CHAPTER 12

The Purple Haired Manager

T/w: Internalized homophobia.
............

"Hmmm, you've got no schedule  for this week Chaeng. Please rest well because next week will be hectic." 

Jennie watched in amusement as Jisoo animatedly discuss Rosé's schedule. 

Who would have thought that this woman who did not look like she had worked a day in her life is now an idol manager. Bonus points for being an awesome manager that is. 

"Are you listening Jennie Kim?" 

The idol stopped her musing when her manager suddenly called her name.  

"Hmmm?" She cleared in an attempt to stir away some awkwardness because, Jisoo is definitely going to scold her if she's not paying attention. 

When Jennie said that Jisoo is a good manager, she meant all of it, including the strictness and business mindedness. She's savage and won't  let Rosé and Jennie get abused by some large headed producers just because they included them in their show or made their song. Jisoo was just definetly testing the water when she first arrive, blinding everyone with that sweet smile.

This is why Jisoo has got an infamous reputation inside the industry. She doesn't only stand up for them, she also stands up for other female idols when she sees mistreatment. Safe to say that some hate her guts but she's from CoEx and Vincent is definently backing her up. 

Jisoo had also shown a stricter side of her,  she's still the silly purple haired they know but ever since the announcement of CoEx merging with the K Holdings. She's  been more obsessed with her job.

"We're only booked in this meeting room till 12 pm. Please pay attention while I ran all the details, okay?" Jisoo exhaled and the idol felt guilty of not paying attention.

"Soo...." 

The older idol watched as Chaeyoung ran her hand up and down on their  manager's arms. Squeezing her shoulder from time to time. 

"Relax...if we don't finish it here today, we can always go somewhere else." The blonde assured.

Surely, their friendship grew after Chaeyoung  suggested their little unwinding time, it had been somewhat of a routine for Jisoo to cook even once a week or once every two weeks if their schedules allow it. The other members heared of it and now the whole BlackVelvet and their three managers all get together from time to time at Jisoo's place.

Jisoo in some air and gave Jennie a tight lipped smile. "Sorry. I was just too caught up with all this works. I know you're both tired." The purple  haired manager  reached out for Jennie's hand and gave Chaeyoung a smile. 

"Why don't  we just bring this somewhere else. Maybe a café?" Jennie suggested. "All this formality is making my head hurt." She said.

The blonde nodded and Jisoo just sighed. 

"Fine, we'll take my car, Vincent had been nagging me for hogging the company car."

"Dibs on the front seat." The two idols declared.

"Hey! I got dibs first!" Chaeyoung whined.

"We said it at the same time, what are you taking about?" Jennie looked offended. "Plus I'm older, unnie gets to decide for the seat." 

The two idols continued to quarrel as Jisoo shook her head with a chuckle.

"I'm actually the eldest here so I'll decide." Jennie and Chaeyoung stopped their bickering, their attention solely focused on Jisoo. "You both stay on the back seat." Jisoo smirked and went out the door, leaving the two idols groaning. 

.......

"Buckle up kids, we're leaving." Jisoo glanced at them through the rear view mirror a broad smile is gracing her face.

"Stop calling us kids! Kid" the blonde said, disgruntled.

Both idols scoffed and so does Jisoo. "Stop acting like it then." 

One thing the two idols learned about Jisoo is that she's stubborn maybe just as stubborn as them if not more. 

The drive to the café they frequent was silent. Neither of the  two parties are willing to back down. 

"Are we there yet?" 

Jisoo chuckled. She glanced at Jennie through the mirror and she was obviously uncomfortable  with the silence and Rosé was just their pouting and crossing her arms. 

"Almost there...baby." 

Jennie knew that Jisoo is mocking her for asking what kids usually ask but the way Jisoo's voiced dipped lower than how it usually sounds gave Jennie some goosebumps. Not to mention how her lip was tugged ever so slightly for a smirk. 

All Jennie could answer back was a humm and a nod.

....... 

"The usual?" Their manager asked, once they have settled on their seat.

The two nodded. "What about cakes?" Jisoo knows that Jennei and Rosé are on a strict diet plan for their upcoming comeback but she couldn't take their sulky  demeanor and what's a better way to cheer them up than a cake. 

The mention of a cake definitely  got Chaeyoung's attention but Jennie isn't buying it.

"We're on a diet, Jisoo." She said in a matter of fact tone.

The blonde albeit wanting the dessert is agreeing with Jennie. 

Their former managers were very strict with them when it comes to food. Even Yunho, Jennie's  former manager is very health concious that she makes Jennie follow her diet plans without fail. He even go as far as weighing her evey week.

"Oh, come on! No one would tell your manager." Jisoo joked. 

Rosé squinted her eyes at her. Definitely not trusting her.

Jisoo sighed. "Fine, if you don't  want it then...." she trailed.

"Y-yah!....Who said we didn't want it." The blonde frowned.

Jisoo let out a boisterous laugh. "Aigoo, why are you two, such a baby today?" She adoringly pinched both their cheeks. 

Jennie swatted her hand and Chaeyoung snuggled. This earned another laugh from their manager.

Chaeyoung and Jennie watched as   Jisoo coolly makes her way to counter. 

"Does Jisoo give you that vibe?" Chaeyoung asked out of the blue.

"What vibe?" 

"You know what I mean..." 

Jennie is honestly puzzled. "I don't...for real." 

"Just look at her! She gives of that vibe!" The blonde almost cried out. "Jennie come on." Rosé spoke in english out of frustration. 

"Stop the mind games and just tell me." Jennie answered back, matching the blonde's  frustration.

"The gay vibe..." Rosé singsonged lowly. Careful not to let anyone hear.

Jennie scoffed. "Where did that came from?"  The older idol has no gaydar whatsoever and the possiblity of Jisoo being gay blows her mind.

The blonde pointed where her ovaries are. "I felt it...deep down."

"Shut it....that's too scandalous to say in a public place." Jennie blushed.

"What? You asked remember?" The blonde smirked.

"She's our manager." Emphasis on the "she" and "manager" from Jennie.

"So???" 

Jennie was bewildered on how non chalant the blonde can be about this topics. The older idol had always been open about girl crushes but to her it just means that she idolizes them like how some fans think about her. Having a real crush towards a woman is a different story. Something that shouldn't  be written on their books as what the society tells.

"You've had a "special relationship" with Yunho and she's your manager." 

That hits a sore spot at Jennie's  heart. 

"Chaeng that's different." Jennie defended.

"Because he's a guy?" The blonde asked, challenging Jennie's narrow opinion.

Jennie wanted to say yes because deep down she's scared because Jisoo isn't exactly a good news for her or them if what Chaeyoung feels is true, because Rosé is definitely eyeing their manager. Not that she hadn't  suspected before but this just confirms everything. 

"Man...woman...you know I'm not picky unnie." Chaeyoung winked at her. 

Chaeyoung loves to live vicariously and Jennie knows that she has to do something before Chaeyoung ruins herself or their group. Irene has to know, because the last time she kept it hidden from their leader, someone lost their job.

The two fell silent before the blonde spoke again. "Don't worry unnie, I won't do something silly." She pinched the older idol's cheeks. "You don't have to worry about me...or the group." The tall idol smiled, reassuring Jennie's worry which came from 0 to 100. 

........

Jennie watched as Jisoo carefully  highlights her schedule on the clean white paper infront of them.

Glancing once in a while at Rosé,  who seems to be boring a hole at their manager's face. Watching every move she does. Now she's  wondering if Chaeyoung had always done that eversince they  met Jisoo.

She elbowed the blonde lightly and frowned. This earned a giggle from the younger one. 

Jisoo cleared before speaking and the two idol knows that they have to pay attention or else their manager would flip.

"Okay...as I've mentioned before no schedules for you this week Chaeng, but next week will be hectic. Tell me if you want to hit the gym or be somewhere else so I can arrange my schedule accordingly. I don't want you frolicking around the city without me knowing where you are. I'll be asking Lisa to look after you." 

Chaeng nodded with a wide smile. They rarely get an off and she knows she won't  hit the gym because she would just sleep and be lazy the whole week.

"And for you Jen, you've got an overseas project with Chanel in Paris and we'll meet the Gentle Monster team their too." Jisoo was focused on her planner while she read its contents.

"Paris? For one week?" Chaeyoung gasped. "Such a bummer! I get to stay at home for one week and you get Paris!" 

Jisoo chuckled after seeing Chaeyoung's fit. "You can come if you want but the company won't  pay for your expenses. Wait for your turn, cause maybe someone would fly you to Paris too." Jisoo's eyebrows was moving  up and down with a wide grin on her face.

"You're creeping me out, knock it off." Jennie pushed Jisoo's face away.

"What do you mean someone would fly me to Paris?" Chaeyoung perked up. "Let me see my schedule Kim Jisoo!" 

Jisoo was quick to put away her planner and just waved her finger at the blonde's face. "I suggest you take your one week off to learn how to chill." 

Jennie snorted at what their manager said. 

"I'll punch you in the face one day, I swear to God." Chaeyoung mumbled.

.......

"One week in Paris with Jisoo? How dreamy is that?" Chaeyoung barged in on Jennie's room. Disturbing the older idol who was seconds away to sleep.

"What the ?! Jisoo is right, you need to learn how to chill..." Jennie groaned. "Also you need to learn how to knock." 

Rosé just flipped her hair at Jennie. 

"Seriously, what's all this 'I like Jisoo' thing you have. A month ago you were so keen on telling everybody that you guys are friends." Jennie begrdugingly opened the topic because as much as she wants to stay away from the it the more her curiosity gnaws at her.

"I don't like her like that. I just thinks she's attractive."

"Bull, you know that's the start of liking someone." Jennie laughed.

"Well, as you've mentioned before she's  a she and I just can't make a move out of the blue. I don't want to scare her. I'm more worried for her than I am." The blonde played with her nails.

"Chaeng, you've  got so much to loose here." 

"I know that's  why I'm  doing nothing, okay? I was just joking at the cafe..."

"About the vibe?"

"No silly! Jisoo definently gives off a vibe, I told you I felt it in my...."

"I know where you felt it no need to repeat it."

"Yeah there...and don't go all haywire with me for this. You think I didn't notice how you're  always on edge around her?" 

Jennie frowned, I'm not!" She defended.

"Oh please. Woman to woman. Don't you find Jisoo attractive?" 

Jennie pondered. "Well she could definently be an idol so yeah, she's pretty. Plus she's reaaaally smart, caring, she also has a nice smile, y car and she knows how to cook too. She also looks nice when she's brooding. Definetly hot when she got mad over that Mnet PD" 

The blonde scoffed. "Ayyyy unnie, I just asked a yes or no question." Jennie was scared that Rosé 's face may split in half with that big smile she's sporting.

"Well I just cited some reasons "

"Suuuuuure." Chaeyoung has this mocking smile on her face.

" you!" 

"I wish Jisoo would." 

"Yaaaaah!"

"Don't  be jealous, you can join too." Rosé  wiggling her eybrows at Jennie had sent the older girl screaming.

"WHAT THE PARK CHAEYOUNG!!!" 

.......

Jennie has been trashing around her bed the whole night thinking about her day. 

Jisoo does give off a gay vibe but if she judges her choice of clothing, might as well tell that Seulgi and Lisa are gay too. Jisoo is also the type of person to choose comfort over style. 

And Chaeyoung, if she could scream right now she would. Chaeng never liked anyone, ever! So for her to mention her supposed attraction  to Jisoo is a big thing. Cause Jisoo is a woman and Korea is unforgiving with those kind of things.

Which lead her to her own dilemma of accepting, that she too might slightly be attracted to Jisoo. No one really prepared her for such kind of things and as much as people like to call her an ace. This one is way out of her grasp. 

Now, if only someone could tell her what she has to do right now.