CHAPTER 6

The Purple Haired Manager

"Chaeng who's that?" The brunette idol groggily asked while on her way to the bathroom.

"Uh, it was Jisoo. Our neighbor." The blonde idol smiled as she locks the door.

"Oh, so you're making friends now?" Jennie said as she nods towards the door. 

"You know me unnie, I'm the sociable one in the group." Chaeyoung grinned.

Jennie's mouth formed an 'o'. "I thought that was Yeri." 

The blonde narrowed her eyes and threw the nearest object she can reach. Which is Sooyoung's rubber shoes, that seems to have seen a lot of dirty places. Judging by the amount of hard mud under it.

"I'm way more sociable than Yeri, thank you very much." 

"If that's what makes you sleep at night." Jennie ran away from the blonde as she threw back Sooyoung's dirty rubber shoes.

Jennie made it on time for their group dinner. True to her words, Lisa made sure that Jennie arrives safely and on time for their get together. The Thai manager even get to eat dinner with them. Which turned out to be amazing cause Lisa gets to take pictures of them which they get to share with their fans. Everyone is happy. 

////////

Jisoo had been ignoring her sister's call ever since she arrived at her apartment. She's too scared to hear what she might say. Especially now that she had actually severed her relationship with her father. 

Another call was made and the brunette let out a loud sigh as she answer her sister's call.

"Yah, Kim Jisoo!!" Jisoo took the phone slightly away from her ears. Ji-yoon is beyond worried for her and she knows acting distant won't help. "I told you to call me when you get home, it's been 2 hours already." Her sister scolded her more before Jisoo swerved the topic. 

"I'll apply as an idol manager, unnie." The determination in Jisoo's voice could be felt even through the phone.

"Jisoo if you're doing this to spite dad, I don't think I..."

"No! I'm doing this for myself unnie." Jisoo quickly cleared. "I'll do this because I can and I want to. I'll be good at this " she spoke with conviction.

"This is going to be totally different from what you took in the University. It's a messy and demanding job Jisoo. I'm not doubting you, I'm just worried about you." The youngest Kim took the moment as a cue to appease her sister's worries. 

"What's the name of the company again?" 

"CoEx entertainment." 

Jisoo frowned as her sister gasp.

"Is that a bad gasp or a good gasp?" 

Ji-yoon was still surprised but she managed to answer her sister.

"Jisoo-yah how come you don't know anything about K-pop? That's like a major money producer in South Korea." Jisoo groaned . "Stop that, I feel like I've been a bad sister for not bringing you along all those times I skipped tutorials and other special classes." 

When Jisoo said that she spent her time making her parents proud, especially her father, she actually meant that she stay up late studying, Monday to Sunday, every single class that her father wants, she takes them all as if it was the very meaning of her existence. Her happiness is seeing her parents proud of her. When she was younger, she didn't mind that all she does is study and enroll on extra classes, she made good memories back then, she even gained good friends from that, but when she went to college, that's when she felt how wrong she was. She's a late bloomer and her friends took no slack in making her feel life as it should be felt. Maybe it was peer pressure or just her hunger for freedom but she liked everything about California. In her mind South Korea is a place that holds her back, so in her 4 years abroad she did not once check about her mother country. No news, no K-pop, no K-drama, she wants nothing about South Korea. But at their family dinner she realized that it was not her mother country but her Father, who holds her back. 

"Jisoo-yah." The older Kim chuckled. "Stop overthinking and prepare for that interview." Jisoo whimpered at her sister's unwavering support. "Don't go emotional on me tonight, what happened at dinner was enough." Ji-yoon chuckled, wanting very much to pinch her sister's cheek. "Come on get your laptop and search about CoExent, you'd be surprised with it." Ji-yoon giggled before saying goodbye and reminding her to drop at her office before going to CoeX.

Jisoo bit on her lip as she makes her way towards her new computer set up. Ji-yoon would flip when she knows about it, but Jisoo is Jisoo, she'll justify her purchase and would call it again as an investment.

While waiting for her computer to boot up. She made herself a cup of steaming tea, something that help her calm. In between the whirring of her computer and ticking of her clock, she can't help but feel more and more excited for what's about to happen. She's scared but she knows it's what would push her to do great things. 

She'll be different this time. She'll be better.

Jisoo frowned at her monitor because the moment she typed CoeX entertainment thousands of articles both good and bad appeared, it overwhelmed her. CoeX is a BIG company, they're not only limited in the entertainment industry but are also the people behind some of the biggest concert halls, malls and interactive museums in the country, not to mention their other stocks in electronics and vehicle productions. Meaning CoeX is everywhere, literally. It embarrassed her that her hate for anything South Korea, made her neglect such an amazing corporation.

She was sold the moment she saw how the corporation helped different non-profit organizations from stopping global warming up to supporting low income families. Trees and happy families, Jisoo loves those.

After reading a few more articles she have decided to check the CoeX entertainment page and what she saw made her spit her tea on her monitor. 

There is her neighbor in all her blonde glory. 

"Chaeyoung.....is an idol?" Jisoo was dumfounded as she wipes her monitor with her shirt. Her mind flashing back to that time when Chaeyoung seems to be offended of her lack of knowledge about her. 

Jisoo quickly typed Chaeyoung's name and again thousand of articles sprouted. She clicked a fan made article and dried in embarrassment.

Park Chaeyoung famously known as Rosé is the lead vocal and lead dancer of the world renowned group BlackVelvet.

Jisoo scanned the article and saw two familiar faces from the group Irene and Jennie. Chaeyoung showed her their pictures when she accused her of being a reporter. Wendy was that girl who was with Chaeyoung when she walked her back home. Wendy saw her trip.....

She's got famous neighbors, she's even well acquainted (if not friends) with on of them and her stupid doesn't even know. 

//////////

Jisoo was nervously chewing in her bottom lip as she knock on her neighbor's door. 

Her breath hitched when a beautiful brunette gave her a once over. The girl towered over her and despite her lack of make-up, Jisoo knew that the woman before her is Park Sooyoung also known as Joy, another famous person.

"Is..uh..Chaeyoung in there?" 

The tall brunette, Joy, squinted at her. 

"Who ar-" Joy halted her question when she felt Chaeyoung hugging her from the back. 

"Good morning Sooyoungie." 

Jisoo wanted to grimace at Chaeyoung's sickeningly sweet voice.

"Oh, Chaeng-ah, this person is looking for you." 

This person.... She'd let that pass. Jisoo thought.

Chaeyoung smiled and like Joy, she gave her a once over.

"Jisoo, you're looking...."

"Hot." Joy whispered albeit too loudly.

Chaeyoung giggled. "I'd say different but that's a good one too." 

Jisoo's ears felt hot with the compliments but she quickly pushed it under the rug by asking if the blonde is ready to go. Chaeyoung nodded and let the blonde lead the way down to the parking lot. 

While inside the elevator, Chaeyoung had noticed that Jisoo had been intensely staring at her. There eyes met and she was surprised that Jisoo did not falter.

"Wanna say something?" Chaeyoung smiled warmly which caught the brunette off guard. Jisoo's mouth closed and opened as she scramble for words. "You've been staring at me for quite a while now and if I didn't know any better, I'd say you're interested at me." Chaeyoung winked.

"What?" The blonde snorted at Jisoo's stupefied expression. 

"Do you like me Jisoo-ah?" Chaeyoung teased a playful smile ghosting on her lips. 

"Of course not! I was staring cause I was wondering how on earth did I miss that my neighbor is an idol. A very famous one, I might add." Jisoo's tone was laced with an accusatory tone which only made the blonde giggle.

"Oh, Jisoo." Chaeyoung faced her. "You're so naive and so endearing." Chaeyoung went to stand in front of her, a bit to closer than how normal people talk. "Look, let's be clear here okay?" Jisoo nodded. "I'm an idol and you're you, a person who has no idea about K-pop and idol stuffs. You pulled me, okay? That doesn't sound platonic but trust me, I mean this in the most platonic way. I want a real friend, a person who won't judge me because I'm different than what they expect me to be." 

Jisoo saw the desperation in the blonde's eyes. She knows that feeling and gets her. So she hugged the blonde who seemed to relax a bit.

"I got you, kid." Jisoo giggled and soon the younger girl did too. 

.....

"Oh, wow!" The blonde chuckled after seeing Jisoo's car. 

Mrs. Kim bought her the latest Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, knowing how much her daughter loves exploring the wilderness, she thought it would be perfect. She also choose a safer color which is a shiny black with some matte black for some parts, arguing that purple is too much for a car. Ji-yoon, her sister, likes the car but she was honestly wishing something more in the line of a two door sports car but she's in no position to demand so she just accepted it. 

"It looks ridiculous, I know." Jisoo sighed as she open the door for Chaeyoung and quickly moved to ride on the driver's seat. 

"Ridiculous? It's honestly perfect for you. It's totally badass." The blonde clapped which only earned an incredulous look from the brunette. "Plus your car smells......" 

The brunette's eyes widen. 

"What? What does it smell like?" Jisoo is sensitive to smell and it would totally be a bummer if her car smells stinky, because it would reflect negativly to her.

"It smells expensive...just like you." 

Jisoo scoffed but deep down she was actually relieved.

Kim Jisoo is and will never smell like .

//////

"Damn Jisoo, should I call you unnie now or something. Treat me good with that shiney black card while I give you ual favors?" 

"Chaeyoung, I'm pretty sure that's not the reason why my sister gave this to me." Jisoo exhaled loudly. "Plus I'd prefer someone with a sharp jaw, broad shoulders, preferably taller than me, has a good muscle built and oh yeah, a guy. I prefer a guy Chaeyoung. Thank you very much for considering me to be your sugar mom." 

The blonde laughed out loud. "Chill woman, I was joking, you're honestly not my type. But your sister though....."

The brunette groaned. "Oh my God don't even try to finish that."

Ji-yoon was embarrassing.

The Kim sisters had agreed to meet on the parking lot of their father's company, thinking that it wouldn't be a good sight if Jisoo and her father accidentally meet on the hallway. It was chaos waiting to errupt. Turns out it was not her father she should have worried about, it was Ji-yoon. Because clearly her sister has no chill whatsoever when she introduced Chaeyoung. 

"I have never seen her like that before. I'm sorry, I didn't know she'd melt her brain when she meets you." 

The blonde giggled. "It's fine, I'm pretty much used to it right now." 

Jisoo glanced at Chaeyoung, she was still smiling. Then the older girl thought how Chaeyoung is really different when she's with her and when she's in front of the camera. Whichever is true, she's too afraid to ask at this point. 

........

"I have already talked to Chris, he's from the HR department."

"You pulled strings? Chaeyoung- ah...."

"Jisoo, now is not the time to lecture me about that. I want you to get the job, that's why I'm helping you. Don't be offended with it, please."

Jisoo bit her lip, she doesn't like it when people pull string or get out of their way to help her. 

"Fine...thanks but please don't do that again."

Chaeyoung's warm smiles tugged at her chest. "Okay, I promise. Now, just do well with the interview and you're good to go with all the other process. Chris, If you get to be interviewed by the big boss then you're as good as hired." Jisoo chuckled when Chaeyoung fixed her coat. 

"Chaeng, chill out, I got this." She smiled broadly. "Thank you for your help." 

The blonde nodded. "I'm sorry, I got too nervous. Good luck out there." She smiled and waved good bye. "Oh!"

Jisoo raised an eyebrow. "Don't forget to text me when you get the job, okay?" The blonde pulled out her phone and shakes it.

"Okay, mom. Now go!" Jisoo made a swatting gesture with her hand which the blonde answered with a raised middle finger.

//////

"Kim Jisoo...." 

Jisoo watched as the tall, guy with gorgeously trimmed moustache and beared walk around the spacious office. He was intently looking at her CV and he had repeated her name three times ever since her landed on the seat. 

"You have a very lovely CV here and I wonder why would you want to work as an idol manager when clearly, you can be more than that." 

The moustache guy tilted his head when she saw Jisoo stiffly seating on her seat.

"Oh! Oh my gosh, where is my manners. I'm Vincent Choi." The guy offered his hand which she shook.

Jisoo watched as he sit on his expensive looking leather office chair, his eyes crinkling on the side as he smile at her. 

"So, Ms. Kim, about my question?"  

"Well sir, it is with in my best interest to be apart of such an amazing company like yours and what better way to start than be on field with your admirable talents. I firmly believe that my expertise could be of great use when it comes to organizing and dealing with other people in line of being an ido...."

"Ms. Kim, can I be honest with you here?" Vincent and his stupid smile made Jisoo frown in confusion.

"Uhm..."

"Your father..." Jisoo's fist balled tightly. "He's an influential man....I'm pretty sure that he wouldn't be pleased to know that his dear daughter is working with a company other than his." He again stood up. "I'm guessing he doesn't know about this, does he?" 

Jisoo was now not trying to hide her frown.

"Mr. Choi, with all due respect, I don't think that my father has anything to do with my job application." 

Vincent chuckled. "Oh, dear. Your father is very much involved in this. I told you he's influential, right?" 

Jisoo closed her eyes and exhaled loudly. Dissappointment and anger is quickly filling up her body.

"Your father...He personally asked me to decline your application." He sat on the seat opposite Jisoo, searching for a reaction from the woman in front of him.

"God, I'm tired of him." Jisoo murmured and stood up. Her hand clasped tightly around her designer bag. "I'm sorry for waisting your time,sir." Jisoo bowed quickly and made her way to the door but she stopped when she heard Vincent wheezing and laughing behind her.

"Jisoo, you ! Come back here!" 

Jisoo's lips quivered when she saw Vincent's open arms, his eyes looking at her with pure concern. Her small steps turned into big strides as she let her tears fall while he hug her friend.

"You , I thought you didn't know me anymore!" She huffed.

"Whaaaat? How can I forget you? You're literally my only friend all through out highschool. I thought, you didn't know me anymore." He chuckled as he look at her face. "Stop crying, you look ugly." He joked.

"Stop being an , assface." She wiped her tears and smiled widely. "Since when did you become a big shot businessman, Vincent?" She pulled his coat, examining it.

"Last week." He grinned but cleared his throat. "About your dad, Jisoo, Ji-yoon noona told me....I'm sorry." 

Jisoo bit her lip and bowed down. Eyes stinging again as she stop her tears. "It's fine, I just didn't expect things to blow up like this." Her voice was Shakey so Vincent reached for her shoulder and tapped it.

"I got your back, Soo. You should've just went straight to me." He smiled. 

"You know I hate pulling strings and to be honest I didn't even know that you're the CEO." She smiled back.

"Speaking of CEO." Vincent walked to the door and locked it. "It's still a secret, only the board of directors and investors know. We're still ironing some stuffs, because apparently the former CEO has a gambling problem and I'm left here to clean his mess." He offered Jisoo a drink but the latter politely declined, with which he only shrugged about.

"Sooooo...an idol manager?" He started and the brunette nodded.

"What's wrong with it?" Jisoo asked. "Was it really that bad?"

The man chuckled. "Jisoo....you're Kim Jisoo, being an idol manager is so beneath you. You could be CoEx's chairman of the board with that brain  of yours." 

"Then give me that position then." She challenged with a smirk.

Vincent and Jisoo were now having an intense stare down before the man tapped out for a good loud laugh.

"You know I can't do that, ." 

Jisoo faked a sigh. "Damn it you're useless."

"Well this useless is going to give you a job so just be thankful."

The brunette broke into a grin. "So I got it?" 

The CEO nodded with the same wide grin. "If your father knows about this, I'd tell him it was the former CEO who hired you so brush up your lying game huh?" 

"Oh my gosh, you're an angel but still an assface." She hugged him and they both laughed. "Thank you." 

"Don't cry, ugly." He smiled. "Come with me." The tall man pulled Jisoo outside the office. "Time to get a makeover so papa Kim gets your message." 

Jisoo stopped walking and asked. "What message?" 

"That you're a force to reckon with."

 

 


A/N  you guys probably know by now that I'm not sane most of the time, hence the rare update. Plus I'm moving to Dubai ( hit  me up if anyone  here is from Dubai HAAHHAH) in a few days that's why I'm suuuuuper busy.

 Salamat (thank you) for the supporting my fic, the subs, upvotes are really really appreciated.