CHAPTER 3

The Purple Haired Manager

A/N: I don't proof read, sorry. I just write because I want to hehe.

Jisoo had been lying on the floor for a few hours now. So far she is enjoying her freedom away from the shadow of her father. But it also feels new to her that she's doing nothing with her free time. 

Back in their own house, Jisoo barely has anytime for herself. Her father had took it upon himself to enroll her on different classes during her elementary and high school years and when she started college she thought she would actually have some time to explore her individuality but again her father had insisted for her to take extra business and accounting classes. Too much for being thankful that she studies abroad.

"Are you just going to lie around all day?" Her sister had graciously sat at her couch and turned off the TV so they can talk quietly.

The younger took in the appearance of her sister, her tired eyes boring down at her. 

"You look....like you need some rest." The younger carefully supplied.

"Well you look like you need to work." Her sister countered, her sister obviously took offense of her innocent observation.

"I have sent my CV everywhere mind you." She defended.

"That's not how you look for job Soo. You have to be out there." 

She's been out there, she just wouldn't mention it to her sister of course. She had been into 5 job interviews already and all they we're asking was "why would you not want to work under your father's company?" Or "Your credentials are too impressive for this job, it's a shame to have you in such position". It was frustrating.

What credentials do they even mean? Jisoo had asked her self after her recent job interview. She barely even have the job experience that they were saying. 

"Why don't you just work on our company?" Ji-yoon was certain that the younger girl would retaliate but she tried nonetheless.

"Unnie, Dad thinks that I'am having a "rebellious stunt." She air quoted. "I have already accepted the car and this apartment. If I work under our company, he would only think that I can't handle living alone and you know I can't do that." Jisoo fidgeted. "This isn't me rebelling, this is about me finally taking the reign in my own life." 

Ji-yoon nodded silently. 

"So what have you been up to this days?" The older Kim asked.

"I...uh..learned how to cook." Jisoo pondered. "I also bought a new bike."  

"Jisoo, adulting means buying things that you actually need." 

Jisoo was taken a back. "I do need a bike." 

"Yeah? So what about your car then?" Her sister crossed her arms in her chest. "I bet you bought an expensive bike." 

Jisoo too crossed her arms, copying her sister. "I did bought the fanciest bike." Her chin cocked high. "but mind you buying expensive things  with reputable names are an investment." Her sister's lips twitched  at what she said but she continued. "My car are for long travels, my bike are for places around the apartment, like that convenience store near building D or that coffee shop around the corner. The market place a few blocks from here and of course Han River, which is actually right there but I prefer bikes over walking." 

Ji-yoon tried to suppress her laugh but  Jisoo's reasons was to cute not to laugh at. 

"Mom and Dad really did raise you well. You're charmingly stubborn." The older Kim laughed. "But if you're not aware or you clearly just forgot, which is unlikely to be honest." Her sister sat beside her on the floor. "Jisoo-yah, you don't know how to use a bike." 

"Oh...." 

........

One thing Jisoo both love and hate about herself is her persistence or maybe her inflated ego, depending on the situation really. She was born and raised with compliments so when someone disses her she won't take it lightly. She'd beat herself and do something about it. Like today when she took offense on her sister pointing out her inability to ride a bike.

"Jisoo you don't know how to ride a bike...." Jisoo was mumbling while mocking the way her sister spoke. "I can learn how to ride a bike. That's a piece of cake." 

With flaming determination she rode her fancy bike. 

"This is easy." She's definitely lying.

Jisoo fell for the nth time already and not to mention her bumping in a few trees around the vicinity of her apartment complex. She exhaled, visibly frustrated because a 5 year old can ride a bike and she's 24 for Christ's sake.

She glanced at her watch and saw that it's almost midnight. She took a deep breath and convinced herself that this would be her last ride and she's heading home to sleep and tend on her small scratches here and there.

The brunette held the handle tighter and moved to pedal her way towards the empty playground. Things were going well, she was actually riding her bike until she lost focus and did not saw the humps and just like that she came flying off of her fancy bicycle.

"Ah ." Jisoo groaned as soon as she felt the impact of her fall. Not finding the will to get up from the grass she closed her eyes and groaned even more when she felt her back ache. " my life."

"Oh my gosh are you okay?"  Jisoo groaned louder when a worried voice came rushing beside her.

Talk about embarrassing.

                             ///////////

"What do I have tomorrow, Lisa?" 

The blonde manager glanced at her while driving along the silent high way back to Seoul. 

"You have two days off, congratulations!" Lisa grinned. "Congratulations to me too." The Thai sing-songed.

"God, what am I going to do with two days off?" Jennie whined which earned her a scoff from her current manager. 

"Go on a date or something." 

The idol cocked an eyebrow. "We're not allowed to date." Lisa stifled a laugh at her statement.

"Girl, please there's no point on acting like you're scared of the rule when you don't follow it on the first place." 

Jennie felt like a bucket of cold water was dumped on her head. Jennie dated an idol last year. It was a risky move knowing that they both are from a popular idol groups. If things go out it would be messy but Yunho made sure that it never be out to public, he swore that he would do everything he can. So now that Lisa seems to know something about it, she thought that maybe Yunho lied. 

"Okay, you're frowning waaaay too much. Spill it, come on" Lisa glanced at the silent idol again.

"How did you know?" Jennie was so lost  because she swear no one knows, Yunho made sure that no one knows.

"Are you serious?" Lisa looked at her with disbelief but Jennie's lost look made her stop her chuckle. "You're serious." 

Jennie nodded. 

"Oh..." The Thai manager went silent. 

"Lisa how did you know that I dated before?" 

......

"Jennie are you going outside?" 

The cat eyed beauty stopped on her track when she heard the leader's voice from the kitchen.

"Yes, I...uh just need to run outside." Irene studied her face before nodding at her.

"Don't stay out too late." 

"It's 12 midnight unnie." Jennie chuckled before jogging her way outside the apartment.

"Exactly my point." The leaders' words were unheard as she heard the door close. A sigh escaped her lips as she was again left alone in their dorm.

.....

"Jennie." A tall figure with face mask and cap made her way towards the idol. 

The brunette rolled her eyes. "Lisa come on, remove those or people might think I'm having a date with you or something."

"But I've got colds." The manager reasoned out. 

"Fine but atleast remove the cap." The idol let out a defeated sigh. 

Lisa rolled her eyes as she complied. 

They sat on a nearby bench scattered around the apartment complex. 

"So, how did you know about the date?" 

Lisa stopped rummaging the plastic bag on her lap which the idol totally neglected.

"Aigoo, Jennie-ah, you're so impatient." The manager chuckled as she handed the idol a take out cold coffee. 

Jennie accepted the beverage and gave out a small thank you which made the manager smile.

"Okay, we're not really well acquainted since we never actually have the chance to hangout...."

"We would've been close if you weren't so interested with Chaeyoung." The idol snorted when she saw the blush on the managers' face at the mention of her band mate. "Aish look at you..." Jennie bumped her shoulder against the manager's shoulder.

"Yah, this isn't about me okay?" Lisa protested. "As I was saying, we weren't really close but please don't think that I don't care about you. Wendy and I....you should know that we all care about you." Lisa was playing with the hem of her shirt as she speak "We all knew about you dating that guy from another company." 

Jennie stopped drinking. "We?" She asked.

"Yunho, Wendy, Irene, me and the boss." Lisa glanced at the idol.

"H-how? I was careful." Jennie's voice is laced with panic.

"Not too careful I guess." Lisa shrugged. "It's done now Jennie, no one's blaming you for what happened. " Lisa lightly pat the idol's shoulder while giving her a reassuring smile.

"What about Yunho oppa? Did he leave because of me?" 

"His hero archetype kicked in, you know him." The manager scratches the back of her neck, trying to lighten the mood a little bit.

