CHAPTER 11

The Purple Haired Manager

A/n: please don't mind the typo or wrong grammar. This was made only when my boss wasn't  looking. Enjoy.
.........

Jisoo stretched her sore back as she sits on the practice area's wooden floor. The cold glass behind her back was doing it's work on keeping her distracted of the pain.

"Are you good?" Lisa is eating some snacks beside her, which she then offered to the newest manager. The animosity the Thai woman had with Jisoo had diminished after establishing that despite considering Rosé's possible crush towards Jisoo, the purple haired manager shows no interest on her except for their friendship, and that calmed the storm on her. 

"My back is killing me." Jisoo tried to reach her back and massage it but it has no effect.

"You know the company has massage chairs on the third floor and a masseuse who comes every other day. You should visit either of them." Lisa suggested. 

Jisoo hummed and nodded. The past few weeks had been a blur to her, from the photoshoots to the interview, to some tv guestings and a lot more preparations for the album. The manager could barely keep up with what's happening around her.

"Do we have an on call psychologist too? Cause I really need some mental break right now." Jisoo watched as Seulgi enters the practice area, while carrying loads of food and water. She rushed to aid her and the head manager thanked her for the help. "Please tell me how you do this." Jisoo said and Seulgi laughed. "No, really tell me." Seulgi did a double take at Jisoo's expression and patted her head. "We have a masseuse on the third floor and this is my therapist's number." Seulgi gave her a calling card. 

Jisoo's mouth went agape. "I'm serious, you'll need this." She put it on Jisoo's pocket and shouted a break for the girls.
The purple haired manager went back to sitting beside Lisa who is now watching her curiously. "She's the head manager for a reason." Lisa nudged Jisoo's side. "Trust her, we've all been there." Lisa opened a new snack and this time Jisoo ate with her. "We're family here, things aren't easy but we all manage." 

Jisoo then watched as BlackVelvet laugh and joke around while they eat. Finding more respect for the whole crew as they all work hard and persistently.

.........

"Hey! Stranger." Rosé giggles as she went in front of Jisoo who was busy on fixing their schedule.

"Hey" Jisoo's attention was 100% on the phone in her hand. "Do you need anything?" She asked with a tight lipped smile when she finally looks up at Rosé.

The idol is glammed up as it's her schedule for another photoshoot. 

"You look tired." Chaeyoung frowned. 

Jisoo laughed. "Thanks for noticing."

The blonde idol sighed. "Let's hang out tonight with Jen. She's worried about you too, you know?" 

Jisoo glanced behind the blonde and noticed that Jennie is indeed looking at her through the mirror, while they're fixing her hair.

Jennie smiled and Jisoo smiled back before looking at Rosé.

"You have MV shoot soon, you two should rest." The manager sighed. 

"We all need this Soo, especially you."

"Cause I'm new?"Jisoo supplied.

Chaeyoung hummed and run her hand on Jisoo's hair. "We don't have to drink, let's all just unwind." Jisoo closed her eyes while feeling the idol's hand on her head.

"You know, I should really get laid." Jisoo joked and knowingly earned a smack on her arm from the idol.

"Keep it together, woman." They both joked around until Rosé was called for her turn. "Don't miss me too much." The Aussie winked and Jisoo made some gagging sound.

"You two seems to be so close." Jennie grabbed a seat beside Jisoo and naturally she handed her a water with a straw in it. "Thanks." Jennie said.

"Hmmm, maybe." Jisoo smiled and watched as Jennie ever so slowly take her time to drink. "Uhm, Jennie, do you want to hangout tonight?" The idol asked after a few seconds of silence.

"Yeah, sure." Jennie said in a heartbeat. "Where do you wanna go? There's still a lot of VIP lounges you've never seen." Her perfectly lined teeth showed as she was smiling widely.

"Nah, maybe just in my place, we can cook or bake something, maybe watch a few movies and call it a night." 

That's so domestic, Jennie wanted to joke but Jisoo and her are not yet on that level of closeness. So she decided to agree so she can get to know more about the purple haired woman beside her.

"Sure." She said as she handed Jisoo back the bottle.

"Great! This was Chaeyoung-ah's idea. She better have plans for tonight." 

The manager did not notice how Jennie's shoulder sunk slightly when she heard Chaeyoung's name. 

The idol on the other hand is conflicted why Jisoo's smile as she mentioned Rosé's name left a silly feeling in her stomach.

....

"Should we wear our pjs?" Rosé jumped into Jennie's bed. 

"You've got no plans for tonight, don't you?" The older idol squinted.

"We're hanging out with her, we don't need plans." The blonde said while fiddling with her phone.

.....

"You said we don't need a plan." Jennie murmured while they were sitting awkwardly on the couch, while Jisoo was busy on a phone call. 

"I thought she has a plan!" The blonde defended.

"You suggested to hangout." The older idol is now massaging her temple. "we should have brought some food at least." 

"She always have something in her fridge." the blonde stated in a matter-of-fact tone.

Jennie's brows raised ever so slowly.

"I didn't know you two were that close." The brunette swears she didn't mean to sound like a jealous girlfriend but somehow it did came out as such with her extra emphasis on 'that close'. 

Chaeyoung scoffed and waved her hand dismissively. "We're not close like 'that'. I just happened to meet her on a low point in her life and you know how that brings people to open up, right?" She pulled Jennie towards the kitchen.

Jennie watched as the blonde rummage through Jisoo's surprisingly fully stocked fridge. 

"Ohhh, look a steak!" Rosé danced around while holding a two big vacuum sealed steaks. 

"I love steaks!" Jennie's mouth watered a bit. "Do you know how to cook it properly?" Emphasis on the properly.

The blonde stopped dancing. "Let's just fry it." 

The brunette frowned. "You can't just fry it, we'll ruin it if we do it wrong." 

The idol's jumped in fright when Jisoo appeared out of nowhere. 

"I see you've found my meat." Jisoo crossed her arms.

"That sounded wrong." Rosé winced.

Jisoo frowned, confused.

Jennie nodded in agreement with the blonde. "Agree." 

"W-what?" The manager was flabbergasted. "Yeah, stop touching my meat then, if you think it sounded wrong."

"Tsk! Still wrong " The blonde shook her head and gently lay the steak on the marble top. 

The brunette just pat the manager's shoulder and smiled. "She's being silly, don't mind her." Jennie then pulled the manager towards the marble top and asked. "Do you know how to cook, Kim Jisoo?"

....

Turns out, Jisoo can cook and Rosé who was so eager (not) to prepare the meal left the kitchen as soon as she knew that their manager can cook.

"Yah! Park Chaeyoung, comeback here and help us cook." Jennie hollered while washing the vegetables they'll about to roast. 

The blonde gave a non committal 'yeah' and proceeded to lie down on Jisoo's expensive couch.

The manager chuckled and told the brunette that she can rest too and just wait for the food. Jisoo lightly tugged on the tray Jennie was now holding.

"Nah, let me help you." Jennie tugged back on the tray. "It may not look like it but I can cook, you know." The idol cocked an eyebrow at her manager.

The purple haired manager let out a defeated laugh. "Fineeeee" she said.

The two then fell into a comfortable silence as they put their concentration to what they were cooking. 

"Do you need help, Jen?" Jisoo was craning  her neck to check if the idol is done with chopping some side dishes.

Jennie did not notice before but, Jisoo looked really nice with her apron on. Again, very domestic with their matching apron.

The way she carried on with her task with finesse, momentarily stunned the idol. Her manager could pass as an idol too, to be honest.

"Jen?" The manager wearily repeated, the idol's name.

"Hmm?" Jennie distractedly hummed. 

The manager laughed and went at the idols back to help her tie her hair. 

"H-hey..." the younger woman weakly protested in embarrassment.

"I don't  know about you but I prefer not to have hair on my food." She laughed.

Jennie chewed on her lip as she felt the older woman's hand carefully running on her head as she lightly pull her hair. 

"" she breathed lowly and prayed for her sanity. Berating herself with how she took pleasure with the skinship from her manager. Oh, how long she's  been held by someone else.

"Done!!!" The purple haired woman lightly tapped the idol's  shoulder. "Awww, look at you, Pretty" she sounded like a prpud mom.

The younger girl blushed and forcibly bowed down her head to concentrate on chopping.

Jisoo is a wonderful woman, Jennie justified her actions inside her head. If she feels a teeny tiny bit of attraction towards her, that was because she look up to her as a person. Jisoo is definently  admirable, despite having linited knowledge about her. Just like Seulgi and Lisa, she's  someone she looks up to.

"Just like Seulgi and Lisa..." she repeated albeit  loudly.

"Huh?" Jisoo scoffed. "Seriously, Jen, take some rest. You've been spacing out far too much." 

Jennie shook her head. "Just let me finish this an-" 

Jisoo's  eyes almost popped out of her head when she saw Jennie's bleeding finger.

"!" The older girl isn't scared of blood but damn that's too many blood. Jisoo quickly gathered her medical kit and pulled Jennie to the kitchen table.

The ruckus on the kitchen got the blonde's  attention and so she rushed beside the two older woman. 

"Oh God, what happened?" 

Jennie turned pale at the sight of her bleeding finger. "I-uh..." she did not finish her words as her panicking manager got her attention.

"......keep it cool, Jisoo." The manager kept on repeating as she rummage through the kit.

Jennie, despite her throbbing finger, chuckled. 

Rosé on the other hand had to roll her eyes at Jisoo. "Move, Ji!, I'll handle this." 

Jisoo nodded and sat beside Jennie. "Are you okay? Should I send you to the hospital?" 

Jennie despite in pain had let out a loud laugh with how Jisoo is panicking. "I'm fine, I swear" with her good hand, she held Jisoo's  hand and squeezed it a few times to asure her that everything  is fine.

"Ready, Jen?" The blonde asked and the brunetter nodded. "In 3...2.."

"Aaaaah!" 

"Aaaaah!"

Jisoo and Jennie both shouted. Jennie in pain and Jisoo in shock.

Rosé  had to put down the cotton she was holding because, Jisoo's  reaction is waaaaay to funny for her. 

", that must have hurt." Jisoo cleared and patted Jennie's head. "You know what? I'll go finish our meal, I'm sure Chaeng can handle your-your wound."  She scrambled to her feet and went to prep their meals away from the two laughing idol.

"She's such a dork no matter how cool she appears to be." The blonde shook her head while still giggling.

Jennie on the other hand was laughing way too much, she's almost crying. 

"I didn't  know she's scared of blood." The brunette said, smiling to herself because she got to know a bit more about Kim Jisoo.

The blonde just shrugged and with a smile she wrapped Jennie's finger with a band aid. "Done!" Rosé  jokingly kissed the wounded finger. "For fast relief." They giggled.

....

Whatever mayhem happened earlier was forgotten as soon as Jisoo finished cooking. 

Jennie and Rosé just stayed in the living room, watching whatever it is on the tv.

"I'm done cooking, should we just eat here and watch movies?" The manager asked.

"Hmmm, sure." Jennie nodded. She was supposed to stand and help Jisoo on bringing their meals but Rosé beat her to it. 

"I'll do it unnie." Chaeyoung let out a wide smile of assurance. 

Jennie watched as the coffee table before her get filled with food. 

"I can't  believe  you cooked all this!" Jennie exclaimed once Jisoo set the steak before her.

Jisoo chuckled. "Well." She shrugged  and dusted her shoulder jokingly. "Not bad for a new manager, right?" 

Jennie smiled. "Not bad, Manager Kim". 

Jennie Kim may or may not be having a silly fangirling moment over the pretty purple haired woman who could cook mean steaks.