fourteen // distraction

My Little Dancer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Stop being afraid of what could go wrong,
and start being excited about what could go right."
Tony Robbins

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"Yein?"

"Yein!"

"Sorry yes?"

Sungyoon sent her a slightly confused look. They were having a meeting for the planning of the engineering major's next freshmen orientation. He was a year four and the house head of their house that consisted of four groups.

Mentally slapping herself for letting her mind wander during the meeting, Yein apologised before joining in the discussion. She was eternally thankful for her rather good multitasking skills, enabling her to act as if she was giving her full attention.

Yein had been having a difficult time.

Ever since the after-exams party and the king's cup game, she had been doing her best to be professional when interacting with Jungkook, acting as comfortably as possible. She used to think she was really good at being professional, having been brought up in a crazily competitive dance school where she had to keep her emotions and behaviour in check. For the first time in her life, the level of her professionalism was being challenged.

Appearing normal required a lot of effort on her part; she'd hide her shivering fingers behind her back or shove her hands in her pockets if she had. As much as she tried to maintain eye contact with him, she'd eventually end up diverting her gaze away.

She wasn't sure if she was being overly sensitive but through observation, Jungkook had been the same. He didn't seem like he was forcing himself to converse with her normally, he was just normal. It made her wonder what his actions truly meant that night. One thing for sure, it made her doubtful all over again.

To make matters worse, some genius decided to pair them up as group leaders in the same group. Yein was sure no one outside their circle knew anything because another girl came up to her to tell her 'how lucky' she was to be paired up with Jungkook.

Al

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter