CHAPTER 2

The Purple Haired Manager

"Mom this is too much." Jisoo groaned as her mother handed her a key for a  car and an apartment. 

"What do you mean too much? I'm just looking after you. You need a shelter and a transportation." Her mother exclaimed. "Too much is if I force you to take this black card." 

"Unnie." Jisoo was looking for a back up on her mother's ridiculous "gift". That black card her mother insists she take is one step away from the life that suffocates her.

"Just accept it Jisoo, we still need to fix your apartment." The older laughed. She's been there too and there really is no point arguing with their parents about their "gifts".

She sighed and chuckled. "Well, I'll accept the car and the apartment but not that card." Her mother sighed. "Thanks for this mom. Tell Dad, I'll miss him." She hugged her mom and kissed her cheek. "I love you two so much." 

"I love you too, take care okay? Call me when you get settled." 

She nodded and waved goodbye.

Jisoo was silent the moment her car entered the city premises. So far things are going according to how she had planned but she just can't help but feel lonely with the way her father handled the situation. 

"You have to admit that mom really did well on choosing your car." Ji-yoon chuckled as she ran her hand on the cars leather interior.

"I appreciate that but I prefer something less costly than this one to be honest."

"Oh please, you are a Kim no Kim should be driving an ugly car." Ji-yoon laughed at her sisters way of toning down her lifestyle. "I bet your apartment is huuuuuge." Her arms are making a giant square in the air.

"Unnie, can you just please drive carefully." 

Jisoo could only shake her head at her sisters antics. 
....

"Oh, God."  Jisoo chuckled as soon as she saw where they are heading.

A luxurious apartment near Han river. She should've chosen her apartment she chuckled to herself.

"Oh man." Her sister groaned.

"What?" She eyed her sister curiosly.

"Bamseom xi" Ji-yoon clicked her tongue. "I was so convinced that you're their favorite daughter but I guess I was wrong." I honestly thought that they would get a fancier apartment than this." 

Jisoo looked at her sister as if she just grew another head. 

"You're ridiculous." Jisoo shook her head and went down the car as soon as her sister parked.
.....

"Good morning Ms. Kim, I'm Joon." A lanky man showed up and introduced himself as soon as she mentioned her mother's name in the reception area. "I'm Mrs. Kim's agent. She had specifically ordered us to help you with your moving." He forced a smile. " Is there a specific time of when your things are arriving?" 

"Uhhh..." 

Jisoo has nothing to move actually, except for her clothes and other personal stuff. Her mother insisted for her to leave things behind as it is in her room because she can't bare to see an empty room on their household.

"Some will arrive later. Would you mind showing us the room please?" Her sister came to her rescue.

"Yes, sure. Please follow me." Joon was a few steps ahead of them.

"Jisoo, if you insist on living independently you should know how to talk like an adult." Ji-yoon whispered to her side. "Your awkwardness is too painful to watch." 

Jisoo blushed. "Yah, I know how to deal with people, my social skills are up there." She pointed the ceiling. 

Her sister only raised an eyebrow and was about to speak but Joon beats her to it.

"So this is your place Ms. Kim." He opened the door. "This is a four bedroom apar..."

"Four bedroom?" Jisoo exclaimed which earned her a pointed look from her sister.

.....

"My feet is killing me." Jisoo groaned as she plopped herself down on her new couch. It's past midnight and soon the sun would shine again. 

The Kim sisters had just finished decorating her room and the living room. She looked around her place, there is so much things to do and she can't help but sigh by just imaging it.

"Thank you." Jisoo smiled at her sister.

"No problem little sis." Her sister ruffled her hair. "I'm glad you took this step. That was brave you know." 

Jisoo saw the burning ember in her sister's eyes. The moment she opened the idea of moving out of their house, her sister had been very active of showing her support. Ji-yoon knows how hard it is to be dictated and bossed around. She gave up alot of things that could have made her happy because she valued what her parents want and now that she's seeing Jisoo with the same dilemma, she was determined to help her sister out. Not wanting history to repeat itself.

