Chapter 18

The Fate of The Four
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Per usual, the Dragon Trio walked alongside Lieutenant General Myoui in the first row, followed by the supreme general alone in the second row, the two royal siblings together in the third row, and Queen Bae alone in the fourth row.

“Have you discussed with Nayeon about which high ranking soldier of the Im Kingdom Army will help Seulgi carry out this mission?” Crown Princess Bae questioned in a whisper, which was only within hearing reach with her younger sister.

“Nope, sis, I haven’t. She’s been extremely busy after our meeting this morning and I have yet to meet her. I hope I can talk things through with her tonight about this plan,” Royal Princess Bae answered truthfully, in which the crown princess only reply with an understanding nod.

The small entourage soon entered the main hall, where the party seemed to have already commence. As soon as they arrived at the said room, the entourage quickly dissolved into smaller groups, as the Queen went on to communicate with other royalties near her age, the two royal siblings alongside the supreme general went on to have small conversations with other royalties, council members, and high ranking soldiers around them, while the three lieutenant generals went on to begin eating whilst having small talks with guests and also paying full attention on the three royalties’ wellbeing and safety.

Not long afterwards, King Im entered alongside his wife, with the Im Kingdom’s General of the Army, General Chou, leading and guarding the royal couple. King and Queen Im, then, proceeded to engage in conversations with other kings and queens from other kingdoms while General Chou went on to engage in small talks with other high ranking soldiers present in the party. Soon after, Crown Princess Im, dressed in a captivating floral white dress, went inside the castle’s main hall whilst being accompanied by Lieutenant General Son Chaeyoung. The crowd immediately took notice upon the newly inaugurated crown princess and gave the latter a series of claps and cheers again. Per Crown Princess Im’s request, Lieutenant General Son escorted the crown princess until she had reached the sides of Royal Princess Bae before leaving to meet with Lieutenant General Myoui.

The supreme general subconsciously bowed before the younger crown princess, which her actions were immediately stopped by the younger crown princess who uttered, “Seul unnie, why do you feel the need to do that to me? We’re childhood friends and although we haven’t seen each other in a very long while, you are already like a sister to me. From now on, you should not, under any circumstances, bow or kneel before me and call me ‘Your Royal Highness’. You should only refer to me as Nayeon-ie.”

The younger crown princess’ statement instantly earned the snickers from the two royal siblings and the act of scratching the nape of the neck by the supreme general.

“Good luck with that, Nayeon-ah, because it took us our entire lives for her to finally not bow before us or call us ‘Your Highness’ every time we meet each other in private,” Crown Princess Bae explained to her fellow crown princess the reason why the laughed upon hearing the statement.

“Yeah, well, I hate being called with that title, especially by those who are really close to me, so you got to try to not call me that, Seul unnie. I mean it,” Crown Princess Im uttered sternly.

“I will try my best to remember that, Nayeon-ie. I promise,” General Kang said reassuringly, prompting a gentle smile to graze the face of the younger crown princess.

At that moment, the crown princess nudged her younger sister, signaling her to ask her girlfriend about the crown princess’ request.

Royal Princess Bae cleared once before asking, “My dear, Nayeon-ie, can I ask you for one more favor for our mission?”

“Yeah, sure, anything for you and for our mission, Jeong-ah. What do you want me to do?” Crown Princess Im almost spontaneously answered.

“Well, Joohyun unnie here is very anxious about how dangerous this mission can be for Seulgi unnie and now, she is requesting me to ask you whether you can enlist the help of General Chou or any other lieutenant generals in this kingdom’s army to help her during her mission,” Royal Princess Bae queried a bit hesitantly.

The younger crown princess’ face immediately scrunched up upon thinking who that person might be before suddenly, her facial expression brightened up almost instantly. She, then, excused herself from the two royal siblings and the supreme general, but promised them that she would soon be back with another person. A few minutes had passed, the younger crown princess finally returned back, however this time, she brought both Lieutenant Generals Son Chaeyoung and Myoui Mina with her.

“Tzuyu can be a person that is too close-minded and she is truly devoted to Father and Mother. Chaeng-ie and Mina-ri, on the other hand, seemed to be more logical and they both listened to me better than they listened to what Father and Mother had to say. I believe that they will be the perfect choice to help us,” Crown Princess Im explained her intentions of bringing the two lieutenant generals with her.

“Are you sure that we can trust them, Nayeon-ah?” Crown Princess asked anxiously whilst still fidgeting rather uneasily.

“With all due respect, Your Highnesses, when it comes to missions ordered to us by Her Royal Highness, we would, with no doubt, carry it unquestioningly for her because we fully devote ourselves to Her Royal Highness,” Lieutenant General Myoui uttered truthfully upon the unconvinced two royal siblings.

After hearing the lieutenant general’s reassurance, the two royal siblings, alongside the supreme general, agreed upon Crown Princess Im’s suggestion upon enlisting the two lieutenant generals’ help for the dangerous mission. After several more hours in that main hall, the supreme general and the head of royal maid for Crown Princess Im dragged Lieutenant Generals Son and Myoui from their respective spots in the party and head over to Crown Princess Im’s private garden, where the royalty allowed the four to borrow it for a while to discuss their plans.

“Alright, so how are we going to get pass through the castle borders first?” General Kang insinuated upon settling inside the meeting area with the other three.

The three thought for a while before Lieutenant General Son suggested, “I can place my most trusted soldiers at the borders during the night that you will arrive and order them to just let you in instantly.”

“But wouldn’t that raise suspicion, Lieutenant General Son? Wouldn’t they also be confused on why you ordered them to allow the supreme general of Bae Kingdom inside the kingdom’s grounds in the middle of the night?” General Kang opinionated the doubts that had been lingering in her brain ever since the idea was suggested.

“Please just call us with our first names, General Kang, and no, it wouldn’t raise suspicion. These soldiers do whatever I say to them with no questions asked,” Lieutenant General Son answered in confidence.

Upon hearing the reassurance, General Kang, then, continued, “Alright, I guess it’s a good idea. Anyone else have another suggestion?”

“Well, we can always just sneak in through the underground tunnel, you know,” Lieutenant General Myoui spoke up her opinion, causing the other three to just shift their stares at her and looked at her confusedly.

“What are you talking about, Mina-ri?” Crown Princess Im’s head of royal maid, Hirai Momo, asked out of curiosity.

“About 5 years ago, my father and King Im created this underground tunnel so that they can sneak in and out of the castle’s grounds easily. There is a trap door in the castle’s main garden that connects to the underground tunnel and the tunnel ends a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter