Chapter 1

The Fate of The Four
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The streets of Bae Kingdom were filled with shouts of joy and glee as the Bae Kingdom’s Army, led by the Supreme General Kang Seulgi, strutted through the streets with heads held up high as they returned back from another battlefield with absolute domination and victory. The parade following the army battalion quickly dissolved once they have reached the gates of the Bae Kingdom’s Royal Castle.

“All of you may return back to your respective homes and barracks. Have a week off! We deserve it,” General Kang Seulgi ordered with a voice filled with authority and elation as she dismissed the army battalion who had just partaken four grueling months of endless war.

The series of cheers erupted again after hearing the general’s command as the soldiers returned back to their own places to rest and take the week off. The general, then, accompanied by her two most-trusted lieutenant generals, went inside the castle’s main building and towards the Queen’s throne room.

On the other part of the castle, an overly elated crown princess just woke up from her sleep after realizing what special event would occur on that day.

Just as soon as she came back to her senses and sat down on her bed, a loud knock resonated inside her chamber, prompting her to ask, “Who is it?”

“It is Lieutenant General Park Jihyo, Your Royal Highness. May I come inside?” the soldier announced herself from outside the room, asking permission to the newly awoken crown princess.

“Sure! Come on in, Jihyo,” the crown princess curtly replied, followed by the sound of the grand chamber doors opening and closing and the presence of the commander of the royal guards half-kneeling down before the royalty.

“I was just about to ask the guards to call you when you announced yourself. Please tell me that Seulgi is really going home today, Jihyo. Please tell me that!” the crown princess uttered with a tone full of hope and childishness.

The lieutenant general let out a small laugh after seeing the crown princess’ antiques and informed, “Yes, Your Highness. General Kang and the 1st Battalion have safely returned back and just passed the kingdom’s borders about half an hour ago. The general is set to de-brief Her Royal Majesty with the war results before resuming with her other duties.”

The crown princess pumped her fists to the air with extreme happiness before commanding, “Have Seulgi come see me after the meeting with my mother. Oh, and will you please have Yerim come inside as soon as you leave?”

“Yes, Your Royal Highness,” Lieutenant General Park Jihyo shortly answered before bowing again at the royalty and leaving the room swiftly.

Upon meeting the crown princess’ Head of Royal Maid right outside the chamber, she relayed the royalty’s command to the said girl, prompting the latter to quickly enter the room.

The shorter brown-haired girl just bowed before the royalty’s presence before querying, “What do you need this morning, Your  Royal Highness?”

“Please set my bath, Yerim-ah, and get me my best clothes, preferably one of my favorite hanboks. I may be in for an intrepid adventure today,” the crown princess uttered while having a smile graze her face that morning.

“Yes, Your Royal Highness,” the crown princess’ Head of Royal Maids just replied before heading out to the chamber’s bathroom to prepare the royalty’s bath and perform her other works.

Meanwhile, the lieutenant general speedily walked towards the castle’s main building, knowing that the army’s supreme general may be located there. Just as she predicted, Lieutenant General Park, who was also the Commander of the Bae Kingdom's Royal Guards, found the said soldier walking with pride, followed closely by two of the supreme general’s most trusted lieutenant generals.

Upon catching the black-haired general’s attention, Lieutenant General Park Jihyo saluted at the supreme general before saying, “Crown Princess Bae ordered me to have you be brought upon her presence after your meeting with Her Royal Majesty.”

The general just chuckled upon the lieutenant general’s words and answered, “Tell the crown princess that I’ll be there as soon as possible, Jihyo-ah. By the way, how have you and the crown princess been doing by the way?”

“We’re alright. There’s nothing much to do here anyways. How I wish I can with you three to the battlegrounds, Seul unnie,” Lieutenant General Park Jihyo uttered at the other three soldiers who stood before her.

“I promise you. Next time, I’ll bring you with me to the war and have one of these two stay behind to take care of the castle,” General Kang comfortingly replied after letting out another soft chuckle due to the lieutenant general’s words.

“By the way, why don’t you two catch up with Jihyo? I can just de-brief Her Majesty myself,” General Kang proposed at the three lieutenant generals in front of her.

“Are you sure that’s okay for Her Majesty and for you?” Lieutenant General Son Seungwan, the supreme general’s second-in-command, questioned worriedly.

“Hey, I’ll be alright and I’m sure that Her Majesty will understand as well. Off you go, guys. You need this break more than I do,” General Kang said reassuringly at her three comrades.

“We’ll

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter