CHAPTER 7

The Purple Haired Manager

"Woah!" Chaeyoung's smile almost splits her face in half as she saw her neighbour struggling to cover her hair. "Who are you, woman?" Her eyebrows cocked high as she lean on the door of the purple haired woman. 

"Still the boring Jisoo." Jisoo groaned when she felt Chaeyoung's hand on her head. 

"Did they bleach this? Cause they bleached my hair to make it blonde and it hurts like hell." The blonde pouted while running her hands through her blonde locks.

"I don't know what they did!" Jisoo unlocked her door and wait for the latter to come. "All I know is they ruined my hair." She exclaimed as she threw her key somewhere. 

"Ruined your hair?." The blonde repeated. "It honestly suits you though." She said as she reach for Jisoo's remote control for the TV.

"But I'm not a violet kind of girl. I'm more of a blue person or brown like how it's supposed to be." The purple haired beauty sat beside the blonde.

Chaeyoung faced the older woman and stared at her. "Jisoo, anyone with eyes knows that your hair is purple and not violet." 

"Who cares, Chaeyoung! All they would see is a clown with purple hair!" She whimpered as she stared at herself through her phone. "I miss my old brunette self. She used to be so bright and happy."

The young idol could not help but roll her eyes at the now purple haired woman. 

"Stop being so dramatic and just own it." Chaeyoung ignored the older girls' monologue of how she would kill the hairdresser who maniacally colored her hair purple. 

"No one would take me seriously as a manager if my hair is purple!" 

The blonde stopped flipping channels and stared at the seething woman.

"You got the job?" She asked with wide eyes.

"Yeah, why do you look so surprised?"  Jisoo stopped her pacing. 

"I didn't think you would actually want that job. I mean it doesn't pay that well." The blonde sat at the countertop. "Not to mention the work hours ."

"I don't need much money, Chaeng. I just need to start somewhere." Jisoo's arms were crossed as she stand in front of the blonde idol. Both of them falling into their thoughts when suddenly Chaeyoung's stomach rumbled. 

"I'm hungry." She spoke with a bit blush on her cheeks.

"I heard, Chaeyoung. Loud and clear." The older laughed.

.....

"Where are your band mates?" Jisoo is whispering as they tiptoe in the living area of BlackVelvet.

"Solo projects." 

Jisoo glanced at the idol when she heard the unmistakable venom from her voice.

"All of them?" 

The blonde rolled her eyes. "Yes, Jisoo. Let's just not talk about it right now." She waved her hand dismissively. "Can you cook?" The blonde ask.

"Nope, but I can swim though." 

Chaeyoung's demeanor changed, soon her giggles were filling the empty flat.

"And what does that have to do with my hunger?" 

"Well you can just stare at me swimming while you're eating a bowl of rice." She moved her eyebrows up and down.

"Uhg, why are you so greasy tonight?" The blonde grimaced.

"Must be the violet hair." Jisoo smiled.

"Purple." The idol corrected.
......................

Jisoo once again is back at CoEx Entertainment building to finally be introduced as the new manager for BlackVelvet. 

Unfortunately the purple hair was only the start of her probably bad week. An omen for an impending doom.

"You!" Jisoo angrily marched towards the unsuspecting CEO who was casually lounging at his mini bar. "Vincent, you lying , this is all your fault!" 

"Good morning to you too Jisoo." He raised his glass with a smile. "Your outfit is impeccable but what's with the beanie?" He tilted his head knowingly.

The newly hired manager removed her beanie and out flows her purple mane. 

"Does this look brown to you?" 

The young CEO chuckled. "You look cool, stop being such a prude." 

"A prude? Vincent, I look like a ing clown." 

The young manager then told his long time friend of how her morning went.  Of how her super expensive bath towel turned purple after she used it to dry her hair and how she rushed to the nearest boutique to buy caps and beanies which caused a bad dent on her account and how her car got a scratch for driving fast just to get to the salon and scold the person who colored her hair purple , only to know that Vincent doubled the amount she paid just so she could have that purple hair, lastly she got fined for beating the red light while rushing to CoEx.

"So I can strangle you or better yet beat the crap out of you." She cracked her joints.

Vincent was not even bothered of the seething woman's threat. "Atleast let me explain?" 

Jisoo raised an eyebrow at him and nodded. "1 minute or I'll choke you."

Vincent nodded. "Okay, that's but the reason I chose purple is it means power and I want you to see that everytime you look in the mirror. I want you to know that you can do this even if it's hard, you can prove something or anything and that you are worthy." Vincent smiled. "You are powerful Jisoo." 

Jisoo rolled her eyes. "I doubt that's the meaning of purple but that was a good spiel." The CEO winced when Jisoo punched him but they both laughed nonetheless.

...................
"Remove the coat." Vincent pointed at Jisoo's outfit.

"Uh, why?" The manager suddenly felt self conscious.

"I'm the CEO, you're not supposed to look more expensive than me." Vincent spoke like, Jisoo was supposed to know. "A Burberry coat over a Gucci shirt? Jisoo, what are you thinking? They would think you're richer than them or me!" He exclaimed dramatically.

"Technically speaking my family is richer than yours, so no, I won't remove the coat." Jisoo flipped her hair. "You can't blame me for looking expensive." 

"Gosh, the attitude." The young man rolled his eyes playfully. "Ready to meet the nation's girl group?" Vincent asked as they walk along the long corridors, towards the towering double door by the end of the hallway.

"Blasphemy! Girls' Generation is the nation's girl group." Jisoo said with conviction and a wave of her hands. "Which now makes me think, why on Earth did you not assign me to them?" 

"Because you're not in their level." 
He said in a sassy tone. "You can't handle them." He chuckled.

"Too much for that 'powerful' speech " she scoffed. 

"Shut up, here we go." Vincent ignored the pouty adult and proceeded to open the double door of the meeting room. 

...................

"Jennie hurry up or else will be late for the meeting." The blonde idol excitedly said as she opened her fourth banana of the day. Which Jennie hastily grabbed, knowing that the younger idol had far too many of the yellow fruit.

"Untwist your undies, Chaeng." Jennie took some sweet time pondering between a black hoodie and a black sweater, which earned an eye roll from the younger idol.

"Okay, that's it." The blonde grabbed the hoodie and shoved it at Jennie's face. "Wear that and be out at 5." 

Jennie is nervous and she doesn't know why. She knows something bad would happen, everytime she feels like something is brewing inside her stomach.

............

"Jen, I heard we'll meet your new manager today." Jennie was not even landing her on her seat when Yeri dropped the bomb.

"You hear everything, Yeri. What's new?" Sooyoung scoffed. "and Jen, all black? For real?" The tall idol questioned.

"Drop it kids." Wendy said when she entered the van and noticed Jennie's gloomy demeanor. "You okay, Jen?" 

Jennie smiled at Wendy's worried face, putting the Canadian's worry at ease. 

Wendy had always been the most sensitive with her members feelings and Jennie, though she won't admit it is just a marshmallow on the inside, so when you know her well, then you can tell if she's off or not. 

"Just a bit under the weather." 

"Uhuh?" Wendy was obviously not sold to Jennie's answer so the all black idol spoke.

Jennie bit her lip and contemplated on to telling Wendy about her little mishap this morning. 

"You can tell me, Jen." Wendy whispered so the two bickering kids infront wouldn't hear.

"Promise me you won't tell Joohyun." 

Wendy kept mum "That would depend on what you'll say." 

Jennie nodded, as much as Chaeyoung is loyal to her, Wendy's loyalty belong to their leader and she knows it's risky to tell the Canadian but she's got no one to tell.

"Okay, that's fair." The shorter idol sighed. "Okay, so this morning, I wanted to go for a drive and...."

"But you don't know how to drive!" Wendy's whisper was so harsh, she could have shouted inside the van.

"Just listen, Wannie, okay?. You remember how Yunho oppa used to give me late night road trips, right? I wanted to do that this morning but when I tried to back up my car but an SUV came out of nowhere and it grazed the car I was driving."

Wendy was flabbergasted. "But you can't drive." 

Jennie blinked twice and nodded. That was definitely a statement from Wendy. 

"Yeah?"

"What do you mean "yeah?". Jennie you're not supposed to drive because you A) don't know how to drive and B)  you should have just called Lisa." 

The black haired idol nodded with a pout. "Soooo, will you be telling Joohyun?" 

The Canadian seems to contemplate for a moment. "She'd give you an earful if I do." 

"Is that a no?" 

"Do you want it to be a yes?" Wendy grinned. "Jen, I know you miss Yunho oppa and I know you're having trouble sleeping but I'm here, okay?" She tapped Jennie's shoulder. "You can talk to me, I wouldn't mind, I swear." She winked.

....................

"Jennie-ah, are you excited?" Yeri was jumping and smiling like a maniac beside Jennie. 

"Yeri, calm down, we'll be meeting the   CEO and I don't want you bouncing on your seat with excitement." Joohyun pulled Yeri by her neck and laughed when Jennie let out a loud sigh.

"Jennie-ah, don't miss me too much." Lisa, her acting manager elbowed her with a greasy grin. 

"Puh-lease, there wasn't even an attachment." Jennie rolled her eyes with a goofy grin. "Just go and pester someone else. Oh look--" she pointed Chaeyoung. "Go ask her, why she's all dolled up today." The small idol pushed the tall manager.

"Hi, Chaeng. Wassup." The Thai awkwardly greeted the Australian beauty and there was Jennie shaking her head in disappointment.

................

"Oh we're early." Vincent chuckled. "Guess I might have misheard my schedule today." 

Jisoo squinted her eyes at his friend's jumpy demeanor. 

"You're nervous." She pointed out and when Vincent stopped rearranging his things, she broke out in a wide grin. 

"Me? Psshhh. I've been into so many board room meetings, this is nothing." He checked his hair and teeth on a nearby mirror. 

Jisoo frowned then suddenly her eyes lit up in realization. "YOU'RE THEIR FAN!" She shouted with glee. 

"! Shut up! Nobody should know, okay? I'm the CEO that's embarrassing." He was turning red in attempt to shut the now rolling on the floor laughing Jisoo.

"I knew you were a fan the moment you disrespected Girls' Generation." Jisoo wiped her tears but was still lying down the carpeted floor. 

"I did not disrespect them! I was only saying that times have changed and BlackVelvet is now dominating South Korea or I must say the whole world. Girls' Generation is untouchable." Vincent offered a hand to her friend.

"But, boy Vincent, I did not peg you to be a fan of young idols." Jisoo continued to tease while she fixes her coat. 

"They're as old as us! Joohyun is even older than us!" 

"Oh my! You even know their age. I bet you know everything about them, don't you. Are you turning into one of those greasy old CEO who like pretty girls?" Jisoo rolled up her coat.

"God, No! Shut your mouth Jisoo, someone might hea---" Vincent whispered harshly.

"WHO LIKES PRETTY GIRLS?"