Chapter 20

The Fate of The Four
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A little more than a week after they began to embark upon their return trip, the entourage from Bae Kingdom had managed to successfully return to their kingdom’s grounds safely. The entourage’s arrival was heavily celebrated along the streets of the kingdom’s grounds all the way to the main gate for the castle’s entrance. The festive atmosphere immediately lifted up everyone’s tired moods, especially those of the royal princess. Upon their arrival back, the royal princess instantly ran towards her study room, grabbed her ink pad, writing brush, and a blank parchment, and began to pour her feelings out into the letter intended for her long-lost lover.

Unbeknownst to the younger royalty, her sister was already standing on the study room’s entrance, leaning her slanted body towards the big frame of the entrance.

“Who are you writing that for, sis?” Crown Princess Bae asked rhetorically in a teasing tone, earning a grunt and an act of rolling eyes by the younger royalty.

“What do you want from me, Joohyun unnie?” Royal Princess Bae replied back in a pissed off tone as the shocking voice that originated from the door made her suddenly knock the ink pad off, causing it to spill all over the half-finished letter.

“I’m just checking up on my little sis’ condition, but apparently you’re already cooped up on your own. I guess I should just go and hangout with Seulgi now, then,” Crown Princess Bae uttered initially in a feigned concerned tone before changing into a nonchalant one and continuing, “I guess I’ll see you later, then. Bye, sis.”

The royal princess let out another grunt as she saw her sister left the empty again study room as she needed to restart writing the said letter. On the other hand, the crown princess went looking for her girlfriend, who was nowhere to be found.

Confused and worried, the royal princess quickly ordered the Royal Head of Guards, Lieutenant General Park Jihyo to meet her, in which she ordered the latter, “Jihyo, can you please go and search for Seulgi right now? She’s gone MIA now.”

The lieutenant general, who was also very troubled upon hearing such news, instantly enlisted the help of the other two lieutenant generals. After attempting for hours, Lieutenant General Park Sooyoung suddenly spotted the supreme general sitting alone on top of the grass field, right on the center of the castle’s main garden.

“Hey, Seul unnie,” Lieutenant General Park Sooyoung greeted the supreme general, who just turned her face around to see who called her.

“Hey, what are you doing here?” General Kang asked nonchalantly after returning her sight back to the blue sky.

“You are nowhere to be found in your house and within the main castle grounds! Crown Princess Bae was so anxious due to your missing presence and recruited us to search for you. You should have at least told Her Royal Highness that you’re going somewhere, unnie,” Lieutenant General Park Sooyoung uttered, in which she used a raised tone to say the last sentence.

“I just need some time off to think things through, Sooyoung-ah,” the supreme general replied back before going back to a quiet period.

After quite some time, the supreme general continued, asking, “By the way, why is Her Royal Highness requesting my presence?”

“I have no idea, unnie. That you have to ask her alone,” Lieutenant General Park Sooyoung answered as she shrugged her shoulders.

“Can you please just return back to Her Royal Highness and notify her that I’ll be meeting her in half an hour?” General Kang requested in a rather pleading tone, which undoubtedly raised suspicion on the lieutenant general’s thought.

Instead of going away, the lieutenant general took a seat right next to the supreme general’s position before querying, “Hey, what’s bugging your mind right now, Seul unnie? You look strung out, as if you haven’t slept for days.”

The supreme general let out a sarcastic chuckle before answering, “It’s true, though. I do haven’t slept properly throughout the trip back.”

“Well, do you care to elaborate on what cause such phenomenon to occur to the almighty Supreme General of the Bae Kingdom?” Lieutenant General Park Sooyoung asked again in a slight teasing and joking tone in the end.

This time, the supreme general had a slightly conflicted expression before letting out a sigh and beginning to explain, “I will tell you something highly confidential and you are not to, under any circumstances, divulge this information to anyone. You understand, Sooyoung-ie?”

The lieutenant general replied shortly with a nod, allowing the supreme general to continue slowly, “Well, there are two major things that I need to tell you first. First of all, Her Royal Highness and I are already dating for about 2 weeks now. We both confessed our feelings in that tent when you advised her to just divulge the whole prank thing to me. Secondly, Her Royal Highness of Im Kingdom and Her Highness are also currently dating. The two just got together the night before our departure back to Bae Kingdom.”

All of the information deeply shocked the lieutenant general to the core as she hadn’t expected any of those instances to take place, causing her to release short gasps along the way during the supreme general’s explanation.

“Since Her Highness and Her Royal Highness of Im Kingdom are now miles away from each other, they decided to recruit me to become their message bearer back and forth to and from the Im Kingdom,” the supreme general resumed her explanation, causing the lieutenant general to let out in quite the loud voice, “What the?!”

“Well, I initially just accept the offer because I feel the need to make those two, who I already consider as my little sisters, happy. However, I haven’t consulted such matter with Her Royal Highness before accepting it, making her quite angry. Her Royal Highness wanted me to just recluse myself from this mission as she thought that it’s too dangerous for me to go and she doesn’t to take the chance of possibly losing me forever. We fought and reasoned for a long time, but at the end, she reluctantly agreed to my stipulations,” General Kang kept on explaining, however the speed of her speech slowed down near the end.

After hearing the lengthy explanation, Lieutenant General Park Sooyoung, then, asked confusedly, “So what’s bothering you, then, unnie? Clearly, Her Royal Highness has agreed to you participating in this, well I might say, suicide mission.”

The supreme general eyed the lieutenant general sharply upon saying the last sentence, however, she just dismissed it hastil

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter