Chapter 12

Forbidden fruit

The next day, Minhyuk woke up as tired as he was before going to bed. He barely slept, tossing and turning in his bed the whole night.

He kept thinking about what happened the day before in his head. He kissed another woman, he made his friend believe he would give a chance to Eun-Chae and he'd have to be seen with this woman if he wanted his secret live to be protected.

He will have tow women now to care about amd more lies to handle.

Gosh, it was alreay hard to deal with Hye-Mi, now I have Hye-Mi and Eun-Chae,” he sighed in front of his bathroom mirror, “I must want to live like in a korean drama or something,” he breathed out.

He got ready and left for the firm. There he walked to the break room to take a coffee. Tae-Yong was alreadt there, drinking his own cup of coffee.

Hello Tae-Yong,” he greeted as he poured himself a cup.

Hello partner, how are you doing?”

I'm fine,” Minhuyk replied, sighing and sitting on the couch.

Are you sure? You look exhausted. If I didn't know you, I'd say you were out all night long,” Tae-Yong chuckled.

No I wasn't but I think I'd have preferred that,” Minhyuk uttered, taking a sip of his coffee.

Hey, what's wrong? Is there something to worry about?” Tae-Yong asked as he sat next to him.

No, well...” Minhyuk paused, “Tae-Yong, did you ever have the feeling that...even though you're trying to do something good, no matter what you do, you're going to fail eventually? I mean making decisions to get the best outcome, but it brings the worst instead?”

Well my friend, yes sometimes. We think we're doing the right thing, but we aren't thinking as straight as whe should because our feelings, for example, can change our vision of right and wrong. But why? Did you do something wrong?”

I don't know, maybe. I'm slightly lost this morning,” Minhyuk gave the hint of a smile.

You know, you can tell me anything,” Tae-Yong said, putting his hand on the his partner's shoulder.

It's alright, you don't need to know. I'll fix it on my own, don't worry. But thanks,” Minhyuk smiled at his friend.

Okay, but I know it's not something that bad. You're a good guy and you're unable to hurt people,” Tae-Yong stated, standing up.

Tae-Yong took his cup of coffee and left the room. Minhyuk sighed, before his phone vibrated. He smiled, seeing a message from Hye-Mi.

Hye-Mi: “Morning! I know it was my turn to call this morning but I woke up late and ended up late for school. I'll call you at lunch. I miss you.”

Minhyuk chuckled, that was his Hye-Mi, nearly all the time late for school. It was the Hye-Mi he was falling in love with, the one he missed very much.

Minhyuk: “I think you should change your alarm clock. I want to see you. Can I pick you after school?

Hye-Mi: “Sure, I'd love to. School over at 5:00pm.”

Minhyuk: “See you then.”

Minhyuk sent his last message and put his phone in his pocket. He will his girl and from then on, nothing can darken his day. At lunch, Hye-Mi called him and they agreed to meet in an alley across from the school.

At 5:00pm, Hye-Mi left school, said a quick goodbye to her friend and ran into the alley. When she got there, she saw Minhyuk's car, flashing its lights to her. She smiled and went to the car.

Hello honey,” she pecked Minhyuk's lips.

Hello princess. But wait, I don't deserve a better kiss?”

We're not far from college.”

Why do you think I parked here? We can do anything in this car, nobody's around,” Minhyuk smiled.

Anything?” Hye-Mi inquired, slightly nervous.

Anything...” Minhyuk replied seductively before coming closer and kissed her.

They kissed tenderly before Minhyuk pulled Hye-Mi closer to him. He smiled at her and kissed her more passionately. They stopped for a few seconds, gazing at each other's eyes, feeling their mutual breaths on their lips. Minhyuk put his hand on Hye-Mi's thigh and brough her into another kiss.

While kissing her, Minhyuk was caressing her thigh, slowly making his way up under her skirt. The fact he wasn't seeing her as much as he wanted, made him crave every kiss and every touch.

Minhyuk...” Hye-Mi broke the kiss, “Stop...” she breathed out.

What?” he inquired, between two quick kisses.

I don't want to go further. I mean...Not now. You know I never...”

Minhyuk looked at her, surprised. What did she think they would do? And what did she mean by she never...?

You never what?” he asked softly.

I've never been intimate with someone. Sooo...” she uttered, looking down.

Minhyuk looked at her surprised, before smiling tenderly at her.

You thought we were going to do something naughty right now? No, I was just craving for you because I missed you. And thanks for telling me about you being...”

Yes...” she blushed, “I think about it, I mean don't think that you couldn't be the one...I would like to but...” she stammered.

Minhyuk smiled lovingly at her and hugged her tightly.

Whenener you'll be ready, ok?” he whispered, “And I don't want your first time to be in a car,” Minhyuk chuckled.

Me neither,” she smiled, before kissing her boyfriend.

Hye-Mi, would you like to come over at my place? I have some time before going back to the firm. We could be just the two of us, for once.”

Sure, let's go.”

They were on their way to Minhyuk's appartment when they stopped to a red light. Hye-Mi was looking at her boyfriend, who was lost in his thoughts. During the drive, he was very silent. He was so joyful earlier but now, he seemed far away.

Minhyuk? Are you alright?” she inquired, putting her hand on his thigh, “You're very thoughtful.”

Hmmm?” he looked at her, “No, I'm fine,” he stated before looking in front of him again.

Are you sure? Minhyuk?” Hye-Mi turned her boyfriend's head.

Well...I think I need to talk to you,” he replied, seriously.

Sure, about what?” she asked, worried.

At home, okay?” Minhyuk uttered before starting the car.

Hye-Mi sighed and slumped in her seat, looking outside. She was thinking about what Minhyuk had to say to her. Maybe he wanted to break up, knowing she was a now, but what they shared on the car earlier, was too strong for that.

Minhyuk glanced at her and sighed. He wanted, he needed to talk to her about Eun-Chae. If he had to fake an interest for another woman to hide their relationship to Tae-Yong, Hye-Mi needed to be aware of it.

They arrived to Minhyuk's appartment and sat on the couch. They snuggled in each other's arms, savoring this rare moment alone.

Hmm, we're really good here,” Hye-Mi stated, caressing Minhyuk's hand she was holding.

Yes we are,” Minhyuk confirmed, kissing her head tenderly.

Hye-Mi looked at Minhyuk before kissing him, putting her hand on his cheek.

Minhyuk, there was something you wanted to tell me,” she caressed her boyfriend's cheek.

Yes...” he sighed, “But I don't know how to say it.”

Just say it,” she shrugged, “I don't bite you know,” she smiled.

Minhyuk smiled back, rubbing his hand on his neck.

Right, but don't cut me off, okay?”

Okay,” Hye-Mi replied, worried.

Minhyuk told him everything about Eun-Chae; their lunch arranged by her father, their kiss and more important, his decision to keep seeing her as a shield for duping Tae-Yong.

Are you serious?” Hye-Mi screamed, standing up.

Hye-Mi wait, it's not what you think,” he stated, standing up aswell.

Really? And what should I think? You're dating another woman than me, how do you want me to react?” she raised her voice.

I'm not dating her!” Minhyuk raised his voice too, making her startle. She didn't expect him to have such a strong and manly voice, “I'm just faking an interest in her to fool your father. I don't have feeling for her.”

But her...it looks like she does. She thinks you could have a relationship together. I can't believe I'll be the one being hidden while you'll be strutting all over with her. Did you think about what I'd feel?”

I'm doing only that!” he screamed louder that he thought, “I think...” he sighed, “I think about you all the time. I'm always thinking about how I can protect you, protect us.”

I don't want protection, Minhyuk. I think I'm mature enough. I just want to be with you, is it so hard to understand?”

But why do you think I'm doing all this? To stay with you, to find a way to hide our love so we'll be able to enjoy it.”

Hye-Mi didn't answer and just sighed, loudly. She stared at Minhyuk who was breathing pretty fast from his anger. Suddenly, Minhyuk's phone vibrated and he looked at the message. It was a message from Eun-Chae.

It's her?” she asked, folding her arms.

Minhyuk didn't answer and turned his phone off.

Answer her, don't make your future new girlfriend wait,” Hye-Mi uttered, walking away.

Hye-Mi! Wait!” Minhyuk walked after her, catching her arm, “Let me drive you home.”

He was about to caress her cheek but she turned her head away.

Hye-Mi opened the door and walked to the landing, waiting for Minhyuk. The brunet sighed, before joining her. When they arrived to Hye-Mi's house, she got out of the car without kissing Minhyuk, who looked at her surprised and sad.

She came in her house and walked quickly to the stairs, hoping to not be noticed.

Hey my girl,” Mee-Na said coming from the kitchen, “How was your walk with your friend after school?”

Great mom,” Hye-Mi replied without looking at her, trying to hide her sadness, “Really great.”

Alright, do you want something to drink?”

No, I'm going upstairs. I have some studying to do.” shee replied before running upstairs.

She went in her bedroom and feel on her bed, letting out a big sigh.

Why did I fall in love with him? He's stupid, it's like all the others,” she uttered, throwing her pillow across her bedroom.

After he drove Hye-Mi back home, Minhyuk went to his firm. He wasn't sure he would be able to focus on work, but at least, it will keep his mind busy. He didn't want to be at home, just brooding so he walked into his office with a sad face. He felt like Hye-Mi and him just broke up, even if they didn't.

Only a month of dating and already a big argument and it was entirely his fault. He was supposed to be the adult in this relationship, but he acted like the less mature one.

He walked by Tae-Yong's office and sighed.

Tae-Yong was wrong. I'm not a good guy and I hurt someone very badly today, his own daughter.”

He went in his office and sat on the desk chair taking out his phone. He typed a message for Hye-Mi, knowing that she probably wouldn't talk to him on the phone.

Minhyuk: “Hye-Mi, I'm so sorry for everything. I didn't want to hurt you. I hope you know it.”

Minhyuk slumped in his chair and waited for an answer. He waited for hours but his phone never vibrated.