Jennie's hand flew up to as she fight the tears that are threatening to fall. 

"I-I don't...." Jennie shook her head in disbelief. " I thought..."

"Jennie it's fine, it's done. Yunho knew this would happen." Lisa gave Jennie a reassuring pat. "He considers you as family and trust me, he doesn't regret helping you." 

Jennie watches as Lisa stretches her neck and arms when she stand. A wide grin gracing the Thai's face. 

"Meet up with him tomorrow, I'm sure he misses you." and just like that, Jennie watched as the retreating figure of her manager left her with her thoughts.

 ////////////

"I'm fine miss, like for real." Jisoo groaned out her answer, not entirely convincing the worried stranger looking down at her.

Not to mention that she's been lying down in the grass for a few minutes now.

"Can you stand? You honestly don't look okay. " Jisoo frowned, not understanding the muffled words of the strangers.

"I'm sorry, what?" 

the stranger rolled her eyes and repeated her words. "I said can you stand? You've been lying their for quite a while now."

"oh..." Jisoo's mouth formed a perfect 'o' shape. "Oh....yes..I was just admiring the stars." She laughed and frowned. The stranger mirrored the same expression she has.

"There's no stars tonight miss...It must've been the impact of you falling on that bike." 

Jisoo's eyes widen. She abruptly stand and made her way to her bike. She froze when she saw a scratch on her bike. 

"Wow, good thing it's only a scratch." The stranger commented which earned a look of disbelief from the bike owner. 

Jisoo wanted to shout the price of her new fancy bike but decided to keep it to herself and just whimpered when she saw a dent on the rear part of her bike. 

The loud gasp from the stranger caught the attention of Jisoo. 

"What?" Her voice a mix of exhaustion and defeat.

"Don't panic, okay?" The stranger rushed beside her and held her arm, almost twisting it.  "I don't know if that's a bone or not but you've got a nasty cut in your elbow."

"A b-bone?" Jisoo gasped and tried to look at her elbow but the stranger's tight grasp prevented her to do so. 

"Oh, wait." The strangers' eyebrows furrowed as she examins the wound closer. "I don't think that's a bone. Just a teeny tiny bit of a wound." 

Jisoo was convinced that the stranger was lying so she looked down and gasped. 

"You call this tiny?" Now that she have seen the long wound, her eyes widen when she starts to see the wound starting from her elbow and stoping just a few  centimeters away from her hand. "Oh my gosh." Jisoo panicked and paced around, completely forgetting about the scartches on her bike. "Is this gonna scar? Oh my gosh, I'm gonna have a scar."  

The girl with the mask watched while Jisoo is having a meltdown. Shaking her head with a chuckle she spoke.

"Come with me, let's clean that wound." The stranger reached for her wrist but Jisoo moved it away just in time.

"No offense but I don't even know you." Jisoo raised an eyebrow.

"Non taken." The stranger chuckled. "I'm Chaeyoung by the way." Chaeyoung offered her hand.

Jisoo squinted her eyes as she let her sight travel from the offered hand up to the girls covered face framed with straight blonde hair. She let her eyes quickly scan the girl's body and came to a conclusion that she might not be a threat to her.

The young Kim quickly made an eye contact to the blonde when she heard her clear . The offered hand now crossed in her chest. 

"Are you checking me out?" Chaeyoung was definitely smiling, judging by how her eyes crinkled to the side. 

"What? Why would I do that?" Jisoo asked defensively.

Chaeyoung shrugged. "You tell me, why would you do that?" 

Jisoo furrowed her eyebrows. "I'm not checking you out, okay?" Jisoo murmured a bit about the blonde's confidence. "I'm Jisoo." It was now her  that offered a handshake which was gladly accepted by the blonde. 

"Let's go treat that wound?" Chaeyoung smiled and pointed back to the apartments. "I'm a nice kid, I promise." The blonde crossed her heart with a smile she proceeded to walk ahead of Jisoo.The latter reluctantly nodded but followed Chaeyoung nonetheless.