Chapter 16

The Fate of The Four
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I… I don’t really know what to say,” Princess Im said first nervously to break the silence filling the two’s air.

“Me neither, but I believe that we can talk about this after the coronation ceremony,” Royal Princess Bae replied back calmly and softly at the crown princess with the sweet smile that she usually gave the younger royalty.

“You are not mad at me?” Princess Im asked confoundedly, prompting an almost inaudible chuckle to go out of the royal princess’ mouth.

“Of course I am not mad. If any, I am happier right now because I can get to know the real you. I am also glad that I do not need to think of ways on how to divulge my real identity to you,” Royal Princess Bae stated happily with her expressions beaming brighter than the sun, causing the crown princess to blush instantaneously at the last statement.

“I am extremely glad that you are not mad at me,” Princess Im shortly denoted and the two were instantly lost in each other’s eyes again for the umpteenth time during their time at the Im Kingdom’s grounds.

However, their moment of bliss was cut short by Crown Princess Bae’s not-so-subtle act of clearing , prompting the two younger royalties to give her a threatening glare simultaneously.

“Why do you always have to ruin such a good moment, Joohyun unnie?” Royal Princess Bae asked in a whispering but threatening tone.

“It’s good to see you two best friends having a perfect moment of your own, but need I remind you both that we are still in a coronation ceremony, your crown princess coronation ceremony, Nayeon-ah. Now can you please just go greet your parents and get this ceremony over with?” Crown Princess Bae quickly explained the intention behind her previous actions.

Knowing what her sister said was true, the royal princess held the younger princess’ hand tenderly and said, “Go now. I will wait for you on our usual place after this whole procession is done.”

Princess Im smiled and nodded at the words, before shortly engulfing the royal princess in a loving embrace. After letting the hug go, the princess quickly moved towards her parents, who were waiting for her expectantly and confusedly. The two older royalties questioned their daughter on what she was talking about with the royal princess, however the princess just shrugged the question off and not answer them, much to the dismay of her parents. After quickly dismissing her parents by giving each one of them a short hug, the crown princess went on to approach the high priest, who bowed her heart briefly upon the royalty’s presence.

“Shall we begin now, Your Highness?” High Priest Hwang asked in a whisper, which was softly replied by the crown princess, “Yes, Miyoung imo. Please do begin the procession already.”

The high priest nodded for one last time before addressing to the crowd, “This morning, we have gathered here in the Royal Church of Im Kingdom to witness the coronation of Princess Im Nayeon as the Crown Princess of Im Kingdom. If anyone wishes to stop the ceremony, they shall do it now or forever remain in silence.”

Realizing that nobody seemed to move from their respective position to dispute the commencement of the ceremony, High Priest Hwang inquired the royalty to put her right palm on top of the golden-plated Bible and her left hand to be raised up.

The high priest, then, resumed, “Do you, Her Highness Princess Im Nayeon, swear to uphold the pride and dignity of this kingdom and everything in it?”

“I, Princess Im Nayeon, promise to the people of this kingdom that I shall constantly preserve and uphold the constitution of this kingdom. I promise that I shall defend and preserve the independence and the territory of this kingdom to the best of my abilities, that I shall protect the freedom and rights of all residents, that I shall employ all means at my disposal by the law to preserve and promote prosperity, as a good crown princess should do. So help me God,” Princess Im recited before lifting her hand from the Bible and being given a scepter with encrusted crystals at the head of the staff and a golden orb.

High Priest Hwang prompted the soon to be crown princess to turn around to face the crown before she placed the new and more glamorous crown on top of the princess’ head.

“With the power invested in me, I, High Priest Hwang Miyoung, now introduce to you Her Royal Highness Crown Princess Im Nayeon, Crown Princess of Im Kingdom,” High Priest Hwang addressed to the crowd, causing them to erupt in cheers and claps.

The whole crowd began to uniformly praised, “Long live Your Royal Highness Crown Princess Im Nayeon,” over and over again, prompting the newly inaugurated crown princess to smile proudly at the crowd.

However, in the midst of all of that, the crown princess could only search for one person, the only person that could make her heart flutter. They locked their gaze and almost instantaneously, they got lost in each other’s stares again. The world seemed to slow down for the two as they savor their moment, not caring nor noticing about what was going on in the real world.

The royal princess mouthed, “Congratulations,” which the new crown princess replied with her usual captivating and enchanting smile before saying, “Thank you.”

The older crown princess, alongside the supreme general, noticed the subtle interaction between the two lovebirds and just smiled upon the two’s action. However, the lovers’ magical moment was cut off too quickly when the crown princess’ parents called upon her.

Crown Princess Im mouthed, “I’m sorry but I got to go,” to the royal princess, in which the latter just replied with an understanding smile as she saw her lover interact with others before quietly leaving the premises early.

After the royal princess had left for the castle’s garden, the supreme general approached her own girlfriend and whispered, “Look how far Jeongyeon had grown because she met Her Royal Highness Crown Princess Im, Hyun-ie. We should definitely thank Her Royal Highness after this for what she had done to Jeongyeon.”

The crown princess nodded in approval before replying, “Yeah, she becomes more understanding and patient these days. Gosh, those two are just very cute. Do you see how captivated they are with each other? Do you notice how Nayeon’s eyes were immediately searching for Jeongyeon as soon as the coronation procession is done?”

The supreme general smiled upon hearing the statement before nodding her head profusely and uttering teasingly, “Gosh, those two are just perfect for each other. Just like us.”

This time, the crown princess just shot a glance towards her girlfriend and asked in a flat tone, “Are you for real right now? Seriously, at this moment, you just had to tease me with that?”

The supreme general wiggled her eyebrows playfully before replying, “Hey, I got to try, my dear Hyun-ie, but seriously though. We really are perfect for each other.”

The crown princess let out a series of giggles before stating, “Yeah, we really are made for one another and there is nobody and nothing that can stop us.”

Although it was in public, the supreme general braved herself to gently take the crown princess’ right hand and placed a sweet and soft kiss on the back palm of the hand, causing the royalty to instantly blush at the caring action done by her girlfriend. Luckily, nobody managed to see that little romantic action between the two and they sighed in relieve upon realizing that. The crown princess and supreme general, then, went on to greet other royalties, council members, and soldiers present in that church before deciding to just head back to the royalty’s chamber together.

At least an hour had passed by from the end of the coronation ceremony that the crowd had finally fully dispersed from the royal church, leaving the newly inaugurated crown princess alone with her parents.

King Im decided to take this opportunity to question his sole daughter, “Nayeon, dear, what did you talk about with Jeongyeon? We notice that you two were talking for quite some time there.”

The crown princess truly did not know what to answer her parents with, but had decided that she should not tell the nature of the two’s relationship until a declaration of peace had been agreed upon the two kingdoms.

Henceforth, she simply answered, “We just catch up with each other, dad. I told her how much I miss my best friend and we talked for a while from there. That’s all, dad.”

Although hesitant that the crown princess had told the whole truth, the queen replied her daughter’s short statement shortly, “Alright then, if that is what you say, but remember darling, we are always here for you in case you need someone to talk to.”

“Yes, Father, Mother, I know. Can I have the rest of my day off for today? I have something really important that I ought to do,” the crown princess requested with pleading eyes to her parents, knowing that they could not resist those eyes.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter