seventeen // worth the wait

My Little Dancer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Love cannot be measured by how long you wait,
it's about how well you understand why you're waiting."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Maybe? What on earth is maybe?!

Yein stared at the fallen leaves and kicked the ground. She was sitting on a bench at the entrance of the bar they had been relaxing at the past four hours.

"Ah, you're still here?"

Jungkook was standing at the doorway. He had gone to the restroom when the group decided it was time to leave.

Yein nodded in response. "I made sure the guys sent the girls back."

"I see," he answered, looking straight ahead. After a brief moment, he asked, "shall we get going then?"

"Mhm."

As they walked in silence, Yein had a lot running through her mind. She had questions in which she wanted answers for, and she had questions in which she didn't really want answers for.

After fighting in her mind on what to say, she finally mustered her courage.

"I'm sorry."

Yein expected him to stop in his tracks but Jungkook simply continued walking in the same slow pace.

"For what?"

"Uh... you drank another drink on my behalf."

The sound of the crunching of leaves underfoot persisted, graciously filing the gaps in their conversation.

"That's my problem. I chose it. You don't have to be sorry."

Yein stole a glance at him and watched as he trudged on, hands in his hoodie, eyes looking straight ahead. He occasionally looked at the road and behind them, as if he was looking out for cars or bicycles.

Unsure of how to continue, Yein, with her hands als

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter