Chapter 1

Forbidden fruit

Kang Minhyuk and Park Tae-Yong knew each other for 10 years. Tae-Yong was Minhyuk's father's friend and his mentor when he was studying law. When Minhyuk finished his law school, Tae-Yong offered him his first job a as a lawyer. Now Minhyuk and he were partners.

Despite their age difference, they became really good friends. For Tae-Yong, Minhyuk was the son he never had. He was the father of two beloved daughters but he always wished to have a son. A relationship he had thanks to Minhyuk.

It was Saturday and a beautiful sunny day. The evening before, Minhyuk received a call from Tae-Yong. He invited him to come over and see the new house he'd just acquired, in a very residential neighborhood of Seoul.

Once he was ready, Minhyuk took his car and drove to Tae-Yong's new house. During the drive, his phone rang. He put his earbud in and answered the call.

Hello?”

Minhyuk, it's Tae-Yong. Where are you?”

Hi Tae-Yong, I'm on my way. I'll be there in maybe 10 or 15 minutes. I'm trying to find your street.”

Alright. Do you need more indications or it'll be alright?”

Hmm no, I think I just turn at the right corner. See you!”

See you!”

He finally arrived to the house. Tae-Yong's new house lwas a really beautiful modern house.

Minhyuk rang the bell and Tae-Yong opened the door, nearly immediately.

Hey Minhyuk,” Tae-Yong greeted as he hugged him, “So how come you're late? I've known you for years and you're never late.”

I'm never late at work,” Minhyuk smiled, “No I try not to be but as surprising as it seems, I overslept.”

You? What happened? Don't tell me you finally found a girl who kept you awake if you you see what I mean?” Tae-Yong asked, with the hint of a smile.

I do see what you meant but no I didn't. And don't tell me I'm a monk,” Miinhyuk chuckled, pointing at Tae-Yong.

Tae-Yong laughed and they came inside. Tae-Yong gave Minhyuk a tour of the entire hpuse which was as beautiful inside as the outside. The house counted 4 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms.

They went into the living room and Minhyuk sat on the big black couch.

What do you want to drink Minhyuk? Whisky? Vodka?”

I love beer you know it,” as Minhyuk gave the hint of a smile.

Tae-Yong took a beer from the mini fridge, gave it to his friend before sitting in the armchair in front of Minhyuk.

Aaaahhh,” he sighed, “So what do you think of my new home sweet home?”

It's great,” Minhyuk nodded, “I like the modern style pretty much.”

While they were talking, Minhyuk noticed a silhouette passing in the corridor.

Hey Hye-Mi! Come here a minute,” Tae-Yong called.

The slender person Minhyuk slowly walked in. This silhouette belonged to a beautiful young woman. She had a pretty light skin, long black hair and long and thin legs. She was wearing a tight black jean and a sleeveless white top.

Minhyuk stared at her. She was a teenager but was already pretty y for her, maybe a little too much for her age but he couldn't deny she was beautiful.

Yes dad?” she asked in the doorway, folding her arms.

Minhyuk looked at her, suddenly surprised.

Dad? Hye-Min? It can't be the same little Hye-Min I used to know,” Minhyuk thought to himself.

Hye-Min, come over here. Do you remember Minhyuk?”

Of course I do. Hi Minhyuk,” she greeted, walking until she was standing in front of him and holding out her hand.

Minhyuk stood up and shook her hand lightly, staring at her.

Hi Hye-Mi! You grew into a beautiful woman. How old are you now?” Minhyuk inquired, smiling.

19 and thanks. You still look good too for your age,” she replied with a malicious smile.

Minhyuk smirked and sat back on the couch. Hye-Mi sat on the armrest next to her father.

Well, it's been awhile since I've seen you. I guess the last time, you were maybe...that tall,” as Minhyuk mimed the height of a baby with his hands.

You're kidding me, right? You didn't know my dad yet when I was as tall as you said. No, I was definitively taller than that. I was at least as tall as...”

She mimed the height of a young girl with her right hand. Minhyuk looked at her, surprised. She got quite of a temper.

Yes, she's right Minhyuk. She was already 12 when we met for the first time,” Tae-Yong smiled.

Hye-Mi smiled at Minhyuk with an “I told you so” look and it kind of irritated Minhyuk.

Alright, fine. So where have you been since then. I haven't see you around these last years.”

My sweet daddy here,” as she put her hand on Tae-Yong's shoulder, “thought it was better for me to study in a private school overseas in Japan. I was 14, so it was just for my teenage years. Great idea, right?” as she smiled at Minhyuk with a beautiful smile.

Hey don't complain, you had a great education,” Tae-Yong stated.

Yeah sure, if you say so. But now that I've graduated, I'm back and I'm attending college to become a journalist.”

A new reporter is born,” Tae-Yong smiled making Minhyuk smile too.

Maybe. Excuse me, but I have to leave now,” Hye-Mi uttered as she stood up.

Where are you going again?”

I'm going out tonight. I need to find my clothes for the evening. Bye Minhyuk,” she said, leaving the room.

Minhyuk looked at her as she left, discreetly glancing at her body. He couldn't help to think she had a good body, greatly highlighted by her clothes. She was young but had a body of a real woman.

Hey Minhyuk, are you with me?” Tae-Yong inquired, snapping his fingers.

Huh? Oh yes,” Minhyuk smiled, “It's just I can't believe it's Hye-Mi. The little girl. She turned into a beautiful woman, Tae-Yong. You should be proud.”

Yes and I'm proud of all the guys around her too,” Tae-Yong sighed.

Minhyuk smiled and took a sip of his beer. They talked about the house again before Minhyuk felt the urge to pee.

Tae-Yong, where are your toilet?”

You have to go upstairs. The one on the first floor isn't working yet. It's the second door on the left.”

Okay, thank you.”

Minhyuk was barely upstairs when someone bumped into him violently.

Hey, can't you watch your steps?” Hye-Mi said angry, “Oh Minhyuk, sorry,” she apologized, softening her tone.

I wanted to kill my sister if she was here, so I'm just going to take back my dress. It irritates me when she borrowes my clothes without telling me and doesn't give them back. Youdon't have this problem, you...”

Well, I have an older sister,” Minhyuk shrugged.

Very funny. I don't think you share your clothes,” she ironized.

Minhyuk just smirked, scratching the back of his head. A move that Hye-Mi found pretty cute.

If you came for the toilet, it's right here. See you!” as she went into her sister's bedroom.

Minhyuk shook his head as Hye-Mi left.

What a temper,” he sighed.

After using the bathroom, Minhyuk was about to go downstairs, when he noticed the door of Hye-Mi's room slightly ajar. Naturally, he was curious, he slowly came cloer, opening it a little more.

Hye-Mi was from aback. She was slowly taking off her t-shirt, revealing the lace of her black bra and her soft light skin. Minhyuk swallowed a little, puzzled by this vision. As he guessed earlier, she had a good body and despite her young age, he found her attractive.

Minhyuk! What are you doing here?”

Hye-Mi's voice brought him back to reality.

Nothing. Your door was opened and...well...”, he stammered, “It's not really an excuse, right?” he uttered, blushing.

Hye-Mi shook her head with a perplexed look before smiling at him.

Well, you have great dark eyes, that's something. C'mon here.”

Hye-Mi took his hand and led him to her bed. Minhyuk was embarrassed to walk in her bedroom, but he sat down, looking at her questionably.

You will help me to chose between this purple dress or this light pink one,” she stated, showing him the two dresses.

Hmm the light pink one. It's more discreet.”

You have good taste for a man,” she smiled.

She began to pull her t-shirt off and Minhyuk turned his head away quickly. For sure, she wasn't uncomfortable with her body and by undressing in a of a man she barely knew. He could hear her giggling from his embarrassment.

I'm done, you can look at me again. So, what do your beautiful eyes think?”

Minhyuk looked at her and smiled shyly. Hye-Mi was really beautiful.

It looks really good, I made the right choice,” he smiled, “And what is this outfit for?”

I'm going out to a party tonight,” she replied, brushing her hair.

It seems you're going out a lot according to your father.”

Well, what do you want me to tell you? I'm young and pretty so I have fun,” she shrugged, “You never did that in your younger years?”

At this moment, Minhyuk looked down. Partying never was one of his favorite past times. He studied hard in school to enter a great colleged and never really stopped working from then. Now, he was 26 and clubbing wasn't his priority anymore.

Hye-Mi looked at him, her hands on her hips. She thought for a moment before coming closer to Minhyuk.

You know, you could call me if you want to go out. I know the good places and with a grow up by my side, I think I'll be able to get in everywhere,” she uttered with a charming smile.

Okay, but I don't know if your dad will appreciate us going out anywhere together.”

Who says we have to tell him?” Hye-Mi said gazing into Minhyuk's eyes.

Minhyuk held Hye-Mi gaze for a few seconds before standing up the bed, clearing his throat. Hye-Mi smiled and went to take a piece of paper.

So let's do that. Next time, you want to go out, just call...” as she handed him the piece of paper where she wrote her phone number.

Okay, I'll think about it.”

They smiled at each other and Hye-Mi came closer to Minhyuk.

I'm happy to see you again Minhyuk,” she stated before kissing his cheek.

Minhyuk! Minhyuk! Where are you?” Tae-Yong yelled from downstairs.

I'm coming!” as Minhyuk rushed to the door.

Before leaving, he turned around to look at Hye-Mi. The young lady mimed a phone call and mouthed “Call me” before smiling at Minhyuk, who responded with a slight smile.

Hey Minhyuk, were you lost or something?” Tae-Yong asked as Minhyuk joined him.

Hmm no, no....I was speaking with Hye-Mi.”

Oh okay. It's true that it's been a long time without seeing her. So now, let me show you the pool,” as Tae-Yong wrapped his arm around Minhyuk's shoulder.

Minhyuk nodded, putting Hye-Mi's phone number in his pocket. He took it but he didn't know why. Even is Hye-Mi was a very beautiful and attractive woman, she was also Tae-Yon's daughter. Minhyuk could have any women he wanted if he wanted to but this one was a forbidden fruit.