Chapter 12

The Fate of The Four
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The week had passed by quickly and their trip had finally come to an end as they reached their destination point, the Im Kingdom. As for Private Kang and Crown Princess Bae, the two would meet every night in the latter’s tent secretly with the help of Royal Princess Bae. Although it did raise suspicious thoughts on Sergeant Kim’s mind, Private Kang had managed to smoothly lie to the sergeant, excusing that it was confidential military work ordered personally by Royal Princess Bae.

Upon their arrival to the Im Kingdom’s borders, the entourage from Bae Kingdom had expected that they would be engaged with hostile attempts from their enemy’s army. Nevertheless, much to their surprise, the Im Kingdom’s Snake Trio had waited the Bae Kingdom’s entourage at their kingdom’s borders in order to them safely to their castle.

“Welcome to the Im Kingdom’s grounds. We are here to you all to our castle and show the houses that we had set for your arrival,” General Chou stated from her horse, before guiding the entourage towards the Im Kingdom’s castle.

Soon after, they had arrived on the Im Kingdom’s castle grounds and were immediately showed to which area of the palace the retinue, the generals, and the royalties will be staying during their time there.

After finishing the basic guide on the Im Kingdom’s castle grounds, General Chou said towards the three royalties, “Your Majesty, Your Highnesses, our King and Queen had requested for your presence for dinner tonight. They had ordered me to also invite General Kang to come to the dinner.”

“We’ll be there for dinner, General Chou. Please say to Taecyeon oppa and Yoona that we appreciate their hospitality and invite,” Queen Bae stated in a seemingly polite tone, earning the smile of the Im Kingdom’s general before she left towards the castle’s throne room to inform her King of the entourage’s arrival.

After General Chou had long been gone, the crown princess stated at her mother and sister, “Seulgi is not the supreme general anymore. How are we going to fix this situation? Should we just have her pretend that she’s back in her old position during our tenure here? Or should we just tell King Taecyeon the truth? How are we supposed to respond to all of this?”

“Gosh, Jeongyeon-ah, Joohyun-ah! That is why next time you two want to pull a prank on someone, make sure that it is not in this caliber. If I revoke your command, you can be looked down upon by the other soldiers and royal maids, but if I don’t do so, we also have trouble lying ahead of us,” Queen Bae uttered frustratingly, her mind seemed to be raking to its maximum capability.

“But we can’t possibly tell this story to King Taecyeon because he and his wife, alongside their daughter, would just laugh at the two of us, which is definitely not what I want. Therefore, I recommend that we should just have Joohyun unnie herself revoke the command. I believe that is the only way so that unnie will not be looked down upon, but instead as a person that can show mercy,” Royal Princess Bae recommended her seemingly brilliant idea, which was hastily approved by the other two royalties.

The royal princess, then, went out of Queen Bae’s room, where the three royalties held their ‘meeting’, and went on to search for General Son and Private Kang. Finding General Son was rather simple because she was simply in the room she shared with Lieutenant Generals Park Jihyo and Park Sooyoung, however searching for Private Kang was a bit hard, considering that there were no specific room allocated for the G Company. Nonetheless, with a few luck and the help of the many soldiers of the 3rd Battalion roaming around different areas, General Son and Royal Princess Bae managed to successfully pinpoint the private’s location. From afar, General Son had ordered for Private Kang to come with the two of them, in which the private just reluctantly abide with and followed.

When the three had been in a distance quite far from the main palace ground allotted for the Bae Kingdom entourage, the royal princess began explaining, “So, Mother, Joohyun unnie, and I just had a meeting and we decided that we will have Hyun unnie revoke her own order on Seulgi unnie, meaning that Seul unnie will now return back to her position as supreme general and general of the army and Seungwan unnie will return back to the position of second-in-command of the army and a rank of lieutenant general. Are you both alright with it?”

Private Kang eyed General Son worriedly, however the latter’s actions shocked the former as she jumped gleefully in her position.

“Gosh, thank goodness Her Royal Highness decided to revoke the command earlier than what we planned it to be! Job’s all yours, Seul. Thank you that you have finally released me from the tiring job as general of the army. No wonder you’re the only person who can be both the general of the army and supreme general in our kingdom,” General Son said speedily, still whilst jumping and squealing delightedly.

Both the royal princess and the private just scratched and shook their heads upon the general’s actions.

“Mother and Joohyun unnie are going to announce this entire thing in just a few moments from now. I suggest that you two return back to the palace's main grounds right now,” Royal Princess Bae informed at the two soldiers, prompting the private to question, “Are you not going to be there for the announcement, Your Highness?”

“Three royalties can be a hassle for everyone when we are all situated in one place. I just want to have some time alone for myself right now. You two better go,” Royal Princess Bae answered in a conflicted tone.

The two soldiers glanced at each other anxiously and confoundedly, but the general broke of the glance by bowing before the royalty and excusing herself to return back to the said place.

Meanwhile, the private waited until the general was far away before questioning with a concerned tone, “Why do you seem so tense? Is there anything bothering you right now? I am here if you want to talk to someone, Jeong-ah.”

The royal princess was extremely reluctant to share her worries with her best friend as the latter was just engaged in a happy and floundering relationship with her older sister.

However, her thoughts got the best of her as she began to tell, “There’s just a lot of things going on in my brain these past few days, Seul unnie, and I want our time here to just be perfect and without any problems. Truthfully, ever since Joohyun unnie told me that the two of you are finally in a relationship, I was extremely jealous of your happiness. It seems like there’s no tomorrow for the two of you when you are together. You two seem so joyous and I have never felt like that before in my life, especially during my not-so-proud moments of one-night stands. I just wish that I can find a person in my life that can look at me like how Joohyun unnie looks at you.”

Private Kang was very shocked upon hearing what the royal princess had to confess as she had never predicted that the younger royalty had such deep thoughts.

Private Kang, then, advised the younger, “Look, Jeongyeon-ah, the only thing that I can tell you is just to wait and when the right time comes, the one that you are searching for will come to you directly. But when that time comes, you should promise me that you will never let that person down in any way and you should never hurt that person. I will personally see to it that you treat that person right and I will not hesitate to be mad upon you or even punish you when you do not treat that person with care and love.”

The royal princess smiled upon hearing the private’s concern words before replying, “Thanks for the wise words, Seul unnie. If you don’t mind, though, can I just have my time alone in here? I kind of like the atmosphere here.”

“Yeah, sure. I will be back at the main palace ground if you need me. Bye, Jeong-ie. Love you,” Private Kang uttered before shortly bowing and hurriedly leaving the royal princess alone at the Im Kingdom’s huge garden.

In the main palace ground allocated for the Bae Kingdom’s entourage, the private arrived back just in time to hear the announcement that the crown princess would be rescinding her previous sentence on the former supreme general.

“With the power invested in me by my mother, Queen Bae Taeyeon, I, Her Royal Highness Crown Princess Bae Joohyun, will revoke the punishment I have sentenced upon Private Kang Seulgi and formally reinstate her back to the rank of General and the position of General of the Army and Supreme General of the Bae Kingdom. Henceforth, General Son will return to her position as Second-in-Command to General of the Army and the rank of Lieutenant General. Thank you for your attention and you are all to return to your previous work now,” Crown Princess Bae announced with a stoic face upon all of the individuals present before her, causing a slight murmur to sound during the announcement.

Nonetheless, the crowd quickly dissolved as they all were to return to their own duties and that was when the crown princess

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter