved closer to Hye-Mi and in an unthinking move, kissed her forehead before smiling at her.

Minhyuk...” Hye-Mi stared at him.

Hmm...” Minhyuk cleared his throat, “Are you ready to get up? I think we should have breakfast.”

Yeah sure.”

Great.”

Minhyuk got off of his bed quickly, shaking his head and went into his bathroom. Hye-Mi stayed in bed and sighed too. She shared Minhyuk's bed, she slept so close to him as her arm around him could tell, Minhyuk kissed her forehead in a tender way. Hye-Mi liked all those things but she knew...deep inside of her, she knew it would lead to nothing more between them.

When they were both ready, they sat at the dining table to have breakfast, before hearing knocks on the door.

Who could it be?” Minhyuk wondered, standing up.

Hey brother!”

Jonghyun? What are you doing here?” he asked, surprised.

I was coming back from a morning walk and I thought I could stop by, it's been quite awhile that we didn't see each other. I was missing you,” Jonghyun smiled, slapping Minhyuk's shoulder, “And look, I brought breakfast,” as he lifted two little bags with pastries.

Well...” as Minhyuk rubbed his neck, “That's very nice but...” as he glanced over his shoulder.

Oooh you're not alone,” Jonghyun stated with a smile.

I'm not but it's not what you think...” Minhyuk paused, “Alright, come in.”

Jonghyun came in and noticed Hye-Mi at the table, eating some rice.

Jonghyun, this Hye-Mi, Tae-Yong's daughter. Hye-Mi, this is Jonghyun, one of my best friends.”

Hello,” they both greeted each other, bowing.

I'm really sorry Minhyuk, I didn't know you had a girl sleeping over,” Jonghyun teased.

Hye-Mi and I worked on a law project she had for school. We worked until very late, so she suggested that she stays here.”

Alright. So Hye-Mi, how did you enjoy your stay here?” Jonghyun asked with a malicious smile at Minhyuk, who rolled his eyes.

It was great. Minhyuk's apartment is great and very neat.”

How was the night? I hope you didn't sleep on the couch.”

The night was alright. Everything was fine and...Minhyuk is the one who slept on the couch,” as she looked at Minhyuk with a slight smile.

Minhyuk smiled at her before going quickly to the fridge, to break the stare Hye-Mi had on him.

After breakfast, it was time for Hye-Mi to leave. She didn't want Tae-Yong to be more suspicious than he already could be.

So...” Minhyuk uttered at the door, “I hope your project comes out well and that you enjoyed your stay.”

I did, it was really great,” Hye-Mi smiled, “I'm sorry again for this morning. I didn't want you to feel bad because of my arm around you.”

That's nothing, I told you. We can't control how we move during our sleep,” Minhyuk chuckled.

That's right.”

Well you know...” Minhyuk hesitated, “If you want to come over sometimes for law projects or to watch a movie, in the daytime,” he smiled, “it could be great.”

I really would like to,” Hye-Mi replied, smiling.

Drive safe,” as Minhyuk opened the door, “Say Hi to Tae-Yong and call me if you want okay?”

I will but you can call me too, you know. Bye Minhyuk,” she said before kissing his cheek.

Bye.”

Hye-Mi left and Minhyuk closed the door. He when back in the kitchen, rubbing his neck, finding Jonghyun smiling at him.

What?” Minhyuk asked, sitting on a chair next to his friend.

Hmm you like Tae-Yon's daughter right?” Jonghyun asked, curious.

Yes, she's nice and we like spending time together...as friends,” he replied with a smile.

Sure but you should spend some time with a girl who could sleep in your bed,” Jonghyun laughed.

You're stupid,” Minhyuk sighed.

I meant a girlfriend. Spending your free time with a teen girl won't let you enough time to find a real woman for you.”

Who told you I want one?"

Everyone wants that Minhyuk,” Jonghyun smiled, “Anyway, you know she wants...”

She wants what?” Minhyuk asked, quite impatient.

For you to be her boyfriend.”

Bull!” Minhyuk stated, rolling his eyes.

Oh c'mon Minhyuk, she eyed you up intently the whole time. Alright, maybe not for being her boyfriend but she definitely likes you for sure.”

No, I didn't notice,” Minhyuk shrugged.

Actually, Minhyuk did notice Hye-Mi's eyes on him at times, like during the breakfast, where he caught her stare more than once. But did he have to take this as a sign? Maybe not because he already eyed up women himself, sometimes, without wanting anything from them.

Minhyuk, my friend,” Jonghyun sighed, putting his hand on Minhyuk's shoulder, “Be honest, you like her. I mean she's a very pretty girl. Don't tell me you're not attracted,” as he pushed his friend's shoulder.

She's a teen,” Minhyuk replied pretty irritated, “I'm not interested in that way.”

Alright, if you say so, I believe you. But you know, boys will be around her for sure you know...”

Minhyuk looked at him, biting his lips nervously.

Well good for her,” Minhyuk replied, standing up, “She's young and she should date every man she wants. I'm going to brush my teeth,” as he keft the kitchen.

He went to his bathroom and sighed deeply.

She should date every man she wants. I said that like I wasn't concerned,” he sighed, “But why do I feel concerned? Why am I attracted to her like that? She's a teen. I need to pull myself together, damn,” he spoke a loud as he hit the sink with his fists.