CHAPTER 8

The Purple Haired Manager

"WHO LIKES PRETTY GIRLS?!" 

The door literally flew open and made the old friends jump a little at the sudden intrusion. 

"Miss Kim." Vincent's voice was a little bit shaky as he recovers from his initial shock. 

"Oh! Mr. Lee, I didn't know you'll be here. Where's Mr. Yang?" The BlackVelvet's youngest was tiptoeing around the area in search of the former ceo.

"Well uh, I'll explain later. Why don't you just grab a seat and eat some snacks." Vincent pointed the communal table behind him. 

Yeri's eyes twinkled as she examins the food on the table which to be honest was a surprise for the idol because the CEO never really prepared anything special for them."Damn, Mr. Yang finally emptied his pockets huh. " 

Jisoo giggled and was surprised to see her friend sweating bullets. 

"Vincent calm the down and act like your the goddamn CEO of this company." She muttered at him. "God you're such a wimp." 

"Sheesh, such a ." The CEO scoffed.

One by one, BlackVelvet's member walk inside the lavish meeting room complete with a table filled of snacks. 

The head manager glanced at an unfamiliar face, who was just seating there like she's bored while the new Ceo happily welcomes the girl group. She was about to walk and accompany Jisoo but to her surprise, Chaeyoung had beat her to it.

"Jisoo." 

The new manager's train of thoughts halted when she heard a familiar voice. 

"Chaeyoung, hi." She smiled brightly. " You look lovely today." Jisoo's eyes scanned the idol's cute floral dress up to her slightly curled blonde hair.

"Really? Thanks." The blonde giggled as she grabs a seat in front of Jisoo. "Do you mind?" She asks.

"Uh, no! Just seat there and be pretty. I won't mind." 

Chaeyoung rolled her eyes and smiled. "Keep the grease down, Jisoo." Their giggling stopped when Lisa sat beside Jisoo all the while exaggerating clearing. 

"Lisa are you okay?" The blonde worriedly ask her manager. 

"Yeah, just some stupid sore throat." Lisa spoke while stealing side glances at the stranger beside her.

Jennie saw Lisa's "discreet" side eyes but the manager was far to bad at it that she might as well glare at her upfront.

The brunette scoffed as she pulled a chair beside Chaeyoung. She crossed her arms as she look at the uninterested woman sitting opposite her blonde friend.

A new investor? Judging by the expensive choice of clothing and airy demeanor. 

Jennie is used to meeting arrogant and over confident investors. Their company, especially their CEO loves to flaunt BlackVelvet. She knows the girls hate it too whenever it happens. The CEO loves to use them as a way to gain investors and it irks her that those greasy old men thinks that they could date them because they've got money to invest. 

"Is something wrong, miss?" 

Jennie felt a nudge on her side. It was Chaeyoung who was looking at her questioningly as the stranger opposite her leans her body towards where she was seating. 

"I-uh, what?" Jennie asked Chaeyoung. "What did she say?" 

"You're staring at her dummy." Chayeoung giggled.

"Am I?" Jennie raised an eyebrow, wondering if she was really that obvious. The idol glanced at her temporary manager, Lisa and she too was nodding that she was indeed obvious with the staring.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable." the idol bowed in apology and seemed cool with it but she was actually fidgeting under the scrutinizing eyes of the stranger.

Jisoo gave a polite smile and bowed back. Seeing that Vincent had to roll his eyes because Jisoo is being her usual 'I'm rich and poised' self.

"Are we all settled in?" Vincent was standing in front of everyone with a smile.

Seulgi the head manager of BlackVelvet nodded and smiled. "Yes, Director." 

Jisoo heard how the woman addressed Vincent and she can't help but snicker at Vincent's apparent nervousness.

He cleared his throat and like pupils who's scared of being called by the teacher, everyone at the conference room was paying undevided attention to the new CEO.

"Good morning everyone, as you all know our company is going through some internal changes." 

Everyone nods at that including Jisoo.

"Mr. Yang had been our CEO ever since the company started and he did great wonders to put us where we belong now but unfortunately some issues were not addressed well during his leadership and because of that the board has decided to put on a different face for the company." BlackVelvet giggled when Vincent pointed himself and made a funny face. "There will be an official statement for my appointment but since you were the first meeting I have since I sat here might as well tell it now, but please let this be among us for now." Everyone nodded in understanding.

"Now that we're done with the boring part, we can finally move on to someone who I hope can be an interesting addition to our company." Eyes quickly darted towards the only unfamiliar face in the room. 

Jisoo cleared , slightly embarassed now that she is the center of attention.

"Good morning everyone, I'm Kim Jisoo." 
Jisoo bowed and Yeri hollered and clapped which prompted more clapping from the members and their respective managers.

"What are you all clapping for?" Vincent was taken aback and they all looked at Yeri. "Anyway, my dear friend here, Jisoo, will be your newest manager." The CEO locked Jisoo's head in his buff arms. 

"." Jisoo muttered as Vincent ruffled her hair like a kid and sat down frowning.

Chaeyoung giggled and Lisa's eyes widen when she saw Jisoo smiling back. Again jennie was there to witness Lisa's hopeless pinning over Chaeyoung.

"There will be a few changes with the managerial assignments so, let's start and discuss that now."

Seulgi along with Vincent had went trough the upcoming schedule of the group everyone was listening apart from Jennie who was too distracted with Jisoo.

The strange woman seems to not fit the role and she wonder why someone who could wear such expensive clothes would bother to work as a manager.

"Jennie!" 

Rosé elbowed Jennie lightly to get her attention.

"Uh, y-yeah?" She stuttered.

"You'll be in running man with Chaeng. This is a pre-promotions schedule before your comeback so you girls know the drill." 

The idols nodded as Seulgi continues to explain their schedules.

"So, Irene and Yeri, you'll be under my care." 

Yeri scoffed "As if you'd pay me attention." 

Seulgi squinted her eyes and Irene gave Yeri a warning look. 

To Jisoo's eyes it was intense. Something is definitely going on, so she squinted too just to see if she'll know what's going on. 

"Lisa..." The tall blonde girl beside Jisoo perked up. She's too energetic for Jisoo, but she seems nice and less uptight than Seulgi. "You'll have Wendy and Joy."

"What?" 

"What?"

Joy and Lisa groaned for an entirely different reasons, so Wendy frowned.

"Hey!" She pouted and Lisa chuckled.

"Peace Wendy! Nothing personal." The Thai manager chuckled.

"So, that means Jennie and Rosé, will be with Jisoo." 

Chaeyoung made a small victory dance in her seat while Jennie, Jennie is quiet cause she doesn't really know what to expect. 

Jennie thinks tht this just cemented the fact that Yunho is actually not his manager anymore.

"Questions? Suggestions? Anything they would like to clarify?" The team leader asked. 

Lisa raised her hand.

"How come Jisoo got Jennie and Rosé, she's new and both of them will be having a few out of the country schedules, wouldn't that be hard for her?" Lisa looked at Seulgi then to Jisoo. "No offense Jisoo." 

"Offense taken." Jisoo frowned at Lisa.

Vincent had already left the meeting room as soon as Seulgi gave the assignments and Jisoo was glad that he isn't here to witness her flipping the switch at the Thai manager.

Lisa frowned back. "Hey, I was just looking out for you girl. You're new and you don't seem to have not worked yet once in your life and that's fine, but I really don't think you should handle Jennie and Chaeyoung both at the same time." 

Jisoo didn't like how Lisa went personal and she was certain that the blonde stepped on a line there. She was done with being underestimated. She decided not to speak a word and just show her how things should be done, the Jisoo way.

"I see no problem with that, Li. There will be a scheduled appointment outside of the country that includes the whole group, I think Jisoo can get the hang of it by the time they have to fly solo." Jisoo nodded at Seulgi. "Wendy and Joy will be in a travel program show so they too need you to focus on them. Chaeng and Jennie's schedule wouldn't be in conflict during the whole promotion so no reason to worry." 

Lisa just huffed and Jennie had to give her a look because she was acting like a kid. The Thai manager quickly sat upright and glanced at Rosé who was still smiling because Jisoo is her new manager.
......

"Jisoo, do you know how to drive? Do you have a license? I've got an international one." Lisa asked smuggly to Jisoo who was walking infront of her. "Cause you know we have to drive all the time. You better be a good driver because Jen..."

Jisoo sighed and faced Lisa, who in shock almost dropped her bag.

"Listen, Lisa." The purple haired manager sighed. "This isn't a competition, I have no intentions of beating you as the best manager here in Black Label or in any other idol companies out there. This is the last time I would talk to you about this and If you continue to be an about it, that's on you." Jisoo walked away but turned around again to say something. "And please tone down your jealousy, Chaeyoung and I are just friends. If you want to make a move then stop looking at her like you can't reach her, cause she's literally just in front of you." 

Lisa was just standing there at the hallway, mouth agape. 

"Ohhhhh, she's feisty." Seulgi laughed as she pats the tall managers back. "I agree with the jealousy and making a move part." 

"Y-yah!" Lisa shouted and covered her face in embarrassment. "Did she just implied that I'm a wuss?" 

Seulgi laughed louder.

.......

"Jisoo-unnie!" Yeri the, youngest of the group, called the new manager as soon as she arrived at the cafeteria.

BlackVelvet is there sitting and laughing over some silly stuff that Wendy has probably said.

"Yes." Jisoo smiled and Joy whistled lowly.

"Oh, wow" Joy laughed.

Jisoo seemed lost at their reaction. 

"Don't mind them Jisoo, they're just being." Irene looked at Joy and Yeri who was gushing over Jisoo's outfit. "Weird." 

The new manager laughed awkwardly. "No, it's fine, I think they're funny."

"They're clowns, we've been knew." Wendy commented.

The everyone laughed except those whose the of the jokes.

"Why don't you sit with us Jisoo. You know, get to know us before we all head home." Irene offered a seat beside her.

Jisoo blushed and sat there beside Irene, who not to mention is really beautiful up close but is also really kind.

"I-uh..." Jisoo awkwardly shift on her seat while the members glance at her from time to time in between their chatting and eating.

Jisoo felt her phone vibrate. She looked surprise and glanced across the table to see Chaeyoung offering her a slice of cake. 

Jennie watched as Jisoo smiled and politely declined at Rosé's offer. She wonders how the hell did Chaeyoung met Jisoo and what seems to be going on between them.

........

"Are you sure? I'm really sorry, all the company cars were taken and Lisa's car is on the mechanic " Seulgi worriedly ask, Jisoo.

"I'm sure, Seulgi. Don't worry, I'll send them straight back home." Jisoo assured before calling the girls to wait for her at the parking lot of the building.

Yeri and Jennie gasped when they saw Jisoo's car.

Yeri was in awe and Jennie gasped because that was the car she scratched when she tried to drive by herself.

"I call shotgun!" Yeri quickly climbed to the seat beside Jisoo.

"I'm sorry my car would be a little too tight for you guys." Jisoo apologized where in Irene just said no worries and thank you.

It was a mess on the back seat because Jennie and Irene had to sit on their member's lap just to fit and they kept complaining about someone poking their .

"We're almost there." Jisoo announced and Yeri was surprised because she didn't even ask for their address.

"Did the company tell you about our place? How come you know about it already?" Yeri squinted. 

"Not yet but I know where you live." The manager spoke while concentrating at the road.

"Are you a sasaeng? How the hell did you know that if you the company didn't tell you?" The maknae whispered suspiciously.

Jisoo chuckled. "I've met Chaeyoung there." The manager glanced at the confused idol. "I'm you neighbor." She grinned 

"Neighbor?!" Yeri shouted and the commotion at the back stopped. 

Joy leaned forward and looked at Jisoo.

"You live in Bamseom Xi?" 

"Uh...yeah? I just moved there." Jisoo was too shy about the fact that she lives alone in an above average priced placed.

"Alone?" Irene asked.

"Mhmm." Jisoo hummed.

"Oh my God! I knew you were rich." Yeri exclaimed. 

"I-I'm not rich." Jisoo cleared as she park on the vip entrance. 

"Either you sell our private informations or you're just really rich." Yeri said and now everyone is staring at her. Worried that the company might have hired a sasaeng by accident.

"My family has a business, okay? That's the only reason why I have this things." Jisoo sighed. "Is that a good explanation." 

The manager glanced around and sighed one more time when she saw the skepticism in their eyes, well except for Chaeyoung but she can't tell her members that she's been into Jisoo's place a few times. Irene would definitely scold her.

"Fine, go check my place." Jisoo sighed, defeated.

......

[A/N]

Long time no updated bidjes! 
Always keep safe ladies and gents, wash your hands and just read a fanfiction at home. 😁