CHAPTER 10

The Purple Haired Manager

"Daaaaaamn, look at them!" Vincent was giddly showing a board full of the BlackVelvet's picture. 

"What the ? Why do you have those in your office?" Jisoo sipped at her tea with a chuckle.

"Hey, the creative department wanted to show me some album concepts." Vincent defended. "I'm more involved in this than you think." 

"Welp, that last statement didn't help you at all with all this stalker-ish behavior." The purple haired manager then took a big bite of her biscuit. "It's my day off, Can't you atleast treat me with some good food?" Jisoo groaned, still with a few crumbs of bread in .

"Why don't you just help me choose a few pictures then we can hangout." Vincent tried to persuade his friend.

Jisoo squinted at him and raised her hand. "! That's it! Just call me when you're done. I'll just go and eat something before we go out for dinner. It's already lunch time for Christ's sake." The manager grumbled on her way down to her car and that's when she saw Jennie. 

She was alone and that made her wonder why would Lisa or Seulgi, leave Jennie all by herself.

"Hey! Jennie!" She called out.

The idol who was wearing her "disguise" but really it's just a cap and mask.

"Why are you alone? Where are the others?" Jisoo asked while glancing around.

"Uh, I was supposed to meet someone but she canceled and now I've got no ride back because I told Seulgi that I'll have a ride home." The idol shyly explained.

"Hmmm." Jisoo nodded in understanding. "But I'm here now." She smiled. "Anyway, since your date is cancelled, why don't we just grab ourselves some lunch. Your choice cause really I have no idea where it's safe for you to eat." 

"It's not a date." Jennie cleared.

"Wha-? No, not us." The manager laughed. "Your date, the one you're supposed to meet." 

Jennie giggled. "I don't have a date, I was supposed to meet a friend here but she cancelled for an emergency meeting from her company." The idol explained and watched as Jisoo nodded with a pout. 

"Okay, if that's what you say it is." The manager smiled, raised her hand in surrender then pointed a thumb towards her car. "So, lunch?" She smiled widely and Jennie contemplated for a bit before saying yes at Jisoo's grumbling stomach.

.......

"Ooohhh, Fancy." Jisoo marveled as she sat at the luxurious leather booth. "I didn't know they have this lounge areas." 

Jennie removed her attention to the menu and asked the manager. "You've been here?" 

Jisoo just hummed in agreement while still looking at the menu. 

"Ms. Kim." The buttler greeted. "It's nice to see you here again." 

Both Jennie and Jisoo looked at the man. 

"Which Kim?" Jisoo chuckled. 

"We're both Kim." Jennie nodded with a giggle.

The buttler smiled. "It's always lovely to see you Ms. Jennie Kim." Which the idol then smiled and raised an eyebrow at Jisoo. Feeling proud as she is a regular in the famous restaurant.

Jisoo then chuckled. "Oh, Kibum, just cut the crap and take our orders." 

The idol then looked puzzled.

"Her sister owns the restaurant." Kibum mouthed and Jennie's mouth formed an "o".

"Well, Ms. Kim and Ms. Kim, are you ready to give your orders?" He smiled charmingly.

......

"I can't believe you own this restaurant." Jennie said while cutting her steak.

"This isn't my restaurant. It's my sister's." The manager clarified politely.

Jennie watched as Jisoo carefully cut the prime cut of beef before her. Jisoo cleared when she saw the idol staring at her.

"Something wrong?" 

The idol shook her head but then spoke after, either way.

"Actually, yeah, I mean, no, nothing is wrong, it just puzzles me..." 

Jisoo chuckled at the idol's rumbling.

"About what?" 

"Nothing." Jennie just waves her hand in dismissal. 

The manager watched as Jennie divert her eyes to towards the window while sipping her glass of wine.

"I really love the food here." Jennie managed to salvage the awkward air around them when Jisoo started talking about the restaurant and her sister.

Jennie kept on getting distracted all throughout the conversation whenever her manager would smile or laugh, she thinks Jisoo would definitely pass for an idol if she ever changes her mind and change her career.

"Did you ever consider to be an idol?" Jennie asked out of the blue while they're eating their desert entré."You know you could pass as one." The idol circled her fork in the air, tracing the manager's face.

Jisoo put down her spoon, tucked a hand under her chin and smiled. "You know you could say I'm pretty." 

Jennie chocked on her ice cream. 

The purple haired woman shook her head as she hands the woman a glass of water. "I'm joking." 