"You know I couldn't have done all this without you. I really don't know where to start." Her voice broke a little as she fights her emotions to spill out.

"Take it step by step Jisoo-yah. I'll help you through and through." Ji-yoon reached out for her hand with an assuring smile. "So have you found any job yet?" 

The evident shock on Jisoo's face was enough to have her sister toppling in laughter.

                             //////////

It's been a few days since Jennie's manager had resigned and the younger couldn't help but feel a bit sad knowing that whoever her new manager is, would never compare to her Yunho oppa.

"Jennie, you lucky ." Yeri the maknae of their group made another grand entrance on their waiting area.

"Good morning to you too, dearest maknae." 

"Gosh, where is your manners Yeri-ah?" Rosé tried to reprimand the youngest member but they all know Yeri, she's the embodiment of an evil maknae. Manners is obviously last on her priorities.

"That's not on her dictionary Roseanne." Irene there leader said as she gracefully sip on her coffee. "What gets you so riled up with Jennie anyways?" The eldest asked.

"Jennie unnie." Yeri have this dopey smile as she pulls a chair near Jennie.

"Yes, Yeri-ah." She tried to mirror the dopey grin.

"I heard you'll be attending the Prada fashion show with Irene unnie." 

Jennie laughed. "Silly, I know that already." 

"Prada?" Sooyoung asked. "Isn't that a bit off putting for Chanel?" The tallest member spoke while applying her lip gloss.

"Nothing's official yet with Chanel." Yeri corrected with which Jennie agreed with a nod.

"Are you Jennie's manager now?" Rosé asked with a giggle.

Jennie chuckled lightly in agreement to Rosé. Jennie glanced at the eldest member but Irene can only shrug at their maknae's quirkiness.

"Soooooo, as I was trying to say before you guys rudely interrupted me." Yeri moved closer to the brunette. "Your new manager is a she. I hope she's pretty."

The rest of the BlackVelvet members giggled at the maknae's giddiness.

"Yeri-yah, we have the best visual here, stop disrespecting her." Sooyoung threw a used tissue at Yeri's seat.

"First of all I am not disrespecting Irene unnie, second It was my wishful thinking. Third, I heard she'll be introduced to us on our next concept meeting." The youngest was wiggling her eyebrows suggestively at Jennie.

"Yeri-yah, you never fail to mesmerize me with your bionic ears." Jennie pats the maknae's head while chuckling.

"Well, I like girls...." Yeri shrugged with a smug smile.

"Generation." The older girls said in unison.

"I like girls generation, yes." They all laughed and joked more while waiting for their recording. 

"Hi, everyone." The members lit up when they saw Wendy with her now shorter hair. Sooyoung, Rosé and Irene were too busy admiring the new haircut that Jennie just took the opportunity to squeeze more information from Yeri.

"Yah, Yeri-ah, have they found a new manager for me or do I still have to share Lisa with Rosé?" 

"What's wrong with Lisa?" Yeri chuckled knowing well enough that the young manager from Thailand is just way to energetic for her Jennie.

"Nothing, she's actually very attentive and funny but you know it's such a hassle when Rosé and I have two different projects." Jennie sighed with an obvious frustration. Remembering when Lisa had to leave her during a photoshoot because she had to pick up Rosé from recording. She honestly feel bad for the Thai manager. She didn't even have to mention that the young manager is a little too invested with Rosé.

"From what I heard from Seulgi and Lisa, the company is still considering about sourcing outside or you know having a shuffle with the managers from the other groups." Jennie heaved a sigh from what the maknae said.

She knows most of the manager in their company so having them as her own manager just gives her more reason to miss her old manager. There company is known to have strict managers, rarely do they encounter managers that treat them like a real person.

"But you said they'll introduce her on our next meeting." 

"That was there target date, who knows if they found someone already." The younger shrugged.

This is going to be a long month without her own manager. Jennie groaned at the thought.