Jennie chugged the glass of water and Jisoo watched the idol comically do so. She noted that despite the resting face and the unwelcoming aura at times, Jennie really isn't much different from her. She offered her a napkin and smiled.

"Jennie Kim...." 

Jennie stopped wiping and curiously looked at her manager.

"...I'm glad I saw you at the parking lot." 

The idol did not blush she just shyly bowed her head and ever so lowly whispered. "Me too...Nayeon can it for changing plans last minute."

.......

"Can you believe it?! Unnie's restaurant has a secret lounge area for celebrities?!" Jisoo exclaimed as soon as she strapped in herself on the passenger side of Vincent's car. 

The CEO chuckled and explained how he actually asked Ji-Yoon to partner up with him in making an extension of her restaurant as a safe place for celebrities.

The manager then rumbled about how her life is a lie and how come everyone is keeping things as a secret from her.

"Oh, honey, it's not even a secret! You're just too busy figuring out yourself this past few years and it's totally fine." The CEO smiled assuringly.

"I'm tired already." Jisoo whined.

"What do you mean you're tired?" Vincent glanced at the purple head sitting beside her. 

"Today, I'm tired today." Jisoo reclined her seat backwards.

The CEO frowned. "But you said, it's your day off." 

"It is my day off." Jisoo mumbled a few more words before drifting off to sleep.

.......

", wake up!!!" 

Jisoo groggily opened her eyes upon waking up from a violent shake from her friend.

"Come on they're waiting for us!" Vincent exclaimed.

"They? I thought it would just be you and me?" Jisoo rubbed her eyes and fixed her hair through the mirror.

"Did I say they?" Vincent feigned, ignorance.

Jisoo just rolled her eyes and let the CEO lead her into another secret vip lounge from another popular fine dining restaurant.

"Do you own this restaurant too?" Jisoo said as she marveled through the dimly lit hallway.

"Ji-Yoon does." Vincent watched Jisoo's reaction in a side glance.

"Excuse me?" Jisoo raised her hand in surrender. "Does father know about this?"

Vincent smiled. "Do you think he knows?" Jisoo was caught of guard.

"He doesn't know?!" She exclaimed and Vincent had his head back in laugh.

"Of course he doesn't! You know he won't approve of it." Jisoo was following Vincent along the hallway and she almost wanted to say 'are we there yet?'

"Seriously, how long is this hallway?" She tried to peek before the tall CEO.

"Hey, no peeking!" Vincent tiptoed before Jisoo in hopes of blocking her view.

"You know you can't hide anything from me." The manager squinted her eyes.

"I can't because I'm not hiding anything!" Vincent defended with his arms across his chest.

"Liar! Who did you invite?" The manager peeked again behind Vincent.

"Gosh, there's really no hiding from you Kim!" The CEO rolled his eyes and went running till the end of the hallway. "Come on! Run, you lazy human!" Vincent coaxed the manager into running. 

Jisoo rolled her eyes and just took her time in walking.

"You're not in a music video." The blonde chuckled as she slowly makes her way to wards the surprised manager.

"Hey! I know you!" Jisoo chuckled as she too moves slowly towards the woman. 

"Do you?" The blonde's eyebrow raised ever so slowly as a smirk makes it way to her lips.

Jisoo stopped walking and studied the blonde's outfit. 

"Nice dress." She smiled. "Is this some kind of a coincidence or Vincent did something really dumb?" Jisoo squinted her eyes, a playful smile gracing her lips as she did so.

During the whole interaction between Jisoo and Rosé, Lisa was there spying on them.

", help us!" Jennie hissed as she tie a balloon near the door.

"Shut up! I'm guarding the door." Lisa quipped.

"Guarding the door my . They're just talking." Jennie tied one more balloon near the door entrance and took a quick peek at what Lisa's been ranting about.

Rosé is animatedly twirling on her dress in front of Jisoo while talking.

"Is she flirting?...are they...."

Jennie had never seen a melting person, but Lisa breaking down dramatically is honestly what she think it would look like.

"Chill, woman. Chaeyoungie is doing her part." Jennie said as she peel the Thai manager away from the door. "Here." She handed her a confetti popper. "Do your part when she gets in." 

.....

"What's taking them so long?" Vincent was tiptoeing at the door, watching as Jisoo plays hard to get while Rosé pulls her to the room.

"Should I go and help Chaeng?" Seulgi asked, ready to put down the cake she's holding.

"Nah, they're almost here." Vincent was happily jumping near the door.

The girls were amused as the previous CEO would never welcome a manager nor jump in excitement in front of his colleagues.

"I like him, he's really cool." Seulgi lightly elbowed Irene. 

"They're here...they're here." The CEO turned of the light and everyone went to their position.

The door creaked open as the tall blonde went in followed by her manager.

"What the ? Vincent you prick!" Jisoo groaned and lights went on.

"Surprise!!!" They all shouted and only Joy's party popper popped.

"Lisa the ?" Jennie laughed as she enjoy the manager struggle on twisting the party popper.

"Stupid thi...." She gave it another hard twist and their it went bursting on Jisoo face. "...."

"Geez...really Lisa?" Jisoo groaned one more time. 

"Hey, I just twisted it, I swear I was not aiming on you." The Thai put her hands up in the air, coming clean of the accident, before Rosé comes pouting at her.

"Lisa, you've hit me too." 

The Thai manager was opening and closing like a fish out of water. Clearly surprised that her crush is talking and pouting before her.

The purple haired manager just shook her head and went to Jennie. "Hey!"

"Hey!" Jennie answered with a slightly higher tone than the usual.

Jisoo stepped closer to Jennie and the idol unconsciously moved backwards. 

"Do I have something on my face?" The manager asked, pertaining to the party popper bomb she had on her face.

"Uhmmm." The idol was forced to study the manager's face and formulated a highly objective conclusion that Jisoo is indeed one hell of an eye candy. And so she swallowed, hard. Her nervousness was apparent because Jisoo seemed to be aware of it.

"Is my face red? Did I have a scratch or something?" The woman asked, her hands roaming on her smooth face. 

"N...no, I just..." Jennie stuttered. "What's your skin care routine?" Her eyes widen and Jisoo let's out a loud laugh. 

"Would you believe me if I say it's Au naturale?" Jisoo smirked with one eyebrow raised.

The idol copied the manager's expression and they both laughed.

"Welcome to the team Jisoo!" Seulgi happily went beside the two Kim's while holding a cake. 

The purple haired manager grinned so widely that her lips resembled a heart. Jennie took note of that.

"Thank you, Ms. Kang." 

The monolid manager chuckled and said that Jisoo should just call her Seulgi because a team member of BlackVelvet is automatically a family member.

"Stop the small talks and let's go straight ahead to party town!!!" Vincent had his tie around his neck as Jisoo keeps on hitting him with a balloon lying around the private videoke room that they rented.

"He has no shame, I'm sorry." Jisoo bowed repeatedly in behalf of Vincent and the girls just giggled at how cite the two friends are. 

The night went on filled with chatters, hollering, laughs and of course crazy picture that the social media wouldn't know about. 

Vincent and the gang finished past midnight before his driver arrives to pick them all up. 

Jisoo and Seulgi who didn't drink much tried so hard to keep all BlackVelvet at bay not to mention Lisa who was drunk beyond sanity. 

Vincent was laughing at how Lisa is drooling while sleeping while he himself was doing the same albeit awake.

"Damn, Joy is heavy." Jisoo groaned as they assist the tallest member of the group.

"Hmmm, Jisoo-ah, what shampoo do you use?" Joy giggled as she sniff the manager's hair. "And it's so shiny." Joy stopped walking and stared at the manager. "Whoa, you're glowing!" 

Wendy swooped in and gave a hard smack on Joy's arm. "Hurry up! We all want to rest. Stop swooning over Jisoo." 
Wendy dragged Joy to the car and gave an ok sign at Jisoo while grinning.

The manager then ran to the car and went straight to sit on the back only to find out that Jennie was sprawled on the seat.

"Scoot over, Jennie" Jisoo lightly nudged the drunk idol. "I swear to God." Jisoo groaned and lifted Jennie's head so she can sit. "Now behave and don't puke." Jisoo lightly tapped the idol's nose.

Although she's sleepy Jisoo managed to stay wake for the whole trip, thinking that sleeping for a short car ride isn't worth the headache she'll get later. So she did the next best thing to do, play with her phone, which she reached out of her back pocket but unfortunately has its battery drained.

Jennie then started snoring a bit and Jisoo wished she has atleast 10% of her phone battery so she can save a video of the idol's snoring.

Jisoo smiled at the sleeping beauty on her lap. Maybe, just maybe Jennie Kim could be one of the most complex person she met.

Stealy eyes and candy heart, Jennie Kim is a woman she'll protect along with the rest of BlackVelvet. She's sure of that.